Topic: Inorganic Collections

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Once a year, us primitives in South Auckland throw out all our junk onto our front lawns.

The council then comes round in his truck and picks up all our crap and takes it to the dump. However, usually it takes a week or two for that to happen. So in the meantime our streets look like some third world country. Piles of rubbish on the side of our roads. Stray dogs rummaging throws bags of trash. Children building forts out of rotting planks of wood.

We are supposed to only throw out a cubic meters would of stuff, (I only usually throw out 2 or 3 items). But some people have mountains of rubbish, like this guy.

I can't understand how people mange to keep all this shit in their house, maybe they have a room which is bigger on the inside where they keep it all.

But it gets worse...

Because now, for the next two weeks, we get the hoarders driving around in their pickup trucks, from early morning till the middle of the night. These people probably don't leave their house all year except for these two weeks. They'll drive up and down the streets, poke around in the piles of junk, and drag off all sorts of stuff to bring back to their lair.

And they get into fights with each other, last time my Wife and I were driving down the street, and we were blocked. Two hoarders had stopped their pickup trucks in the middle of the road, and were shouting at each other through their windows, this went on for about 5 minutes before we got past.
Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:16:05 pm by Spacemonkey

Posted: September 03, 2013, 05:00:01 pm

Offline BeNZene

• Forum Admin
  • BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...BeNZene might someday be someone...
I've not seen South Auckland, but we had it in central when I lived there. The scrap metal guys were the worst - they used to hoon along with 2-3 dodgy looking guys on the back of a flat bed truck, and would pull up, pull the piles apart and spread shit everywhere, grab anything metal (including breaking things to get at the metal) and leave behind a mess.  It was not unheard of for fights to break out over the scrap if two of them pulled up at once.

Reply #1 Posted: September 03, 2013, 05:30:22 pm

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
Rofl thats bad

Reply #2 Posted: September 03, 2013, 06:04:10 pm
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Man, you'd think Auckland was full of scum or something...

Reply #3 Posted: September 03, 2013, 07:02:44 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline genienz

• Devoted Member
  • genienz has no influence.
Yes, we are also in south Auckland and It seems like people must replace their lounge suites and mattress's every year.
Our poultry pile this year consisted of one rusty old hose reel with a hose that had been chewed full of holes by the dog......it was gone before I got to the end of the driveway.

Reply #4 Posted: September 03, 2013, 08:06:40 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
I thought the council changed this so you had to book a time for the council to pickup the items, then be there to open your garage for them to get at all the shit. Stops pickers and ensures only the allowed amount is thrown out.

Reply #5 Posted: September 03, 2013, 09:00:50 pm

Offline toofast

• Addicted
  • toofast barely matters.toofast barely matters.
Quote from: mycoolcar;1530941
I thought the council changed this so you had to book a time for the council to pickup the items, then be there to open your garage for them to get at all the shit. Stops pickers and ensures only the allowed amount is thrown out.

While it is a shame people make such a mess going through the stuff, i think its nice to see people reusing stuff getting thrown away, rather than it ending up in some landfill.

Reply #6 Posted: September 03, 2013, 09:13:04 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: toofast;1530945
While it is a shame people make such a mess going through the stuff, i think its nice to see people reusing stuff getting thrown away, rather than it ending up in some landfill.

This ^^^

it does suck that it makes your neighbourhood look like a bomb site for a few weeks, but less crap in the landfill and more crap being re-used or re-cycled isn't a bad thing

Reply #7 Posted: September 04, 2013, 08:24:48 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Oh man rant time here:

I fucking hate scumbag students in my area who soil a mattress or chair or CRT TV then just dump it out the front of their shitty over priced freezing cold flat as if someone might want to take it away for free.

All that happens is it sits there for a few weeks, gets rained on, goes mouldy, and they leave it there as if someone might still want it.

fucks me off.

Reply #8 Posted: September 05, 2013, 10:25:36 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
I got a mini system from the side of the road, it had been there a week or so, caught fire after half an hour of use. Fun times.

Reply #9 Posted: September 05, 2013, 05:37:14 pm
Wallpaper thread (It was good when it was updated)

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
What a coincidence! I threw my out my mini system because it had a risk of catching fire. Was sitting there a week before some guy picked it up. Ha

Reply #10 Posted: September 05, 2013, 06:35:20 pm

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
  • AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.AvatarFACE is working their way up.
Must have been yours then, the Britney spears and Beyonce CD's still in it confirm it.

Reply #11 Posted: September 05, 2013, 08:24:56 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Every year Palmerston North has something similar, except instead of household refuse, everyone puts their used sex toys out.

Mountains of used dildos and anal beads as far as the eye can see.

Reply #12 Posted: September 05, 2013, 09:33:21 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
  • The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!The Demon Lord is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Retardobot;1531070
Every year Palmerston North has something similar, except instead of household refuse, everyone puts their used sex toys out.

Mountains of used dildos and anal beads as far as the eye can see.

I am not sure what is worse:

Throwing out Used Sex Toys,

Or the idea that someone might go round and 'recycle' them.....

Reply #13 Posted: September 06, 2013, 07:37:42 am

Offline AvatarFACE

• Devoted Member
probably export them to japan, there is probably a big market there if half of the random shit you see on the internet is to be believed.

Reply #14 Posted: September 06, 2013, 03:22:05 pm

Offline The Demon Lord

• Addicted
Quote from: AvatarFACE;1531107
probably export them to japan, there is probably a big market there if half of the random shit you see on the internet is to be believed.

I can see it now

Used dildo vending machines in Tokyo - to cater for those on a Smelly Minge Binge

Reply #15 Posted: September 06, 2013, 03:29:10 pm

Quote from: The Demon Lord;1531108
I can see it now

Used dildo vending machines in Tokyo - to cater for those on a Smelly Minge Binge

When you say you can see it now....

Is it because your standing right in front of one?

Reply #16 Posted: September 06, 2013, 04:30:47 pm

Quote from: The Demon Lord;1531108
I can see it now

When you say you can see it now....

Is it because your standing right in front of one?

Reply #17 Posted: September 06, 2013, 04:34:28 pm