Topic: SpaceGlasses - Meta

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
This is at least 2 times better then the vapourware that is Google glasses.

They also cover two eyes, so the images can actually work in 3D.

It's also 2 times cheaper then Google glasses.

Look much better too (at least the production model does, the prototype model looks like balls)

https://www.spaceglasses.com/home#
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/gadgets/9036435/What-Google-Glass-should-have-been

Posted: August 14, 2013, 06:30:18 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Not buying until they make it look like this:

Reply #1 Posted: August 14, 2013, 07:48:21 am

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Does it come with the suit?

Reply #2 Posted: August 14, 2013, 08:11:08 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Comes with the badass wig.

Reply #3 Posted: August 14, 2013, 08:31:39 am

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1529913
Comes with the badass wig.

All those people in the video were wearing wigs.

Reply #4 Posted: August 14, 2013, 10:02:30 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
Been playing with the Ocolus rift glasses, now that is wicked fun.

http://www.oculusvr.com/

Don't know about wearing them down the street tho

Reply #5 Posted: August 14, 2013, 10:34:47 am

Offline BerG

• Terminator

I just watched the video and saw the production version.

Why do all their videos have the really shitty looking ones?

Do you reckon its worth pre-ordering? I am very tempted, but its a bit dodgy that they dont even have a video of the cool looking ones actually working.

Will it be useful at all for day to day wearing? Or will will play one game of laser tag and never pull it out of the draw again. Surely battery life is shithouse. Unless the lenses are transparent solar panels.

That would be fucking awesome.

Reply #6 Posted: August 14, 2013, 02:10:28 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;1529929
I just watched the video and saw the production version.

Why do all their videos have the really shitty looking ones?

Do you reckon its worth pre-ordering? I am very tempted, but its a bit dodgy that they dont even have a video of the cool looking ones actually working.

Will it be useful at all for day to day wearing? Or will will play one game of laser tag and never pull it out of the draw again. Surely battery life is shithouse. Unless the lenses are transparent solar panels.

That would be fucking awesome.

All part of the design process, the later in the game you make changes to the design, the more expensive it will be.

The duct taped models in the videos are development/prototype so they can debug, adjust etc

Putting a pretty case around the outside is the last thing you do in case you discover you have to make a major design change after you've placed an order for 2500 plastic molds to be made.

Say for example they've got a sensor mounted on the bottom side of the glasses, while they're picking the glasses up, putting them down, dropping them, adjusting them etc they notice the sensor keeps getting bashed and knocked around, so they undo the duct tape and move it to the top, this will require the chassis be redesigned to accommodate for the sensor being on top of the glasses instead of the bottom.

I'm pretty certain the glasses will look sexy as fuck, much like the model they're touting, if I had the spare cash I'd definitely preorder, I think they'll revolutionise games

Reply #7 Posted: August 14, 2013, 02:29:25 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K