Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
i think this is a good explanation of creationism

Reply #1375 Posted: March 14, 2007, 05:44:56 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
but really, this is much more accurate. The eagle nebula

Reply #1376 Posted: March 14, 2007, 05:45:59 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
I think this explains alot too:

Reply #1377 Posted: March 14, 2007, 06:26:29 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
lol @ both, and the pic is awesome, well it would be if i hadn't already seen it so many times.

Reply #1378 Posted: March 14, 2007, 06:42:43 pm

Offline 1/2Pulse.

• Addicted
  • 1/2Pulse. has no influence.

Reply #1379 Posted: March 14, 2007, 06:46:06 pm

Offline Prowess

• Just settled in
  • Prowess has no influence.
Quote from: (BHP)Clyock;350548
Oh bollocks, after this moronic statement i didn't even read the rest. You show me any explosion on any scale that distributes matter in an even pattern and i'll eat poo. The big bang happened a looooong time ago you norman you don't think movement since then may have altered the distribution of matter. Again none of this is your own idea just another cut and paste.

Here's an idea, cut and paste a bag over your head and go sit in the corner till we say you can come out!:smash:

your right this is not my word it is a scientists not a christian either this guy.
were do your ideas come from?id trust him over you any day.

Reply #1380 Posted: March 14, 2007, 09:02:28 pm

Offline Prowess

• Just settled in
Quote from: Spacemonkey;350577
When i was feeding the fish todays, i threw a whole lump of feed right in the middle of the pond.

The feed started spreeing out in a circular fashion, I expected it to spreed out evenly, but instead, the pieces clumped together, forming small islands.

Then the fish ate it.

Thus my pond proves the big bang theory.

mate your a genius! sorry no your fish food says nothing about the big bang.

Reply #1381 Posted: March 14, 2007, 09:05:01 pm

Offline Prowess

• Just settled in
Quote from: 'frog.;352677
i agree 200% christians are worshipping a very pagan concept. the bible is riddled with it.

show them their own work.

would you like to back that up with anything or how about any other statment you make?

Reply #1382 Posted: March 14, 2007, 09:10:07 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Can I add something else here - I'm kinda getting tired of angry triple posts with no discernable grammar in them. If you have something to say, please present it in such a way that it makes people want to read it.

Not just you Prowess, but this thread is full of examples - Hannibal4Life is one guy off the top of my head. Not Tiwaking though, his were normally nicely presented, even if there was like 40 posts in a row from him :D

Reply #1383 Posted: March 14, 2007, 09:30:03 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: dirtyape;362526
but really, this is much more accurate. The eagle nebula

I have no idea what Im looking or trying to look at.
[video]MiL91PxeuuI[/video]
Quote from: dirtyape;354931
this thread is about religion vs science. It is not all about religion bashing

I was reading the local Dunedin student rag yesterday(The Critic). There is an article called "Manifest Destiny", which was of great interest to me. The guy, Arthur Curry, bashes the Christian groups on campus for attempting to recruit people and calls for Agnostics and Athiests to form groups and do the same. In fact, I'll quote him
Quote from: Arthur Curry
The worst part is the fact that they're usually fundamentalist groups. And that they seem to have so many members. We're at a university here - we're meant to be the institute of learning. Scientific evidence and observability are key tenants to one-third of the university. Debate, the free exchange of ideas, and open critiques of concepts are central to another third. These religious groups deny both sets of ideas. The other third is commerce students. We don't talk about them.

They deny the rigours of science by pushing creationist propaganda, none of which adheres to the basic concepts of science. Or repeatability, observability, disprovability. An invisible, undetectable, ineffable creator who cannot be observed or shown in any way isn't science! It's bullshit! Attempts to deny such fundamentalist tenets of the scientific community like evolution or the age of the planet deny so much blatantly obvious and verified evidence that it blows the mind

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;362709
Can I add something else here - I'm kinda getting tired of angry triple posts with no discernable grammar in them. If you have something to say, please present it in such a way that it makes people want to read it.

Not just you Prowess, but this thread is full of examples - Hannibal4Life is one guy off the top of my head. Not Tiwaking though, his were normally nicely presented, even if there was like 40 posts in a row from him :D

Yeah thats because I actually care about both what information I am presenting and HOW it is presented. Spoon feeding over force-feeding

Reply #1384 Posted: March 14, 2007, 09:30:44 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
Quote from: Tiwaking!;362711
I have no idea what Im looking or trying to look at.

star birth

Reply #1385 Posted: March 15, 2007, 01:05:02 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.

Reply #1386 Posted: March 15, 2007, 02:10:55 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
lol arni

i've been lurking in the orkut christian forums,  they're pretty much just reassurring each other constantly about how religion > science. And how all non believers are going to hell.

e.g.

IS THE BIBLE THE PARAMOUNT OF ALL MODERN SCIENCES?
1. Nicholas Copernicus a Polish astronomer in 1543 A.D. proposed his theory that the earth rotated daily in its axis. Where as Bible elucidated this 800 B.C. in Psalms 99:1; Let the earth be moved! Job 9:6 He shakes the earth from its place.
etc
etc

I mean honestly - wtf? And everyone is congratulating the guy for telling it like it is! rofl

I expect i will be banned shortly for being a fkn heretic

Reply #1387 Posted: March 15, 2007, 02:33:44 pm

Offline Prowess

• Just settled in
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;362709

sorry about the triple posts i have limited time to reply.
angry i don't intend but i'd like to see some science here
before you claim science has proved there is no god.
puntu.. punty...  good spelling not my strong point.

next thing i believe hole heartedly but question theorys
when not alot holds them up.i am not against science.

Reply #1388 Posted: March 15, 2007, 04:47:06 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
science has proved that the bible is incorrect:

earth was created from the debris left over from our sun forming for the 3rd time - not by the hand of some malevolent super being.

Reply #1389 Posted: March 15, 2007, 05:15:28 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: dirtyape;363064
star birth

Star birth??

Stars arent BORN! They're always existed the same for the past 6000 years! God put them in their locations and had their light already beaming at earth so we would have something to look at when he let us invent telescopes. Have you learned nothing?

Reply #1390 Posted: March 15, 2007, 09:33:23 pm

Offline njjvk

• Devoted Member
  • njjvk has no influence.
Quote from: dirtyape;363266
science has proved that the bible is incorrect:

earth was created from the debris left over from our sun forming for the 3rd time - not by the hand of some malevolent super being.

Na god just screwed up three times duh!

Reply #1391 Posted: March 16, 2007, 10:13:01 am

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Jonesy_;363708
Na god just screwed up three times duh!

But god is supposed to be perfect...

Reply #1392 Posted: March 16, 2007, 11:24:00 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Prowess

• Just settled in
what part of the bible has science proven wrong?

great scientific staments by the way,you guys sound
more like people with grudges.

Reply #1393 Posted: March 16, 2007, 01:02:31 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Shut up, new guy.

Seriously, this was a discussion until certain peoples came in and hijacked it with personal agendas. Hence the reason I haven't made a serious post in about a month and a half.

Reply #1394 Posted: March 16, 2007, 01:30:47 pm

Offline njjvk

• Devoted Member
  • njjvk has no influence.
Quote from: Arnifix;363753
But god is supposed to be perfect...

Ahhh but could he be so perfect that he could screw up on purpose just to not be bored?

on the topic of religion though, heres the first animation I made that got on to newgrounds :P

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/235187

Reply #1395 Posted: March 16, 2007, 01:39:56 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
Quote from: Prowess;363820

genesis

Reply #1396 Posted: March 16, 2007, 02:55:52 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;363832
Shut up, new guy.

Seriously, this was a discussion until certain peoples came in and hijacked it with personal agendas. Hence the reason I haven't made a serious post in about a month and a half.

but it says you joined in june 2006 ? :chuckle:

Reply #1397 Posted: March 16, 2007, 03:32:09 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Prowess;363820

Um. Where do I start? How about Unicorns. Actually, I wont even bother telling you about Unicorns, if you've done your research(Which you havent) You'd know about them already.

How about usuary as a heresy? Insurance as a heresy? Relying on a temporal irreligious organization to prevent catastrophes to your property? BLASPHEMOUS!

Try brushing up on your relgious knowledge before you jump anywhere near this discussion.

There's an excellent quote by Thomas Paine:
Quote from: Thomas Paine
The Bible is a book that has been read more and examined less than any book that ever existed.

Reply #1398 Posted: March 16, 2007, 09:22:21 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: Black Heart;363923
but it says you joined in june 2006 ? :chuckle:

I was jokingly passing swift judgment on the new guy that joined in Feb 2007. I do realise I am still fairly new myself :D

Reply #1399 Posted: March 16, 2007, 11:45:50 pm