Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Prowess;364904
yes your school teacher was not interested in learning the truth of
the world they were wrong but didn't get that from the bible.i belive
dinosaurs were on the ark.

Great.

So Noah shepherded 2 fucking Tyrannosaurus Rex's onto his wee wooden boat.

You dont find that a little....err....ya know?

Reply #1450 Posted: March 18, 2007, 01:44:19 am

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
Quote from: Prowess;364902
yet dinosaurs did live at the same time as humans
and we know the date they were given.

bahaha you serious. dates given by what the bible?
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9388/dinotimeline8f5a2etn9.png
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

not the 65 million year gap from when dinosaurs died out and when man evloved

Reply #1451 Posted: March 18, 2007, 01:49:33 am

Offline KiLL3r

The rejection of the validity of fossils and of dating by religious fundamentalists creates a problem for them:

* They cannot deny that hundreds of millions of fossils reside in display cases and drawers around the world. Perhaps some would argue that these specimens - huge skeletons of dinosaurs, blocks from ancient shell beds containing hundreds of specimens, delicately preserved fern fronds -- have been manufactured by scientists to confuse the public. This is clearly ludicrous.
    * Otherwise, religious fundamentalists are forced to claim that all the fossils are of the same age, somehow buried in the rocks by some extraordinary catastrophe, perhaps Noah's flood. How exactly they believe that all the dinosaurs, mammoths, early humans, heavily-armored fishes, trilobites, ammonites, and the rest could all live together has never been explained. Nor indeed why the marine creatures were somehow 'drowned' by the flood.
    * The rejection of dating by religious fundamentalists is easier for them to make, but harder for them to demonstrate. The fossils occur in regular sequences time after time; radioactive decay happens, and repeated cross testing of radiometric dates confirms their validity.

Reply #1452 Posted: March 18, 2007, 01:53:13 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: Prowess;363820
what part of the bible has science proven wrong?

great scientific staments by the way,you guys sound
more like people with grudges.

I will provide you some detail:

The church accepted that the earth was the centre of the universe and that the sun orbited the earth. Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "the sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises."

It was Copernicus that provided Renaissance Europe with the first heliocentric model for the solar system. This placed the sun at the centre of the system. Copernicus was a catholic Cleric, who was raised by his uncle (who later became prince-archbishop). Copernicus presented the heliocentric model to Pope Paul III who encouraged the theories publication. In fact, Copernicus book titled "The Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres" was dedicated to Pope Paul III.

The concept of a heliocentric solar system was later deemed heretical by the church as it was in direct conflict with the bible:
Chronicles 16:30 states that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved."
Psalm 104:5 says, "[the LORD] set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved."
Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "the sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises."
etc

This is where science and religion split apart.

After Copernicus, Galileo defends the helicentric model of the solar system and was trialed for heresy and imprisoned. He spent 9 years confined to his Villa under house arrest until he died of natural causes.

The heliocentric model is now PROVEN to be a true. So the bible is FALSE.

Also, just to note, Copernicus cannot be given full credit for the heliocentric model. The first recorded document that mentions the model penned by the indian sage - Yajnavalkya - who lived around 900-800BC.

Reply #1453 Posted: March 18, 2007, 01:02:32 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
ok on noahs ark, what did the carnivorous animals eat ?

Reply #1454 Posted: March 18, 2007, 06:36:56 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart;365409
ok on noahs ark, what did the carnivorous animals eat ?

Noah fished a few drowned triceratops carcases out of the flood waters.  Kept the Saber tooth's feed for months.

Reply #1455 Posted: March 18, 2007, 07:03:01 pm

Offline KiLL3r

what about plants? if the world was flooded for 60 days or whatever wouldnt all the  plant life die? (salt water and water pressure)

prowess can u answer this one?

Reply #1456 Posted: March 18, 2007, 08:07:58 pm

Offline benlav

• Addicted
  • benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...benlav might someday be someone...
there's no f****n way I'm gonna even try to catch up on this thread.

Reply #1457 Posted: March 18, 2007, 08:15:44 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: benlav;365477
there's no f****n way I'm gonna even try to catch up on this thread.

Oh no!

Come on man, give it a try.

If you try and fail at least you can say you gave it your best shot.

Reply #1458 Posted: March 18, 2007, 08:48:23 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: KiLL3r;365471
what about plants? if the world was flooded for 60 days or whatever wouldnt all the  plant life die? (salt water and water pressure)

prowess can u answer this one?

The Tyrannasaurus Rex's on the boat had majical bean stalks.

Reply #1459 Posted: March 18, 2007, 09:45:05 pm

Offline Hannibal4life

• Just settled in
  • Hannibal4life has no influence.

Reply #1460 Posted: March 19, 2007, 02:43:39 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
There have been quite a few odd finds like that.  The one that gets me the most is the SHOE prints in 600 million year old rock. And we're not talking primitive flax sandles, but what looks like a pair of perfectly cut, flat soled jandles.

So either...

A) Science (which only ever holds itself as theory) has more to learn.

B)Evidence can't always be taken at face value.

or

C) God wore Jandles.

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/meister.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC102.html

Reply #1461 Posted: March 19, 2007, 02:48:39 pm

Offline Phlexz0r

• Just settled in
  • Phlexz0r has no influence.

Reply #1462 Posted: March 19, 2007, 02:52:51 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: Zarathrustra;366076
C) God wore Jandles.

He wears sandles in a lot of pictures (as well as sites like the Brick Testament and TV shows The Simpsons and South Park) - could there have been some confusion?

:D

Reply #1463 Posted: March 19, 2007, 02:59:54 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: Hannibal4life;366075
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/taylor-3b-overlay-animation.gif

All i'm gunna say on the matter. Next please.

BAHAHAHA your evidence is a human footprint in what is outlined as HALF as dino footprint. first theres no way to identify if it is even a dino foot print because it only shows what i think is the heel.

Heres some real dinosaur footprints btw

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/3374/footst1a86dfdar8.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

so unless you can tell me what dinosaur made the footprint in your pic, we'll have to assume your one ignorant idiot

I notice that site also claims its information from Antony Flew who according to them was once the most famous atheist but now believes in their god. This is just more disinformation by christians. Antony Flew does believe their is a god of sorts but not a christian one

In a December 2004 interview[2], he said: I'm thinking of a God very different from the God of the Christian and far and away from the God of Islam, because both are depicted as omnipotent Oriental despots, cosmic Saddam Husseins.

Flew's conception of God as explained in the interview is limited to the idea of God as a first cause, and he rejects the ideas of an afterlife, of God as the source of good (he explicitly states that God has created "a lot of" evil), and of the resurrection of Jesus as a historical fact.

So its quite ironic christianity promotes this guy as the reason god scientifically exist yet he doesnt believe in their god at all.

Reply #1464 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:14:36 pm

Offline Hannibal4life

• Just settled in
Quote from: Simon_NZ;343802
Id bash jesus.

LOL - is that before or after he turns u into a pillar of stone:violin:

Reply #1465 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:21:26 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

He turns people into stone now?

Reply #1466 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:23:12 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: BerG;366099
He turns people into stone now?

of course god is all powerful he can do everything.

except of course:

Cure disease
Destroy all Evil
Kill Satan
Cure Cancer
etc

Reply #1467 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:30:42 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
it probably is within the realms of possibility that a few dinosaur populations survived the mass extinction of their kind. It would likewise be possible that we have not identified any fossiles for these creatures, or fossiles might not even exist.

But, this does not change the fact that the evidence supplied is very weak and proves nothing.

Looking at it scientifically you would say it was an anomally that neither proves nor disproves anything.

Reply #1468 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:38:48 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Hannibal4life

• Just settled in
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;360858
This thought crossed my mind at one point a while back - if/when Jesus Christ comes back one of two things might happen:

1) He might start claiming to be Jesus Christ, and end up locked in an asylum (like how Bruce Willis is locked up 12 Monkeys because he says he was from the future - in the movie, it was true but they didn't believe him).

2) He might start doing miracles and stuff, which would freak people out and they could kill him OR he might get kidnapped and covered up by the American government, Roswell/X-Files style.

Personally, the safest thing to do would be come back and just start smiting people. That way no-one will argue :D

Or he could come back like he said he would in the way he said he will, and people will be like "damn shud a listened eh bro"

Reply #1469 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:43:58 pm

Offline KiLL3r

i looked through that whole site for more dino-human footprint evidence but couldnt find any. Sure they had lots of pictures of human footprints but none of it proves without a doubt dinosaurs and man lived at the same time. Even if there are some footprint beside each other its doesnt mean they were created at the same time.

Quote from: Hannibal4life;366127
Or he could come back like he said he would in the way he said he will, and people will be like "damn shud a listened eh bro"

Im sure youll be waiting a longtime, infinity for example

Reply #1470 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:44:13 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
Quote from: dirtyape;366119
it probably is within the realms of possibility that a few dinosaur populations survived the mass extinction of their kind. It would likewise be possible that we have not identified any fossiles for these creatures, or fossiles might not even exist.

But, this does not change the fact that the evidence supplied is very weak and proves nothing.

Looking at it scientifically you would say it was an anomally that neither proves nor disproves anything.

QFT

I'm guessing a few of you guys are familiar with Eric Von Daniken.  He poses some interesting arguments, and some astonishing evidence.  I'd recommend the reading, but not to take it as gospel... if I did, I'd be crazy... as a Christian. ;p

Reply #1471 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:46:08 pm

Offline Hannibal4life

• Just settled in
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;362709
Can I add something else here - I'm kinda getting tired of angry triple posts with no discernable grammar in them. If you have something to say, please present it in such a way that it makes people want to read it.

Not just you Prowess, but this thread is full of examples - Hannibal4Life is one guy off the top of my head. Not Tiwaking though, his were normally nicely presented, even if there was like 40 posts in a row from him :D

Dude i dunno what your prob is. My gramma is brylint, and i kan spall lyke the bezt ov ewes

Reply #1472 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:47:09 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
Quote from: Hannibal4life;366127
If Jesus/God/Aliens/whatever did come back, and judged us for following common sense and reason, i.e. questioning religion; them fuck him, he's a asshole and I want no part of his master 'plan'.

Reply #1473 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:48:34 pm

Offline KiLL3r

once again im being ignored by religous facist (hannibal) because they know im right :sunnies:

Reply #1474 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:50:28 pm