Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Hannibal4life

• Just settled in
  • Hannibal4life has no influence.
Quote from: KiLL3r;366143
once again im being ignored by religous facist (hannibal) because they know im right :sunnies:

Actually i have been reading the 10 pages of posts i missed during my R&R period in BF2142.

I love it when people in here claim a minor victory 5 minutes after they reply to your thread.
So desperate for gratification :violin:

Reply #1475 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:53:20 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Hannibal4life;366127
Or he could come back like he said he would in the way he said he will, and people will be like "damn shud a listened eh bro"

LOL.

We all hope he does. It would be awesome if there was a heaven we could go to when we die and play around forever.

Unfortunately there isn't and you fail.

Reply #1476 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:53:33 pm

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
Can you answer just 1 question for me then hannibal.

Where is heaven located?

Reply #1477 Posted: March 19, 2007, 03:54:36 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
it is interesting that the foot prints - which could be easily fabricated - are enough for religious types to claim that "evolution has been obliterated!".

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/dino-human-coexistence-implications.htm

That is kind of like saying a helium balloon is proof that there is no gravity. It's proposterous.

The only evidence that will really screw up evolution is discovering a human fossile that can be dated accurately. Foot prints are not evidence.

Reply #1478 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:00:20 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: Hannibal4life;366132
Dude i dunno what your prob is. My gramma is brylint, and i kan spall lyke the bezt ov ewes

My main problem - as a Christian - is that this thread got hijacked by a few "I'm right, you're wrong" Christian dudes who have no idea how to conduct themselves in a serious discussion in which compelling evidence is presented supporting both sides. You'll notice that those who are against Religion in this discussion only started getting silly and petty after people like yourself did. Far too often Christians either 1) resort to "doesn't matter what you say, I'm right" tactics, or 2) disappear entirely, when faced with a serious argument. If you can't answer someones claim, just say so - there is no shame in admitting that you simply don't have an answer.

As for your comment "Or he could come back like he said he would in the way he said he will, and people will be like "damn shud a listened eh bro"", I was merely illustrating a point that, when it happens, judgment day will be nothing like what anyone envisaged.

And what I said about taking discussion seriously and answering claims seriously goes for the rest of you too! *shakes fist* :D

Reply #1479 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:01:19 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.
Quote from: dirtyape;366151

The only evidence that will really screw up evolution is discovering a human fossil that can be dated accurately. Foot prints are not evidence.

If that happened, they would just go one preposterous step further, and say it was proof of god.

Reply #1480 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:02:42 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #1481 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:03:11 pm

Offline Hannibal4life

• Just settled in
That site clearly identifies a human print within a dinosaur print in the renowned dino plains in the States. Talk about being ignorant, and sticking heads in the sand now eh...

And as for personal attacks bro - keep on task already. I personally think its juvenile to attack a person. Stating a belief is fine, identifying evidence is good, presenting a rebuttal to that evidence is great, rebutting the rebuttal is acceptable. Slagging someone off as a facist cos they don't reply instantaniously....

A major reason i've been MIA from here is cos it is getting more personal than topic centred. I don't mind BH and a few others who are remaining focussed, but i can't stand it when people get intensely personal.

The beauty of my current role is i have access to a variety of church denominations and a significant proportion of the spectrum of Christian belief. To some that may seem conceited to say i can confidently state the Christian perspective, but I can comfortably say i am in such a unique position as to claim that.

That may seem "fascist" to a non-christian, but then again here are the arrticles of faith in Christianity:

http://www.creeds.net/ancient/nicene.htm

It clearly reinforces statements already made in the forum, by both myself and Prowess

Reply #1482 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:05:25 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
A couple of other points ...
Quote from: KiLL3r;366147
Where is heaven located?

The idea of heaven is based on a precept that there is a spiritual plain, not seen by the naked eye. In my own experience, this spiritual plain is where I know that God is real, because I can feel His love there. One thing that I believe is that this spiritual plain is the same place where love between 2 people exists - you can't see the love between 2 people because it exists in a place we can't see, in a spiritual connection. Theoretically, the soul resides permanently in this space, and heaven does too (as I understand it).

Quote from: dirtyape;366151
it is interesting that the foot prints - which could be easily fabricated - are enough for religious types to claim that "evolution has been obliterated!"

One word describes this tactic of over-exaggeration: fear. The outfits that run those kind of headlines are worried that the evidence doesn't cover its stance properly, so these outfits over-exaggerate in the hope that people will think the issue is so done-and-dusted that readers won't bother reading up on it, rather than accept the inevitable fact that neither side has a bulletproof, 100% correct, case.

The real truth is I don't understand how some things happen, and I never will.

/pointless ranting

Reply #1483 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:08:05 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: Hannibal4life;366163
That site clearly identifies a human print within a dinosaur print in the renowned dino plains in the States. Talk about being ignorant, and sticking heads in the sand now eh...

No it doesnt it shows what looks/probably is a humans foot print in a bit of ground. there is no clearly distinguishable dinosaur footprint anywhere in that picture

Reply #1484 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:13:45 pm

Offline Hannibal4life

• Just settled in
Quote from: KiLL3r;366176
No it doesnt it shows what looks/probably is a humans foot print in a bit of ground. there is no clearly distinguishable dinosaur footprint anywhere in that picture

Ah the beauty of sticking a head in the sand. Right i'll go MIA again.

Reply #1485 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:15:24 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
i'm glad you have your eyes open fleastyler, it shows you are not a mindless robot.

And hannibal i would be careful about telling science that the head is in the sand. I don't know how many SOLID PROVABLE FACTS have been ignored or brushed off, yet you somehow think a few footprints are enough evidence to "obliterate" evolution.

Reply #1486 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:16:33 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: Hannibal4life;366180
Ah the beauty of sticking a head in the sand. Right i'll go MIA again.

The only one sticking their head in the sand is you. I have been examining this picture closely and there is nothing to say it looks like a dinosaur footprint.

In fact if you look closely enough at the heel of the "dino" print its actually sticks up like this /\ , im no scientist but normally a footprint puts a impression into the earth not the other way around

Reply #1487 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:19:05 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
the morte i look at that the more unauthentic it appears, for one the line between the toes and the ball of the foot is too clearly defined. I detailed analysis of it is in order. Call CSI

Reply #1488 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:23:04 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Doesnt that link monkey posted say thehuman prints are fabricated anyway.

Reply #1489 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:23:22 pm

Offline Phlexz0r

• Just settled in
  • Phlexz0r has no influence.
It was probably Chuck Norris pulling the ground up.

Reply #1490 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:23:45 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Edit. heres where i outlined it in photoshop. if it is a foot print like its supposed to be why is the bottom left of the dino footprint have a  shadow? IF it was sunken into the ground the shadow should be on the other side like in the rest of the picture

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4703/biblesck1.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

the sun is shining from the right

Reply #1491 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:25:07 pm

Offline KiLL3r

well this debunks that whole picture anyways so we need not discuss it anymore

http://www.youdebate.com/DEBATES/creationism_footprints.HTM

Reply #1492 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:32:51 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: dirtyape;366181
i'm glad you have your eyes open fleastyler, it shows you are not a mindless robot.

DANGER DIRTYAPE!!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!!!! *head swivels 360 degrees*

Seriously thanks man - and BerG too :D

I just think that, before I started back at church, I believed 100% in science, so to say that the church is right and science is wrong would be like saying that everything I believed until I was 22 years old was not true. In actual fact, as I've stated before, I think science and God (and the Bible) actually fit together, but I don't know how and I'm not learned enough to even start trying to explain it.

All I know for sure is that I absolutely, unashamedly, 100% believe in God and that there is unavoidable evidence that disproves such a claim :asian:

Reply #1493 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:41:04 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
if i was god and came back, id just have a 24/7 party

water to wine, magical herbs, hoes for africa, the earth is fucked regardless, may as well enjoy it.

Reply #1494 Posted: March 19, 2007, 04:46:38 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: dirtyape;366191
the morte i look at that the more unauthentic it appears, for one the line between the toes and the ball of the foot is too clearly defined. I detailed analysis of it is in order. Call CSI

Christian Scene Investigators? Ouu I wouldnt trust them. We all know what they did with the Shroud of Turin and Jesus's Tomb!
Quote from: Prowess;364700
what the hells with the
unicorns?how about being more specific when you say what part of the bible has been proved wrong by science.

Just like I suspected, thought and found funny to raise because I knew you wouldnt have studied it. Behold! For all you unbelievers! Evidence of Unicors!
Quote from: Job 39:9-10
39:9. Shall the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or will he stay at thy crib?
39:10. Canst thou bind the unicorn with thy thong to plough, or willhe break the clods of the valleys after thee?

Making fun of people who have achieved a zero in Theology amuses me no-longer. Im going to ressurect another point I made but never fully discussed because I didnt realize the sheer weight of ignorance that keeps this thread afloat

Reply #1495 Posted: March 19, 2007, 10:14:18 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
I actually ripped this out of the other Religion megathread! Sorry about the out of contextedness everyone, but it seemed appropriate.

Quote from: Tiwaking!;300268
If Ghandi had been born 2000 years ago he most likely would have become a Jesus like figure today

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;300401
So you're implying that 2000 years from now, people will regard him as such? Lets not forget that Jesus Christ had an immediate impact on history. I mean, He did RISE FROM THE DEAD! Or did you miss that part? Personally I can't remember Ghandi turning water to wine, or healing the sick, or rising from the dead, for that matter. Not only that, but books started popping up about the life of Jesus Christ almost immediately, and became known as the Gospels, plus His closest followers (the 12 apostles) went into all the world and caused an almost-immediate explosion of the Christian Church. Ghandi has had none of these effects on society at large, and in this information age, I'm sure we would have heard if he had.

Quote from: Tiwaking!;300449
People will NOT view Ghandi as a Jesus like figure for the simple fact that a) He claimed he was only a man. b) He claimed he was a Buddhist, and a Christian, and Hindu AND a Jew. c) He never claimed divine holiness or divinity. d) We have both is writings AND video footage of him i.e Proof of existence.

The point of my post was not to discredit the possiblity of Christ. In fact it was in response to the idea that Jesus was merely a "Martin Luther King" figure, which is entirely correct. I was merely to pointing out that given the lack of FIRST-HAND information about his TRUE teachings anyone could become an influential figure in biblical times.
Even Musilims give Jesus credit, but do not believe him to be the son of God.

Rastarfarianism: Faith moves mountains
Rastafarians believe that Haile Selassie I is(was) the temporal incarnation of God. This occurred in modern times and is quite a strong religious movement. Haile Selassie never acknowledged the movement as fact but unlike Ghandi he never tried to actively discourage worship of his personage.

Why is this relevant? Because Rastarfarians belief in an observable God frees them from the intellectual baggage of having to justify their beliefs!

Please note: Im not a Rastafarian

Reply #1496 Posted: March 19, 2007, 10:52:06 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: Tiwaking!;366592
Behold! For all you unbelievers! Evidence of Unicors!

I knew that unicorns existed when I saw that episode of The Simpsons where Homer kills the last one ... :disappoin

Reply #1497 Posted: March 19, 2007, 11:09:51 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

Stolen from GP

[video]_dnxHmvrrW0[/video]

Reply #1498 Posted: March 20, 2007, 09:48:41 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: BerG;367543
Stolen from GP

Lol at The Rifleman.

Reply #1499 Posted: March 20, 2007, 10:08:45 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.