Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
I no longer think evolution and christianity can co-exist. If you worship god but beleive we are here due to evolution just what the fuck are you worshipping god for ? What exactly do you owe him/it? what exactly makes god 'great' because as far as i can see you don't beleive god ever did anything.

Reply #1525 Posted: March 27, 2007, 04:16:51 pm

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart;373462
I no longer think evolution and christianity can co-exist.

Edit: science and religion could but not evolution and christianity.

how did you ever come to think that evolution and christianity can co-exist?

Reply #1526 Posted: March 27, 2007, 08:45:36 pm
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: 'frog.;373883
science and religion not evolution and christianity.

Semantics.

Reply #1527 Posted: March 27, 2007, 08:56:48 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Black Heart;373462
I no longer think evolution and christianity can co-exist.

Quote from: Tiwaking!;327783
This is why science and religion cant co-exist peacefully. The whole point of science its to further the goals of humanity, in other words: To become God! God cant coexist with other gods and the very idea that a creation would advance to the level of creator is incredibly scary(not that God can be scared of course). This means science is a direct threat to religion, which is why religous leaders are frightened of the ideas of science.

It took you *this* long to reach the conclusion which I've always known?

Like I've mentioned earlier, this thread hasnt died. Its just that its continuance will be the based upon the resurection of unresolved issues which I'll gladly do when I have time

Reply #1528 Posted: March 27, 2007, 10:19:08 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
science is the new religion i tells ya

Reply #1529 Posted: March 27, 2007, 10:30:32 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Fragin';373998
science is the new religion i tells ya

No you silly

Monotheistic religious thought all agree that God created everything so therefore the credit for everything goes for God. By extension: The reason FOR everything is God, therefore all our toils are for NOTHING. Why bother doing anything when its God's will? A four year old dying of cancer? Lets pray for them because if they die then it was obviously God's wish for them to die!

Religion propped up administration. When people branched out after Copernicus and started to

a) Learn to read
b) Reject doctrine
c) Actually start testing theories and ideas

The administration started to get fractured as it was teaching ideas contrary to observation. Observations which people still today quite happily ignore(The Grand Canyon for instance)

As religion slowly moved away from being the sole source of intellectual discovery, directly beneficial inventions were put into practice. Doctrines were hurriedly re-written to take these into account and explanations were created to show how our rapid scientific advance showed how just truly amazing God's universe really is.

Unfortunately those people who study the fundamental building blocks of everything(Quantum mechanisists) and Cosmologists realised long ago that: Randomness is the universe. That is: No intelligence runs the universe

Which leads us to the final conflict: Religion requires a non-corporeal, non-local super-intelligent and impossibly perfect being as its overall explanation

Science requires nothing but observable phenonemon

Reply #1530 Posted: March 28, 2007, 10:04:46 am

Offline Hand!cap

• Just settled in
  • Hand!cap has no influence.
Blinded the minds of the unbelievers....2 Corinthians 4:4

:disappoin

Reply #1531 Posted: March 28, 2007, 02:33:22 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Quote from: 'frog.;373883
Edit: science and religion could but not evolution and christianity.

how did you ever come to think that evolution and christianity can co-exist?

well a god could have 'seeded' earth to start life. because evolution certainly doesn't go anywhere near the how life began subject.

But even that leads to the question of how the god ever got into being, and alive.

Reply #1532 Posted: March 28, 2007, 02:46:35 pm

Offline D_Unit

• Addicted
  • D_Unit has no influence.
Goddamn i have spammed up hard!

Reply #1533 Posted: March 28, 2007, 05:38:09 pm

Offline (BHP)Clyock

• Just settled in
  • (BHP)Clyock has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart;374545
well a god could have 'seeded' earth to start life. because evolution certainly doesn't go anywhere near the how life began subject.

But even that leads to the question of how the god ever got into being, and alive.

Life is supposed to have started with lightning striking the oceans fusing minerals together into amino acids and from there we're off.

Really it's in my sons science book.

Reply #1534 Posted: March 28, 2007, 09:03:55 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Quote from: D_Unit112;374727
Goddamn i have spammed up hard!

no shit :heheh:

Reply #1535 Posted: March 28, 2007, 09:16:42 pm
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
Quote from: (BHP)Clyock;374973
Life is supposed to have started with lightning striking the oceans fusing minerals together into amino acids and from there we're off.

Really it's in my sons science book.

Thats great, care to explain why that can't be recreated scientifically ? As far as i'm aware amino acids don't make life. left to their own devices amino acids actually do sweet fuck all.

Reply #1536 Posted: March 28, 2007, 09:30:59 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Hand!cap;374532
Blinded the minds of the unbelievers....2 Corinthians 4:4

"But the Lord thy God shall deliver them in thy sight:  and shall slay them until they be utterly destroyed." - Deuteronomy 7:23

Friendly chap that God guy isnt he?

Reply #1537 Posted: March 28, 2007, 09:34:14 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
how many times does he have to slay them before they're dead?

Reply #1538 Posted: March 28, 2007, 09:36:20 pm

Offline Hand!cap

• Just settled in
  • Hand!cap has no influence.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;375013
"But the Lord thy God shall deliver them in thy sight:  and shall slay them until they be utterly destroyed." - Deuteronomy 7:23
Friendly chap that God guy isnt he?

Twia Tiwa Tiwa.....you have choosen an "Excellent scripture"

Context of this one is "God Protecting his people" Jehovah God was the GOD of Israel.
In this scripture GOD is showing his infinite strenght, his promise to protect his choosen people...the surounding nations put there faith in pagan gods ...but Israel has Jah.

In the face of there gods, Jehovah will utterly destory them i.e [no one cant stand against the nation of Isreal]...

Read the next verse 24: And he will certainly give their kings into your hand, and you must destroy their names from under the heavens, NO BODY will take a firm stand against you until you have exterminated them

Tiwa the book of Deuteronomy cements the LOVE Jehovah has for his people and will protect them.---------------> pssst its we're the commandments are introduced

Reply #1539 Posted: March 28, 2007, 11:09:50 pm

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
The Covenant. is this a God of war?

Reply #1540 Posted: March 28, 2007, 11:45:22 pm
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Science has won, 100 years ago everyone went to church - now it is just a few psychos and pedophiles - there is no point discussing the fact that there is no god with them, like there is no point trying to convince any crazy that the pink elephants they believe in don't exist

Reply #1541 Posted: March 29, 2007, 01:48:45 am

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: cobra;375200
Science has won, 100 years ago everyone went to church - now it is just a few psychos and pedophiles - there is no point discussing the fact that there is no god with them, like there is no point trying to convince any crazy that the pink elephants they believe in don't exist

Exactly the type of post that pisses me off no end. We've already established that this stance is WRONG so SHUT UP!

Reply #1542 Posted: March 29, 2007, 07:46:52 am

Offline (BHP)Clyock

• Just settled in
Quote from: Black Heart;375011
Thats great, care to explain why that can't be recreated scientifically ? As far as i'm aware amino acids don't make life. left to their own devices amino acids actually do sweet fuck all.

Dude i just read the book, i didn't write it.
When he brings it home from school today I will write out the whole passage for you.

Reply #1543 Posted: March 29, 2007, 11:26:08 am

Offline Brendan_Chipp

• Just settled in
  • Brendan_Chipp has no influence.
Quote from: cobra;375200
Science has won, 100 years ago everyone went to church - now it is just a few psychos and pedophiles . . .

lol, I've seen some rediculous posts, but that post deserves an award.

*golf clap*

Reply #1544 Posted: March 29, 2007, 01:02:55 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
satan and jesus fight in southpark, it must be real!!! Santa is in it toooooooo!

Reply #1545 Posted: March 29, 2007, 01:09:25 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
anyone see the smacking protest yesterday. all the idiots in favour of the smacking bill where yelling things like 'jesus doesnt liek smacking" and crap like "smackers burn in hell"

Reply #1546 Posted: March 29, 2007, 01:53:27 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
I posted about it in the thread on beating your kids.

Reply #1547 Posted: March 29, 2007, 01:57:32 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline (BHP)Clyock

• Just settled in
Quote from: Black Heart;375011

Right here you go:
It is thought that life began when lightning hit the sea. Lightning sent energy into the water. Chemicals in the sea were mixed together by energy. New substances, called amino acids, were made from which life was able to grow.
The first living things were bacteria. They lived in the sea. Some bacteria changed into algea, which are simple plants. Algea lived in the sea in huge masses, like living blankets. They produced oxygen, which helped to turn the sky and sea blue.

The book is Incredible Earth and is printed by Parragon, Bath UK.

Reply #1548 Posted: March 29, 2007, 02:53:00 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
yea, the first 4 words suggest its not proven. it could be right, but until someone can recreate it i'll take my seawater with a pinch of salt.

Reply #1549 Posted: March 29, 2007, 03:36:49 pm