Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.

Reply #2125 Posted: April 17, 2007, 11:15:24 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: AV1611VET
"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least." Thread here

Quote from: JesusFollower
"I didn't come to Jesus by my intelligence and neither will you my friend." Thread here

Quote from: LittleLambofJesus
"What does a functioning brain have to do with the Bible?" Thread here

Big Scarey Jesus award
Quote from: shrinkermd
"There is truly nothing new under the sun- these atheist liberal dolts think they're being novel in their approach to villify Christianity? Here's a wake-up call God-Deniers- you've failed for centuries and will continue to fail right up until the point the Christ returns to paint the streets with your spilled blood." Thread here

Reply #2126 Posted: April 18, 2007, 02:51:15 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Originally Posted by shrinkermd
"There is truly nothing new under the sun- these atheist liberal dolts think they're being novel in their approach to villify Christianity? Here's a wake-up call God-Deniers- you've failed for centuries and will continue to fail right up until the point the Christ returns to paint the streets with your spilled blood."

Or as I like to say:
"Jihad jihad jihad, allah, jihad allah allah."

Seriously, thats a bit extreme. Intolerant Christian people piss me off.

Also, in referrence to the first one, I don't know how you could conclude something is wrong while knowing nothing about it. Thats just crazy. Knowledge and opinion kind of go hand in hand. Otherwise your opinion carries no weight to it. Idiot Christian people.

Seriously, the longer this thread goes on, the more and more I think I'm the only sane person in the world who believes in God. I'll be back to drinking, smoking and promiscuity before all is said and done :D

Reply #2127 Posted: April 18, 2007, 04:03:12 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;394901
I'll be back to drinking, smoking and promiscuity before all is said and done :D

gospel

Reply #2128 Posted: April 18, 2007, 05:01:25 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
I think I'm the only sane person in the world who believes in God.

Maybe you dont really believe in god then?

Reply #2129 Posted: April 18, 2007, 05:07:43 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Originally Posted by ThaFleastyler  View Post
I think I'm the only sane person in the world who believes in God.

Maybe you're insane.

Reply #2130 Posted: April 18, 2007, 05:58:13 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: KiLL3r;394988

No, I definitely do.
The problem is that I have no definitive proof that God exists, other than the difference he's made in my personal life (which none of you are in Whangarei to see) and various experiences (which would make me sound insane). Any other "proof" I have is highly subjective (as we've already covered). Theres no point in me trying to justify my belief in God; just trust me when I say that I 100% do.

Reply #2131 Posted: April 18, 2007, 06:00:23 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;395058
No, I definitely do.
The problem is that I have no definitive proof that God exists, other than the difference he's made in my personal life (which none of you are in Whangarei to see)

Why do you need god to succeed in life? What makes you think god did everything maybe it was just you doing great things all by yourself. Give yourself some credit

Reply #2132 Posted: April 18, 2007, 07:20:29 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted

Reply #2133 Posted: April 18, 2007, 08:16:40 pm

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
No, I definitely do.
The problem is that I have no definitive proof that God exists, other than the difference he's made in my personal life (which none of you are in Whangarei to see) and various experiences (which would make me sound insane). Any other "proof" I have is highly subjective (as we've already covered). Theres no point in me trying to justify my belief in God; just trust me when I say that I 100% do.

Quote from: KiLL3r;395155
Why do you need god to succeed in life? What makes you think god did everything maybe it was just you doing great things all by yourself. Give yourself some credit

give yourself some credit!
this is what your God is telling you. "You are nothing but shit without me and ill let you go to hell if you choose to use your own mind!"

thats what he is saying but in an asskiss way.

use your own mind explore all possibilities. we live in a time where knowledge is available to the layman. where as a few generations ago they had nothing but what these fucktards told them. simple?

Reply #2134 Posted: April 18, 2007, 09:34:56 pm
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: dirtyape;394824
Big Scarey Jesus award

Fundamentalist Christians break Gods Word each and every day of their existence
Seriously, the longer this thread goes on, the more and more I think I'm the only sane person in the world who believes in God

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;380971
I grow tired of this thread and the nonsensical arguments that are taking place in it. The bottom line for me is, I believe in God and I accept the thinking of science, although I don't always agree. I'm not crazy, as much as Cobra would like me to believe, nor am I a paedophile (and Cobra, if you wonder why I revoked your comments, its because they are just plain insulting - I can find the joke in most things, but calling me a crazy paedophile oversteps the line). We are never going to resolve this discussion since it has moved so far from the original point and is now flooded with people who joined on page 20 and read the last 3 posts above theirs, or on page 30 or whatever. I tried to keep an open mind, but all this thread has really done is show me that I might be the only sane person in the world who believes in God. I'm simply over it.

Quote from: KiLL3r;394988

No, I definitely do.

1. To challenge someones belief is to show respect for the person.
2. To try and change a person's belief to fit your own values and morality show's disrespect.
3. The discourse between two differing points of view creates clarity for both sides.
4. Everyone Benefits!

Fundamentalists emphasise point '2' and just ignore the other three points. Much like the Underpants Gnomes
1. Steal Underpants
2. ????
3. Profit!

Reply #2135 Posted: April 18, 2007, 09:51:36 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;395355
Fundamentalists emphasise point '2' and just ignore the other three points. Much like the Underpants Gnomes
1. Steal Underpants
2. ????
3. Profit!

I hate those fucks.

Reply #2136 Posted: April 18, 2007, 09:56:00 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted

Quote from: 'frog.;395333
give yourself some credit!
this is what your God is telling you. "You are nothing but shit without me and ill let you go to hell if you choose to use your own mind!"

thats what he is saying but in an asskiss way.

use your own mind explore all possibilities. we live in a time where knowledge is available to the layman. where as a few generations ago they had nothing but what these fucktards told them. simple?

You guys that can generalise things like this obviously have misunderstood me, misunderstood the modern day church (which, as I've tried to explain before, is different than a religion) and saddest of all, horribly misunderstood God. Most likely you've never looked into God or religion in any capacity other than a negative, anti-God way. In a way, you're more closed-minded than most religious people, because you make zero, zip, zilch effort to try and understand where they are coming from.

God didn't magically come down and fix my life, but having Him as part of it has made a huge difference to me. For a start, since I started back with my faith and heading to church more often, I'm more confident, less arrogant, and I've kicked addiction to smoking, and stopped drinking to such unhealthy levels. I've stopped smoking weed. I've found myself more motivated and energised, which in turn has helped me lose some weight (although, thats only happened recently, and I put some back on at Christmas). My relationship with my daughter is stronger than ever, and my relationship with my ex-girlfriend and her partner is more solid than it has ever been. I find it easier relating to people, and I've become someone that people can turn to and ask advice. I'm more positive in general, about life and everything. Those things are changes IN me personally, not around me. Given my experiences of God, and how I feel about things, they can't just be a coincidence.

Around me, I got a new job - but thats because I f*cked up at my last job (however I should mention that my new job is roughly 1,000,000,000 times better than my last job, not to mention that I'm earning more money). I've started a new band, playing bass guitar and singing - I started playing bass in 3rd Form, long before I started back at church, and I've always been a pretty decent singer. I've started getting my writing published, particularly writing about music which I'm passionate about, but that seed was planted in me long before I started back at church. Again, combined with what I've experienced of God and how I feel, these can't just be coincidences.

We all have our sources - some people put everything down to themselves, or down to luck; I put alot of things in my life down to the favour and blessing of God. I've never said that my choice is right for everybody, only that it is right for me. I don't have all my sh*t together, but I think I've found the answer based on the evidence presented to me, both physical and intellectual evidence (which I can touch and see), and spiritual evidence (that I can feel). But I don't contend to be 100% correct. In fact, as someone pointed out, we may never find out the truth about God until we die and either meet our maker, or slip into blackness and simply cease to be.

I'm not a person to say "I don't need evidence to tell me *insert scientific view here* is wrong". I look at the evidence supporting particular things and form an opinion based on that (else I form uninformed opinions that should be ignored). For example, evolution seems to have some truth to it, so surely it must fit somehow, but it doesn't mean I think God doesn't exist. What makes you so sure God didn't think up evolution Himself? To say that I give myself no credit, and that I don't use my mind, or implying that I'm some kind of God-driven puppet - well, frankly thats just plain insulting.

As I've said before, I know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that God exists. But I can't describe why or how I know in any way that makes me sound normal unless you've experienced it yourself. But believe me, I am the sanest, most logical, most normal person I know.

Sorry for the long post.

Reply #2137 Posted: April 18, 2007, 11:00:38 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;395434
Most likely you've never looked into God or religion in any capacity other than a negative, anti-God way. In a way, you're more closed-minded than most religious people, because you make zero, zip, zilch effort to try and understand where they are coming from.

actually i went to a catholic school. i had religous ed everyday so i think im over qualified

Reply #2138 Posted: April 18, 2007, 11:04:59 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: KiLL3r;395440
actually i went to a catholic school. i had religous ed everyday so i think im over qualified

No offence, but religious education at a Catholic school isn't exactly the best education on God that money can buy. I went to a Catholic primary school and a Catholic high school until 5th Form (year 11 for you young'ns), did Religious Education everyday. Ended up getting "politely suspended" from high school, then slipped into drugs and alcohol, and eventually promiscuity. That lifestyle is a f*cking hole and you could never convince me its not. And now look at me.

Reply #2139 Posted: April 18, 2007, 11:07:45 pm

Offline krasher

• Addicted
  • krasher has no influence.
You guys that can generalise things like this obviously have misunderstood me, misunderstood the modern day church (which, as I've tried to explain before, is different than a religion) and saddest of all, horribly misunderstood God. Most likely you've never looked into God or religion in any capacity other than a negative, anti-God way. In a way, you're more closed-minded than most religious people, because you make zero, zip, zilch effort to try and understand where they are coming from.....

....As I've said before, I know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that God exists. But I can't describe why or how I know in any way that makes me sound normal unless you've experienced it yourself. But believe me, I am the sanest, most logical, most normal person I know.
Sorry for the long post.

I know what you mean and I agree completely. Sorry for the edit...it was long.

Lol. I went to a catholic school for a year. Worst year of education in my life - let alone the RE. And no you are not qualified to talk about religeon if that means stating what is without any regard for other peoples experiences. Not saying you do...but there is a lot of that flying around in here.

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;395444
No offence, but religious education at a Catholic school isn't exactly the best education on God that money can buy. I went to a Catholic primary school and a Catholic high school until 5th Form (year 11 for you young'ns), did Religious Education everyday. Ended up getting "politely suspended" from high school, then slipped into drugs and alcohol, and eventually promiscuity. That lifestyle is a f*cking hole and you could never convince me its not. And now look at me.

Exactly. What school?

Reply #2140 Posted: April 18, 2007, 11:19:55 pm
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
i went to a religious school

some good messages in religion

i just choose to believe what i believe

each to their own

Reply #2141 Posted: April 18, 2007, 11:21:44 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.

I'm not surprised. It seems that everyone who has a chip on their shoulder about religion had some major experience of it as they grew up.

Reply #2142 Posted: April 18, 2007, 11:28:05 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted

Reply #2143 Posted: April 18, 2007, 11:34:57 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: krasher;395460
Exactly. What school?

I went to St Marys School, in Ramelton, Republic of Ireland, from 1987 to 1990.
Went to St Josephs School, Whangarei, from 1991 to 1993.
Went to Pompallier College, Whangarei, from 1994 to 1996.

Reply #2144 Posted: April 19, 2007, 12:03:29 am

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
HE IRISH!

ur drinking would have been natural then:D

Reply #2145 Posted: April 19, 2007, 12:05:45 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.

Reply #2146 Posted: April 19, 2007, 12:07:06 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
You guys that can generalise things like this obviously have misunderstood me, misunderstood the modern day church (which, as I've tried to explain before, is different than a religion) and saddest of all, horribly misunderstood God. Most likely you've never looked into God or religion in any capacity other than a negative, anti-God way. In a way, you're more closed-minded than most religious people, because you make zero, zip, zilch effort to try and understand where they are coming from.

God didn't magically come down and fix my life, but having Him as part of it has made a huge difference to me. For a start, since I started back with my faith and heading to church more often, I'm more confident, less arrogant, and I've kicked addiction to smoking, and stopped drinking to such unhealthy levels. I've stopped smoking weed. I've found myself more motivated and energised, which in turn has helped me lose some weight (although, thats only happened recently, and I put some back on at Christmas). My relationship with my daughter is stronger than ever, and my relationship with my ex-girlfriend and her partner is more solid than it has ever been. I find it easier relating to people, and I've become someone that people can turn to and ask advice. I'm more positive in general, about life and everything. Those things are changes IN me personally, not around me. Given my experiences of God, and how I feel about things, they can't just be a coincidence.

Around me, I got a new job - but thats because I f*cked up at my last job (however I should mention that my new job is roughly 1,000,000,000 times better than my last job, not to mention that I'm earning more money). I've started a new band, playing bass guitar and singing - I started playing bass in 3rd Form, long before I started back at church, and I've always been a pretty decent singer. I've started getting my writing published, particularly writing about music which I'm passionate about, but that seed was planted in me long before I started back at church. Again, combined with what I've experienced of God and how I feel, these can't just be coincidences.

We all have our sources - some people put everything down to themselves, or down to luck; I put alot of things in my life down to the favour and blessing of God. I've never said that my choice is right for everybody, only that it is right for me. I don't have all my sh*t together, but I think I've found the answer based on the evidence presented to me, both physical and intellectual evidence (which I can touch and see), and spiritual evidence (that I can feel). But I don't contend to be 100% correct. In fact, as someone pointed out, we may never find out the truth about God until we die and either meet our maker, or slip into blackness and simply cease to be.

I'm not a person to say "I don't need evidence to tell me *insert scientific view here* is wrong". I look at the evidence supporting particular things and form an opinion based on that (else I form uninformed opinions that should be ignored). For example, evolution seems to have some truth to it, so surely it must fit somehow, but it doesn't mean I think God doesn't exist. What makes you so sure God didn't think up evolution Himself? To say that I give myself no credit, and that I don't use my mind, or implying that I'm some kind of God-driven puppet - well, frankly thats just plain insulting.

As I've said before, I know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that God exists. But I can't describe why or how I know in any way that makes me sound normal unless you've experienced it yourself. But believe me, I am the sanest, most logical, most normal person I know.

Sorry for the long post.
i was a born again christain in a "modern day church" for 6 years played lead guitar, bass guitar, sung, wrote songs and taught childrens church. prayed, tithed, gave everything that was me to him. his every thought was in me controlling me and it was fine. without him there was nothing.
YAY for me right?

how can you be sane surrounded by an insane world?

closedminded? you gave yourself 2 worlds to choose from, so you did.

the modern day church is the same as the church of old. they just wrap it up in different wrapping and chuck in a few lollies.

Reply #2147 Posted: April 19, 2007, 01:10:27 am
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline GoatSlayer

• Devoted Member
  • GoatSlayer has no influence.
God is not religion, but a spiritual bond. I dont have any problems with having a spiritual relationship with god but I would never give my time, my soul or my money to any form of church.

Reply #2148 Posted: April 19, 2007, 06:39:42 am

Q: What is a gentleman?
A: A man who can play the accordion, but doesn\'t.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: 'frog.;395541
the modern day church is the same as the church of old. they just wrap it up in different wrapping and chuck in a few lollies.

Hardly!

The message is different and the method's are different. Its not a different wrapper, its just more lollies.

Dont believe me? Gay Priests for Anglicans and Presbyterians anyone?

No longer a heresy for women to wear mens clothing?

Reply #2149 Posted: April 19, 2007, 08:14:26 am
I am now banned from GetSome