Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: TofuEater;413927
There are plenty of cases of homosexuals hitting on straights - even after they've been told to fuck off. Phillip Sturm springs to mind. That said, what occurs between CONSENTING adults is between them - it's no one elses business.

still not forced to have sex with them - do you feel its rude not to have sex with someone after they have hit on you?

Reply #2625 Posted: May 08, 2007, 01:44:26 am

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Fragin';415093
That was a joke. HARDEN THE FUCK UP!!

oh, ok - thats cool, its not like i have feelings or anything - just a toy for you to throw away in your cruel games....

Lazza some of the things you are complaining about are a bit weak

"headache-inducing repetition"

"what you are - prejudiced"

but i agree with you on this one - if anyone said shit like this to me its all on

Fragin - learn where the line is and dont cross it, and i think it's before comments like this

"Oh dear someone needs a hug."

Reply #2626 Posted: May 08, 2007, 01:51:49 am

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: cobra;415182
"Oh dear someone needs a hug."

Just cause you didn't get a hug. :heheh:

Reply #2627 Posted: May 08, 2007, 07:29:56 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: cobra;415174
still not forced to have sex with them

So you're saying Phillip Sturm never forced anyone to have sex? You must know something that the police and two juries don't - quick, do a Joe Karam and go on a crusade.

Reply #2628 Posted: May 08, 2007, 07:32:59 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: TofuEater;415225
So you're saying Phillip Sturm never forced anyone to have sex? You must know something that the police and two juries don't - quick, do a Joe Karam and go on a crusade.

Yeah, because straight people never rape straight people. Were I to be wild and daring and hazard a guess, I'd say that rape and sexual assault amongst the gay community would be lower, on average, than in the community at large.

Reply #2629 Posted: May 08, 2007, 07:34:46 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.

Reply #2630 Posted: May 08, 2007, 07:36:08 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: cobra;412534
lol - do you have an online rhetoric generator?

Quote from: Zarkov;412778
He does,

It generates enough rhetoric to power a city the size of Auckland.

Quote from: private_hell;414914
why dont you write a book - call it a philosopher on a low carb diet :D

Yeah! Arnifix could borrow Tofueaters rhetoric generator to help pad it out.
Quote from: Lazza;414999
A parting word...

"Equally important is the rule against personalizing an argument. Personal attack has become so common in our time, especially in politics, that it has an official title – “The politics of personal destruction”. When your own case is weak, you go after the opponent – impugning his character and the “purity” of his motives or intentions. This diverts attention away from the lack of substance in your case."

From "The Vanishing Art of Arguing", by Woody Zimmerman.

Ad hominem?

Edit: I just happened to find the meanest post that I wrote in this thread!

http://forums.iconzarena.co.nz/showpost.php?p=401959&postcount=1583

Ad hominem attack due to ad hominem attack? Lex Talionis?

Reply #2631 Posted: May 08, 2007, 08:15:32 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Arnifix

Quote from: Tiwaking!;415256
Yeah! Arnifix could borrow Tofueaters rhetoric generator to help pad it out.

Wouldn't need to, it's low carb. Full of shit as it is.

Reply #2632 Posted: May 08, 2007, 08:17:30 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.

No it was a troll, like so many of your posts. You are a self-declared troll - don't try and hide behind the old "it was a joke" bs when you're found out.

Reply #2633 Posted: May 08, 2007, 08:37:23 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline GoatSlayer

• Devoted Member
  • GoatSlayer has no influence.
i still want to know who has won in the epic battle of religion vs science.

Reply #2634 Posted: May 08, 2007, 08:41:12 am

Q: What is a gentleman?
A: A man who can play the accordion, but doesn\'t.

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: GoatSlayer;415271

Clearly religion. Can't you tell?
/sarcasm

Seriously, a couple of funny links which have probably already been posted 6 times each:
Intelligent Design Network: http://www.intelligentdesignnetwork.org/
and its Response: http://www.venganza.org/

Reply #2635 Posted: May 08, 2007, 09:06:39 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: GoatSlayer;415271

I think ThaFleastlyer has won actually. He's managed to weather this whole thread without changing opinion or resorting to fundamentalist rhetoric, unlike some of the other crazies around here

p.s: The 'crazies' comment was aimed at both sides

Reply #2636 Posted: May 08, 2007, 09:14:05 am

Offline Lazza

• Devoted Member
  • Lazza has no influence.

One thing i've noticed is that when people start to get owned they either just disappear into the ether or they look for "personal abuse" - normally quoting the forum guidelines for good measure.

I know that bum secks comment was hard to deal with. Such a stinging attack uh huh. You feel hurt and confused that someone would attack you so :violin: Here's a cunning plan - hit the "report bad post" button on that post and the full weight of the law will come crashing down on me! Then you can jump and dance with glee on my grave! Mwahahaha make the nasssssty man go away.....

So you are accused of personal abuse often, why am I not surprised.

The only reason I mentioned your propensity for abuse is because it is given either in place of an argument, or to denigrate my character. Far from being "hurtful" I find it infantile at best.

You claim to champion the cause of the victimised yet you yourself don't hesitate to indulge in the same behavior yourself, even so far as pisstaking with your sig.

Water seeks it's own level, you're simply a self-important hypocrit.

Reply #2637 Posted: May 08, 2007, 09:20:05 am
Werner Erhard (Dressage Commentator) - "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

Goatfodda - "If you artillery another flag where I\'m at alone I\'ll come kill you myself."

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
In all the toe to toe battles i've had on these forums i haven't once been reprimanded for personal abuse or anything else. Your accusations are more to do with the weakness of your position than anything that i have done.

I find the argument that gays are being intellectually dishonest in their use of the word 'phobia' and that this somehow casts dispersions on their characters to be absolutely abhorrent when you consider the history of violence and discrimination that homosexuality has had in our society.

This to me is worth pointing out.

I tell it like it is - then the crying starts.

Ii hate the fucking queers, they can all die of aids for all i care. And the gay media companys trying to promote this shit on shows like, gay eye for the straight guy, and then you get even worse freaks on thats model search show where u get them in full blown drag. not to mention that westpac ad with the two fuckers talking about their gay statue ,makes me wanna run out and beat the first guy who talks to me in his pansy gay voice.

Personally I'm against homosexuality. I have dozens of reasons why. But there is no medically recognised disorder known as "homophobia" and the use of the word deliberately attempts to falsely claim scientific support (as in other real phobias).

So how did this misconception arise? Well the queer community chose this definition for those who oppose them to turn the tables, and suggest it is in fact their opposers who are not normal. And in my view this is a sad indictment of the character of those who perpetuate the myth of "homophobia".

The second quote is subtle, it's insidious, but it's the same.

Tofu, you of all people have no business accusing anyone of trolling.

Reply #2638 Posted: May 08, 2007, 12:57:43 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Quote from: Tiwaking!;415280
I think ThaFleastlyer has won actually. He's managed to weather this whole thread without changing opinion or resorting to fundamentalist rhetoric, unlike some of the other crazies around here

nah Ape won hands down although i reckon i scored big-time with that chimpanze using tools thing. you shoulda seen me i tackled hard dumped him on his arse he spilled the ball then i picked it up and ran nearly 80 meters, it passed through several sets of hands then i got the final pass back chipped over the top and scored under the posts. yeah it was at least 80.

Reply #2639 Posted: May 08, 2007, 01:00:03 pm
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: TofuEater;415225

can't teach reading comprehension, sorry

I am pretty sure everyone here is against rape

why the discussion about semantics - so homophobia isn't a phobia - But has a common meaning of irrational hatred towards homosexuals, if you get called homophobia people don't mean you start crying and panic when you see one, means you're a hater

Reply #2640 Posted: May 08, 2007, 01:29:41 pm

Offline Lazza

• Devoted Member
  • Lazza has no influence.
Quote from: Fragin';415447
In all the toe to toe battles i've had on these forums i haven't once been reprimanded for personal abuse or anything else.

I guess that explains your confrontational tone and abusive comments. To me it's a discussion, to you it's a "toe to toe". You're wrong anyway, I'm not the only one who percieves your tone as abusive, scroll back a few posts, you've missed some.

I tell it like it is - then the crying starts.

Lol you suggest I'm a voyeur, say I've got no balls, insinuate I'm crying, too stupid to respond to, need a hug, the list goes on, and on.

And now you attempt to take the moral high ground, LMAO.

Reply #2641 Posted: May 08, 2007, 02:41:07 pm
Werner Erhard (Dressage Commentator) - "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

Goatfodda - "If you artillery another flag where I\'m at alone I\'ll come kill you myself."

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted

I'm flattered truly I am.

However I regret to inform you all that based on this thread (and this thread alone), I have decided to abandon my faith and turn back to the "dark side". Life is too short to live well, so I want to try and destroy myself with drugs and alcohol again. I think this is because I have been listening to more emo music lately.

Also, Richard Dawkins book "The God Delusion" really spoke to me - I saw it at Whitcoulls and it said "Buy me! Buy me! Abandon God! Buy me!" so I couldn't resist and ended up buying the new Rolling Stone mag with AC/DC on the cover.

:D

(Incase you hadn't guessed, I was joking. My faith isn't that weak)

Reply #2642 Posted: May 08, 2007, 02:51:27 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Quote from: Lazza;415544
I guess that explains your confrontational tone and abusive comments. To me it's a discussion, to you it's a "toe to toe". You're wrong anyway, I'm not the only one who percieves your tone as abusive, scroll back a few posts, you've missed some.

Lol you suggest I'm a voyeur, say I've got no balls, insinuate I'm crying, too stupid to respond to, need a hug, the list goes on, and on.

And now you attempt to take the moral high ground, LMAO.

we'll leave it at that.

Reply #2643 Posted: May 08, 2007, 02:55:59 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted

yeah fleastyler's done well although i reckon i scored big-time with that chimpanzee using tools thing. you shoulda seen me i tackled hard dumped him on his arse he spilled the ball then i picked it up and ran nearly 80 meters, it passed through several sets of hands then i got the final pass back chipped over the top and scored under the posts. yeah it was at least 80.

Reply #2644 Posted: May 08, 2007, 02:57:44 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;415559
I'm flattered truly I am.

However I regret to inform you all that based on this thread (and this thread alone), I have decided to abandon my faith and turn back to the "dark side". Life is too short to live well, so I want to try and destroy myself with drugs and alcohol again. I think this is because I have been listening to more emo music lately.

Also, Richard Dawkins book "The God Delusion" really spoke to me - I saw it at Whitcoulls and it said "Buy me! Buy me! Abandon God! Buy me!" so I couldn't resist and ended up buying the new Rolling Stone mag with AC/DC on the cover.

:D

(Incase you hadn't guessed, I was joking. My faith isn't that weak)

the choice isn't god or self destruction

your faith isn't too strong if you are scared to read "the god delusion"

Reply #2645 Posted: May 08, 2007, 03:40:05 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
christianity can't win, it has too many enemies.
Satan
Antichrist
satanists
muslims
aetheists
agnostics
dinosaurs
geologists
astronomists
evolutionists

The only place they have any power to instill their views is america. americas armed forces are failing, and so is its economy. Either america will change or it will lose its power & influence on the world.

Reply #2646 Posted: May 08, 2007, 03:44:29 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;415629
the choice isn't god or self destruction

your faith isn't too strong if you are scared to read "the god delusion"

Theres a difference between "scared" and "wanted the new Rolling Stone more" :D

Reply #2647 Posted: May 08, 2007, 03:45:46 pm

Offline Arnifix

Rolling Stone mag with AC/DC on the cover.

A rolling stone mag with AC/DC on the cover? Now that IS a test of faith!

Reply #2648 Posted: May 08, 2007, 03:48:04 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

In all the toe to toe battles i've had on these forums i haven't once been reprimanded for personal abuse or anything else

Sorry to sidetrack you here, but there was a fight earlier in this thread, something about "Faith and Science using Faith". I didnt get involved because I was busy with other stuff. Can anyone pull out the quote for me, because I was meant to answer it but it got buried so long ago now and I cant find it. I think it was Brendan Chipp or something.
Quote from: cobra;415475
I am pretty sure everyone here is against rape

Also, Richard Dawkins book "The God Delusion" really spoke to me

"The God Delusion" is more of a 'Atheist and Scientific' standpoint book more than a 'KKnD religion!!' book. "Breaking the spell" is that kind of thing.
Quote from: Black Heart;415635
christianity can't win, it has too many enemies.
Satan
Antichrist
satanists
muslims
aetheists
agnostics
dinosaurs
geologists
astronomists
evolutionists

You forgot one of Christianitys biggest enemies
CHRISTIANS
[video]YIVJuIsi_Ks[/video]
Five Christians vs Brett Keane(an Atheist)
I dont actually like Brett Keane, but I found this audio thing to be quite amusing

Reply #2649 Posted: May 08, 2007, 10:08:43 pm