Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Grr you stole my sucker punch. :D

Reply #2650 Posted: May 08, 2007, 10:39:41 pm

Offline Lazza

• Devoted Member
  • Lazza has no influence.
Quote from: Fragin';415568
we'll leave it at that.

Now we're agreeing. But one little detail, next time you attempt an escape such as this...

Quote from: Fragin';414739
I wasn't expecting you to give answers dude..... They were rhetorical questions - look it up. :asian:

... a sample of those "rhetorical" questions...

Quote from: Fragin';414739
Do you think that chicken eaters/homosexuals getting discriminated against, beaten up, murdered or otherwise persecuted is a myth?

Make sure you've looked it up yourself because "A question mark is not used when asking a rhetorical question, like Isn't that ironic! A rhetorical question is a statement in question form, but it isn't meant to actually inquire about anything or be answered by someone."

So now you know, and in future when you're unable to respond to the answers provided to your questions, your "bwahaha they were rhetorical questions" quip will be seen for the farce that it was.

:asian:

Reply #2651 Posted: May 09, 2007, 12:22:57 am
Werner Erhard (Dressage Commentator) - "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

Goatfodda - "If you artillery another flag where I\'m at alone I\'ll come kill you myself."

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Lazza;416323
Make sure you've looked it up yourself because "A question mark is not used when asking a rhetorical question, like Isn't that ironic! A rhetorical question is a statement in question form, but it isn't meant to actually inquire about anything or be answered by someone."

So now you know, and in future when you're unable to respond to the answers provided to your questions, your "bwahaha they were rhetorical questions" quip will be seen for the farce that it was.

:asian:

Or perhaps he didn't know that relatively obscure grammatical quirk of the English language. I certainly didn't.

By the way, did you ever actually give any logical explanations as to why homosexuals are evil and terrible and make you sad in the pants?

Reply #2652 Posted: May 09, 2007, 08:00:44 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline GoatSlayer

• Devoted Member
  • GoatSlayer has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;415559
I'm flattered truly I am.

However I regret to inform you all that based on this thread (and this thread alone), I have decided to abandon my faith and turn back to the "dark side". Life is too short to live well, so I want to try and destroy myself with drugs and alcohol again. I think this is because I have been listening to more emo music lately.

(Incase you hadn't guessed, I was joking. My faith isn't that weak)

If you enjoy drinking and smoking, why stop? I see no reason why anybody couldnt live a morally just life while having the odd beer and joint.

Reply #2653 Posted: May 09, 2007, 08:14:05 am

Q: What is a gentleman?
A: A man who can play the accordion, but doesn\'t.

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: GoatSlayer;416427
If you enjoy drinking and smoking, why stop? I see no reason why anybody couldnt live a morally just life while having the odd beer and joint.

Neither do I. Again, I was talking in terms of unhealthy levels of intake :)
Friday night for example - my beloved Chiefs beat the Crusaders, while I was at a local bar here with workmates. How could I not have a few beers to celebrate?!

Quote from: Arnifix
A rolling stone mag with AC/DC on the cover? Now that IS a test of faith!

Tell me about it! Its actually a really good issue of Rolling Stone - 35th anniversary edition, so its filled to the brim with past stories on heaps of successful Aussie bands, like the AC/DC story was written in 1976 and so on. Plus it has a massive picture of Kylie, when she was hot hot HOT!

(Although, the fact that every major article was written years ago makes them kind of lazy)

Reply #2654 Posted: May 09, 2007, 09:01:51 am

Offline GoatSlayer

• Devoted Member
  • GoatSlayer has no influence.
Well, its good to know that you can exert a level of willpower that ive only read about on WoW forums. (used to play, but then i quit. read: my credit card stopped letting me pay for things)

Reply #2655 Posted: May 09, 2007, 09:03:59 am

Q: What is a gentleman?
A: A man who can play the accordion, but doesn\'t.

Offline Lazza

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Arnifix;416416
Or perhaps he didn't know that relatively obscure grammatical quirk of the English language. I certainly didn't.

I only mention it as he suggested I look it up, with the implication it was me who didn't know and needed educated. At one stage an upside down question mark was used on rhetorical questions, but that was dropped. Another thing is that it's perfectly fine to ask answer a rhetorical question anyway. What makes it rhetorical is that you didn't "intend" the question to be answered, that doesn't mean it can't be answered.

e.g.
Poster A "What are you, a grammar nazi!"
Poster B "Do fish swim!"

So it's even possible to answer a rhetorical question with a rhetorical question.

Quote from: Arnifix;416416
By the way, did you ever actually give any logical explanations as to why homosexuals are evil and terrible and make you sad in the pants?

Sorry, you've got the wrong poster there????

Reply #2656 Posted: May 09, 2007, 10:06:21 am
Werner Erhard (Dressage Commentator) - "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

Goatfodda - "If you artillery another flag where I\'m at alone I\'ll come kill you myself."

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
This will be the first thread in the world to reach 100 pages.

Reply #2657 Posted: May 09, 2007, 10:12:36 am

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: BerG;416525
This will be the first thread in the world to reach 100 pages.

esp. when there's a grammar nazi around.

wiki- "A rhetorical question typically ends in a question mark (?), but occasionally may end with an exclamation mark (!) or even a period (.) according to some writing style guides"

NOBODY CARES. MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

Reply #2658 Posted: May 09, 2007, 10:34:00 am
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline Lazza

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Fragin';416538
esp. when there's a grammar nazi around.

wiki- "A rhetorical question typically ends in a question mark (?), but occasionally may end with an exclamation mark (!) or even a period (.) according to some writing style guides"

NOBODY CARES. MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

Err, YOU CARED when you tried to correct me on it.
Personally I don't think it's that important, it's you who raised the matter, not me.
If nobody cares then why did you bother?
You're very inconsistent.

Reply #2659 Posted: May 09, 2007, 11:27:46 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
lol
Fragin - Is this a rhetorical question
Lazza - Is this an answer

* All punctuation marks removed intentionally

Reply #2660 Posted: May 09, 2007, 11:47:28 am

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
I'm thinking that you want the last word really bad. So go on it's yours. Call me a cunt, whatever you want. I won't respond. gogogo

Reply #2661 Posted: May 09, 2007, 11:48:09 am
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Fragin';416622
I'm thinking that you want the last word really bad. So go on it's yours. Call me a cunt, whatever you want. I won't respond. gogogo

LOL, you can't resist. :rnr:

Reply #2662 Posted: May 09, 2007, 12:18:15 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Quote from: TofuEater;416675
LOL, you can't resist. :rnr:

yeah but it's a classic :rnr:

Reply #2663 Posted: May 09, 2007, 12:46:09 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
I sense a disturbance in the force.

Reply #2664 Posted: May 09, 2007, 12:51:31 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
i know a guy who changed his official name to Obi-Wan Kenobi. :rnr:

Reply #2665 Posted: May 09, 2007, 12:57:47 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
I know a girl who changed her official name to Jennifer.

Reply #2666 Posted: May 09, 2007, 01:00:17 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
I had a friend who came out of the closet - told his mom who told him not to tell his christian dad as his dad couldn't handle it and disown him

I am going out will a ginger chick, I know that my nonchristian scientist parents dont approve of me being a chromasexual but they have accepted it

why does jesus teach people to be haters? why would jesus want to break up family's

Reply #2667 Posted: May 09, 2007, 02:38:26 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;416847
I had a friend who came out of the closet - told his mom who told him not to tell his christian dad as his dad couldn't handle it and disown him

I am going out will a ginger chick, I know that my nonchristian scientist parents dont approve of me being a chromasexual but they have accepted it

why does jesus teach people to be haters? why would jesus want to break up family's

You've totally missed the point.
Jesus doesn't disown people; people disown people.

Christian people are as guilty of misunderstanding, and thus misrepresenting, Biblical principles as non-Christian people are.

Reply #2668 Posted: May 09, 2007, 02:54:48 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
if god had a computer would it be a apple, pc, or a custom made god edition?

Reply #2669 Posted: May 09, 2007, 03:05:04 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: relworG;416873
if god had a computer would it be a apple, pc, or a custom made god edition?

Probably a custom-made God edition, that He designed and built from scratch. As far as I know, Apple and the major PC manufacturers don't have stores in heaven, and couriers generally don't deliver there (ruling out the possibility of building a PC from ordered parts).

He knows a fair bit, being that He designed the most complicated system in the world (the brain).

Edit: the real question is: would he use Vista, or stick with XP Pro for compatability reasons? :D

Edit 2: which raises another question: did Bill gates use Vista, then realise it was a heap of shit, then roll back to XP Pro? :D

Reply #2670 Posted: May 09, 2007, 03:33:29 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
hed so use OSX!

lol do you think hed install GOD hax in the games he plays?

Reply #2671 Posted: May 09, 2007, 04:07:46 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
well naturally he'd play with God mode on. what do you suppose the ping in heaven is like?

Reply #2672 Posted: May 09, 2007, 04:31:13 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;416907

He knows a fair bit, being that He designed the most complicated system in the world (the brain).

or did he? if he "supposedly" created us in his image, then wouldnt whoever created god have created the brain?

Reply #2673 Posted: May 09, 2007, 04:35:18 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: KiLL3r;416982
or did he? if he "supposedly" created us in his image, then wouldnt whoever created god have created the brain?

Tom-ay-toes, Tom-ah-toes.
I'm more intrigued by this heavenly ping idea.

Reply #2674 Posted: May 09, 2007, 04:47:47 pm