Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.
Man why do people hate abortions so much...

If people didn't get them then imagine the stress they would have to go through attempting to raise a child balance school and possibly a job if they can't get family support.

All though they should have known about other methods of birth control that is irrelevant to the situation.

Anyway is this new theory that we aren't the first universe going to replace the current big bang theory?

Reply #2975 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:11:46 pm

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;472632
Wheres the start of a circle?

the mind boggles!

Reply #2976 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:13:50 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Reply #2977 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:13:56 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Tactical2;472603
sorry to burst your bubble but there is only 1 religion which introduced an after life - christianity and not all religions have a moral code to follow - and most religions do not have a punishment

The following religions have an afterlife mentioned in thier text.

Christianity
Egyptian
Greek
Jewish
Norse
Zoroastrian

Then there are the one I know nothing about and the long forgotten religions that have been wiped out over the millenia, you and I don't even know what they are so how can you say only christianity has an afterlife?
That is totally and utterly %100 wrong.

I just picked an old civilisation off the top of my head, the aztecs whos religion i knew nothing about and look...

"The Aztec idea of the afterlife for fallen warriors and women who died in childbirth was that their souls would be transformed into hummingbirds that would follow the sun on its journey through the sky. Souls of people who died from less glorious causes would go to Mictlan - place of the dead."

Whos feeding you this shit tactical?

Reply #2978 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:14:08 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Quote from: KiLL3r;472640
last i checked santa never killed  entire cultures & civilisations

You need to read up on Santa a bit more then.. :P

Reply #2979 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:14:43 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
What hacks me off is that Christians who try to tell me that their religion is the only religion.

Who do i believe in ?

Fucking John Saffron. That's who.

Reply #2980 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:16:48 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: INmOTION;472656

who is he? what miracles has he performed

Reply #2981 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:17:45 pm

Offline Mr_St1nky

• Addicted
  • Mr_St1nky has no influence.
The one that gets me giggling is when you put it to any religious person bar Buddhists because their religion is different in practice, that religion was started due to people in old times unable to conceive that natural events, weather etc aren't the work of some deity.

Don't believe me?
How come that before the advent of one God, there was a god for every aspect of life that couldn't be explained in those times without the use of the word God?

lol John Saffron, the guy that goes around taking the piss out of religion.

Reply #2982 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:25:37 pm

Offline KiLL3r

im getting confused on who believes what, i think we need icons under our name stating our beliefs :D

Reply #2983 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:27:13 pm

Offline DaCollector

• Just settled in
  • DaCollector is looked down upon.
l
sounds what your doing ;)

Where? I listen or read others points but come on, some of them are just not well thought out, researched or just plain misunderstood.

Quote from: DEATH0WL;472641
Man why do people hate abortions so much...

If people didn't get them then imagine the stress they would have to go through attempting to raise a child balance school and possibly a job if they can't get family support.

All though they should have known about other methods of birth control that is irrelevant to the situation.

I would have raised every single child even by myself but i wasn't included in the equation. Oh yeah, the "councillor" asks you but your a male and the father yet still too minor a part of the picture. Fuckers.

Quote from: Bell;472630
The bible was created along time ago by a bunch of church types getting together and throwing some old writings together.
People did remember jesus just not all of them believed he was the son of god, some of them even killed him :P

Yes people at the time were outraged by this new religion infact at one point the roman empire was killing those who believed in it.
Irony was many years later they were doing the same thing to people who DIDN'T believe in christianity.

Must have been a cultural thing then eh. When in Rome, ya know ;)

Reply #2984 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:28:13 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
I Believe in pirates and that we need more of them because as statistics show pirates help stop global warming.

Here is a graph that proves it

Reply #2985 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:30:02 pm

Offline frankytanky

• Devoted Member
  • frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.frankytanky is working their way up.
Quote from: INmOTION;472656
What hacks me off is that Christians who try to tell me that their religion is the only religion.

Who do i believe in ?

haha john saffron, i had forgotten all about him. wish they would put his show back on.

Reply #2986 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:35:10 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.

right here http://forums.iconzarena.co.nz/showpost.php?p=471853&postcount=6

heheheh you cant draw up on your own post  hehe and  LOL old testament from when (Dacollector brougth up wisely) where people were tryign to communicate their ideas to the people of teh future who they knew would speak languages different to theirs.

tahts weird as hehehe.   if i had my scanner i'd post up here an artical in NS that was talkign about the radioavtivewaste we have left adn where to dump it safely.  they found this site in the desert where they could bury it and they put a sign up so that generation after generation even far~~~ into the future could see it and tey knew not to dig there.

it was weird ebcause they knew that the language might be far far different to what we speak now.  so they had to use pictures to indicate what was down below and that it is bad.

kinda like the bible SORT of but not really.  They were tryignt o communicate what was happenign for everyoen to read and get knowldge from  but because its been translated so many times the old testamanet needs for you to take a step back and think about what God is realyl saying.

New testament is always the place to start off from first.

Reply #2987 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:38:07 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Ehoa

• Just settled in
  • Ehoa has no influence.
Like anything you read, you must check the source.

science theories are checked and rechecked , and are based on past laws and theories to establish there base and conjecture ...

the bible , was originally written in hebrew, by a few people (cant remember how many exactly), the problem there is that, hebrew can not be translated to english , word for word, therefore (my opinion) , you are reading and following the interpretation of someone else's thoughts of what that translation originally meant . ..... then of course you have the different versions of bibles to really push this along..

Then comes the individuals perception , when perceptions are formed by , past personal experiences, history, what they have read, seen , heard , touched and tasted, what they have been taught, felt and hurt, right up til the moment the perceive what they are seeing, hearing etc.. this is all perception , i.e opinion ... which is neither right or wrong , as its our personal perception (opinion) from our past to that moment....

so who wants to kill some bastards in CS ??!!:heheh:

Reply #2988 Posted: July 02, 2007, 11:47:45 pm

Offline Alexo256

• Devoted Member
  • Alexo256 has no influence.
Where did god come from then?

Christians' 'God' and Science evidence and shit are both impossible to proove at this point.
But Science is more logical and smart, therefore i go science. (That and i think religion is a bunch of delusional and brain washing shit.)

Reply #2989 Posted: July 03, 2007, 12:06:42 am

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;472647
The following religions have an afterlife mentioned in thier text.

Christianity
Egyptian
Greek
Jewish
Norse
Zoroastrian

christianity deprived from judaism even judaism ( however judaism was a VERY restricted religion - thus noone liked them lol ) did not have an after life. -

eqyptians beliefed in an underworld (NOT an afterlife - simply a place where souls go)

Greeks did not have an afterlife - and greek is not a religion it involved many religions co-existing - greek code were to do what the fuck you wanted - kill pillage blah blah blah. but you must pray and sacrifice afterwards and then the gods like you. - no afterlife. just an underworld

same with roman religion - which also had multiple religions such as  stoicism they beliefed what controlled earth was a World Soul - yet again no afterlife. they believe that once you died you simply were obsorbed to be one with the world soul - then theres epicureanism which was the belief that there are gods but they didnt have anything to do with earth. but things simply happened by random chance of atoms colliding to cause random effects. - no afterlife

jews - also follow the fact of christianity but simply worship god and do not believe in jesus - as i said. still part of the picture.

Norse - Underworld decided whether you wait decades as a spirit to be released or whatever - there was no afterlife except for Heroes

**edit Budhaism (??) has a deciding after life of being reborn however compared to all other religions im not sure if buddha is a more recent religion

Reply #2990 Posted: July 03, 2007, 12:24:04 am

Offline Ehoa

• Just settled in
  • Ehoa has no influence.
Quote from: Tactical2;472720

**edit Budhaism (??) has a deciding after life of being reborn however compared to all other religions im not sure if buddha is a more recent religion

There is buddhism which is taken as a religion , and buddhism which is a way of life (not in a religious sense. Depending on the 8 precepts. Its more a state of mind , and yes , you can believe it or not , follow a religion , and also be a buddhist ( as in state of mind).
Siddhartha Gautama was born about the 6th century bc I think.
Buddha is a state or term given , when you have reached enlightenment , or nirvana... something like that anyway .. i may be wrong ( i'm a "recreational" buddhist )

Reply #2991 Posted: July 03, 2007, 12:37:12 am

Offline Ehoa

• Just settled in
  • Ehoa has no influence.
This is quite a good short concise version about the afterlife within buddhism... if you are interested of course

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/buddhism04.html

Reply #2992 Posted: July 03, 2007, 12:41:36 am

Offline nzBaron

• Devoted Member
  • nzBaron has no influence.
I love it how 99.9% of all posts are off topic. The big bounce sounds interesting. Unfortunately I got lost in sciencespeak b4 I could read it all.

I betcha that god guy is just waiting for the scientists to figure out how he created the universe. And when they do. BOOM.
"Aw fuck they are on to me, time to reset the servers".

Reply #2993 Posted: July 03, 2007, 01:17:43 am
RIP TBAG

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: KiLL3r;472657
who is he? what miracles has he performed

He's an aussie who has done a number of TV shows.

One of which is where he travels the world and becomes apart of as many different religions as he possibly can, including voodooism (word?).

The last episode is where he becomes a Christian and where he meets a freaking nut-case priest. He tells this priest of his travels and what religions he has been apart of. The priest tells John that he has a very very very bad demon inside of him and is the worst case the priest has ever seen. He then gives John an exorcism (which is fucken freaky, because every religion John tries he very subtlety takes the piss out of. The exorcism looks very real.

Its a documentary. I highly recommend it.

JOHN SAFRAN VS GOD.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Episode One, Part One.
[/COLOR]
[video]jrEI5q1Iiic[/video]

Reply #2994 Posted: July 03, 2007, 01:42:09 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: INmOTION;472753
He's an Aussie

Nuff said. JS=God. :P

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6687/loljesusbrb23f5120jf6.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Reply #2995 Posted: July 03, 2007, 01:49:37 am

Offline hoodieblanket

• Addicted
  • hoodieblanket has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;472754
Nuff said. JS=God. :P

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6687/loljesusbrb23f5120jf6.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

lol spork. fail at attempting to make quite a horrific scene into a funny

Reply #2996 Posted: July 03, 2007, 04:19:51 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: Tactical2;472793
lol spork. fail at attempting to make quite a horrific scene into a funny

You lolled. :P

Reply #2997 Posted: July 03, 2007, 04:35:09 am

Offline Mr_St1nky

• Addicted
  • Mr_St1nky has no influence.
obviously not at the pic.....I wonder......

Reply #2998 Posted: July 03, 2007, 04:36:09 am

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
how can you say an underworld where your soul goes is not an afterlife?

Reply #2999 Posted: July 03, 2007, 08:53:25 am