• Simon_NZ has no influence.
channel 1, Waco Texas.

now that shit is a cult.

Reply #3150 Posted: July 04, 2007, 09:46:10 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;474873
Frankly, I don't like the term 'hate' because its not what Christians are about - that is only what you THINK they are about.

As for those random quotes about rape, well thats just wrong isn't it (although I think adoption > abortion).

The thing is, they don't "hate woman" as you put it - no more than I hate homosexuals (I don't) or prostitutes (I don't). These people have beliefs, same as you do. I'm not arguing with you anymore because your idea of what the church is is so warped it makes no sense to me, and we can't discuss something that we don't agree on the basics of.

sure - you dont think you hate them - but you do have hateful attitudes towards them - to someone who is not in your head they look like the samething

and this hateful attitude i am talking about is trying to stop them getting the same quality of life that you enjoy

Reply #3151 Posted: July 04, 2007, 09:59:26 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
About teh raining thing...

If it wasnt God i'd have to say i was extremely lucky.  More so than a four leaved clover, rabbits foot, golden horse shoe, etc...

but it was supposed to be on the light side... yeesh.  this thread is making some of you bitter...

but seriously.  Da collector i keep seeing has teh most balanced view of everything i have seen.  I like all of your comments including collectors.  He has my respect because i look at peoples posts not at their reputation hehehe :bounce:

and English!  NO.  I. Wiol.. try and i be thinking that grammer times be other places other than internets.

I thought i had left school in 2000.  :disappoin

God helps me out in more ways than one.  I can't possibly see how Science could help me out many of the times God helped me out instead.

Especially with my business.  If things are slow. i jsut pray.  God please i need to order more stock from overseas.  I trust you are looking after us, would you be able to send us more business.  And sure enough i have overdue accoutns gettign squared off.   I have mroe hires commign though.  I mean a indian Night club just bought 12 grands worth of gear.  And they already had decent sounds.    If that wasnt God i don't know what made them decide hey.  I will pay my bill, i will buy new gears.  I will hire a massive sound system for a 21st.  

God = Win again.

Reply #3152 Posted: July 04, 2007, 10:08:22 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.
Jesus = Good guy.

Many Religious Leaders = Bad person completely against what Jesus stood for.

Unfortunately the church has become corrupt in history and still this corruption remains, all though many would say only in smaller amounts now.

Reply #3153 Posted: July 04, 2007, 10:11:00 pm

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;474896
About teh raining thing...

If it wasnt God i'd have to say i was extremely lucky.  More so than a four leaved clover, rabbits foot, golden horse shoe, etc...

but it was supposed to be on the light side... yeesh.  this thread is making some of you bitter...

but seriously.  Da collector i keep seeing has teh most balanced view of everything i have seen.  I like all of your comments including collectors.  He has my respect because i look at peoples posts not at their reputation hehehe :bounce:

and English!  NO.  I. Wiol.. try and i be thinking that grammer times be other places other than internets.

I thought i had left school in 2000.  :disappoin

God helps me out in more ways than one.  I can't possibly see how Science could help me out many of the times God helped me out instead.

Especially with my business.  If things are slow. i jsut pray.  God please i need to order more stock from overseas.  I trust you are looking after us, would you be able to send us more business.  And sure enough i have overdue accoutns gettign squared off.   I have mroe hires commign though.  I mean a indian Night club just bought 12 grands worth of gear.  And they already had decent sounds.    If that wasnt God i don't know what made them decide hey.  I will pay my bill, i will buy new gears.  I will hire a massive sound system for a 21st.  

God = Win again.

its called coincidence you idiot.

*now children if you look to your left you will see religious brainwashing in action. The victim is so severly brainwashed that he thinks any small coincidence such as a gap in the weather as a act of god*

i mean seriously dude how thick are you.
Oh wait you used hacks in BF2142 so you must be pretty stupid, where was your god when you got busted for that?

Reply #3154 Posted: July 04, 2007, 10:16:48 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: KiLL3r;474905
its called coincidence you idiot.

*now children if you look to your left you will see religious brainwashing in action. The victim is so severly brainwashed that he thinks any small coincidence such as a gap in the weather as a act of god*

i mean seriously dude how thick are you.
Oh wait you used hacks in BF2142 so you must be pretty stupid, where was your god when you got busted for that?

hahahah once again free will mang~~

and you really are taking this thread personally

Ans severely brainwashed?  i seen someone rise from the dead.  And a demon cast out.  Along with other miracles.  I wouldn't say brain washed so quickly :bounce:

And god had nothign to do with games.  How silly can you be?  Do you really think games are so important to me that i'd even spare a prayer for that?  I cheated for some fuct reason lookign abck i dont even knwo wtf i was doing.  But its just a game.  I din't think about the people while i was doing it though ....  Sure some of you guys are still sour over it but this is the offtopic thread after all isnt it :D

Take it easy buddy.  You really ARE taking this thread way to personally.  You're on your own religion of not believing :bounce:   And im not forcing you to read my posts.  You can skip them.  Are you that offended by people with faith?

Don't worry Kill3r.  God still loves you :)

Reply #3155 Posted: July 04, 2007, 10:28:05 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;474873
Frankly, I don't like the term 'hate' because its not what Christians are about - that is only what you THINK they are about.

As for those random quotes about rape, well thats just wrong isn't it (although I think adoption > abortion).

The thing is, they don't "hate woman" as you put it - no more than I hate homosexuals (I don't) or prostitutes (I don't). These people have beliefs, same as you do. I'm not arguing with you anymore because your idea of what the church is is so warped it makes no sense to me, and we can't discuss something that we don't agree on the basics of.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Homosexual

Homosexuality is an immoral sexual lifestyle between members of the same sex. It is more than simply a sexual act, it is going beyond the boundaries that God has setup for marriage; one man and one woman.

Sexual relations between the same sex is condemned in both Old and New Testaments. It is forbidden directly four times in the Bible.

* Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
    * Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
    * 1 Corinthians 6:9 - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
    * Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

seems like the "christian encyclopedia" doesnt approve

quite a good site for a laugh.

according to them the kangaroo is a direct descendant of the one on noahs ark

this site is much better

http://www.rationalwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Reply #3156 Posted: July 04, 2007, 10:44:32 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
The church, and the Bible, doesn't support same sex couples and same sex sex. However, that is different than people who attend those churches HATING homosexuals - alot different.

Lets say for example, you might go out on the weekends and get drunk and start getting violent, getting into fights and stuff - now, I don't agree with violence and think its wrong - but that doesn't mean I hate you for doing it, I just disagree with THAT aspect of who you are.

I've got friends and have had past friends who are gay - they would gladly tell you that I didn't condemn them for their lifestyles - in fact it rarely, if ever, came up at all.

This is what I've been trying to say - disagreeing with an aspect of someones lifestyle doesn't mean the same as hating someone or wanting to deny them rights. Christians who protested against the Civil Unions Bill were protesting only against the bill, not against homosexuals.

Reply #3157 Posted: July 04, 2007, 10:50:33 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
I don't have a problem with mainstream religion, I don't think it is correct but I also don't believe that it perpetuates hate within local communities. One of my close friends from school is a devout Christian and him and his family are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

The only real problem I have is introducing children to religious teachings at a young age, I think religious education should wait till they are older so they can make decisions for themselves, because lets face it, as a child David hurling a rock into the giant Goliath head is far more interesting than sulphide oxidation.

The next problem is religion, in all shapes and forms that moves away from the mainstream, where teachings are distorted and warped. You only need to look at the middle east and cults like the Branch Davidians to see the problem.

I think you are seriously mistaken if you think that Fleastyler belives the world is flat or the rules of physics don't apply. While I disagree with his faith and belief is it appears to be irrational to me, it may be perfectly rational to him. And trying to strip someone of those beliefs will ultimately fail, leave the guy alone - I'm sure he is a great dude, enjoys drinking beer, eating pizza and watching the game on the weekend like everyone else so why do his beliefs matter? Grow up Kill3r you crusade is getting tired, If I wanted to I could easily dig up horrors that have been committed in the name of science.

Reply #3158 Posted: July 04, 2007, 10:51:34 pm

Offline Into The Void

• Devoted Member
  • Into The Void has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;474936
Christians who protested against the Civil Unions Bill were protesting only against the bill, not against homosexuals.

Bullshit. Thats what they want you to think. I know, deep down inside they despise them.

Christians are bigots.

Reply #3159 Posted: July 04, 2007, 10:58:31 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
Quote from: Into The Void;474950

Christians are bigots.

Pot, Kettle.

Reply #3160 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:00:37 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: Simon_NZ;474938
dig up horrors that have been committed in the name of science.

You knwo the RCD's you have in yoru house to help protect you from electric shock?  You knwo where they got the 30mA in 30ms from?

From the germans shocking Prisoners of war!  

ah good ol' science!  Making our homes safer all aroudn teh world!

Reply #3161 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:01:23 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Simon_NZ;474938
I'm sure he is a great dude, enjoys drinking beer, eating pizza and watching the game on the weekend like everyone else so why do his beliefs matter?

because he is anti science - sure he doesn't believe the world is flat but he promotes the modern equivalent - (his views on evolution and the big bang) - my main problem is someone posted an interesing link to a man who is trying to find out about the universe - since this threatens his world view - he posted an uneducated reply (uneducated as he doesn't know the knowledge that maths has given us)

I agree that individual christians can be lovely people - but its the groups that cause the harm - moderate christians (or moderate followers of any religion) clear the way for the extremists that post the hate speech, try and stop stem cell research, stop woman having free access to abortion, stop homosexual relationships from being reconised and so on

to christianity's credit, if the christians had followed the bibles teaching and just turned the other cheek, then this thread would have died right at the start

Reply #3162 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:07:02 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
Let's take a look at this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa

Mother Teresa (August 26, 1910 – September 5, 1997), was an Albanian Roman Catholic nun who founded the Missionaries of Charity and won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 for her humanitarian work. For over forty years, she ministered to the needs of the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying of Calcutta

http://www.christianaid.org.uk/aboutus/our_aims.aspx

We work where the need is greatest in nearly 50 countries, regardless of ethnicity, nationality or religion, to meet suffering and stop poverty – whether through providing emergency relief or long-term development.

We support 716 local organisations who know best how to deliver what people really need. From providing shelters for battered women in Iraq, to helping people earn a better living from farming their land in Bangladesh, to getting emergency relief to Afghan villages so families don’t have to sell their daughters in marriage to help their families survive drought.

...just some food for thought.

Reply #3163 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:07:57 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.
How long will it take for religion to die out completely?

Come on! Step right up and place your bets! Person/People who select correct year will get their share of 90% of the prize pool!!!

Reply #3164 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:11:14 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: DEATH0WL;474966
How long will it take for religion to die out completely?

Come on! Step right up and place your bets! Person/People who select correct year will get their share of 90% of the prize pool!!!

hehe i thgouth someoen was goign to post, "... now wheres teh old lady with the sore tooth!"

lol sick joke.

Reply #3165 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:15:11 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;474961
because he is anti science - sure he doesn't believe the world is flat but he promotes the modern equivalent - (his views on evolution and the big bang) - my main problem is someone posted an interesing link to a man who is trying to find out about the universe - since this threatens his world view - he posted an uneducated reply (uneducated as he doesn't know the knowledge that maths has given us)

I agree that individual christians can be lovely people - but its the groups that cause the harm - moderate christians (or moderate followers of any religion) clear the way for the extremists that post the hate speech, try and stop stem cell research, stop woman having free access to abortion, stop homosexual relationships from being reconised and so on

to christianity's credit, if the christians had followed the bibles teaching and just turned the other cheek, then this thread would have died right at the start

But he isn't preaching it at schools or primary schools, so what is the real problem?

This type of is minimal hardl ine religion in New Zealand, you have small groups like the Exclusive Brethren and Brian Tamaki's bunch but unlike America, thankfully we have a very good separation of Church and State with most New Zealander's being very liberal - just look at how long Labour has been in charge and accepting. As it stands church attendance is at record lows and still dropping.

From reading Flea's posts and my own Christian friends who are moderate I don't think they clear the way for extremism. I'm positive that if a small vocal minority said all gays and non believers should be killed because it is in the gospel they would be quickly denounced by all the Major Churches and all the moderate Christians.

Reply #3166 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:18:41 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: Simon_NZ;474963
Let's take a look at this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa

Mother Teresa (August 26, 1910 – September 5, 1997), was an Albanian Roman Catholic nun who founded the Missionaries of Charity and won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 for her humanitarian work. For over forty years, she ministered to the needs of the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying of Calcutta

mother teresa was a psychopath. she didnt heal the sick she stuck them in buildings were they werent allowed to be visited by their own families. She USED their suffering for her own personal gain.

Mother Teresa was a conservative Catholic who supported the evil Pope's hard line on abortion, contraception, divorce, women priests, and generally had very bad ideas about women. A woman's highest virtue was to do her duty to the church and her husband – to be a “good” wife and mother and to serve the Catholic church.

http://www.fitz-claridge.com/Articles/MotherTeresa.html

[video]8q1m-8npkJ4[/video]

Reply #3167 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:22:58 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;474955
You knwo the RCD's you have in yoru house to help protect you from electric shock?  You knwo where they got the 30mA in 30ms from?

From the germans shocking Prisoners of war!  

ah good ol' science!  Making our homes safer all aroudn teh world!

because the nazi's were a scientific group?

Quote from: Simon_NZ;474963

http://www.christianaid.org.uk/aboutus/our_aims.aspx

this looks like a nice group - they promote the use of condoms - seems to be humanitarian rather then missionary

personally i believe groups like this would exist in an atheist world

Reply #3168 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:23:05 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
Quote from: KiLL3r;474978
mother teresa was a psychopath. she didnt heal the sick she stuck them in buildings were they werent allowed to be visited by their own families. She USED their suffering for her own personal gain.

You don't get a Nobel Peace Prize for being a psychopath, Yes her views on abortion were frowned upon and considered one of the greatest problems in combating Poverty in Indian and I'm not surprised that you picked up on that.

And yes, she didn't heal people. When faced with such abject poverty you stupid to think that she could, these people having nothing more than the rags on their back and what she did was provide them with a peaceful way to die - isn't that what everyone wants? Or would you rather die face down in a gutter festering in shit and puss covered in flies and maggots because there is no sewage system?

Whatever your opinion is on her work, I doubt it is actually yours it is massively overshadowed by the global recognition and legacy she has left internationally she has left and the accolades she received during her time.

Her work in Calcutta's slums illustrated something that the high priests of global development often tend to overlook: in order to pull people out of poverty, it is important to first empower them with self-esteem and with the hope that change is always possible. Her missionary efforts exemplified the notion that, when confronted with Himalayan challenges such as traditional poverty, small steps are more effective than monumental antipoverty programs. And so, for Mother Teresa, it was one hovel at a time.

Reply #3169 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:33:59 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Simon_NZ;474975
But he isn't preaching it at schools or primary schools, so what is the real problem?

This type of is minimal hardl ine religion in New Zealand, you have small groups like the Exclusive Brethren and Brian Tamaki's bunch but unlike America, thankfully we have a very good separation of Church and State with most New Zealander's being very liberal - just look at how long Labour has been in charge and accepting. As it stands church attendance is at record lows and still dropping.

From reading Flea's posts and my own Christian friends who are moderate I don't think they clear the way for extremism. I'm positive that if a small vocal minority said all gays and non believers should be killed because it is in the gospel they would be quickly denounced by all the Major Churches and all the moderate Christians.

there couldn't be extremists without the moderates

i personally find it repugnant that he has such a closed minded view on family's - once again his mild homophobia makes more extreme homophobia more acceptable

Reply #3170 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:34:59 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Simon_NZ;474998
You don't get a Nobel Peace Prize for being a psychopath, Yes her views on abortion were frowned upon and considered one of the greatest problems in combating Poverty in Indian and I'm not surprised that you picked up on that.

um..... the nobel peace prize is a weird one - Henry Kissinger any one

Killers views on Mother Teresa are far from fringe views

Reply #3171 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:39:05 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
It is his opinion and he is entitled too it, I, like you think it is not necessarily correct but that is life. I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

Just like creation versus evolution or anything that has been talked about it in this thread, what is the point of arguing on the internet? It's not going to change anything.

Religion is a powerful thing and I found out the hard way to respect it. Making digs at religion cost me my last relationship with a lovely girl who I really cared about all because I was so filled with self righteousness of science and couldn't bring myself to respect her views when she really need me too. Thinking about it now makes me feel like a complete fool. Never again, unless religion is forced upon me I'm not going to actively seek out arguments or conflict - life is far too short. Live and let live I say.

Reply #3172 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:45:54 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Reply #3173 Posted: July 04, 2007, 11:57:47 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Simon_NZ;475012
It is his opinion and he is entitled too it, I, like you think it is not necessarily correct but that is life. I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

Just like creation versus evolution or anything that has been talked about it in this thread, what is the point of arguing on the internet? It's not going to change anything.

Religion is a powerful thing and I found out the hard way to respect it. Making digs at religion cost me my last relationship with a lovely girl who I really cared about all because I was so filled with self righteousness of science and couldn't bring myself to respect her views when she really need me too. Thinking about it now makes me feel like a complete fool. Never again, unless religion is forced upon me I'm not going to actively seek out arguments or conflict - life is far too short. Live and let live I say.

that's a sad story - love killed by the holy war between science and religion

he is entitled to his opinion, but no-one is forced to post here - Some one should enforce that B Sc Physics as a minimum requirement to post in this thread

i love debating - if someone can convince me that i am wrong then my world view is improved - this doesn't work so well for religious debates because religion is an upbringing thing, not a reason thing

Reply #3174 Posted: July 05, 2007, 12:07:48 am