Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline krasher

• Addicted
  • krasher has no influence.
Quote from: cobra;475405
this is probably the start of quite a few posts

yeah, not out of context - but you are just making things up - didn't "pwn" myself, you didn't "pwn" me - i dont know if see does good - her will to do good has probably been tainted by the church

Krasher - you come from a religion that promotes forgiveness, can i ask why in BF2 you are an instapunishing fucktard?
Don't tell me how to live my life - or play my games.
Don't tell me what I believe.
Don't tell me what my attitude is towards homosexuals or prostitutes.
Don't tell me how to be a Christian.
Don't call me a hypocrite.

Imagine what your response would be if I tried that to you. You would say I was a judgmental bible bashing Christian.

You must throw a lot of nades in BF2. That explains a lot. I always punish for nade t/k's and expect the same in return. Besides...

ITS JUST A GAME.

I recommend the cooler for cobra - I mean, now I am being sworn at for being a Christian that t'k punishes in bf? What next? Another 6 posts in a row perhaps?

Reply #3200 Posted: July 05, 2007, 03:44:26 pm
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: krasher;475448
Don't tell me how to live my life - or play my games.
Don't tell me what I believe.
Don't tell me what my attitude is towards homosexuals or prostitutes.
Don't tell me how to be a Christian.
Don't call me a hypocrite.

Imagine what your response would be if I tried that to you. You would say I was a judgmental bible bashing Christian.

You must throw a lot of nades in BF2. That explains a lot. I always punish for nade t/k's and expect the same in return. Besides...

ITS JUST A GAME.

i was just wondering how it fitted into a world view that promotes forgivness

i dont care about punishes, just seemed hypocritical from a christian

Reply #3201 Posted: July 05, 2007, 03:47:53 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: cobra;475411
i was joking

See, they call this 'Post Hoc Justification' - the process of trying to explain something with an alternative explanation AFTER you've been pulled up on something you said.

Cobra, you're starting to clutch at straws here. I'm not going to discuss anything with you unless you start posting in a reasonable, well thought, and fair way.

Reply #3202 Posted: July 05, 2007, 03:52:43 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;475458
See, they call this 'Post Hoc Justification' - the process of trying to explain something with an alternative explanation AFTER you've been pulled up on something you said.

Cobra, you're starting to clutch at straws here. I'm not going to discuss anything with you unless you start posting in a reasonable, well thought, and fair way.

sorry - i thought it would be obvious that i wouldn't be promoting a bsc minimum to post here, gave you too much credit - my bad

Reply #3203 Posted: July 05, 2007, 03:56:06 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra
Some one should enforce that B Sc Physics as a minimum requirement to post in this thread

Sorry - I missed the joke part of this comment - can you please point it out?

I'm not a psychic, so I don't know if/when you're THINKING its a joke unless you clearly mark that it is a joke with the use of exclamation points, or a smiley, or a subsequent comment affirming it as a joke.

And your cheap "too much credit" joke is lame - I used it on about page 10 when you were being a tard early on in the piece.

Reply #3204 Posted: July 05, 2007, 04:20:58 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;475479
Sorry - I missed the joke part of this comment - can you please point it out?

I'm not a psychic, so I don't know if/when you're THINKING its a joke unless you clearly mark that it is a joke with the use of exclamation points, or a smiley, or a subsequent comment affirming it as a joke.

And your cheap "too much credit" joke is lame - I used it on about page 10 when you were being a tard early on in the piece.

well - the statement is absurd - all humor comes from the absurd

anyhows - nice ignoring the rest of my post

Reply #3205 Posted: July 05, 2007, 04:46:58 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;475496
nice ignoring the rest of my post

I didn't ignore it - I just chose not to respond to more of the same anti-Christian drivel you've been spooning out for the last 10 pages.

And let me ask you this: if you have a B Sc in Physics, and you want this to be a science thread, why are all your posts non-science-related attacks on the Christian church?

Reply #3206 Posted: July 05, 2007, 04:50:32 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;475499
I didn't ignore it - I just chose not to respond to more of the same anti-Christian drivel you've been spooning out for the last 10 pages.

And let me ask you this: if you have a B Sc in Physics, and you want this to be a science thread, why are all your posts non-science-related attacks on the Christian church?

Christianinty promotes ignorance - i am anti ignorance

Christianity promotes hate - i am anti hate

oh Flea - my avatar is an album cover - sorry it disturbs you

can you pick out the antichristianity parts? - i was trying to express my views in a way you would respond to - i didnt use hate cult once

Reply #3207 Posted: July 05, 2007, 04:52:10 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
Quote from: cobra;475501
Christianinty promotes ignorance - <-- wrong.  The bible speaks out against ingnorance and compells people to seek knowledge.

Christianity promotes hate - <--- Wrong again.  Christianity promotes forgiveness and helping otherpeople.  Along with spreadine the Good News.
oh Flea - my avatar is an album cover - sorry it disturbs you  

can you pick out the antichristianity parts? - i was trying to express my views in a way you would respond to - i didnt use hate cult once

LOL i wonder what bible you were reading. hahah :bounce:   where could you have gotten those two warped ideals?

Reply #3208 Posted: July 05, 2007, 05:01:03 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline krasher

• Addicted
i am ignorance

-edited for truth

Reply #3209 Posted: July 05, 2007, 05:01:52 pm
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;475507
LOL i wonder what bible you were reading. hahah :bounce:   where could you have gotten those two warped ideals?

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.  ~Ecclesiastes 1:18

and the bible is different from christianity - i think we all agree that christians just interpret the bible to suit their purposes

+ quotes from christians

"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least."

"I don't care about logic or science, the Bible says the moon and sun move"

"I honestly don't care about your rights. If it were up to me, all Atheists would be burnt at the stake and or cast into a river with weights tied to their ankles and or placed before the firing squad, etc etc etc."

sure these are extreme quotes but the same general attitude has been echoed in most christians i meet

to accept christianity you need to ignore a lot of reality

Reply #3210 Posted: July 05, 2007, 05:23:36 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: cobra;475526
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.  ~Ecclesiastes 1:18

aka 'ignorance is bliss'

Your views are alittle extreme I must say cobra.
You are painting them all with the same brush.

I mean its obvious that the beliefs of fleastyler and Who_ate_my_rice are vastly different.

People like Who_ate_my_rice scare me.

Reply #3211 Posted: July 05, 2007, 05:29:02 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Bell;475530

Your views are alittle extreme I must say cobra.
You are painting them all with the same brush.

i believe in zero tolerance for those promote hatred - i would say the samethings if this was science vs skinheads or science vs nazis

Reply #3212 Posted: July 05, 2007, 05:58:39 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Christianinty promotes ignorance - i am anti ignorance

Christianity promotes hate - i am anti hate

You still don't get it do you. The church neither promotes hate or ignorance, nor does the bible as Rice has pointed out. The only person out of me and you with the knowledge to know what the church is thinking is me, since you don't attend a church - you obviously don't know ANYTHING about the churches views on these matters - obvious since every Christian here disagrees with you and even guys like Bell, who previously shared views with you, are starting to tell you to tone down.

The only extremism I'm seeing in this thread is your extrme arrogance in assuming your opinion is the correct opinion - even worse, you're being so aggressive and forceful with your opinion, you're acting in a WORSE manner than those Christians who go knocking door to door and "force their beliefs on you" - a group of people you stated you didn't like earlier in the thread.

Seriously, give up - I'm not responding to any more of your stupid shit and the tactic you are using isn't working in the context of this discussion.

Reply #3213 Posted: July 05, 2007, 06:01:44 pm

Offline krasher

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;475576
i believe in zero tolerance for those promote hatred - i would say the samethings if this was science vs skinheads or science vs nazis

Sounds a little bit like. "I hate those who hate." Sounds like a real good stance there cobra.

Reply #3214 Posted: July 05, 2007, 06:03:26 pm
=]IRBS[=

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;475576

Just read this - comparing Christians to nazis and skinheads?
That is the most ridiculous, stupid shit I have ever read in this forum.

Admin, can we please cooler Cobra, if not outright ban - he has been overly aggressive and insulting in his method of posting, has been ignorant of users' posts when replying, has been offending members of this forum for the past few days, myself included, and is now referring to us as the equivalent of nazis. I find this utterly unacceptable. Thanks.

Reply #3215 Posted: July 05, 2007, 06:05:04 pm

Offline D_Unit

• Addicted
  • D_Unit has no influence.
Who the fuck revved this thread?

Reply #3216 Posted: July 05, 2007, 06:13:21 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;475585
Admin, can we please cooler Cobra, if not outright ban - he has been overly aggressive and insulting in his method of posting, has been ignorant of users' posts when replying, has been offending members of this forum for the past few days, myself included, and is now referring to us as the equivalent of nazis. I find this utterly unacceptable. Thanks.

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;475196
The thread was posted in a PUBLIC internet forum. I'm allowed to state my opinion.

So I should sit back and say nothing because YOU don't want to hear what I have to say?

That sounds like a great idea! The internet would be a great place if everything and everyone fitted in to Cobra's belief system and every comment was deemed acceptable by Cobra himself!

Conversely, your attitude towards my opinion is that I should be made to shut up - in the current international political environment, that would be called a Human Rights Violation, since you are supportive of removing my right to Freedom of Speech.

lol

Reply #3217 Posted: July 05, 2007, 06:22:47 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.
Quote from: D_Unit112;475593
Who the fuck revved this thread?

That would be the admins after it was requested to be combined with all other religious threads

Reply #3218 Posted: July 05, 2007, 06:42:59 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;475602
lol

You can laugh all you like - stating your opinion and implying that I'm no better than a nazi is over the line mate.

Admin, please refer to my earlier message.

Reply #3219 Posted: July 05, 2007, 06:49:36 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;475196

The thread was posted in a PUBLIC internet forum. I'm allowed to state my opinion.

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;475627
You can laugh all you like - stating your opinion and implying that I'm no better than a nazi is over the line mate.

Admin, please refer to my earlier message.

lol

Reply #3220 Posted: July 05, 2007, 06:58:27 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;475635
lol

You're missing the point -

I stated my opinion in a non-offensive way.

YOU referred to members of this forum as being no better than nazis.

Big difference mate.

Reply #3221 Posted: July 05, 2007, 07:04:37 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.
stop bickering.

i clearly won this thread yesterday.

Reply #3222 Posted: July 05, 2007, 07:16:55 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Not really. if you start down that road, you'll be suprised at what offends different people. I think they did the exact wrong thing to this thread, each aspect should be given its own seperate thread, not all banged together, this thread is just a messy jumble of of unintelligible crap now.

Reply #3223 Posted: July 05, 2007, 07:18:07 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;475638
You're missing the point -

I stated my opinion in a non-offensive way.

YOU referred to members of this forum as being no better than nazis.

Big difference mate.
Not really, if you start down that road you'll be suprised what offends people.
I think they did the exact wrong thing to this thread, each aspect should be given its own seperate thread, not all banged together, this thread is just a messy jumble of of unintelligible crap now.

Reply #3224 Posted: July 05, 2007, 07:19:28 pm