Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
lol go tell sue bradford it'll be a law by summer.

Reply #3375 Posted: July 11, 2007, 04:15:30 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.

Reply #3376 Posted: July 11, 2007, 05:01:01 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: BerG;480392
Long story. There was this stunner of a girl. Perfect. We were in love. But she was pretty hard out christian so couldn't go out with me.

been there, done that got the t shirt....but anyway same thing happened to me except we still went out. some of hte ppl in the church she was going to werent impressed but that didnt stop us.

she got sick of that church and changed church's.

if that chicks excuse is church/christianty than i dont think she really cared.

Reply #3377 Posted: July 11, 2007, 05:24:06 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Bell;480582

OMG you can see Jesus' face in it.

Reply #3378 Posted: July 11, 2007, 05:25:37 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: private_hell;480622

if that chicks excuse is church/christianty than i dont think she really cared.

If you had seen her crying over the decision you would think otherwise.

She knew we would end up rooting, and then she would be in big trouble with the big guy. She was REALLY religious, ie puts god before others. I wouldn't have known as she never talked about it with me until I asked her out.

Reply #3379 Posted: July 11, 2007, 05:37:00 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;480627
OMG you can see Predator-Jesus' face in it.

Edited for truth :D

With regards to the dating thing, I'm incredibly (translated: really frickin incredibly) skeptical about dating within the confines of the church. For example, some Christians believe that Christians should only go out with other Christians: why is beyond me. The church I go to even ran a course about it and I actually felt dumber for having gone to all the sessions of it. I say, if it feels right then go with it.

(To be clear, this doesn't mean I support promiscuity; I believe in saving oneself for the right person and have believed that for years. I also believe in the idea of a soul-mate)

The only girl I've been interested in a relationship with since I became a Christian was not a Christian, but we didn't end up going out since I waited too long to call her back and she had met some other guy (I only accidentally left it 9 days! 9 frickin days!!!).

/pointless rant

Reply #3380 Posted: July 11, 2007, 06:02:37 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.
Whoa only nine days to lose a girl eh... ah no rush nobody at my school dates anyway...

Reply #3381 Posted: July 11, 2007, 06:10:14 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
If ever i go to church it will be this one

http://grace-baptist-church.net/

check out the street address

Reply #3382 Posted: July 12, 2007, 11:56:00 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
found a new way to take out my anger on religion

[video]uIa7Fa0B5e4[/video]

world in conflict ftw!

Reply #3383 Posted: July 13, 2007, 09:49:32 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: Into The Void;480499
That woman off Trading Spouses was hillarious.

craaaazzzyyy

[video]SBy7NJAcusU[/video]

That woman is fucked in the head. Who did that to her? Was it her religion?

Reply #3384 Posted: July 14, 2007, 02:34:44 am
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
  • TuataraDude has no influence.
Quote from: Fragin';483486

1 - Yes she is.

2 - Look at her, she has to find something to believe in as she appears to have lost belief in herself. This can then manifest itself in extreme narcissism and self-loathing at the same time.

3 - She said something about the Catholic Church, but generally that sort of behaviour is found in more of the fringe Christian sects. And yet, why am I not surprised to hear a southern drawl.

I feel sorry for the kids mostly, but interesting to see that some of the money went to two of them leaving to find their own place. Just as well really.

Reply #3385 Posted: July 14, 2007, 06:55:42 am
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Offline Into The Void

• Devoted Member
  • Into The Void has no influence.
Quote from: Fragin';483486

She's gone mental, and I'd say religion did it to her. First off, look how totally ignorant and bigoted her opinion is. She won't accept other peoples beliefs and things they do. I thought the family were pretty nice to her, she was just a bitch. I especially found it funny where she threw the paper outside. Littering. She also said 'if you believe in jesus you can stay'. Haha. I know most christians don't take things that far, and on top of being a christian she's an american which makes her a bigger mess. But i'm sure a lot of christians out there have the same thinking as that.

One day flea and co, you'll end up like her.

Reply #3386 Posted: July 14, 2007, 09:46:38 am

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.
Religion didn't do that to her, she's just a fucking nut job.  They come in all flavors.

Reply #3387 Posted: July 14, 2007, 11:26:14 am

Offline Gunner

• Devoted Member
  • Gunner has no influence.

Reply #3388 Posted: July 14, 2007, 12:31:01 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: KiLL3r;480487
this one had me laughing for hours

[video]5lvU-DislkI[/video]

haha just saw this comedy gold.
So any of you churchys do this shit? :P

Reply #3389 Posted: July 14, 2007, 01:17:11 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Quote from: KiLL3r;480487
this one had me laughing for hours

[video]5lvU-DislkI[/video]

haha just saw this comedy gold.
Love the big backhand near the end.
So any of you churchys do this shit? :P

Reply #3390 Posted: July 14, 2007, 01:19:47 pm

Offline Menial

• Addicted
  • Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.Menial is working their way up.
Most over-used internet video song ever. :(

PCP is a hell of a drug

Reply #3391 Posted: July 14, 2007, 01:33:46 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted

Reply #3392 Posted: July 14, 2007, 01:40:48 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Now i get Killers avatar. Nice.

Make me one? But its the popes head exploding?

Reply #3393 Posted: July 14, 2007, 03:30:51 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: Into The Void;483571
One day flea and co, you'll end up like her.

You're only saying that because you're darksided ...

On a more serious note, sif Void :disappoin

On an even more serious note, that woman is definitely f*cked up - thats what happens when your beliefs become too far to one side - you have to maintain a balance in anything; I'd like to believe I have a reasonable balance between my faith and my lifestyle ... that woman clearly does not have any semblance of balance. The saddest part of it all: when shes screaming at her kids and husband, and the kids say "why are you getting angry at us?" I dare say thats not the first time they would've had to respond to her like that.

Reply #3394 Posted: July 14, 2007, 06:08:20 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: Bell;483746

WHAT!?

YAAAAAY-UHH!!!!

Reply #3395 Posted: July 14, 2007, 06:09:41 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;484015
You're only saying that because you're darksided ...

On a more serious note, sif Void :disappoin

On an even more serious note, that woman is definitely f*cked up - thats what happens when your beliefs become too far to one side - you have to maintain a balance in anything; I'd like to believe I have a reasonable balance between my faith and my lifestyle ... that woman clearly does not have any semblance of balance. The saddest part of it all: when shes screaming at her kids and husband, and the kids say "why are you getting angry at us?" I dare say thats not the first time they would've had to respond to her like that.

hehehe that woman.  Thats funny.  But man she really deserves pity. and she REALLY NEEDS JESUS.   Not only is she not right in the ways of the church and christianity, but she is hurting her family too.

All the churches i've been to would Frown upon this behaviour.  If she still goes to church her church isn't right with the Lord.  The Church has a responisiblity to talk to her about this and try to get her to see the error in her ways.

This woman seriously needs to pray.  To really move with God and in The Spirit you have to have a balance of subjective and rational personalities.  Looks as if this woman is all subjective and its spreading to her family.  Her family needs to pray for her and so does her church.

Reply #3396 Posted: July 16, 2007, 01:04:57 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
i think a gun would 100% more effective than prayer. hell i think anything would be 100% more effective than prayer

Reply #3397 Posted: July 16, 2007, 01:13:26 pm

Offline Into The Void

• Devoted Member
  • Into The Void has no influence.
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;485395

This woman seriously needs to pray.  To really move with God and in The Spirit you have to have a balance of subjective and rational personalities.  Looks as if this woman is all subjective and its spreading to her family.  Her family needs to pray for her and so does her church.

I really don't think she needs to do any more praying. Judging by that, she was doing it every hour.

Reply #3398 Posted: July 16, 2007, 01:30:32 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
If you're going to be mentally ill, do it in a religious context. You'll get away with it for a lot longer

Reply #3399 Posted: July 16, 2007, 02:35:39 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here