Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;485476
If you're going to be mentally ill, do it in a religious context. You'll get away with it for a lot longer

QFT

I was talking to a christian dude at a party, Growing up he thought his mum talked with god, now he has found out she is bipolar.

The woman with not get the help she needs - her church with be supporting this insanity - The moderate christians create an environment where the extremists can exist

Reply #3400 Posted: July 16, 2007, 04:42:04 pm

Offline (BHP)Clyock

• Just settled in
  • (BHP)Clyock has no influence.
Just saw Constantine for the first time last night, now that is religion you can sink your teeth into.

Reply #3401 Posted: July 16, 2007, 08:55:35 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;485395
hehehe that woman.  Thats funny.  But man she really deserves pity. and she REALLY NEEDS JESUS.   Not only is she not right in the ways of the church and christianity, but she is hurting her family too.

All the churches i've been to would Frown upon this behaviour.  If she still goes to church her church isn't right with the Lord.  The Church has a responisiblity to talk to her about this and try to get her to see the error in her ways.

This woman seriously needs to pray.  To really move with God and in The Spirit you have to have a balance of subjective and rational personalities.  Looks as if this woman is all subjective and its spreading to her family.  Her family needs to pray for her and so does her church.

As Void said, she needs less Jesus not more. From what i saw, she can't stand to be in the same room as people who aren't Christian. That's fucked up.

Her family needs to pray for her and so does her church.

That would be the worst thing that could happen for her. She needs to get some space between her and the bible-thumping, fire-and-brimstone church she no doubt goes to and breath some fresh air. Take one sunday off and go to the zoo or something.

Reply #3402 Posted: July 16, 2007, 10:16:08 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
like i said before she needs Jesus.

She has soooo lost the plot.  If she was truely walking in the spirit she wouldn't be cursing those people or taking it out on her family.

Why the heck would you kick the camera crew out of the house?  You signed a contract to be filmed.  You got YOURSELF into that knowing full well what could happen.

You don't say words in anger, attack your family and other people and then speak the Lords name in the same breath.  That is wrong.

She wasn't praying there. Yelling nonsense every 5 seconds and then ending it with, In Jesus name at the end is not praying.  

Same with the islamic extremists.  Just because you say God is great before you blow yourself up along with 50 other bystanders doesn't make you a religous Martyr, or you aren't doing it for God.  If that person thinks for a minute that God would think... hey... that was nice.  thanks for that. now i feel loved THEY ARE WRONG.

Same with this woman.  In one way its good she wants to seperate herself from those sorts of things.  But she is going about it ALL WRONG.  Bashing other people and then trying to make it sound righteous by saying Gods name doesn't it right.  God wont be saying, YOU GO GIRL!

She is just acting up for the camera.  If she IS really like this.  Then yes.  I stand by what i said.  She needs Prayer from Christians who walk in the spirit.  Any good fellowship would know that prayer for these people and prayer for themselves to have tolerance(if they are lacking) is the way to go.  

This woman would turn alot of people off christianity.  Same with the terrorists turning alot of people off islam.  

GOD POWER IS NEEDED.  Maybe she needs to find another church if they are nurturing this kind of behavior.  And Benny Hinn for the win!  It would have been awesome to go see him.  His tv stuff always looks so cheesey heheheh :bounce:   but the things he says and preaches are so true.  He really is a man of God no matter what showy things he does on stage.  

Its cool coz after words he says.  HEY!! BETTER CHECK YO SELF BOY~!  IT WASN"T ME BRO!  IT WAS GOD! ALL THE GLORY GOES TO HIM>

now to me thats win.:bounce:

Reply #3403 Posted: July 16, 2007, 11:27:59 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;486166
And Benny Hinn for the win!  It would have been awesome to go see him.  His tv stuff always looks so cheesey heheheh :bounce:   but the things he says and preaches are so true.  He really is a man of God no matter what showy things he does on stage.  

are you seriously that stupid?

In December 2006, Benny Hinn sent out a mailing asking for donations towards a new Gulfstream G4SP jet valued at an estimated $36 million

i suppose youd be stupid enought to donate after all everything he preaches is true. :disappoin

seriously read this http://www.pfo.org/oldhouse.htm

and if you still believe benny hinn is a miracle worker after that you, yourself are a lost cause.

im sure even fleastyler would agree that your "faith" is overly absurd, since your the kinda person that gives people like him a bad name

Reply #3404 Posted: July 17, 2007, 01:10:41 am

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
I don't know f I would say "overy absurd", its just that Rice is talking about things that generally only get talked about in Christian or church circles, where they are understood by everyone to mean the same things. Theres no question that some Christian practices would look absolutely bizarre to people not familiar with the church setting and jargon, etc - a case in point was our earlier discussion on communion, which obviously means something entirely different to me than it does to the likes of yourself, KiLL3r.

Rice is on the button when he says that the woman has lost the plot - if there is one point the non-Christians in this thread made that I agree with, it would be that complete and utter immersion in the church, the church leaders and the dogma of the denomination you attend can end in an ugly way, as we've seen here. However, the womans faith in God is not one of the issues here - as Rice was trying to say, shes got it twisted; the bible says to love people; it says to be the "salt of the earth"; to be a light to people, not to hate them for being 'darksided'.

As I may have said already in this thread, and as Rice was trying to say, if you get to the point where you hate people as a result of your church beliefs, then you need to step back because it ain't God.

Reply #3405 Posted: July 17, 2007, 09:56:41 am

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;486322
I don't know f I would say "overy absurd", its just that Rice is talking about things that generally only get talked about in Christian or church circles, where they are understood by everyone to mean the same things. Theres no question that some Christian practices would look absolutely bizarre to people not familiar with the church setting and jargon, etc - a case in point was our earlier discussion on communion, which obviously means something entirely different to me than it does to the likes of yourself, KiLL3r.

Rice is on the button when he says that the woman has lost the plot - if there is one point the non-Christians in this thread made that I agree with, it would be that complete and utter immersion in the church, the church leaders and the dogma of the denomination you attend can end in an ugly way, as we've seen here. However, the womans faith in God is not one of the issues here - as Rice was trying to say, shes got it twisted; the bible says to love people; it says to be the "salt of the earth"; to be a light to people, not to hate them for being 'darksided'.

As I may have said already in this thread, and as Rice was trying to say, if you get to the point where you hate people as a result of your church beliefs, then you need to step back because it ain't God.

i was referring to rice believing some guy pushing people over and in doing so curing them of cancer as truth.

Reply #3406 Posted: July 17, 2007, 10:36:29 am

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: KiLL3r;486345
i was referring to rice believing some guy pushing people over and in doing so curing them of cancer as truth.

Ah. My bad :disappoin

In regards to that (or as Thomas Upham called it, "sympathetic imitation") - I believe it can happen legitimately - its even happened to me a couple of times - but I don't believe it if I see it on TV. Benny Hinn seems very fake to me and I don't really trust what he says. Truth be told, I avoid him as much as possible.

Reply #3407 Posted: July 17, 2007, 10:49:31 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
The problem you run into here is what makes the mad womans version of christianity better or worse than yours or anyone else's?

Belief in god(s) is a personal thing and everyones faith is different. How they express that belief will reflect them as individuals. As god(s) have no existence independent of the believer, each individuals expression of faith is as real and valid as anyone else's. You disagree with her personal interpretation of belief, but her model  is far from uncommon

Reply #3408 Posted: July 17, 2007, 11:22:08 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;486166
like i said before she needs Jesus.

She has soooo lost the plot.  If she was truely walking in the spirit she wouldn't be cursing those people or taking it out on her family.

Why the heck would you kick the camera crew out of the house?  You signed a contract to be filmed.  You got YOURSELF into that knowing full well what could happen.

You don't say words in anger, attack your family and other people and then speak the Lords name in the same breath.  That is wrong.

She wasn't praying there. Yelling nonsense every 5 seconds and then ending it with, In Jesus name at the end is not praying.  

Same with the islamic extremists.  Just because you say God is great before you blow yourself up along with 50 other bystanders doesn't make you a religous Martyr, or you aren't doing it for God.  If that person thinks for a minute that God would think... hey... that was nice.  thanks for that. now i feel loved THEY ARE WRONG.

Same with this woman.  In one way its good she wants to seperate herself from those sorts of things.  But she is going about it ALL WRONG.  Bashing other people and then trying to make it sound righteous by saying Gods name doesn't it right.  God wont be saying, YOU GO GIRL!

She is just acting up for the camera.  If she IS really like this.  Then yes.  I stand by what i said.  She needs Prayer from Christians who walk in the spirit.  Any good fellowship would know that prayer for these people and prayer for themselves to have tolerance(if they are lacking) is the way to go.  

This woman would turn alot of people off christianity.  Same with the terrorists turning alot of people off islam.  

GOD POWER IS NEEDED.  Maybe she needs to find another church if they are nurturing this kind of behavior.  And Benny Hinn for the win!  It would have been awesome to go see him.  His tv stuff always looks so cheesey heheheh :bounce:   but the things he says and preaches are so true.  He really is a man of God no matter what showy things he does on stage.  

Its cool coz after words he says.  HEY!! BETTER CHECK YO SELF BOY~!  IT WASN"T ME BRO!  IT WAS GOD! ALL THE GLORY GOES TO HIM>

now to me thats win.:bounce:

"...tampering in darksided stuff", "...the entire house is darksided", and later she wails about a simple solstice party ffs. These certainly aren't "islamic extremists" that she is trying to separate herself from! I don't know how terrorists and Islam got into this discussion.

She has a warped perception of reality. People who immerse themselves totally in a dogma whether it be political, economic, religious, whatever, often get that problem.

People who live in the real world and interact with normal people in their community usually don't. So, in that way, her faith in God is the issue and the suggestion that I disagree with is that her turning ugly in that way is down to her lack of understanding of the bible. It's down to her excessive reliance on her religion as a guide to live her life by.

That video is a good illustration of what religion can do to a person. Be warned!!

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/6831/darksidedis2.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Reply #3409 Posted: July 17, 2007, 12:38:22 pm
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Also a good illustration of how bad teeth can make you seem more ominous.

Seriously, she needs to pull her head in. More and more tho, these arguments seem to be falling into the category of blaming God for mans incompetence. This lady falls under the title of 'mans incompetence' rather than anything of God.

Reply #3410 Posted: July 17, 2007, 01:03:07 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
actually looks more like a muppet than a human with pingpong eyes & missing teeth.

This woman has mental issues. church probably didn't cause them, but they certainly didn't cure them. I would say the church is at least to blame for some of her behaviour.

Reply #3411 Posted: July 17, 2007, 01:13:18 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;486467
Also a good illustration of how bad teeth can make you seem more ominous.

Seriously, she needs to pull her head in. More and more tho, these arguments seem to be falling into the category of blaming God for mans incompetence. This lady falls under the title of 'mans incompetence' rather than anything of God.

I think its more church blaming going on than god blaming, why blame something we don't believe exists? :P

Reply #3412 Posted: July 17, 2007, 01:48:01 pm

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
  • TuataraDude has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;486495
I think its more church blaming going on than god blaming

You make a good point there actually. God Himself/Herself is most likely not to blame for many of the worlds woes. The church though has a lot of blood on its' hands (no matter which religion you choose with the possible exception of Budhism, but feel free to correct me there). And the church is basically humans interpreting things to how they want it to be. There is a huge difference between believing in God and believing in the church. Some people just don't realise it.

Having said that, that doesn't mean that all church goers are evil, just that there are bad people everywhere, including people who profess to be be God-fearing.

Reply #3413 Posted: July 17, 2007, 02:08:50 pm
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;486361
Ah. My bad :disappoin

In regards to that (or as Thomas Upham called it, "sympathetic imitation") - I believe it can happen legitimately - its even happened to me a couple of times - but I don't believe it if I see it on TV. Benny Hinn seems very fake to me and I don't really trust what he says. Truth be told, I avoid him as much as possible.

Ah!  the flea!  You were spot on the money in your above post before this one.  I knew someone would pick up my point.  And yeah Benny hinn isnt for everyone.  I tend to take the good and the rest of the stuff i question him about.  He is very straight up.

If you dont like what you hear.  Ask them what they said it.  Thats what i do at church.

And about Benny hinn Kill3r.  I wouldn't say he is a miracle worker. I'd say God preforms the miracles.  And he also says that too.   I think of Benny Hinn as a Teacher rather than anything else.  Since i have actually been to one of these mettings everyone fell down around me but i was the only one standing along with my next door neighbour.  Saying that though it was still cool to see a gigantic Mexican wave~!  hehe WOo wooWOo~  but you wouldn't know what the atmosphere was like because you have never been!  

Just because he is flash doesn't mean that everyone who listens to his teachings gives him money.  Infact he tells people not to give HIM money.  Give in in the name of The Lord.  If you give it to me. I'll refuse it and you wont get anything out of it.  If you give it to the church you wont get anything out of it.  If you give it in the name of Jesus you will recieve blessings.  This is teachign called tithing that is a taught in churches.  Outsiders wouldn't understand that all to well and think that a church is a money making operation.  I'd say that the mormon churchs would be a money making operation because i went to a mormon church for a little while before i found out the things they were doing.  ANd they demanded 1 tenth of your earnings as Automatic payment.  I MEAN THEY HAD THE FORMS RIGHT THERE!!!!!!  The money given in the name of Jesus can't be abused otherwise the leader of the church or the person who uses that money for things other than God intended will be seriously punished and will end up answering for it in the end.  The Bible teaches this.  Just for your knowledge i have a few examples.  Skip it if you want.  The money collected in the good churches i have been to are used to pay for renovations.  For equipment for the church.  Cleaning.  Bills they have to pay.  And for the pastors wages type of thing.  If he needs to go overseas to a conference they use some of the money collected from the church and their own personal money too.  And about the members paying... IF you can't afford to pay DON'T!  whats the point of your family startving and you giving that money to God.  God will understand.  Some of the samoan churchs use the guilt thing with tithing.  They read your name out if you don't give anything.  If its not much then they say soemthign like, "Mr Smith!  You only gave 5 dollars.  But Mr Latu gave 30!  Why cant you be as generous as him." The other members of the church might not care.  But you'd sure feel crappy and give more next time.  THAT IS WRONG.  and that CHURCH needs to get itself with right with God too.  I might be stepping out of line talking about the mormon church though because i don't know where ALL there money goes and that to me is a problem with their church.  some goes towards missions.  For their members to go to peoples houses. bills, cleaning, equipment etc.  But there is the amounts which go to the leaders in Utah.  But bleh. they are dodgey on sharing that information.  They say you HAVE TOO give money.  They dont really give you a choice.  Either pay the money or leave the church.
 Where as if you don't want to give benny hinn any money they don't care.  It will be appreciated but you dont have too. I mean you can get into all his events for free.

The show is really like a massive 3 hour long church service with heaps of people around getting inspired.   There was this part in the bible where these people were saying Jesus's name to heal people.  One of the diciples(John) said to Jesus, "Master, we saw someone using your name to cast out demons.  We tried to stop him because he isn't in our group."  But Jesus said, "Don't stop him!  Anyone who is not against you is for you."  Luke9:49
so the same thing here.  He is doing alot of good for the people who believe in his teachings.  So whats the harm?  He is giving people their spiritual food and i see nothing wrong with that.  But my view will be different because i've actually been to one of these events and not basing my opinion on what i see on tv.  No one should.  

Also i do think that the reference to islam is relevant.  You guys never bring up issues with other religions :bounce: .   I used it as an example for when she was saying IN JESUS NAME! IN JESUS NAME doesn't make what she is doing is right.  same deal, a muslim screams Allahu Akbar before he kills people doesn't make his acts right with God.

Reply #3414 Posted: July 17, 2007, 02:29:48 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;486526
 Infact he tells people not to give HIM money.

I've seen him on TV, he does fucking so ask for money.
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;486526
Also i do think that the reference to islam is relevant. You guys never bring up issues with other religions . I used it as an example for when she was saying IN JESUS NAME! IN JESUS NAME doesn't make what she is doing is right. same deal, a muslim screams Allahu Akbar before he kills people doesn't make his acts right with God

Ok, I can see her mental problem being exploited by the church to make her what she is, much like a suicide bomber is made to think they are doing great things for god.

Do you think she came up with "dark sided people" & screaming at nonchristians without the churchs influence ? thats pretty whack.

Reply #3415 Posted: July 17, 2007, 02:34:29 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart;486474
actually looks more like a muppet than a human with pingpong eyes & missing teeth.

This woman has mental issues. church probably didn't cause them, but they certainly didn't cure them. I would say the church is at least to blame for some of her behaviour.

I kinda agree. She has mental issues which are no doubt compounded by her religious beliefs. Such a person is very dangerous. Insanity and religion are a lethal combination

http://killtheafterlife.blogspot.com/2005/06/i-cut-her-arms-off.html

Reply #3416 Posted: July 17, 2007, 05:51:58 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Have you guys discussed the whole "Pope claims other Christians not true churches" drama?

Apparently there is no salvation for non Roman Catholics, because only the Roman Catholic church can be traced back to Jesus. All other Christians are as screwed as everyone else. That is according to his holiness.

Gotta give it to him, takes balls to directly contradict the bible by saying the only way to heaven is through the church first and then through Jesus.

Reply #3417 Posted: July 17, 2007, 06:02:00 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline KiLL3r

nice link dirty. i wonder if mr who ate my rice can answer this question?

Which character in the Bible commits more inhumane atrocities, God or Satan?
[/B]

Reply #3418 Posted: July 17, 2007, 06:05:43 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Quote from: dirtyape;486704
I kinda agree. She has mental issues which are no doubt compounded by her religious beliefs. Such a person is very dangerous. Insanity and religion are a lethal combination

http://killtheafterlife.blogspot.com/2005/06/i-cut-her-arms-off.html

This is the same shit.

Reply #3419 Posted: July 17, 2007, 06:09:40 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: KiLL3r;486728
nice link dirty. i wonder if mr who ate my rice can answer this question?

[/B]

God by about 2million to 10.

Also, has anybody noticed how the bible sounds incredibly like propaganda, slamming Satan as being the evil one and promoting God, yet acknowledging all the horrible shit God does and saying that it was "for good".

Reply #3420 Posted: July 17, 2007, 06:12:31 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline krasher

• Addicted
  • krasher has no influence.
Cmon, if it were propaganda it just wouldn't be mentioned.

Reply #3421 Posted: July 17, 2007, 06:58:00 pm
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
it's mentioned because it was topical at the time of writing. and obviously would be questioned.

Reply #3422 Posted: July 17, 2007, 07:24:46 pm

Offline 1/2Pulse.

• Addicted
  • 1/2Pulse. has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart;486804
it's mentioned because it was topical at the time of writing. and obviously would be questioned.

A.Check your pm's
B.Msn

Reply #3423 Posted: July 17, 2007, 07:25:33 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: KiLL3r;486728

[/B]

Obviously God - we're not denying that bad stuff happens and that some of it is Gods doing - it simply makes more sense he would be responsible for more than Satan, since the Bible isn't ABOUT Satan.

Reply #3424 Posted: July 17, 2007, 07:45:46 pm