Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: cobra;501703
this comic sums up my view

like it :thumb:

Reply #3475 Posted: August 03, 2007, 01:47:06 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.
Quote from: TofuEater;501658
[video]OruQy-X32O0[/video]

woah she has done 5th form stats, good for her.

Reply #3476 Posted: August 03, 2007, 01:57:57 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
lol yea pretty much.
I think you just liked that video for the jailbait.

Reply #3477 Posted: August 03, 2007, 02:01:06 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Simon_NZ;501976
woah she has done 5th form stats, good for her.

I'd hit it. But only because she makes more sense than you. :P

Reply #3478 Posted: August 03, 2007, 02:48:35 pm
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: TofuEater;501997
I'd hit it. But only because she makes more sense than you. :P

^ Not an intelligent comment. Have I wandered into a flame war or something?

Reply #3479 Posted: August 03, 2007, 02:56:09 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: Fragin';502001
Have I wandered into a flame war or something?

One-off flame posts are well within the "spirit" of this thread.

Get it?

The *spirit*?

:chuckle:

Seriously though ... yeah.

Reply #3480 Posted: August 03, 2007, 03:02:17 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
maybe hoff thinks 5th form statistics are clever? i was just pointing out the obvious:P

Reply #3481 Posted: August 03, 2007, 03:14:42 pm

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
just needs to be posted
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9745/1186289054163sq1.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Reply #3482 Posted: August 05, 2007, 07:05:24 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!

She needs to die.

Reply #3483 Posted: August 05, 2007, 07:10:53 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: ™swindLe..;504087
She needs to die.

she needs a good fucking thats all, ill get on it later so dont you worry

Reply #3484 Posted: August 05, 2007, 07:21:59 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Not sure if any of you nubs have seen/ heard of it before and I know it's a TV program but on Monday night there is a program along the lines of..

'The lost tomb of Jesus'

Quote from: yourTV.com.au
In this documentary a case is made that the 2,000-year-old Tomb of the Ten Ossuaries belonged to the family of Jesus of Nazareth.

I actually only just found out what it was about as I saw an advert for it yesterday and thought it was actually going to say that Jesus is fake. Oh well.

Reply #3485 Posted: August 05, 2007, 08:54:15 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: Spork;504210
Not sure if any of you nubs have seen/ heard of it before and I know it's a TV program but on Monday night there is a program along the lines of..

'The lost tomb of Jesus'

I actually only just found out what it was about as I saw an advert for it yesterday and thought it was actually going to say that Jesus is fake. Oh well.

yeah ive seen it. its all based on evidence from the bible trying to tie itself in with real life. they also claimed their information was all new.

"In their movie they are billing it as 'never before reported information,' but it is not new. I published all the details in the Antiqot journal in 1996, and I didn't say it was the tomb of Jesus' family," said Amos Kloner, now professor of archaeology at Israel's Bar-Ilan University and author of the original excavation report for the predecessor of the Israel Antiquities Authority.

i think most christians also believe it to be nothing more than hype to make people watch it

Reply #3486 Posted: August 05, 2007, 08:57:05 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
hmm, my scientific world has been turned upside down.

mooks74 is jesus.

it explains his stupidity, he's been floating around in the clouds for the better part of 2000 years (only made better by his absence) he comes to earth, gets hit by a truck, and comes back again, only to mistake "caustic acid" for "oreo" upon burning himself inside out he comes back to life.

therefore mooks is jesus and god exists.

Reply #3487 Posted: August 05, 2007, 09:13:11 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted

She makes little to no sense.

Also, as I've stated before, while gullibility is rife in religious circles, there are still a high number of church-goers, like myself, who test what they are being told; they chew on it, think about it, study up on it, read about it, and so on. I don't believe you can simplify church down to questions like "what is their source" and "is it reliable" because in most cases, people have done that and still come to the conclusion that it must be legitimate.

The opportunity to study up on church, faith, God, et al, is widely available to anyone who is interested - from the large number of material and writings by religious authors (enough that there is a chain of stores in NZ that only sell Christian books and study materials), to the equally large number of anti-God and anti-religious books like The God Delusion or The Templar Revelation, and such, the opportunity is there to make an informed decision by looking at it from both sides.

If people choose NOT to take advantage of that, they reap the results.

Reply #3488 Posted: August 05, 2007, 11:13:12 pm

Offline Poos

• Just settled in
  • Poos has no influence.
What always amazes me with these arguments is that poople have to be in either one camp or the other. Yes creation could have been a factor but that is not to say that organic life forms will still not evolve because someone created them. Life evolves that is a fact, but if god did place us here would his intention not be to evolve any way.

And yes even scientist now have to accept that god can niether be proven is or disproved. The idea of a god does not bother me, the annoying thing is how religious factions claim to have the sole rights to him. Join our club or you will go to hell, if I am to be judged let it be on my actions as a person rather than my associations with different clubs.

Different religions will never agree with each other about whats right, however we can still use logic which in its self is a science to reach the most plausible conclusions. Many people still dont wish to accept that logic is a science.

A good example is, if we look at a clock how do we know it is man made. Its obvious when you see all the moving parts that work together, chances are its beyond coincidence. Man was able to predict the world was round before he could ever travel it through logic.

Is god a man or a woman is a silly argument really, male and female are a physical aspect needed to carry on breeding in most organic life forms. However even in ths world we still have many examples of life that is not male or female.

To accept a god or spiritual form exists is to realise it does not conform to physical neccesities. You dont need genitals to breed if we are to accept that the soul is a permanent  and non physical form (energy).

Also if we are to accept that there is god then we must also keep our own position in perspective. Would we not be just like ants to such an entitiy, its not to say a God would not care but perhaps we would not be as important to God as many like to think.
I would think just like in this world where we have a priminister/ministers/GP's etc etc. The poople at the top tend to deal with the big issues why other things are normally passed down to the ladder to the suitable and related department.

Lastly I would say if you did believe there is a god then perhaps you shoould accept he would be nothing like us. Humans are flawed, driven mostly by desire and emotional responses. God would not act and think like you as his character would be perfect.

I am not religious as I think it can limit your persective, but I believe if you want to be closer to god you should try and be more like him. Dont take this wrong, what I am saying here is if he is perfect in his character should we not also try and achieve these positive trates. I know some noob will go you want to be like god you arrogant wanker (read what I wrote). If yoo have a perfect character you would never be arrogant :bigglasse ect.

Reply #3489 Posted: August 06, 2007, 03:18:56 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Define the perfect character.

Reply #3490 Posted: August 06, 2007, 03:23:14 pm

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
Quote from: Bell;504828
Define the perfect character.

Optimus Christ

Reply #3491 Posted: August 06, 2007, 03:42:45 pm

Offline nzjeebs

• Addicted
  • nzjeebs has no influence.
Quote from: KiLL3r;504068
just needs to be posted

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1899/lolfc8.jpg

Reply #3492 Posted: August 06, 2007, 03:49:14 pm
aka Jeebs

Offline Poos

• Just settled in
  • Poos has no influence.
Quote from: Simon_NZ;504853
Optimus Christ

Rofl - Nice

Reply #3493 Posted: August 06, 2007, 04:14:47 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
Quote from: KiLL3r;504068
just needs to be posted
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9745/1186289054163sq1.jpg

ha

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/8759/1171878987984wg1.jpg

Reply #3494 Posted: August 06, 2007, 04:19:15 pm

Offline Poos

• Just settled in
  • Poos has no influence.

Reply #3495 Posted: August 06, 2007, 04:41:30 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
lolz

But anyway back to my rant on Mithra, and some supporting evidence.  jfgi

Mithraism was the major competitor of Christianity at the time. Until Constantine adopted Christianity, syphoned all the customs from Mithraism and then outlawed it.

I suppose the whole thing was probably very similar to when Darth Vadar took out the Jedi order.

"A young Emperor named Constantine, who was a pupil of Mithra until he turned to evil, helped the Christians hunt down and destroy Mithraism. He betrayed and murdered the religion."

Reply #3496 Posted: August 06, 2007, 05:17:28 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: dirtyape;504952
"A young Emperor named Constantine, who was a pupil of Mithra until he turned to evil, helped the Christians hunt down and destroy Mithraism. He betrayed and murdered the religion."

Congratulations on creating the most awesome image ever in my mind.

Reply #3497 Posted: August 06, 2007, 07:26:42 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Reply #3498 Posted: August 06, 2007, 09:02:28 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
^^^
I made the Mithra/Mothra joke on page 115.
But your photo is way better than mine :(

Reply #3499 Posted: August 06, 2007, 09:11:16 pm