Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
the theory of my logic was stolen from douglas adams bistromathic drive.

Reply #3700 Posted: October 08, 2007, 10:41:26 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!

Reply #3701 Posted: October 08, 2007, 10:43:09 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
Quote from: DEATH0WL;562200
That would be the easy way out of being trapped in the corner really.

Welcome back! However it'll probably be gone again soon, people are tired of the Ultimate battle by the looks of it...

not really tired of it, its more of a lack of any challengers at all.

anyone know some good christians forums?

Reply #3702 Posted: October 08, 2007, 11:25:04 pm

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;562199
hmm, the problem is inconsistancy in religion and intelligent deisgn.

what applys to one does not apply to another.

which is the common problem, in science and math, you have consistancy.

in science if you add 1 to a number, you get the next number.

1+1 = 2

2+1 = 3

8+1 = 9

in religion 1 and 2 are excusive, they might for all fact be the same, but because it doesnt fit with the theory they're said to be different.

therefore we can say in intelligent deisgn that

1+1 = 8

2+1 = 369,422.00381

8+1 = 0062.-91

double zero sixty two point negative ninety one.

therefore religion will allow us to travel to the edge of space, our ship is x big, has y many people, and is moving at z speed, the distance we need to travel is a, the time it takes is t

t = x + y x z / a

t = 500 + 3 x 62 / 300,000,000

t = last week

therefore when we reach a nebula (which ive heard is where heaven was relocated to when we managed to get above the clouds) we will find nothing there but gravity fields to ruin our faces and a realization that we've been had for the passed 2 thousand years.

i believe in a more spiritual being, though science may not ever prove this.

science alone i well say now, will and can not sustain us.

Reply #3703 Posted: October 09, 2007, 12:32:06 am
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: KiLL3r;562293

The only one I found that was even really active was full of fundamentalists who got hung up on issues like "should we listen to the new Fall Out Boy CD". At that point I closed my account and never went back. The only other one I belong to is pretty active, NZ based, but its not really about discussing the heavy issues - more like "did you hear this" or "what did you think of this" type discussion.

As much as it pains me to say it, Christians all over the web don't much care for sticking up for themselves or their God. Evidently its better to get hung up on little inconsequential, nonsensical semantics of life, like the new Fall Out Boy CD.

Reply #3704 Posted: October 09, 2007, 08:02:13 am

Offline GoatSlayer

• Devoted Member
  • GoatSlayer has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;562431

As much as it pains me to say it, Christians all over the web don't much care for sticking up for themselves or their God. Evidently its better to get hung up on little inconsequential, nonsensical semantics of life, like the new Fall Out Boy CD.

And thats why I think you are a good dude Flea. You've stuck up for yourself and your beliefs the whole way through this torrent of shit we call religion vs science.

Reply #3705 Posted: October 09, 2007, 08:55:56 am

Q: What is a gentleman?
A: A man who can play the accordion, but doesn\'t.

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: KiLL3r;562293

Orkut, Atheist vs Theist. Always lots of atheists and theists. And the odd bit of humour like this post:

Quote from: Soul (from Orkut, Atheist vs Theist forum)
Question for theists...
This question is mainly for people from those religions which are fine with its devotees havin non-veg food(mainly non-hindus, if I am not wrong)

I am an adult with strong sexual desires. I was so alone, isolated in a place where no female lives. To satisfy my sexual feelings, I 'did' with a Female Goat.

Now I'm Hungry and I've nothing to eat. I decided to eat the same goat which I had sex with .

Is that fine, according to your religion??

Reply #3706 Posted: October 09, 2007, 02:26:23 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: Soul (from Orkut, Atheist vs Theist forum)
Question for theists...
This question is mainly for people from those religions which are fine with its devotees havin non-veg food(mainly non-hindus, if I am not wrong)

I am an adult with strong sexual desires. I was so alone, isolated in a place where no female lives. To satisfy my sexual feelings, I 'did' with a Female Goat.

Now I'm Hungry and I've nothing to eat. I decided to eat the same goat which I had sex with .

Is that fine, according to your religion??

I can think of a comparable sexual practice between 2 humans :chuckle:

Reply #3707 Posted: October 09, 2007, 03:35:51 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.
Sex education in my RE class is still going. It's SO FUCKING BIASED!

I swear if I could I'd be all active against it but that would get me kicked out of school :(

And she goes on about how if a guy has sex with a girl who was consenting and then she decides she wasn't comfortable with it, it's rape!

Oh for fucks sake! What if I'm not comfortable with I girl I might have slept with the previous night, is that rape?

And also she wrote on the board the other day: "Sex is not real unless your in a relationship!"

And she did underline it. I'm sorry I just have to rant about her, I hate her! I hate her! I hate her!

Reply #3708 Posted: October 09, 2007, 06:46:10 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: DEATH0WL;562926
Sex education in my RE class is still going. It's SO FUCKING BIASED!

I swear if I could I'd be all active against it but that would get me kicked out of school :(

And she goes on about how if a guy has sex with a girl who was consenting and then she decides she wasn't comfortable with it, it's rape!

Oh for fucks sake! What if I'm not comfortable with I girl I might have slept with the previous night, is that rape?

And also she wrote on the board the other day: "Sex is not real unless your in a relationship!"

And she did underline it. I'm sorry I just have to rant about her, I hate her! I hate her! I hate her!

Play the minority card.

"Men can be raped to, the poor attitude held by New Zealand society only makes it harder for these VICTIMS (Victims is a great word when you're playing minority card) to come foward. The ignorance (Look at the teacher and emphasise this word) held by many can result in various mental health problems.  Many men who have been RAPED, find the this ignorance held by females to be too much and may fall further victims to depression and suicide. Two major problems prevalent in New Zealand."

Of course, if you were to spiel on like that, everyone will think you were raped.

Alternatively respond to the 'Sex is not real unless you're in a relationship' with:

"I was in a relationship with her, but we ended it after 30 minutes."

Reply #3709 Posted: October 09, 2007, 06:55:05 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
Quote from: Hori;562938
Of course, if you were to spiel on like that, everyone will think you were raped.

They thought that for awhile once. I had the teacher sit down in front of me and ask in a very serious voice "We're you raped?". The answers no if your wondering.

The reason they thought that is that I got completely smashed, lost a few hours and this has never happened to one of my mates who got jealous and started shouting out that I'd been raped and this was picked up by the rest of the class.

But seriously though, what the fuck is with this attitude! Might as well saying that if a girl dressed slutty and was raped, then she deserved it. I'm disappointed with anybody who supports this view towards rape crimes against males.

Reply #3710 Posted: October 09, 2007, 07:03:41 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: Hori;562938
Alternatively respond to the 'Sex is not real unless you're in a relationship' with:

"I was in a relationship with her, but we ended it after 30 seconds."

Fixed ;)

Reply #3711 Posted: October 09, 2007, 10:01:33 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: Hori;563123
I was in a relationship with her, but she ended it after 30 seconds, she took half my assets and left me out in the cold.

"Still, I'd like to think theres a little part of me that is still with her."

:D

Reply #3712 Posted: October 10, 2007, 09:07:10 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;563351
"Still, I'd like to think theres a little part of me that is still with her."

:D

and heres hoping that that little part isnt still there in 9 months time....

Reply #3713 Posted: October 10, 2007, 10:38:54 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
heathens, you pollute this thread which stands for truth and reason in face of neanderthallic religious dogmaticism.

this is science vs religion, there is no place for humour!

hang your heads in shame

Reply #3714 Posted: October 10, 2007, 01:49:45 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted

Reply #3715 Posted: October 10, 2007, 02:38:14 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: dirtyape;563558
heathens, you pollute this thread which stands for truth and reason in face of neanderthallic religious dogmaticism.

this is science vs religion, there is no place for humour!

hang your heads in shame

Religion is humour! :P

And I least I don't pollute this thread with poor English.

Reply #3716 Posted: October 10, 2007, 03:17:20 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
Quote from: Hori;563643
Religion is humour! :P

And I least I don't pollute this thread with poor English.

the force is strong with this one

Reply #3717 Posted: October 10, 2007, 03:52:04 pm

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.

Reply #3718 Posted: October 23, 2007, 05:41:31 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
This thread never dies. Like Jesus, and so many myths, it dies and is resurrected. Is it then the son of god? Will this thread be worshipped by future generations?

I doubt there are any religious types still reading this, but anyway, here's something for you guys to chew on.

Jesus is just one of many dozens of Solar myths. Solar? Yes, Solar. You see Jesus is actually the sun, the most revered and powerful object to man.

Jesus, born on dec 25? So was Horus. So was Mithra. So was Buddha. So was god knows how many others. Why that day? Well, you see on Dec 25th the brightest star in the east, Sirius, aligns with the stars in Orion's belt, the alignment points to where the sun will rise. So, the, on dec 25 the sun is born. The light of the world is born, so to speak.

Guess what the three stars in Orion's belt are called? The three kings. How many other mythical figures were born on Dec 25, and were visited by three wise men/kings/magi? Lots.

Jesus is just one of the dozens of mythical solar figures.

In fact, your entire religion is a lie. A social control mechanism conjured up by Romans (Constantine) in order to control the population of his failing empire. It worked wonders initially, and then gave rise to such epic human endeavours as the dark ages, the crusades, the inquisition, and American fundamentalism.

Bravo.

Off course most Christians are far too brain washed to even consider anything that suggests their invisible space giant slave lord does not exist, and likely consider this as nothing but blasphemy.

It probably makes them angry.

There is a interesting doco, not only on all i have mentioned above, but also on lots of other things.

Zulu echo indigo tango golf echo indigo sierra tango.

Reply #3719 Posted: October 23, 2007, 06:47:32 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
i was thinking the other day.

I should claim myself as the second comming.

i mean, he was supose to return 2000 years later....I'm close enough but what's to stop christians from believing me?

it's not like the need proof of anything else they believe in.

Reply #3720 Posted: October 23, 2007, 06:56:09 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline gotrush

• Devoted Member
  • gotrush has no influence.
as long as you can sell it right, they will add it to the bible and take out anythng else from the "Originals" that would prove otherwise orconflict with anypart.

Reply #3721 Posted: October 23, 2007, 09:13:19 pm

Offline cnvrt02

• Addicted
  • cnvrt02 has no influence.
you know the ones that claim they are not the nutters, you know the ones that go around prasing the lord etc etc (by that i mean to an extreme), Wait lemme start this again

You think of your self as greater, but the funny thing is u are just the oposite of what they are, yet you try to think of your self as a much better person.

the funny thing i find is that how most of you go on about how stupid they are to not listen and not understand what you believe, yet you do the same thing... who is the stupid one here i can't really say.... irony in the debate science vs religion is amazing....

Reply #3722 Posted: October 23, 2007, 11:29:08 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
Mormon door knockers are quite funny really.

They wake you at some stupid hour to catch you off guard then they start employing the "foot in the door" technique.

They say what they think etc. then invite you to "just give it a go". It's not a cult, just a social gathering.

Got to be wary of people using that, used by more people than door knockers.

Reply #3723 Posted: October 23, 2007, 11:36:07 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Quote from: DEATH0WL;575504
Mormon door knockers are quite funny really.

They wake you at some stupid hour to catch you off guard then they start employing the "foot in the door" technique.

They say what they think etc. then invite you to "just give it a go". It's not a cult, just a social gathering.

Got to be wary of people using that, used by more people than door knockers.

I haven't had door-knocking zealots in a long time (not since I moved house), I do recall one group, though not their doctrine, who arrived at my door advertising faith.

Something along the lines of this:

"Do you want to live a long life, fulfilled spiritually? Do you want to go to heaven? Do you want to be a moral and humble person?"

To which I replied

"Do you take American Express?"

... They didn't....perhaps if they were Scientologists.... ( Or Je... I'll keep it G-rated)

Reply #3724 Posted: October 23, 2007, 11:43:18 pm