Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
^fragin', well written, it's a shame this will be wasted on the christians, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Reply #3850 Posted: October 28, 2007, 02:32:18 am

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-collectables/Other/auction-124098849.htm

Religous people are suckers. 30k for a freaken pebble with dried bird shit on it! cmon

Reply #3851 Posted: October 29, 2007, 05:08:23 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.
Quote from: KiLL3r;580374
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-collectables/Other/auction-124098849.htm

Religous people are suckers. 30k for a freaken pebble with dried bird shit on it! cmon

Looks to be a charitable auction, rather than just a rock with a shape similar to that of pictures of a religious figure.

Reply #3852 Posted: October 29, 2007, 05:14:01 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: DEATH0WL;580382
Looks to be a charitable auction, rather than just a rock with a shape similar to that of pictures of a religious figure.

YOU! BACK OFF PLEASE? I HAVE NEVER STATED OR WRITTEN THAT I WILL BE DONATING THE ENTIRE PROCEEDS OF THIS AUCTION TO CHARITY. THE REASON I AM SELLING IS BECAUSE I NEED TO GET BACK ON MY FEET FINANCIALLY AND SELLING THE PEBBLE WILL HELP. THIS AUCTION IS ABOUT IMPROVING MY FINANCIAL SITUATION.... WHAT IS IT WITH YOU PEOPLE????? WHAT I DO WITH THE MONEY IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!..  2:09 pm, Mon 29 Oct

she sounds real charitable

Reply #3853 Posted: October 29, 2007, 05:16:11 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
Quote from: KiLL3r;580384
YOU! BACK OFF PLEASE? I HAVE NEVER STATED OR WRITTEN THAT I WILL BE DONATING THE ENTIRE PROCEEDS OF THIS AUCTION TO CHARITY. THE REASON I AM SELLING IS BECAUSE I NEED TO GET BACK ON MY FEET FINANCIALLY AND SELLING THE PEBBLE WILL HELP. THIS AUCTION IS ABOUT IMPROVING MY FINANCIAL SITUATION.... WHAT IS IT WITH YOU PEOPLE????? WHAT I DO WITH THE MONEY IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!..  2:09 pm, Mon 29 Oct

she sounds real charitable

Oh well... right...

Reading the rest of the comments, it's rather comical

"I'm pretty sure the pebble resembles Mr. Blobby, not the Virgin Mary. http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/d/d4/BlobbyProud.jpeg"

"No shit shirlock, it is a rust stain on a pebble and to me it resembles a image of the virgin Mary. Is your village missing it's idiot? ( You! ) "

"Hi I didnt know the virgin merry was stoned..."

"goodness, did any of you out there who are attacking this woman STOP to think that JUST MAYBE THIS IS A SIGN FROM GOD?!?! that she would sell to donate to charities? possibly because there is lack of donations or what not!!! And so what if she decides to spend some on herself, she's a very smart woman & I would probably do the same too .... even donate to my own church right b4 I splash out bigtime on my family & ME ME ME!!!! :D"

What's wrong with this thread? It's page 127 but it says there's 128!

Reply #3854 Posted: October 29, 2007, 06:26:18 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.

Reply #3855 Posted: October 29, 2007, 07:04:01 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
I'm thinking either VB has bugged out, or there are posts here from users who have had their posting abilities removed and all their posts have been set mod only.

As for the trademe auction. Morons paying other morons for shit. It's human nature to see patterns.

Reply #3856 Posted: October 29, 2007, 07:05:14 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: DEATH0WL;580488
What's wrong with this thread? It's page 127 but it says there's 128!

yeah i noticed too. be funny if the forum software counted the pages in 1 byte.

Reply #3857 Posted: October 29, 2007, 08:33:21 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
If she wants to sell a rock with some dirt on it.. and people are willing to pay then i dont see why everyone is having a big emo at her over it.

People cried less over the chick trying to sell her police fine.

Though of course, if you wanted to do this you could just find a regular pebble and somehow stick a somewhat resemblance of a religious figure on it with dirt or whatever. Easiest 30k ever made.

Reply #3858 Posted: October 29, 2007, 09:11:53 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
I just noticed my posts have disappeared... ah well.

Guess I shouldn't get so fussed over it then, instead worry about other things...

However I can guarantee we aren't talking about the same schools.

Enough of this, I'm taking a break from posting in this thread. It's a naturally controversial topic, but it's just too controversial if you ask me.

Reply #3859 Posted: October 29, 2007, 10:12:05 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: DEATH0WL;580721
I just noticed my posts have disappeared...

Act of God.
 (Or is that Mod?)

Reply #3860 Posted: October 29, 2007, 10:14:37 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: KiLL3r;578818
sensing murder is all rigged. Just like target everything is exaggerated to get more viewers.

I will never ever believe in that shit. You can smell how bs that show is as soon as it comes on.

Seriously.

Who buys that crap?

Reply #3861 Posted: October 29, 2007, 10:17:43 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
Lots of people buy that crap, i don't myself though. Think its all a load of bs.

Reply #3862 Posted: October 29, 2007, 10:53:02 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;582407
Much like aliens, if Bigfoot actually was walking around in the wilderness, I think we would have had more contact with him - especially since he's wandering around in the wilderness of the USA, which is highly developed. Where are the dead bodies? The abandoned nests? etc.

(not, I'm not categorically saying neither of these things exist; just that in the digital age, where everyone has video cameras, digital cameras, cellphones with cameras built in, we still haven't seen conclusive evidence of this stuff)

from a different thread - discuss

Reply #3863 Posted: November 01, 2007, 03:29:23 am

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
I see a hairy bastard half way on its journey to evolving into a human from what it once was - a regular ape. Since "bigfoot" is pretty much the middle step between apes and humans then surely there's gotta be some substance to the myth.

Reply #3864 Posted: November 01, 2007, 05:35:52 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: DDM;580754
Lots of people buy that crap, i don't myself though. Think its all a load of bs.

People said similar things when a heliocentric model of the solar system was suggested.

If you disbelieve such then thats your prerogative, but realise that you are making your decision based on what exactly?

Fact is we don't understand what thought is and most importantly how it works in relation to time. So saying stuff like this CANNOT occur is unjustified.

Reply #3865 Posted: November 01, 2007, 11:08:20 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: dirtyape;582554
So saying stuff like this CANNOT occur is unjustified.

That should really be the motto for this thread.

Reply #3866 Posted: November 01, 2007, 11:15:33 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline krasher

• Addicted
  • krasher has no influence.

Reply #3867 Posted: November 01, 2007, 12:11:41 pm
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640

Offline Arnifix

Quote from: krasher;582632
I agree.

In general though, Christians use this logic as some kind of proof that science says God exists.

Reply #3868 Posted: November 01, 2007, 12:25:44 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
Quote from: Arnifix;582646
In general though, Christians use this logic as some kind of proof that science says God exists.

Yeah, both atheists and theists incorrectly use that logic to justify their assertions.

The atheistic straw man arguments such as the invisible teapot, pink unicorns, and the tooth fairy are intellectually dishonest. For one there is no evidence for or against the existence of such entities so they are purely fictional.

God on the other hand, is defined as being the creator of the universe. Thus the reason for considering God's possible existence is the fact that the universe itself exists.

Whether God actually created the universe or not is irrelevant. You simply cannot make a decision either way without making an assumption. So the only option is to refrain from making a decision.

And for the Atheists reading this that revile at the suggestion of the possible existence of god, be aware that I am not referencing any mythical entity such as Yehwah or Allah. Plain and simple, god is defined as a potential reason for existence. Nothing more. Religion be damned.

Reply #3869 Posted: November 01, 2007, 12:58:27 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline enile8

• Devoted Member
  • enile8 has no influence.
John 1:1--"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God." In the original Aramaic text, that word was Yahweh or Jehovah, which means light and love. We've twisted it to mean this guy with a beard passing judgement, but it's not. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was Love and Light; infinite, unconditional, and without judgement. At that point you can pretty much close the book, you know?

Just thought this Maynard James Keenan quote would go well here.

Reply #3870 Posted: November 01, 2007, 01:22:34 pm

Offline krasher

• Addicted
  • krasher has no influence.

Reply #3871 Posted: November 01, 2007, 01:41:47 pm
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: krasher;582721
Cool quote. I like it.

Genesis 1:3. Then God said, "Let there be light"; and Chuck Norris said "Say Please"

Reply #3872 Posted: November 01, 2007, 02:46:10 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted

Reply #3873 Posted: November 01, 2007, 02:48:05 pm

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
after 10 pages of catching up all i can say is, Ape on the rampage!

Reply #3874 Posted: November 02, 2007, 04:52:27 pm
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you