Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: SpineSnapper;619034
Religion.

Edit: yes there are many scientific facts, but the amount of them that coincide with the bible is amazingly high.

can you explain?

if you are saying the bible has modern scientific theories in it then why didn't jesus run around preaching love and quantum physics?

Reply #3950 Posted: December 22, 2007, 03:13:12 am

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Evolution may be accelerating.

And cobra, I think he's trying to say that religion wins, with nothing to back this idea up, as per the norm.

Reply #3951 Posted: December 22, 2007, 04:18:32 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Religion.

Edit: yes there are many scientific facts, but the amount of them that coincide with the bible is amazingly high.

Examples would be ideal, nay necessary.

But I say Bunkum!

Reply #3952 Posted: December 22, 2007, 07:03:55 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Arnifix;619060
Evolution may be accelerating

Not if the quality of debate in here is anything to go by.

Reply #3953 Posted: December 22, 2007, 08:16:47 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Religion.

Yes it is truly portentious how many so-called 'scientific' facts can actually be found in the Bible!

The Earth goes around the sun, women are twice as unclean as men, treat your slaves right, always commit genocide in the name of God(because he wants you to), dont go to church and foreskins are evil.

Reply #3954 Posted: December 22, 2007, 09:09:34 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: TofuEater;619079
Not if the quality of debate in here is anything to go by.

Why? Because those of us who've already spent countless hours trying to inform people about scientific process and fact don't want to repeat ourselves over and over again?

Reply #3955 Posted: December 22, 2007, 04:16:51 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
so you're saying the reason I have to work 12 hour days is because 2000 years ago some romans nailed a jewish fella to a cross?

Reply #3956 Posted: December 23, 2007, 12:06:45 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;619553
so you're saying the reason I have to work 12 hour days is because 2000 years ago some romans nailed a jewish fella to a cross?

An Invisible Jewish Zombie at that!

Reply #3957 Posted: December 23, 2007, 09:02:41 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
well there is a bigger religion.. $

Reply #3958 Posted: December 23, 2007, 12:06:27 pm

Offline SirGrimNZ

• Just settled in
  • SirGrimNZ has no influence.
At least some of the Big bang theory can be proven.
The Bible states god said some "stuff" and the planets apeared..right.

Ok as it stands,there is only one element found on Earth which can NOT be created by the Earth's natural processes,and it's Uranium.

Scientists already know that uranium can only be produced from an explosion FAAAAAR greater than any on earth has ever occured,meaning that quite simply either Earth was created from an explosions,or aliens brought Uranium here ,and stuck it under the ground.

Reply #3959 Posted: December 23, 2007, 12:13:21 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: SirGrimNZ;619653
At least some of the Big bang theory can be proven.
The Bible states god said some "stuff" and the planets apeared..right.

Ok as it stands,there is only one element found on Earth which can NOT be created by the Earth's natural processes,and it's Uranium.

Scientists already know that uranium can only be produced from an explosion FAAAAAR greater than any on earth has ever occured,meaning that quite simply either Earth was created from an explosions,or aliens brought Uranium here ,and stuck it under the ground.

:spacecraf

Reply #3960 Posted: December 23, 2007, 01:11:23 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline Arnifix

Reply #3961 Posted: December 24, 2007, 01:45:49 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Arnifix;620306
Link to WSJ.

Link to Fox News

if you're in this thread and you didnt know about yule then gtfo

Reply #3962 Posted: December 24, 2007, 07:27:52 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Arnifix

Quote from: Bounty Hunter;620459
if you're in this thread and you didnt know about yule then gtfo

It's old news, was just linking to wind up whingers who want us to stop taking the Christ out of Christmas.

Reply #3963 Posted: December 24, 2007, 08:48:00 pm

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
Someone negged me for calling Jesus a fraud in the xmas thread. How lame is that.

Reply #3964 Posted: December 24, 2007, 11:40:31 pm
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
Quote from: Fragin';620558
Someone negged me for calling Jesus a fraud in the xmas thread. How lame is that.

i guess the truth hurts some people

Reply #3965 Posted: December 24, 2007, 11:47:21 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: Fragin';620558

that is turning the other cheek i think, or maybe love for all man kind (lol gay)

Reply #3966 Posted: December 25, 2007, 12:35:00 am

Offline Santa Claus

• Just settled in
  • Santa Claus has no influence.
It was just a joke.

It was a fuckin joke!!!!

Reply #3967 Posted: December 25, 2007, 12:47:02 am

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
It was just a joke.

It was a fuckin joke!!!!

Reply #3968 Posted: December 25, 2007, 12:47:49 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Wow, this thread got fixed up for Christmas. Now it's gonna take us another 131 pages to work out who did it. :eek:

Reply #3969 Posted: December 25, 2007, 04:43:12 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!

Reply #3970 Posted: December 27, 2007, 02:34:51 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: INmOTION;621603
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Awwww, did i upset someones poor wittle religious belief's for posting a link to this movie ?

Awwww.

Reply #3971 Posted: December 27, 2007, 04:24:32 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.

Reply #3972 Posted: December 27, 2007, 04:31:10 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Zarathrustra;621628
No, but your dirty copypasta upsets me! :p

http://forums.iconzarena.co.nz/showpost.php?p=506742&postcount=3443

Merry Xmas btw everyone :D

Yeah well, in my defense, i am not going to search through 100+ pages looking for something that may already have been posted earlier, and no one is going to see what you posted either, seeing as it is so many posts back. (something like 500 odd posts earlier)

And 2ndly, i did a search, and it only found a post made by Fragin that mentioned http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/.

ICONZ search feature is fail.

Reply #3973 Posted: December 27, 2007, 05:12:51 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.
Yeah, I had a bitch of a time trying to find the post I made.  The search function failed miserably.

A repost was certainly a good idea regardless. :)

Reply #3974 Posted: December 27, 2007, 07:36:06 pm