• Chilli has no influence.
^Yup lol!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z150/Rehab_010/anger.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

( He was just another dude psyche.)

Reply #5200 Posted: May 30, 2008, 11:50:31 pm
♣ Free Tampons ♣

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: psyche;726139
Hitler wasn't anything dude, just a deranged madman; plain and simple. He miscontrued religion as propoganda to sway his people in public, but I wouldn't say he was atheist or religious to be honest, just a crazy sonofabitch. Not even worth thinking about. Have you seen Der Untergang? The whole fucking German country were a bunch of loons back then. Or the whole Third Reich atleast.

What, like the entire clergy in the dark ages?

Reply #5201 Posted: May 31, 2008, 01:06:18 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline 3viction

• Addicted
  • 3viction has no influence.
"When god created the world there probably would have been some kind of big bang"

Reply #5202 Posted: May 31, 2008, 01:11:18 pm
snprkd

Offline psyche

• Just settled in
  • psyche has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;726578
What, like the entire clergy in the dark ages?

Fuckin hell, do you actually try to be a complete moron or does it just come naturally to you?

Quote from: Chillipepper;726368

( He was just another dude psyche.)

Oh okay, so Jesus was 'just another dude' because you and your silly picture say so. Well, thanks for that enlightening bit of information.

Reply #5203 Posted: May 31, 2008, 02:52:59 pm
The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms, this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness. -Einstein

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: psyche;726650

Oh okay, so Jesus was 'just another dude' because you and your silly picture say so. Well, thanks for that enlightening bit of information.

He is something special just because you and some silly religious people say so. Your point?

Reply #5204 Posted: May 31, 2008, 02:55:17 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline psyche

• Just settled in
There must have been something special about him otherwise no-one would still be talking about him to this day and he wouldn't be such an iconic figure in history, would he? The dates and years of our history are based on his life and death ffs.

Honestly though, some of the shit that gets posted here makes me wants to stab a rusty fork into my brain. Where the hell do you people get your education, the University of Monkeys?

Reply #5205 Posted: May 31, 2008, 02:59:05 pm
The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms, this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness. -Einstein

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Professor Cheetah

Teaching creationism at Monkey University.

Reply #5206 Posted: May 31, 2008, 03:44:15 pm

Offline psyche

• Just settled in
Hey, how about get fucked you cat-loving weirdo.

Reply #5207 Posted: May 31, 2008, 03:51:43 pm

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.

Reply #5208 Posted: May 31, 2008, 03:55:57 pm

Offline psyche

• Just settled in
lol, fuck Zarkov, he can eat a dick. Though i'm sure he does on a regular basis anyway.

Reply #5209 Posted: May 31, 2008, 04:00:31 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: psyche;726690
lol, fuck Zarkov, he can eat a dick. Though i'm sure he does on a regular basis anyway.

Just flat out IP ban this jerk. He has had so much leniency with is behaviour. Let him argue his stupid perspectives to a screen that reads "you have been banned due to being a douchebag".

Reply #5210 Posted: May 31, 2008, 04:15:37 pm

Offline psyche

• Just settled in
Oh yes please. Maybe while you're at it you can get down and polish my knob for me too.

Seriously though, someone who comes into a discussion like this with absolutely nothing intelligent to contribute except being a douchebag deserves a bit of abuse in return. If he had actually put in some effort to contribute his own opinions, thoughts or beliefs to the discussion like I have then sweet as then he might be justified in his criticisms, but he hasn't, so fuck him.

Reply #5211 Posted: May 31, 2008, 04:29:18 pm

Offline 3viction

• Addicted
  • 3viction has no influence.
From what I have read all you seem to do is mock everyone elses opinions and use silly little words which make you think your cool. Your 6 red bars prove you aren't & soon so will the little tag that says "suspended".

Reply #5212 Posted: May 31, 2008, 05:14:46 pm
snprkd

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
psyche's having some quiet time.

Reply #5213 Posted: May 31, 2008, 05:59:19 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;726765
psyche's having some quiet time.

Big ups, big guy.

Oh, and cheers for answering some of my queries, Flea.

I saw an amazingly beautiful girl when i was in town today. I turned to my mate and said "who was that magical creature" He said "Oh she's the blah blah blah" i then replied with a "oh wow, that's cool" to which i followed up with "Now, when you see and speak to girls as elegantly attractive and so sweet as that, it makes you think that maybe there is a God."

Reply #5214 Posted: May 31, 2008, 06:08:30 pm

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: psyche;726650
Fuckin hell, do you actually try to be a complete moron or does it just come naturally to you?

How about some rebuttle instead of rhetoric.

Spoiler :
http://www.gpforums.co.nz/images/smilies/urgh.gif
Oh, we're an import from GP forums.
This makes more sense now.

Quote from: psyche;726658
There must have been something special about him otherwise no-one would still be talking about him to this day and he wouldn't be such an iconic figure in history, would he? The dates and years of our history are based on his life and death ffs.

Special like Charles Manson, or L. Ron Hubbard?
Dates are based around that because our society was (and still is) very Christian dominated.

I think you'll find that in other places (China for example) they have their own dating system.

And I think you'll find that our years are based around the earths solar cycle.
Just as months are based around the lunar cycle.

Why do I get the feeling that psyche is the night time name of one of our prominent parlimentary politicians?

Reply #5215 Posted: May 31, 2008, 07:58:59 pm

Offline Chilli

• Addicted
  • Chilli has no influence.
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;726652
He is something special just because you and some silly religious people say so. Your point?

Thanks woo. I think he missed the point there.

Psyche what I meant as to place that cartoon was that imo Jesus was just another man who had his head screwed on right in a world at that time where the average person was basically a nutter. A world when they were all worshipping bulls, lightening bushes, whatever...he came along and basically in our way today said WTF!!!?

Humans like to be lead, they love leaders, Jesus Christ was different yes, intelligent yes but no more than anyone can be today.
On that, I don't know as any here, if there's an after life with 'shiny gold streets', would be cool if there is, but as my life goes on and my years pass and all the things is see etc I get more in doubt about this so called afterlife, heaven or what ever you wish to call it.
I hope there is just that.
I think deep down most here think that too, but we're only going on what we experience in our day to day world. It aint looking like those gold streets sadly. Fingers crossed there is though....somewhere.

Id like to think we're more than just advanced cells on a rock.

Reply #5216 Posted: June 01, 2008, 12:42:08 am
♣ Free Tampons ♣

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
check through this thread to see the discussion on the historical Jesus.

It seems that he may not have been real, rather a fabrication!

Reply #5217 Posted: June 01, 2008, 03:33:12 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Significant portions of the jesus story appear in other myths of the time and earlier.

Christianity was a minor cult until Constantine converted. It then became embedded in Europe and built a significant power base during the dark ages. This form was exported during the time of European colonisation of the rest of the world. Outside those nations Jesus is largely irrelevant.

The historical and cultural lineage that embeds Christianity as the dominant god myth in western cultures and their former colonies is clear.

From within, Christianity may be perceived truth, but from without, it's just another in a  long history of single religions dominating various cultures. It doesn't take a long study of religious history to put current myths in perspective.

Reply #5218 Posted: June 01, 2008, 04:11:09 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: INmOTION;726773
"Now, when you see and speak to girls as elegantly attractive and so sweet as that, it makes you think that maybe there is a God."

why?

Reply #5219 Posted: June 02, 2008, 11:43:27 pm

Offline Pyromanik

Because god loves sexy women.

Same reason men design games with characters like this:

Reply #5220 Posted: June 03, 2008, 07:49:54 am

Offline Benji77

• Addicted
  • Benji77 has no influence.

Reply #5221 Posted: June 03, 2008, 08:07:50 am
Arrrr!!! I\'m a Pirate!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: cobra;728141
why?

It was just that seeing something so beautiful and mesmerizing, something like that couldn't possibly of been left to chance.

Just like a beautiful painting has to have a brilliant artist to of made it.

I'm just toying with the idea. I don't actually believe it.

Reply #5222 Posted: June 03, 2008, 09:33:43 am

Offline Pyromanik

Though provocation!

I loves it.

Reply #5223 Posted: June 03, 2008, 09:43:55 am

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: INmOTION;728226
It was just that seeing something so beautiful and mesmerizing, something like that couldn't possibly of been left to chance.

damn you and psyche using chance incorrectly - you dont think that men finding woman sexually attractive would be a trait that was beneficial for natural selection?

Reply #5224 Posted: June 03, 2008, 02:23:54 pm