Offline nzr_hotsexgary

• Just settled in
  • nzr_hotsexgary has no influence.

Reply #6050 Posted: December 25, 2008, 08:29:13 am

Offline UppityDuck

• Addicted
  • UppityDuck has no influence.
God is a cunt....and I'll say it again.

Why 'create' a world and populate it, only to have one of the inhabitants stuff it up.

Surely God would try to fix the wound...or is he really a heartless, impotent old bastard...

yep, I'm pretty fucked off with religion.

Ignorant bastards :finger:

Reply #6051 Posted: December 29, 2008, 12:49:13 pm
A mere friend will agree with you, but a real friend will argue.

Russian Proverb

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: UppityDuck;860997

Why 'create' a world and populate it, only to have one ofthe inhabitants stuff it up.

Surely God would try to fix the wound...or is he really a heartless, impotent old bastard...

Lol using the devil though xD

Im pretty happy being non-religious. It is scary, yes, but as aleister put it.. it faces the facts of life :asian:

Reply #6052 Posted: December 29, 2008, 02:22:37 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
If someone were to make a perfect simulation of our universe, when would it crash?

Reply #6053 Posted: December 29, 2008, 02:29:51 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: mattnz;861037
If someone were to make a perfect simulation of our universe, when would it crash?

Too many people surely
that or when the people in the simulation find out they are in a simulation!

Reply #6054 Posted: December 29, 2008, 02:32:08 pm

Offline UppityDuck

• Addicted
Quote from: Eifersucht;861036
Lol using the devil though xD

Im pretty happy being non-religious. It is scary, yes, but as aleister put it.. it faces the facts of life :asian:

Yes, but to believe in 'the devil' is to believe in 'god', by proxy and necessary definition...Aleister's interesting, I prefer Eliphas Levi, or Arthur Edward Waite for sheer readability lol

Reply #6055 Posted: December 29, 2008, 02:34:50 pm

Russian Proverb

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: UppityDuck;861040
Yes, but to believe in 'the devil' is to believe in 'god', by proxy and necessary definition...Aleister's interesting, I prefer Eliphas Levi, or Arthur Edward Waite for sheer readability lol

Fair enough, I have read a bit of Levi, not Arthur though (I shall) :)
Some of Crowleys work is a bit heavy ..if not crazy, but there are some gems (hah.. pun "gems of the equinox") in some of his work

some

Reply #6056 Posted: December 29, 2008, 02:38:03 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
omg, I just gave positive rep to everyone on this page in the thread just so I could perhaps SPREAD some fucken rep around to give more to afro for that brilliant copypaste job .. made me and some guys at work fuckenlol

especially just the tip xD

ill give you some green love some other time brother :P

Reply #6057 Posted: December 29, 2008, 02:44:04 pm

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: Eifersucht;861039
Too many people surely
that or when the people in the simulation find out they are in a simulation!

Not then. The particles that make those people were being simulated since the beginning of the simulation.

Reply #6058 Posted: December 29, 2008, 02:49:44 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline UppityDuck

• Addicted
Quote from: Eifersucht;861043
Fair enough, I have read a bit of Levi, not Arthur though (I shall) :)

I have a copy of his (A.E. Waite) 'Book of Black Magic',  privately printed in 1898.  Has a black cloth-bound cover with: 'The Book of Black Magic' and 'Privately Printed' on it.
Got it from my Uncle. I think it may come from the Havelock North Temple, seeing as that was the only New Zealand outpost.
Fantastic illustrations!

google books link to preview

He designed some nice looking Tarot cards:

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/uppityduck/Albano-Waite.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

..and had some interesting illustrations regarding 'esoterica':

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/uppityduck/eliphaz-duad.jpg

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp132/uppityduck/mercurius-03-res.png

...but all in all, as much of a quack as the maigickal Crowley, Regardie and Lavey...and that's coming from a duck! :bounce:

Reply #6059 Posted: December 29, 2008, 03:13:10 pm

Russian Proverb

Jesus Christ

Quote from: cobra;845473
you cant prove that things dont exist - but you can look for evidence things would leave if they did exist - god does not provide any evidence - miracles dont happen on video tape and prayers dont work if you measure the results

Miracles and Prayers have nothing to do with God existing.

If God did exist, what kind of evidence would there be proving that he exists?

Reply #6060 Posted: December 29, 2008, 07:39:55 pm

Jesus Christ

Quote from: UppityDuck;860997

Why 'create' a world and populate it, only to have one of the inhabitants stuff it up.

What's stuffed up about the world?

Reply #6061 Posted: December 29, 2008, 07:46:27 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: Jesus Christ;861185
Miracles and Prayers have nothing to do with God existing.

If God did exist, what kind of evidence would there be proving that he exists?

if there is no evidence of something then that thing is exactly the same as no-thing, if god had a impact there would be evidence (something to separate gods influence from the laws of nature) and why even think about a god that has no impact

Reply #6062 Posted: December 29, 2008, 07:52:58 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.

Reply #6063 Posted: December 29, 2008, 07:53:24 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Jesus Christ

Quote from: cobra;861193
if there is no evidence of something then that thing is exactly the same as no-thing, if god had a impact there would be evidence (something to separate gods influence from the laws of nature) and why even think about a god that has no impact

If God created nature, then nature itself would be the evidence. However it would be impossible to tell as gods influence and nature would be one the same.

Maybe God created the universe then left it at that, after all, if he is all powerful, and can see the future, he would of created the universe the way he wanted to the first time, and there would be no reason to interfere with it.

So after creation, he would have no impact on us. However that's no reason to not think about him. Humans think about lots of things that have no impact on them, it's in our nature.

Reply #6064 Posted: December 29, 2008, 08:06:31 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Jesus Christ;861200
If God created nature, then nature itself would be the evidence. However it would be impossible to tell as gods influence and nature would be one the same.

Maybe God created the universe then left it at that, after all, if he is all powerful, and can see the future, he would of created the universe the way he wanted to the first time, and there would be no reason to interfere with it.

So after creation, he would have no impact on us. However that's no reason to not think about him. Humans think about lots of things that have no impact on them, it's in our nature.

so we should think about a god because the universe may or may not have been created by this uncaring being?, it is worth all the humanistic values that people attach to this god and all the ill done in this gods name on the very slim chance that the universe might have been created?

If you are in desperate need of thinking there are plenty of amazing things in this universe to think about and one of the beautiful aspects of science is exploring the wonders of existence around us, making up a creater and pondering about this is just a waste of thought

Reply #6065 Posted: December 29, 2008, 09:17:21 pm

Offline UppityDuck

• Addicted
Quote from: cobra;861256
so we should thing about a god because the universe may or may not have been created by this uncaring being?

ooooh...can I say god is a cunt, again?

:rnr:

Reply #6066 Posted: December 29, 2008, 09:28:16 pm

Russian Proverb

Offline WhiteRabbit

• Just settled in
  • WhiteRabbit has no influence.
i pose a simple quesion (without reading all 3,9844,677,262 Posts)

The universe is Finite in size however as science understands it it wil be infinite in time (ie it will forever grow)

if it has something infinite to grow into - it that not enough to be god ? something that created the finite universe of time and space that we see.

No body says he has to be a beardy old guy!

Reply #6067 Posted: December 29, 2008, 09:31:04 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: UppityDuck;861260
ooooh...can I say god is a cunt, again?

:rnr:

I'm still trying to figure out why you'd want a cunt for your god, although I must admit I've worshipped a few.....

Reply #6068 Posted: December 29, 2008, 09:31:26 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;861263
I'm still trying to figure out why you'd want a cunt for your god, although I must admit I've worshipped a few.....

Win :D

Reply #6069 Posted: December 29, 2008, 09:42:17 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
Quote from: WhiteRabbit;861262
i pose a simple quesion (without reading all 3,9844,677,262 Posts)

The universe is Finite in size however as science understands it it wil be infinite in time (ie it will forever grow)

if it has something infinite to grow into - it that not enough to be god ? something that created the finite universe of time and space that we see.

No body says he has to be a beardy old guy!

the universe may or may not grow forever, we dont know enough to guess.

what separates your idea of god from nothing? these recent ideas presented look exactly the same as no god, coincidence?

Reply #6070 Posted: December 29, 2008, 09:45:32 pm

Offline WhiteRabbit

• Just settled in
  • WhiteRabbit has no influence.
Quote from: cobra;861272
the universe may or may not grow forever, we dont know enough to guess.

what separates your idea of god from nothing? these recent ideas presented look exactly the same as no god, coincidence?

This is correct - however a lack of proof is not automatically a proof of lack - and this is the bigest thing that will keep god alive.

Situation 1 :

Man A : There is no god.
Man B : Proove it.
Man A : Well i cant really.
Man B : Yeah exactly.

Situation 2 :

Man A : There is a god.

Reply #6071 Posted: December 29, 2008, 09:59:58 pm

Offline UppityDuck

• Addicted
Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;861263

heh...meh...I have no god...also, I was using definition 2 of cunt = despicable and deplorable 'person'...

My views on god are already laid out, I was just frustrated.

Of course god isn't a cunt. There is no god worth its salt to be called god, fairly, that I can see...and I've looked more than most...

We could forever go round in circles.

Man A: there is no god
Man B: Proove it
Man A: get your god to smite me now (or some such request)
Man B: :(
Man A :)

Reply #6072 Posted: December 29, 2008, 10:23:26 pm

Russian Proverb

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
Quote from: WhiteRabbit;861280
This is correct - however a lack of proof is not automatically a proof of lack - and this is the bigest thing that will keep god alive.

Situation 1 :

Situation 2 :

Man A : There is a god.

so if i told you there were magical pixies living at the end of my garden what would you say?

Prove it?

Of course i cant because there are no magical pixies in my garden. I cant then expect you to prove that my pixies do exist thats just inferior logic. The same applies for god. Why is there a need to disprove something for which there is no proof to begin with? There just isnt a reason to.

If you want to make something up then its upto you to prove it not for everyone else to disprove.

So your conversations hould really go like this.

Man B : Prove it.
Man A : Its your creation you first.
Man B : Yep im fucked.

Reply #6073 Posted: December 29, 2008, 11:15:33 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Ok, here's the thing that gets me - Matt Hayden is a classic example. Every time he scores a hundred, he crosses himself and looks to the heavens as if the big fella has somehow had a hand in it all.

But when he snicks one and is out for a duck (or plays a lazy shot to short cover like he did yesterday) he trudges off to the sheds without as much as a quick hail mary to help him on his way. Why is his faith so shaken?

If there is a God, then surely he/she/it wants good ol' Matty to get that duck as much as a century. Therein lies the problem - if you believe in God you have to believe in the whole package, you can't just take him in the good times, you've got to accept that the "bad times" have been given too you with God's "blessing" as well.

So "Matty", when the selectors sack your sad arse on Monday, cross yourself and look to the heavens, with a simple "thank you Lord". Then i might just believe that you have some real "faith".

Reply #6074 Posted: December 30, 2008, 04:15:47 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.