Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline b00sta

• Just settled in
  • b00sta has no influence.
Quote from: Arnifix
Of course it stinks. I'm personally opposed to my tax dollars being spent on any religion.

Bah, boob, science cannot "prove" god exists. There is no legitimate empirical evidence. However, science cannot disprove god either.

1. But sceince/evolution is another form of religion so from you statement you are saying this shouldn't be invested in either.

2. Arnifix you are exactly right science cannot prove God exists or doesn't exist so therefore it would have to be classified as a possibilty that he does exist.

Reply #725 Posted: January 19, 2007, 06:35:43 pm
R*I*P Buddah aka Jeremy Clarke 09.08.09

Offline Dustow

• Just settled in
  • Dustow has no influence.
Quote from: b00sta
1. But sceince/evolution is another form of religion so from you statement you are saying this shouldn't be invested in either.

2. Arnifix you are exactly right science cannot prove God exists or doesn't exist so therefore it would have to be classified as a possibilty that he does exist.

you're dead right boosta... religion..(I don't like that word) so lets call it faith is something that we believe in with the absence of proff...

there is no conclusive evidence for evolution so it is a religion.. you must have some sort of faith that it is the truth... Good point

Reply #726 Posted: January 19, 2007, 06:39:40 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: b00sta

Neither science or evolution are forms of religion. they are empirical fact, an accumulation of knowledge based on observable phenomena. God is not observable.

And Dustow, stfu, there IS evidence for evolution, as I have repeatedly stated! It's not too hard to find either.

And I have NEVER SAID that it is impossible that god exists. I just think that's it's a helluva lot less likely than the real reason the universe exists.

Reply #727 Posted: January 19, 2007, 07:34:18 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline b00sta

• Just settled in
  • b00sta has no influence.
I don't discount evolution or any form of 'FAITH' as I have no personal knowledge that it is false.

I choose to believe in Christanity (well a form of it, as it has been cliched all to often by extremists). Arnifix chooses to believe in what he wishes and so does Dustow. Not one of us are anymore right than the next until I suppose the day we ll exit this earth and then someone will be more right than the others.

I believe that humans are far to complex that we still haven't even realised the extent of the human creation.

Arnifix lets not use quotes like stfu, this is meant to be a constructive discussion that all can learn from and the best thing is I hope we will spur some people into thinking WTF we are doing here and come up with their own beliefs whatever they maybe.

Good work all.

Reply #728 Posted: January 19, 2007, 08:03:17 pm
R*I*P Buddah aka Jeremy Clarke 09.08.09

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Quote from: Boob Johnson
Oh really? Heard of mount Ararat in Turkey? People have climded it and have found what they believe to be "the ark".

yes they did about 10 years ago, and guess what, they still don't know for sure. And taking into account these people want this to be true and are totally biased and not at all open to any other ideas on the matter its pretty damning that they can't do anything more but suggest they might have found 'something'.
it could be anything, most likely an ancient farm house or war machine. it's totally irrelevant considering the impossibilty of water ever being THAT high. the water pressure on the ocean floor with MILES of added water would have killed all the shelfish.

and insects do not float on water during a 40day/night torrential downpour.

i read your link (http://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=21), its totally unsubstantiated creates strawman arguments to prop itself up and is purile drivel. thanks for wasting my time.

it's funny how creationists will gleefully attach themselves to scientific phenomenom like ice ages and geological principals when they can distort them to make absurd claims about the bible. ( Someone got a bible quote to prove there was a iceage after Noahs Flood)

Reply #729 Posted: January 19, 2007, 08:13:20 pm

Offline Dustow

• Just settled in
Neither science or evolution are forms of religion. they are empirical fact, an accumulation of knowledge based on observable phenomena. God is not observable.

And Dustow, stfu, there IS evidence for evolution, as I have repeatedly stated! It's not too hard to find either.

And I have NEVER SAID that it is impossible that god exists. I just think that's it's a helluva lot less likely than the real reason the universe exists.

C'mon Arnifix.. At no time have I been abusive to you infact I gave you a positive rep, and for you to tell me to STFU.. I feel that you are feeling a little frushtrated that you can't find any evidence.. I have continually asked for evidence on what you believe but all you do is make more threories about our beliefs.. well since you're not looking at this objectively I'm sighning off... thanks to all and pm me if you have a question!!!

and by the way black, your argument is exactly what ur doing and sorry for wasting your time but it's ur thread...

see ya

Reply #730 Posted: January 19, 2007, 08:29:35 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
anyone who thinks science requires faith is deluded and obviously unable to comprehend the very basic principal of what science is.
here http://www.religioustolerance.org/scirel_ov.htm

BUt anyway, the point of the thread is that religious zealots are imposing their will to silence perfectly legitimate scientifically proven accounts for the formation of the grand canyon. why? FEAR, its obvious when things like this are put into practise just how deeply religious people fear science.

Reply #731 Posted: January 19, 2007, 08:39:52 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
Quote from: Dustow

and by the way black, your argument is exactly what ur doing and sorry for wasting your time but it's ur thread...

see ya

yes i query your 'proof' and you sign out unable to provide anything further. bravo, you showed me.
One thing i will agree with about religion, the end is nigh! for you faithful dupes.

Reply #732 Posted: January 19, 2007, 08:43:28 pm

Offline Dustow

• Just settled in
Quote from: Black Heart
anyone who thinks science requires faith is deluded and obviously unable to comprehend the very basic principal of what science is.
here http://www.religioustolerance.org/scirel_ov.htm

BUt anyway, the point of the thread is that religious zealots are imposing their will to silence perfectly legitimate scientifically proven accounts for the formation of the grand canyon. why? FEAR, its obvious when things like this are put into practise just how deeply religious people fear science.

Science is not a faith.. ur right.. but science has been wrong many many many times.. ie world is flat theory..  

Sorry black if you thought I was imposing my thoughts... I'm certainly nmot into that... only putting my point across when one make s statement about my faith... free speach and all... There will always be fundametalists in all forms of life including but not limited to religion.

Thanks for the thread Black but if I could leave with one thought that is taught biblically but should be the motto for all.... Love thy neighbour and treat other as you would want to be treated .... if we can all live like this life would be pretty good. Good bye all  and Arifix.. it's been fun.. not sure about the STFU comment but I can't see your emotions over texts.

PM me if you have any questions

Reply #733 Posted: January 19, 2007, 08:48:01 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
I'm totally astounded that you can say science provided the flat earth theory, after the number of posts in this thread alone about that myth / lie.

imposing your thoughts? we're all sharing them in a  forum, but when your thoughts can't be substantiated  well enough to answer simple questions, well that just makes your view harder to accept as valid.

Reply #734 Posted: January 19, 2007, 09:00:09 pm

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
i dont believe there is a god. i believe everythign revolves around me. yep everything that happens in the world affects me ALL ME! Everyone else are mere pawns in my life. And when i get to a period where i collected all the knowledge i can i will ascend into the stars and become everything!

Reply #735 Posted: January 20, 2007, 01:08:32 am

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
The stfu was coaxed out of me by the religious side of this argument REPEATEDLY saying that science/evolution is a form of faith. It's not. There is hard evidence showing evolution takes place on a small scale, and screeds of data indicating that it occurs on a large scale as well.

PS. Requesting thread merge with the mega thread. We don't need two of them floating around.

Reply #736 Posted: January 20, 2007, 03:19:16 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
so you evolution lovers are saying that evolution created the human brain.

Reply #737 Posted: February 03, 2007, 11:38:43 am
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: 'frog.
so you evolution lovers are saying that evolution created the human brain.

yes. the brain evolved over time. as we adapt and learn new things the brain has to evolves to keep up.

i had a guy at works have a lash at me other day because  i told him he was a  "dickhead" for thinking noahs ark existed because mt everest has sea shells on top of it.   goddam religion  :disappoin

Reply #738 Posted: February 03, 2007, 12:46:37 pm

Offline Arnifix

lol killer, sweet. it's always good making them angry.

PS. Thread merge with megathread please.

Reply #739 Posted: February 03, 2007, 12:49:27 pm

Offline KiLL3r

hell yeah. never seen someone go so nuts over the word dickhead. Me and another guy were just dissing all his 1000 y/o dinosaur ideas, noahs ark etc, until he snapped :laff:

after his rage he ran out to pray for forgiveness.

wtf up with this forgiveness shit. According to this religous wacko if u ask for forgiveness before you die god will forgive everything you did. Even if you were the worst kiddy fiddler. mass murderer etc YET if you lived a perfect life never did anything wrong to anyone yet dont ask for forgiveness you goto hell! What a load Of CRAP!

Reply #740 Posted: February 03, 2007, 12:55:57 pm

Offline Arnifix

Quote from: KiLL3r
hell yeah. never seen someone go so nuts over the word dickhead. Me and another guy were just dissing all his 1000 y/o dinosaur ideas, noahs ark etc, until he snapped :laff:

after his rage he ran out to pray for forgiveness.

wtf up with this forgiveness shit. According to this religous wacko if u ask for forgiveness before you die god will forgive everything you did. Even if you were the worst kiddy fiddler. mass murderer etc YET if you lived a perfect life never did anything wrong to anyone yet dont ask for forgiveness you goto hell! What a load Of CRAP!

It's an insanely egotistical idea. As long as you believe in God then you're sweet.

Reply #741 Posted: February 03, 2007, 12:59:14 pm

Offline -{LD}-Nappy

• Just settled in
  • -{LD}-Nappy has no influence.
Quote from: Simon_NZ
religious fanatics v my g36e

science wins, bitches

well sayed

i believe religion is a moneymaking scam, and they are all pretty much the same
as the saying goes,
same shit, different smell

Reply #742 Posted: February 03, 2007, 01:02:11 pm

Offline KiLL3r

where are the religous wackos when you need to rip apart their idiotic beliefs?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_perspectives_on_dinosaurs THis is a good read. Shows the level of stupidity some people will goto.

Reply #743 Posted: February 03, 2007, 01:09:20 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
It's an insanely egotistical idea. As long as you believe in God then you're sweet.

Lol, isn't it.

If you just get on with life, do nothing wrong, donate to charity, promote world peace- but dont believe in god- you're fucked and going to hell to burn in pain for all eternity.

Nice guy that god.

Reply #744 Posted: February 03, 2007, 01:26:40 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
I had to lol.
Quote from: Wikipedia

have not made any official statements about their faith's interpretation of dinosaurs. However, they believe that the "six days of creation" as stated in the Bible were not literally six Earth days nor 6000 days (as compared to some other Christian groups whose adherents equate one Godly day with 1000 modern Earth days).

Reply #745 Posted: February 03, 2007, 01:28:55 pm

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.

i dont understand, this entertains you?

anyway.

is it possible for creationism and evolution to co-exist.
evolution alone i find hard to believe.

Reply #746 Posted: February 03, 2007, 02:30:01 pm
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline SwindLe.old

• Just settled in
  • SwindLe.old has no influence.
This thread will never die...

Reply #747 Posted: February 03, 2007, 02:37:15 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: 'frog.

evolution alone i find hard to believe.

yet u believe 1 man can build a boat large enough for 2 of every animal in the world. Then for 150+ days, feed all these animals, dispose of all these animals excrement, not to mentions stop them from killing each other. (btw there are dinosaurs on this boat too(they just died after :S))

you believe a bullshit story like that but cant believe something can evolve. something thats happens everyday. something that is happening right now. growth is a faster form of evolution. a sperm and a egg create a phoetus thats grows into a fully formed human being, and you still dont believe in evolution?

Reply #748 Posted: February 03, 2007, 03:25:45 pm

Offline bucket

• Addicted
  • bucket has no influence.
well what a f--ken subject!

We all believe in some thing ie faith, science, both or nothing!

Some die for these things.

Its all bullshit, do what u like, live life and celebrate!

p.s. I believe in one religion but that's me.

Reply #749 Posted: February 03, 2007, 04:16:21 pm