Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313851
Quote from: `Kayne;1313830
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313791
Quote from: `Kayne;1313787
Just another question

Do christians believe in god because They want to be at one with god or They want to go to heaven?

Why would they need a reason to believe?

So you are saying they believe for no reason, because they are told to? (Going over that, I think some actually do believe in god for no reason). They have no self choice over the matter?

I meant, it's more of a thing they know. It is possible to conclude that your existence is full of purpose endowed by a benevolent deity. Of course, you may also have to indulge in fallacies and cognitive dissonance as well, but these are not reasons to believe, as some deal struck for your faith.

I see :o
Toofast, Probably cause it tastes nice, but you don't know if they all like it lol
and yeah I realised it was a generalised question (after). I was kinda meaning actual chrstians to answer.

I'm a tiny bit confused though, You guys arn't christian / catholic, right?

Reply #7575 Posted: September 24, 2010, 11:17:44 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
  • Spoonguard has no influence.
Quote from: `Kayne;1313856
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313851
Quote from: `Kayne;1313830
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313791
Quote from: `Kayne;1313787
Just another question

Do christians believe in god because They want to be at one with god or They want to go to heaven?

Why would they need a reason to believe?

So you are saying they believe for no reason, because they are told to? (Going over that, I think some actually do believe in god for no reason). They have no self choice over the matter?

I meant, it's more of a thing they know. It is possible to conclude that your existence is full of purpose endowed by a benevolent deity. Of course, you may also have to indulge in fallacies and cognitive dissonance as well, but these are not reasons to believe, as some deal struck for your faith.

I see :o
Toofast, Probably cause it tastes nice, but you don't know if they all like it lol
and yeah I realised it was a generalised question (after). I was kinda meaning actual chrstians to answer.

I'm a tiny bit confused though, You guys arn't christian / catholic, right?

I can be a catholic if you want. I'm pretty flexible like that.

Reply #7576 Posted: September 24, 2010, 11:21:33 pm
        and nothing of value was lost.

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
I can be anything you want for $100 an hour.

Reply #7577 Posted: September 25, 2010, 07:32:43 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Anything?

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Reply #7578 Posted: September 25, 2010, 03:04:41 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
All I know is when I die i'm going to get fist raped by Vishnu :|

Reply #7579 Posted: September 25, 2010, 06:14:58 pm

Codex

The matrix has so many bugs in it, at least the next version will be better...

Reply #7580 Posted: September 29, 2010, 12:13:16 pm

Offline liquidpain

• Devoted Member
  • liquidpain has no influence.
Quote from: Codex;1315269
The matrix has so many bugs in it, at least the next version will be better...

im working on the script for universe 2.0

new additions will include super powers, lower gravity, more moons for earth and other various things. someone did suggest dinosaurs but i dont think it will be a good idea.

Reply #7581 Posted: September 29, 2010, 12:18:07 pm

Codex

Such a utopia would cause us to be insane, it's the pains of life that make us bare each day

Reply #7582 Posted: September 29, 2010, 03:46:56 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313333

hahahaha you bit me adieu.  but where is all yoru knowledge from

I'll bid you adieu too because you cant think for yourself. And you use everyone elses arguements.

Where did all yoru knowledge come from? OTHER PEOPLE.

[video]5hfYJsQAhl0[/video]

Reply #7583 Posted: October 04, 2010, 02:50:10 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
Quote from: RetardoBot;1317044
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313333

hahahaha you bit me adieu.  but where is all yoru knowledge from

I'll bid you adieu too because you cant think for yourself. And you use everyone elses arguements.

Where did all yoru knowledge come from? OTHER PEOPLE.

[video]5hfYJsQAhl0[/video]

not going to put that video after ngati's post too? or just me because i believe in something you dont :)

Reply #7584 Posted: October 05, 2010, 09:39:17 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1317641
not going to put that video after ngati's post too? or just me because i believe in something you dont :)

The fact that you believe in a deity and I don't has absolutely NOTHING to do with why I posted that video.

Don't be so narrow minded.

Reply #7585 Posted: October 05, 2010, 10:14:18 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
oh narrow mindedness, thats rich :P

And is that why you posted that? how come you just quoted what i fed back to Ngati?

Reply #7586 Posted: October 05, 2010, 10:19:57 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1317651

This is usually a response used when you don't really have anything to go on.

Kind of like "I know you are, but what am I".

Actually, now that I think about it, you seem to structure a lot of your retorts in this thread like that.

Reply #7587 Posted: October 05, 2010, 10:27:38 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: RetardoBot;1317655
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1317651

This is usually a response used when you don't really have anything to go on.

Kind of like "I know you are, but what am I".

Actually, now that I think about it, you seem to structure a lot of your retorts in this thread like that.

wouldn't you say you're more narrow minded than i am? Because i take an interest in science and im open to the idea of a higher power, where as i assume that all you believe in is matter?

doesn't that make me less narrow minded than you? :)

also you just picked on that one remark but decided not to address why you quoted what ngati pretty much said to me first?

Reply #7588 Posted: October 05, 2010, 10:46:44 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1317668

wouldn't you say you're more narrow minded than i am? Because i take an interest in science and im open to the idea of a higher power, where as i assume that all you believe in is matter?

doesn't that make me less narrow minded than you? :)

also you just picked on that one remark but decided not to address why you quoted what ngati pretty much said to me first?

You assume? How can you base what you just said on an assumption?

I have not attacked you for your belief, I have not demeaned you or told you your belief is incorrect. I simply said that your belief in a deity and my dismissal of that same deity had noting to do with me posting that video. It was how you tried to drum up some sort of immature response in relation to what Grim had said.

You're just sounding like a child now. "Mum, why aren't you telling Jimmy off as well, he started it". I had no issue with what Grim said, so why would I bother including him in my response to you?

And good job at cementing my claim that you are narrow minded. "All you believe in is matter".

It appears you and contradiction make good bedfellows.

Reply #7589 Posted: October 05, 2010, 10:53:38 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
My communications skills must be hopeless.

Im only assuming as an atheist thats what you believe. I didn't say that is what you believe.  How was i contradicting myself when i typed this out?

Wouldn't you say that Ngati's repose towards me quoting other people was immature?

yes i see that i qq'd about this when i should have just ignored it but i did find it unfair.

Reply #7590 Posted: October 05, 2010, 11:03:16 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Don't stop now guys, Keep posting :)

Reply #7591 Posted: October 06, 2010, 01:07:33 am

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
LOL kayne =P

nah i gotta finish this paper work and i keep procrastinating on GetSome >_<

it was silly of me to think that retardo would agree with me because, ngati is his friend =]

Reply #7592 Posted: October 06, 2010, 01:10:15 am
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1317729

it was silly of me to think that retardo would agree with me because, ngati is his friend =]

I agree with Grim because I support his argument. I agree with his perspective. When he enters into a discussion with this topic he comes from a perspective that I can appreciate. I share his same view.

Reply #7593 Posted: October 06, 2010, 09:00:35 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Back in the old day, arguments would be settled with a good stoning.

Now it's all post quote post.

Reply #7594 Posted: October 06, 2010, 09:06:40 am

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
*facepalm  retardo you're missing what i am saying entirely.

Reply #7595 Posted: October 06, 2010, 09:22:29 am
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1317803
*facepalm  retardo you're missing what i am saying entirely.

Then perhaps you should look at how you are saying it.

I'm not the only one in this thread who has problems with how you conduct your argument.

There was nothing for me to miss. I was dispelling your sarcastic comment that I am siding with Grim because he is my friend. I am siding with him because I agree with his position in this discussion.

Reply #7596 Posted: October 06, 2010, 09:57:11 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1317793

It's always a good idea to get stoned before arguing

Reply #7597 Posted: October 06, 2010, 09:57:46 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1313322
PLAGIARISM! WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE?
Since you can't think for yourself, I'll bid you adieu.

how is this different to what i said? Other than how silly this comment was by throwing back what he said to me.

Reply #7598 Posted: October 06, 2010, 10:05:42 am
( •_•)>⌐

Quote from: Dr_Woohoo;1317817
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1317793

It's always a good idea to get stoned before arguing

That's probley why so many people have crazy beliefs, they see god while they're stoned.

Reply #7599 Posted: October 06, 2010, 10:20:33 am