Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Soul eaters?

Reply #7875 Posted: October 15, 2011, 10:47:13 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
ahh of course. That explains a lot

Reply #7876 Posted: October 15, 2011, 10:49:46 am

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
My ginger cat doesn't stop looking at me and winking...

what do? Ghostbusters?

Reply #7877 Posted: October 15, 2011, 11:25:56 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: `Kayne;1435588
My ginger cat doesn't stop looking at me and winking...

what do? Ghostbusters?

Has Feline AIDs, or Feline Herpies.

Reply #7878 Posted: October 15, 2011, 11:44:18 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
He must fancy you.

It's the only logical explanation.

Reply #7879 Posted: October 15, 2011, 12:23:09 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Zarkov;1435602
He must fancy you.

It's the only logical explanation.

How do i say "I still want to be friends" in ginger cat speak.

Reply #7880 Posted: October 15, 2011, 03:03:28 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!

Reply #7881 Posted: October 18, 2011, 07:18:13 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
^ nice

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/Ngati_Grim/odin.png
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Reply #7882 Posted: October 19, 2011, 11:30:52 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/Ngati_Grim/adamandeveit.gif
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Reply #7883 Posted: October 28, 2011, 11:51:27 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7884 Posted: October 28, 2011, 10:55:13 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Reply #7885 Posted: November 04, 2011, 07:58:29 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

mwahaha. still laughing

Reply #7886 Posted: November 04, 2011, 09:03:47 pm

Offline Robby06

• Just settled in
  • Robby06 has no influence.
Happy Halloween from Christianity....

Meh, its been a while, forgot how to embed :(
Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:59:12 am by Robby06

Reply #7887 Posted: November 06, 2011, 10:26:35 am

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
^replace embed with video ??? profit

Quote from: Dr Woomanchu;1435565
If cats have no soul, and gingers have no soul, what, metaphysically, about ginger cats?

they are the anti-soul
Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:06:47 am by Nostargate

Reply #7888 Posted: November 06, 2011, 10:57:15 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

Reply #7889 Posted: November 19, 2011, 06:27:17 am

Offline Tiwaking!

The Jerusalem Syndrome.

Reply #7890 Posted: November 26, 2011, 12:14:31 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

Reply #7891 Posted: November 26, 2011, 06:31:40 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: ThaFleastyler;985891
Ok guys, time for me to ask a serious question:
Without getting into bashing any particular religions or faiths - just referring plainly to believing in the existence of God - what are your thoughts on Pascal's Wager?

Link at Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

I'm interested purely in knowing your own thoughts on this argument. I came across it today, incidentally as an exercise about dissecting argument from my Critical Thinking textbook.

Option 3) Heaven for Atheists.

Reply #7892 Posted: December 07, 2011, 10:32:43 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
You cannot will yourself to believe something you disagree with at a fundamental level so therefore atheists would generally be incapable of playing pascals wager. Agnostics may be able to. But then it all comes down the the deity you chose to believe in, and the ignostic in me would say wtf are you talking about... wtf is god?

Reply #7893 Posted: December 08, 2011, 06:50:16 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tiwaking!

Kopimism
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16424659
Sweden recognises new file-sharing religion Kopimism

A "church" whose central tenet is the right to file-share has been formally recognised by the Swedish government.

The Church of Kopimism claims that "kopyacting" - sharing information through copying - is akin to a religious service.

The "spiritual leader" of the church said recognition was a "large step".

But others were less enthusiastic and said the church would do little to halt the global crackdown on piracy.
Holy information
Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

It doesn't mean illegal file-sharing will become legal, any more than if 'Jedi' was recognised as a religion everyone would be walking around with light sabres”
Mark Mulligan
Music analyst

The Swedish government agency Kammarkollegiet finally registered the Church of Kopimism as a religious organisation shortly before Christmas, the group said.

"We had to apply three times," said Gustav Nipe, chairman of the organisation.

The church, which holds CTRL+C and CTRL+V (shortcuts for copy and paste) as sacred symbols, does not directly promote illegal file sharing, focusing instead on the open distribution of knowledge to all.

It was founded by 19-year-old philosophy student and leader Isak Gerson. He hopes that file-sharing will now be given religious protection.

"For the Church of Kopimism, information is holy and copying is a sacrament. Information holds a value, in itself and in what it contains and the value multiplies through copying. Therefore copying is central for the organisation and its members," he said in a statement.

"Being recognised by the state of Sweden is a large step for all of Kopimi. Hopefully this is one step towards the day when we can live out our faith without fear of persecution," he added.

The church's website has been unavailable since it broke the news of its religious status. A message urged those interested in joining to "come back in a couple of days when the storm has settled".

Despite the new-found interest in the organisation, experts said religious status for file-sharing would have little effect on the global crackdown on piracy.

"It is quite divorced from reality and is reflective of Swedish social norms rather than the Swedish legislative system," said music analyst Mark Mulligan.

"It doesn't mean that illegal file-sharing will become legal, any more than if 'Jedi' was recognised as a religion everyone would be walking around with light sabres.

"In some ways these guys are looking outdated. File-sharing as a means to pirate content is becoming yesterday's technology," he added.
Piracy crackdown

The establishment of the church comes amid a backdrop of governmental zero-tolerance towards piracy.

The crackdown on piracy has moved focus away from individual pirates and more towards the ecosystem that supports piracy.

In the US, the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) aims to stop online ad networks and payment processors from doing business with foreign websites accused of enabling or facilitating copyright infringement.

It could also stop search engines from linking to the allegedly infringing sites. Domain name registrars could be forced to take down the websites, and internet service providers forced to block access to the sites accused of infringing.

The government is pushing ahead with the controversial legislation despite continued opposition.

Reply #7894 Posted: January 07, 2012, 02:43:59 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
Destiny Church could receive money from the public purse if it establishes a charter school as part of a proposed new complex in South Auckland, an education union says.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/6233209/Destiny-Church-may-get-funding-for-new-school
Why on earth should we all have to contribute to these scam artists and fantasy world dwellers? That's total bullshit.

That's it, i'm starting branch of the Church of the Spaghetti monster, i'll apply for school funding to teach clear logical and rational science based material mixed with plenty of religious derision whilst also lining my own pockets.

Who's with me?

Reply #7895 Posted: January 10, 2012, 11:34:22 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: dirtyape;1461250
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/6233209/Destiny-Church-may-get-funding-for-new-school
Why on earth should we all have to contribute to these scam artists and fantasy world dwellers? That's total bullshit.

That's it, i'm starting branch of the Church of the Spaghetti monster, i'll apply for school funding to teach clear logical and rational science based material mixed with plenty of religious derision whilst also lining my own pockets.

Who's with me?
Me me!

I will teach the class of Intelligent Falling.

Reply #7896 Posted: January 10, 2012, 12:13:47 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.

!

Reply #7897 Posted: January 14, 2012, 10:14:05 pm

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
[video=vimeo;25149893]http://vimeo.com/25149893[/video]

Reply #7898 Posted: January 18, 2012, 10:34:07 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: SteddieEddie;1462682

Reply #7899 Posted: January 18, 2012, 01:29:51 pm