Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
spooninating the countryside... spooninating all the people~

read some jokes spoon! watch a funny movie! you'll feel better :)

or~.... you can read the bible!

Reply #7475 Posted: September 23, 2010, 01:31:11 am
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
  • Spoonguard has no influence.
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313171
or~.... you can read the bible!

I thought suicide was crime against god

Quote from: Revelations 9:1-6
1 an teh fif hovr d00d sowndz, an ah seez sum star fallin from ceilin' ta flor, an he hash kayz to teh pits. 2 an he oepend teh pit, an lotsa shmoke caem from teh pit, an we no can haz liet. 3 An big inzectz caem outa the flor an they has big powrz like a skorpeenz of flor. 4 an they no can burn gwass or gween shtuff but only mawle an femail kitteh wit no head sealz. 5 an teh skorpeenz no can kill teh kittehz, only torrment for fiev monfs an teh torrment is liek skorpeen stings 6 an then kittehz sayz Is it can be "deth tiem nao pleex?" an kittehz no can has deth. Kittehz want to die nao, but deth iz runnin from tehm.

Reply #7476 Posted: September 23, 2010, 10:37:28 am
        and nothing of value was lost.

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
ahahaha spoonifications :P  Its crime against God to keep rejecting his son!

The way i see it is that when you stand before God he will judge you by your own thoughts. If you accepted his son, he will know what you were going through. He wont bar someone from heaven if they look to the Lord as their saviour :D

oh looky i found some blurb about it :)  I foudn it here: http://www.gotquestions.org/suicide-Bible-Christian.html

"According to the Bible, suicide is not what determines whether a person gains entrance into heaven. If an unsaved person commits suicide, he has done nothing but “expedite” his journey to hell. However, that person who committed suicide will ultimately be in hell for rejecting salvation through Christ, not because he committed suicide.
 What does the Bible say about a Christian who commits suicide? The Bible teaches that from the moment we truly believe in Christ, we are guaranteed eternal life (John 3:16). According to the Bible, Christians can know beyond any doubt that they possess eternal life (1 John 5:13). Nothing can separate a Christian from God’s love (Romans 8:38-39). If no “created thing” can separate a Christian from God’s love, and even a Christian who commits suicide is a “created thing,” then not even suicide can separate a Christian from God’s love. Jesus died for all of our sins, and if a true Christian, in a time of spiritual attack and weakness, commits suicide, that would still be a sin covered by the blood of Christ."

"Suicide is still a serious sin against God. According to the Bible, suicide is murder; it is always wrong. Serious doubts should be raised about the genuineness of faith of anyone who claimed to be a Christian yet committed suicide. There is no circumstance that can justify someone, especially a Christian, taking his/her own life. Christians are called to live their lives for God, and the decision on when to die is God’s and God’s alone. Although it is not describing suicide, 1 Corinthians 3:15 is probably a good description of what happens to a Christian who commits suicide: “He himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.”

Reply #7477 Posted: September 23, 2010, 11:10:56 am
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Apostrophe Spacemonkey

• Fuck this title in particular.

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313223
Quote from: Revelations 9:1-6
1 an teh fif hovr d00d sowndz, an ah seez sum star fallin from ceilin' ta flor, an he hash kayz to teh pits. 2 an he oepend teh pit, an lotsa shmoke caem from teh pit, an we no can haz liet. 3 An big inzectz caem outa the flor an they has big powrz like a skorpeenz of flor. 4 an they no can burn gwass or gween shtuff but only mawle an femail kitteh wit no head sealz. 5 an teh skorpeenz no can kill teh kittehz, only torrment for fiev monfs an teh torrment is liek skorpeen stings 6 an then kittehz sayz Is it can be "deth tiem nao pleex?" an kittehz no can has deth. Kittehz want to die nao, but deth iz runnin from tehm.

Link please? I want to read the bible in lol cat speak.

Reply #7478 Posted: September 23, 2010, 11:25:20 am

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
You won't go to hell because you committed suicide, except that you will.

let me simplify that for you

You won't go to hell because it doesn't exist.

Reply #7479 Posted: September 23, 2010, 11:26:07 am

• Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!Apostrophe Spacemonkey is awe-inspiring!
Found it

http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

1 Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.
2 Da Urfs no had shapez An haded dark face, An Ceiling Cat rode invisible bike over teh waterz.
3 At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz.4 An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin.5 An Ceiling Cat sayed light Day An dark no Day. It were FURST!!!1
6 An Ceiling Cat sayed, im in ur waterz makin a ceiling. But he no yet make a ur. An he maded a hole in teh Ceiling.7 An Ceiling Cat doed teh skiez with waterz down An waterz up. It happen.8 An Ceiling Cat sayed, i can has teh firmmint wich iz funny bibel naim 4 ceiling, so wuz teh twoth day.
9 An Ceiling Cat gotted all teh waterz in ur base, An Ceiling Cat hadz dry placez cuz kittehs DO NOT WANT get wet.10 An Ceiling Cat called no waterz urth and waters oshun. Iz good.

Reply #7480 Posted: September 23, 2010, 11:26:43 am

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
The lolcats bible wiki is the truthiest bible. The bible is a continuing collaborative effort thus far, and what could be more collaborative than a wiki?

Reply #7481 Posted: September 23, 2010, 11:48:12 am

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313235
Jesus died for all of our sins, and if a true Christian, in a time of spiritual attack and weakness, commits suicide, that would still be a sin covered by the blood of Christ."
Hmmmm.
Quote from: Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Suicide, Augustine determined, was an unrepentable sin. St. Thomas Aquinas later defended this prohibition on three grounds. (1) Suicide is contrary to natural self-love, whose aim is to preserve us. (2) Suicide injures the community of which an individual is a part. (3) Suicide violates our duty to God because God has given us life as a gift and in taking our lives we violate His right to determine the duration of our earthly existence (Aquinas 1271, part II, Q64, A5.) This conclusion was codified in the medieval doctrine that suicide nullified human beings' relationship to God, for our control over our body was limited to usus (possession, employment) where God retained dominium (dominion, authority). Law and popular practice in the Middle Ages sanctioned the desecration of the suicidal corpse, along with confiscation of property and denial of Christian burial.
Interesting, from a non-christian point of view of course. Also:
The Protestant Reformers, including Calvin, condemned suicide as roundly as did the established Church, but held out the possibility of God treating suicide mercifully and permitting repentance. Interest in moral questions concerning suicide was particularly strong in this period among England's Protestants, notably the Puritans. Nonetheless, the traditional Christian view prevailed well into the late seventeenth century, where even an otherwise liberal thinker such as John Locke echoed earlier Thomistic arguments, claiming that though God bestowed upon us our natural personal liberty, that liberty does not include the liberty to destroy oneself (Locke 1690, ch. 2, para. 6.)
Conclusion:

Jesus does not care how how many people you murder, as long as you repent.

But kill yourself? Its GG and you drop down to the bottom of the Stacraft Ladder.

Reply #7482 Posted: September 23, 2010, 11:51:16 am
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1313262
But kill yourself? Its GG and you drop down to the bottom of the Stacraft Ladder.

And if I am not a member of battle.net?

Reply #7483 Posted: September 23, 2010, 11:52:57 am

Quote from: Spoonguard;1313264
Quote from: Tiwaking!;1313262

And if I am not a member of battle.net?

Our Starcraft, which art in battle.net,
feared be thy name;
thy Protoss come;
thy will be done,
in Earth as it is in Aiur.
Give us this day our daily minerals.
And forgive us our vespene gases,
as we forgive them that zerg rush against us.
And lead us not into oblivion;
but deliver us from the Overmind.

Amen.

Reply #7484 Posted: September 23, 2010, 12:05:33 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
ahahhah tiwaking thats good XD

on a serious note about the points you made bro, Like i've said before, When you stand before God you will be judged by your own thoughts. So i mean as a christian you shouldn't commit suicide. But if you had to God will know why in which case you'll be delivered.

Catholics have a more hard line stance on this.

And as for the muderation part.  If a mass murderer, sincerely repents. Knows what he's done is wrong. Submits to the will of God and accepts that the blood of christ has cleared him of all sin. He WILL go to heaven.  You are right tiwaking.

once again, GOD WILL KNOW IF THAT PERSON IS BEING SINCERE AND TRUELY ACCEPTS CHRIST.

just saying magic words wont give you salvation. You have to believe it. There is no sin that God can't forgive. but your heart has to be in the right place.

but yer if you dont accept Christ then yer gg and bottom of the ladder you go lol

spooninations for someone who hates reading my posts, you sure cant stop posting :D :D :D

Reply #7485 Posted: September 23, 2010, 12:41:21 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1312960

Isn't that the case with most historical figures?

They can only write about them after they've been born, not before.

I see little reason to doubt the existence of Jesus, anymore then most other historical person. Most classical historians agree that he likely did exist.

I mean there are no records of 'his' being alive at the time, only after the 'fact' and no, it's not the same with most historical figures and nor do most scholars agree jesus likely did exist. Fucking read the thread SM, it's all in here on previous pages.

Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice
:3 he was prophesised about in the bible. In the old testament.

And spacemonkey is right on his points. There are also letters that people have written in regards to Jesus and the jews and his diciples written to government etc. Don't ask me which ones, i saw it in a doco ages back.

also pontius pilate existed and he was the one who handed Jesus over to the jews.  Would be cool to learn more about this.

The bible is not a reliable source. SM is wrong regarding the historicity of jesus. You are fucking deluded as evidenced by your fundimentalist happy clappy brainwashed claptrap.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/Ngati_Grim/images-4.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Spoiler :
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/Ngati_Grim/62043_157044190989064_137026386324178_430588_3558654_n.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Yep, I'm a grumpy cunt.

Reply #7486 Posted: September 23, 2010, 01:58:40 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1313305
and nor do most scholars agree jesus likely did exist. Fucking read the thread SM, it's all in here on previous pages.

Where does it say most scholars don't agree he existed? Because that's not the impression I've got from my research.

This thread is just a rehash of the same arguments over and over again, the 'Jesus never existed' argument keeps coming up as well, but i've never seen anyone link to a reliable source regarding it.

Reply #7487 Posted: September 23, 2010, 02:16:18 pm

Offline Hav0k

• Just settled in
  • Hav0k is looked down upon.

Reply #7488 Posted: September 23, 2010, 02:42:43 pm
\'There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same\'

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313073

The short answer to these points is that because God is omniscient He knew that Adam would sin, but such fore-knowing should not be translated as being causative. One illustration to explain this is as follows (remembering that all illustrations about God must fall short—a symptom of the finite trying to explain the infinite).... blah blah blah

PLAGIARISM! WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE?

Since you can't think for yourself, I'll bid you adieu.

Reply #7489 Posted: September 23, 2010, 03:05:58 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313159
No really, I hate reading what you write here. It's like you wrote the bible or something.

Quoted for truth. Fucking hell!

Reply #7490 Posted: September 23, 2010, 03:11:04 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1313313
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1313305
and nor do most scholars agree jesus likely did exist. Fucking read the thread SM, it's all in here on previous pages.

Where does it say most scholars don't agree he existed? Because that's not the impression I've got from my research.

This thread is just a rehash of the same arguments over and over again, the 'Jesus never existed' argument keeps coming up as well, but i've never seen anyone link to a reliable source regarding it.

Earlier in the thread, as well as pers comm with one of the eminent Religious Studies academics in this god-forsaken (thankfully) land...read the fucking thread from the beginning, I'm not going to find it for you, plus your research is flawed, based on websites by biased religious bigots no doubt. The general consensus amongst even-minded (even religious people) scholars is that jesus didn't exist, but that it is the message which is important. Basically it's about making a sow's ear out of a silk purse.

I'm a foul-mouthed fornicating, godless son of a bitch. I'm pro-choice and understand suicide more than the spouted bullshit rice breeds. Jesus is dead to me, god is dead to me, when I die that's it, no flames (other than those of cremation), no ascension to the clouds, just death, cold dark and still...until the bugs begin to feed. I've never been more certain of anything in my life.

Reply #7491 Posted: September 23, 2010, 03:17:33 pm

Offline Hav0k

• Just settled in
  • Hav0k is looked down upon.
Amen Grim, Amen

:)

Reply #7492 Posted: September 23, 2010, 03:29:58 pm
\'There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same\'

Offline AfroDizzzy

• Addicted
  • AfroDizzzy has no influence.
^

also.
The bible contradicts itself alot O.o
If the bible is suppose to be the word of god and since god is supposedly perfect, then why does the bible have so many contradicting texts? Its perfect right? But its clearly flawed.
 <:(

Freaking Bibles, how do they work?

Reply #7493 Posted: September 23, 2010, 03:43:41 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1313322
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313073

The short answer to these points is that because God is omniscient He knew that Adam would sin, but such fore-knowing should not be translated as being causative. One illustration to explain this is as follows (remembering that all illustrations about God must fall short—a symptom of the finite trying to explain the infinite).... blah blah blah

PLAGIARISM! WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE?

Since you can't think for yourself, I'll bid you adieu.

hahahaha you bit me adieu.  but where is all yoru knowledge from

I'll bid you adieu too because you cant think for yourself. And you use everyone elses arguements.

Where did all yoru knowledge come from? OTHER PEOPLE.

Before you jump to conclusions have you looked at the bottom of the post? the link is there :) I even mentioned you by name.

but i can kinda see how you missed it. i bet you just skim and go QQ QQ QQ QQ BETTER POST NAO!! TRYING to defend somethign that isnt real. and when i give you poeple who prove you wrong you qq again :D

why do i have to type it out if its easier just linking or copy pasting? And if i forget to put quotes here and there automatically my horrible communications skills indicates that i cant think for myself.

BAHAHAHAHAHAH GG

i think you're not really interested in discussing religion vs science. I see now that all you want to do is just prove who knows more than who :D

Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1313324
Earlier in the thread, as well as pers comm with one of the eminent Religious Studies academics in this god-forsaken (thankfully) land...read the fucking thread from the beginning, I'm not going to find it for you, plus your research is flawed, based on websites by biased religious bigots no doubt. The general consensus amongst even-minded (even religious people) scholars is that jesus didn't exist, but that it is the message which is important. Basically it's about making a sow's ear out of a silk purse.

hahahah "WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE"

I'm a foul-mouthed fornicating, godless son of a bitch. I'm pro-choice and understand suicide more than the spouted bullshit rice breeds. Jesus is dead to me, god is dead to me, when I die that's it, no flames (other than those of cremation), no ascension to the clouds, just death, cold dark and still...until the bugs begin to feed. I've never been more certain of anything in my life.

I'm a foul-mouthed(soemthign im workign on fixing), god fearing son. I'm pro-choice and understand suicide more than the spouted bullshit Ngati breeds. Jesus is Alive to me, god is Alive to me, when I die I go to heaven, no flames (other than those of cremation), no ascension to the clouds, just Heaven, light holy and awesome...the bugs will begin to feed on my old body. I've never been more certain of anything in my life.

man its goign to be so cool. I get to see my parents again. My friends, my dogs and a few of my relatives. Going to be so awesome!

I wonder what happened to you Ngati :/ You sound mad and about as depressing as spoonguard!

oh ngati boy~~ the pipes, the pipes are calling

Ngati you've just proven you're a religious bigot. So next time it would be wise to look at yourself in the mirror before you start attacking people :)

Reply #7494 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:12:18 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
The trouble with proving a Historical Jesus is that you have to admit that the bible is in no way divine. I personally think there was a Jesus but about the only thing you could associate with him is his crucifixion for preaching against the preisthood of the day. The early life, miracles, ministry and resurrection are fabrications by later writers.  

Quote from: Lucian
The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day — the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account… You see, these misguided creatures start with the general conviction that they are immortal for all time, which explains the contempt of death and voluntary self-devotion which are so common among them; and then it was impressed on them by their original lawgiver that they are all brothers, from the moment that they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws.

Reply #7495 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:24:18 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Dogs don't go to heaven, rice.
Dogs are just some animal, not gods choosen people.
Even if you think your dog has some sorta personality/soul it doesn't matter.

Where do dogs go where they die?
Well it doesn't really need to be explained because then we have to think about where all life goes after it dies right down to ants and shit and we are too busy trying to find a loophole out of our own mortality

Reply #7496 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:26:33 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bell;1313336

Well it doesn't really need to be explained because then we have to think about where all life goes after it dies right down to ants and shit and we are too busy trying to find a loophole out of our own mortality

Thank god.

Reply #7497 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:29:56 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313333
I wonder what happened to you Ngati :/ You sound mad and about as depressing as spoonguard!
I am guessing anybody without your icepick-lobotomy spirituality is "depressing". It's quite the opposite: we don't despair at the thought of a uncaring universe without divine salvation.

Reply #7498 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:30:36 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
Quote from: Zarkov;1313338
Quote from: Bell;1313336

Thank god.
all cats goto hell.

Reply #7499 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:30:55 pm