Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Which for cats is in the shower beside a vaccum cleaner on full power.

Reply #7500 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:31:42 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
  • Spoonguard has no influence.
Quote from: Bell;1313341

I was thinking more along the lines of, "where else are they going to get rivers of boiling cat piss"

Reply #7501 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:35:04 pm
        and nothing of value was lost.

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313339
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313333
I wonder what happened to you Ngati :/ You sound mad and about as depressing as spoonguard!
I am guessing anybody without your icepick-lobotomy spirituality is "depressing". It's quite the opposite: we don't despair at the thought of a uncaring universe without divine salvation.
I am guessing anybody without your icepick-lobotomy Atheism is "depressing". It's quite the opposite: we don't despair at the thought of a uncaring universe because we have divine salvation.

and dogs AND CATS go to heaven. They are creations of God and are unable to Reject Jesus :)

Reply #7502 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:39:37 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

Pure speculation.

There is no such thing as cat hell.

Rice hell, yes.

Spacemonkey hell, yes.

Cat hell, no.

Reply #7503 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:40:03 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: Zarkov;1313347

Pure speculation.

There is no such thing as cat hell.

Rice hell, yes.

Spacemonkey hell, yes.

Cat hell, no.

LOL

Reply #7504 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:40:46 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313346
and dogs AND CATS go to heaven. They are creations of God and are unable to Reject Jesus :)

Does salmonella get to go to?

Reply #7505 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:41:22 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313346
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313339
I wonder what happened to you Ngati :/ You sound mad and about as depressing as spoonguard!
I am guessing anybody without your icepick-lobotomy spirituality is "depressing". It's quite the opposite: we don't despair at the thought of a uncaring universe without divine salvation.
I am guessing anybody without your icepick-lobotomy Atheism is "depressing". It's quite the opposite: we don't despair at the thought of a uncaring universe because we have divine salvation.

I can't Reject Jesus either, I have never heard of it. What do I win?

Reply #7506 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:42:09 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
TBH Jesus is abit of a jerk, for the 1000's of years Jesus wasn't around everyone got to go to heaven since they couldnt reject what they didnt know existed (because it didn't at the time), then he comes along and ruins it.

Reply #7507 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:43:35 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: Bell;1313351
TBH Jesus is abit of a jerk, for the 1000's of years Jesus wasn't around everyone got to go to heaven since they couldnt reject what they didnt know existed (because it didn't at the time), then he comes along and ruins it.

They had the Law remember. The ten commandments.  So as i said earlier they will be judged according to the Law using their own thoughts. Good example is King David. He didn't know of Jesus, but God was very pleased with him :)

Reply #7508 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:47:46 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Bell

• Addicted
Well excellent, sorry jesus you are still my homeboy.

Anyways, tieing this back in with cats and dogs going to heaven.
Since they can't know about jesus they fall under the ten commandments?
What if you are a bad kitty?

Reply #7509 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:50:52 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313353
Quote from: Bell;1313351

They had the Law remember. The ten commandments.  So as i said earlier they will be judged according to the Law using their own thoughts. Good example is King David. He didn't know of Jesus, but God was very pleased with him :)

and before that?

Reply #7510 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:57:58 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Ah come on spooninator.
Romans 2:12
12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

link if you want to read the passage before it http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+2&version=NIV

Nah he didn't create the animals for fellowship like he created us. God made the animals for us. Just like we get pets for our family.

they can't go to hell because they can't reject Jesus. They are honouring him everyday by doing what they were made for.

Again don't get all QQ up in this peice! Im SHARING. im NOT telling you how to live your lives :) What you guys want to do is your choice.

WE"RE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~

Reply #7511 Posted: September 23, 2010, 04:58:48 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Bell

• Addicted
interesting...
So my pet salmonella in my petri dish gets to come too?

Reply #7512 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:01:16 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313361
and before that?

we were monkeys

Reply #7513 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:03:30 pm

Offline Spoonguard

• Addicted
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313363
Ah come on spooninator. USE your thinking cap you claim is so big!

Romans 2:12
12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

link if you want to read the passage before it http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+2&version=NIV

Nah he didn't create the animals for fellowship like he created us. God made the animals for us. Just like we get pets for our family.

they can't go to hell because they can't reject Jesus. They are honouring him everyday by doing what they were made for.

Again don't get all QQ up in this peice! Im SHARING. im NOT telling you how to live your lives :) What you guys want to do is your choice.

WE"RE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~

If god is truly omniscient then we are completely predestined, therefore no free will under almighty god.

Reply #7514 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:04:26 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!

hahahaha you bit me adieu.  but where is all yoru knowledge from

I'll bid you adieu too because you cant think for yourself. And you use everyone elses arguements.

Didn't you yourself get all of your information from a book? from other people?

Reply #7515 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:06:36 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: winter;1313369

hahahaha you bit me adieu.  but where is all yoru knowledge from

I'll bid you adieu too because you cant think for yourself. And you use everyone elses arguements.

Didn't you yourself get all of your information from a book? from other people?

Ofcourse brother :D Im just demostrating how silly Ngati statement was. I thought we were having a reasonable discussion :)

Reply #7516 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:10:40 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Existence of God/Jesus is never really gonna be a reasonable discussion.. purely because the both sides present to one another something that seems impossible..

Reply #7517 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:12:35 pm

Offline TheGimp505

• I Posted!
  • TheGimp505 has no influence.
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313368
If god is truly omniscient then we are completely predestined, therefore no free will under almighty god.

Omniscience (pronounced /ɒmˈnɪsiəns/)[1] (or omniscient point-of-view in writing) is the capacity to know everything infinitely, or at least everything that can be known about a character including thoughts, feelings, life and the universe, etc.

him knowing what you are going to do and letting you do what you want to do, doesn't make him not know what you were going to do or make you do it, choice was still yours even tho god knew you were going to do it.

Reply #7518 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:13:25 pm
those suffering from PTSD, do not be tricked by crypto-Communists into playing Tetris!

Offline Bell

• Addicted
It would be totally reasonable if everyone else was a reasonable agnostic
We just wouldn't have the discussion and it wouldn't effect our lives because its an irrelevant question to ask.

Reply #7519 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:14:11 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: winter;1313373
Existence of God/Jesus is never really gonna be a reasonable discussion.. purely because the both sides present to one another something that seems impossible..

fair enough Winter. I thought i was just being open and forthcoming with information, tryign to answer their questions .

but i guess they saw it as more of an attack on their beliefs :/

Reply #7520 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:16:33 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline winter

• Addicted
I'm a happily non-religious person (I do not wish to label myself atheist or agnostic, for that is itself a term relating to religion) - I get along with Religious people so much so that we live with a Mormon couple (yes..so far only a few things have they done that annoy me.. but I'll only go on further about that if someone asks) - so yes.. I'm tolerant as I hope for others to be tolerant of my somewhat 'anti' views.

Organized religion will be the death of the world, not 2012 or a moon-sized meteor.

The end.

Reply #7521 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:19:43 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: TheGimp5'0'5;1313374
him knowing what you are going to do and letting you do what you want to do, doesn't make him not know what you were going to do or make you do it, choice was still yours even tho god knew you were going to do it.

there can not be choice if there is a god, god created you knowing all the choices you would make, if god wanted you to make different choices he would have created you differently, we are just puppets in gods cruel play

Reply #7522 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:20:16 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313377
Quote from: winter;1313373

fair enough Winter. I thought i was just being open and forthcoming with information, tryign to answer their questions .

but i guess they saw it as more of an attack on their beliefs :/

For heavily scientific people, it often is an attack..

I tend to not care, different strokes for different folks.

Reply #7523 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:21:27 pm

Offline Bell

• Addicted
I see no attack on my beliefs, I'm still interested in this pet angle.

Does anything that at some point was a pet of a human go to heaven.
Or is there a certain list of acceptable things, or does every living thing go regardless?

Reply #7524 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:21:42 pm