Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1313380
I'm a happily non-religious person (I do not wish to label myself atheist or agnostic, for that is itself a term relating to religion) - I get along with Religious people so much so that we live with a Mormon couple (yes..so far only a few things have they done that annoy me.. but I'll only go on further about that if someone asks) - so yes.. I'm tolerant as I hope for others to be tolerant of my somewhat 'anti' views.

Who wears pyjamas in your house?

Reply #7525 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:22:33 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Bell;1313383
I see no attack on my beliefs, I'm still interested in this pet angle.

Does anything that at some point was a pet of a human go to heaven.
Or is there a certain list of acceptable things, or does every living thing go regardless?

Heaven just doesn't wash with me eh.. the whole after-death thing is just too much to comprehend sometimes..

What happened before-birth?

Reply #7526 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:22:50 pm

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
  • Who_ate_my_rice has no influence.
I respect your view :) And i appreciate the fact that you respect mine too :)

man i gotta go home and pew pew on bc2.

lol rhyme :P

Edit: the bible says that the Lord knew us before we were born :)  

Reply #7527 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:22:59 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: winter;1313373
Existence of God/Jesus is never really gonna be a reasonable discussion.. purely because the both sides present to one another something that seems impossible..

QFMFT

both sides are nuts. beer and music shall be my belief system

also: fast moving thread is fast

Reply #7528 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:23:29 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline TheGimp505

• I Posted!
  • TheGimp505 has no influence.

Organized religion will be the death of the world, not 2012 or a moon-sized meteor.

as well as the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires,

Reply #7529 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:23:34 pm
those suffering from PTSD, do not be tricked by crypto-Communists into playing Tetris!

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Pretty sure I'm a reverse vampire, I love garlic so much

Reply #7530 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:25:52 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bell;1313383
I see no attack on my beliefs, I'm still interested in this pet angle.

Does anything that at some point was a pet of a human go to heaven.
Or is there a certain list of acceptable things, or does every living thing go regardless?

It's axiomatic in most religious points of view, that man is at the top of the tree, [after god etc], and that all else was put there to serve him. [including women].

It goes some way to explain the awful mess we've made of the planet, and probably will be the death of us all.

Reply #7531 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:26:32 pm

Offline TheGimp505

• I Posted!
Quote from: Bell;1313392
Pretty sure I'm a reverse vampire, I love garlic so much
Garlic mayo on a steak.........................Mmmmmmmmmmmm. guess you'd want it on some broccoli tho.. being a reverse vampire.

Reply #7532 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:27:24 pm
those suffering from PTSD, do not be tricked by crypto-Communists into playing Tetris!

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Zarkov;1313384
I'm a happily non-religious person (I do not wish to label myself atheist or agnostic, for that is itself a term relating to religion) - I get along with Religious people so much so that we live with a Mormon couple (yes..so far only a few things have they done that annoy me.. but I'll only go on further about that if someone asks) - so yes.. I'm tolerant as I hope for others to be tolerant of my somewhat 'anti' views.

Ahh, I think I missed what you were getting at :(
I wear pyjamas :D - but man.. got home from the 'Mayhem' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(band) gig and they asked about the gig and what not.. and I was like "aww man it was fucking epic, the lead singer had an upside down cross and blah blah blah" and one of them was like .. "Do they even know what that means?" .. /facepalm insert bitchiest voiced girl trying to tell me all about Saint Peter or whoever the fuck got crucified upside down and how the upside down cross is not evil and they are using it wrong.. to which I simply said..

It had CHRIST on the cross not Saint whoever.

to which she shut the fuck up and I went about my business of being a badass on the internets.

Again, the end.

Reply #7533 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:30:17 pm

Offline TheGimp505

• I Posted!
Quote from: winter;1313396

I wear pyjamas :D - but man.. got home from the 'Mayhem' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(band) gig and they asked about the gig and what not.. and I was like "aww man it was fucking epic, the lead singer had an upside down cross and blah blah blah" and one of them was like .. "Do they even know what that means?" .. /facepalm insert bitchiest voiced girl trying to tell me all about Saint Peter or whoever the fuck got crucified upside down and how the upside down cross is not evil and they are using it wrong.. to which I simply said..

to which she shut the fuck up and I went about my business of being a badass on the internets.

Again, the end.

hahahahaah that story had everything.. i laughed, i cried... i pooped alittle.

Reply #7534 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:32:31 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Quote from: Spacemonkey;1313313
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1313305
and nor do most scholars agree jesus likely did exist. Fucking read the thread SM, it's all in here on previous pages.

Where does it say most scholars don't agree he existed? Because that's not the impression I've got from my research.

This thread is just a rehash of the same arguments over and over again, the 'Jesus never existed' argument keeps coming up as well, but i've never seen anyone link to a reliable source regarding it.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=independent+historical+evidence+for+jesus&l=1

A lovely page. He argues nicely that the evidence is all interrelated and that non christian sources are mostly contaminated or edited after the fact, then concludes most aren't valid, but he starts it all by deciding he thinks Jesus existed anyway.

Reply #7535 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:33:54 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline TheGimp505

• I Posted!
Time to sum up this thread in picture form.

you may pick from the two

Reply #7536 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:36:07 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
I'm reading 'The Greatest Show on Earth' by Richard Dawkins.

Its a good book. Good read. Good, solid, reliable information.

Reply #7537 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:36:14 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Bell

• Addicted
  • Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.Bell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Zarkov;1313393

It's axiomatic in most religious points of view, that man is at the top of the tree, [after god etc], and that all else was put there to serve him. [including women].

Quick someone inform the women that they are doing it wrong.

Reply #7538 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:37:29 pm

Offline TheGimp505

• I Posted!
Quote from: cobra;1313381
Quote from: TheGimp5'0'5;1313374
him knowing what you are going to do and letting you do what you want to do, doesn't make him not know what you were going to do or make you do it, choice was still yours even tho god knew you were going to do it.

there can not be choice if there is a god, god created you knowing all the choices you would make, if god wanted you to make different choices he would have created you differently, we are just puppets in gods cruel play

you're only saying that because god choice you to say that. if he wanted you to choice otherwise he would have created you to.

Reply #7539 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:48:46 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313346

and dogs AND CATS go to heaven. They are creations of God and are unable to Reject Jesus :)

...and there your argument crumbles, yet again. For aren't Homo sapiens sapiens creations of god and yet they can reject jesus?

I live for no reward other than a full life. I am not obsessing on some magical mystery tour at the end of my life where I go to meet the main big white guy with a beard. My motivation is not the faerie floss land that some call heaven. My motivation is this life, the only life I have. Here and now.

...by the way, I didn't need a source as they were my own words, not some copy pasta from a dubious site. It really would pay for you to read through this thread and actually try to understand what I have said before. Maybe if you read it enough and sing along to it you might start to believe it. ;)

BAM BAM BAM

Reply #7540 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:51:56 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1313413
Quote from: Who_ate_my_rice;1313346
Quote from: Spoonguard;1313339

and dogs AND CATS go to heaven. They are creations of God and are unable to Reject Jesus :)

...and there your argument crumbles, yet again. For aren't Homo sapiens sapiens creations of god and yet they can reject jesus?

lol talk to me about unreliable information look at what you just did :P

see how annoying it is? you missunderstand deliberately

I live for no reward other than a full life. I am not obsessing on some magical mystery tour at the end of my life where I go to meet the main big white guy with a beard. My motivation is not the faerie floss land that some call heaven. My motivation is this life, the only life I have. Here and now.

Good for you. You know where you stand. But in future dont go around telling people that their beliefs are worthless when i never did that to you.

Reply #7541 Posted: September 23, 2010, 05:56:17 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
...oh but I can and maybe I still will, and you imply it with all your talk of voodoo, pharoanics, sumerian death cults and star worship...

Anyway, Science rocks!

Reply #7542 Posted: September 23, 2010, 06:01:38 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Who_ate_my_rice

• Addicted

Reply #7543 Posted: September 23, 2010, 06:03:26 pm
( •_•)>⌐

Offline TheGimp505

• I Posted!
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1313417
...oh but I can and maybe I still will, and you imply it with all your talk of voodoo, pharoanics, sumerian death cults and star worship...
lets see how smug you are when cthulhu eats you. bid adieu.

Reply #7544 Posted: September 23, 2010, 06:04:37 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Quote from: winter;1313396
Quote from: Zarkov;1313384

Again, the end.

Reply #7545 Posted: September 23, 2010, 06:17:59 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: JontyB;1313388
Quote from: winter;1313373
Existence of God/Jesus is never really gonna be a reasonable discussion.. purely because the both sides present to one another something that seems impossible..

QFMFT

both sides are nuts. beer and music shall be my belief system

also: fast moving thread is fast

Your avatar was my fav movie for a long time brah, would of been better with harrison ford instead of alec balwin tbh.

Also im going to hell, where they are made to eat live cats 24/7

Reply #7546 Posted: September 23, 2010, 06:36:17 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
IA IA CTHULHU FHTAGN!

Reply #7547 Posted: September 23, 2010, 07:16:36 pm

Offline AfroDizzzy

• Addicted
  • AfroDizzzy has no influence.
[video]35A8zAkNjyE[/video]

Check the rest of his vids.
Some really good law stuff in there. I think he mentioned something about being a law lecture/teacher/prof >.>

Reply #7548 Posted: September 23, 2010, 08:26:51 pm

Offline Blob_ZPS

• Devoted Member
  • Blob_ZPS has no influence.
Quote from: AfroDizzzy;1313462
[video]35A8zAkNjyE[/video]

Check the rest of his vids.
Some really good law stuff in there. I think he mentioned something about being a law lecture/teacher/prof >.>

Haha just hearing Leviticus makes me lol, perhaps the most questionable book of the bible.

Reply #7549 Posted: September 23, 2010, 08:44:22 pm