Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkYfYa8ePI&eurl=

Quote from: biglou250
I guess stupid, weak, and cowardly Americans bailed out Europe in both World Wars? Iraq, Iran, Syria, and N. Korea are threats. We will not stand around with our thumbs in our ass waiting for them to strike first as many European countries. But you know who you will turn to when shit hits the fan? The "ignorant" Americans.

Nothing pisses me off more than American's claiming that they saved the World in WWI or II. Roosevelt didnt even want to intervene in WWII. USA didnt know anything about WWI either!!

[Sarcasm]And why would anyone let geology be taught at the Grand Canyon? Geology hasnt taught anyone anything! God Created the Grand Canyon in the flood so that everyone would remember the flood![/sarcasm]

Reply #625 Posted: January 18, 2007, 07:25:39 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Ill post that for you tiwaking.

Reply #626 Posted: January 18, 2007, 08:06:37 pm

Offline SwindLe.old

• Just settled in
  • SwindLe.old has no influence.
Religion is flawed is so many ways its not funny...

Reply #627 Posted: January 18, 2007, 09:19:50 pm

Offline GoatSlayer

• Devoted Member
  • GoatSlayer has no influence.
Are you fucking kidding me? religion flawed? hell naw! God put dinosaur fossils on earth as a test! and all you damn evolutionists failed miserably! -1 rep to evolutionists +2000 to all my creationist bretheren.

Reply #628 Posted: January 18, 2007, 11:18:29 pm

Q: What is a gentleman?
A: A man who can play the accordion, but doesn\'t.

Offline b00sta

• Just settled in
  • b00sta has no influence.
Quote from: SwindLe

Please enlighten us with some evidence to this statement!

Reply #629 Posted: January 18, 2007, 11:51:54 pm
R*I*P Buddah aka Jeremy Clarke 09.08.09

Offline [TBAG] MrFiskIt

• Addicted
  • [TBAG] MrFiskIt has no influence.
Quote from: b00sta
Please enlighten us with some evidence to this statement!

Noah put 2 of every animal in a boat.

Mary gave birth without having sex.

The world was made in 6 days.

The earth is flat and is the centre of the universe. Everything rotates around us.

Reply #630 Posted: January 19, 2007, 12:13:08 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
You do realise that Genesis from the bible was never meant to be a factual guide to the creation of the universe. It just got perverted and some idiots believed that it was to be taken verbatim. Some fool even calculated the date of creation based upon it's contents. And whats worse, even bigger fools believed him!

I doubt many religious people believe genesis is a factual description of the creation of the universe. Just literal creationists.

Reply #631 Posted: January 19, 2007, 12:14:47 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline GoatSlayer

• Devoted Member
  • GoatSlayer has no influence.
me old mum used to say: "never discuss politics or religion wif yer mates". luckily none of you are my mates

Reply #632 Posted: January 19, 2007, 12:19:32 am

Q: What is a gentleman?
A: A man who can play the accordion, but doesn\'t.

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
i like the fact that we can right off evolution because its ridiculous to evolve from single cell organisms, and offensive to think we evolved from monkeys, but story involving a talking snake an apple and a spare rib is perfectly rational and acceptable.

Reply #633 Posted: January 19, 2007, 12:21:09 am

Offline DooleysMagic

• Just settled in
  • DooleysMagic has no influence.
Quote from: dirtyape
You do realise that Genesis from the bible was never meant to be a factual guide to the creation of the universe. It just got perverted and some idiots believed that it was to be taken verbatim. Some fool even calculated the date of creation based upon it's contents. And whats worse, even bigger fools believed him!

I doubt many religious people believe genesis is a factual description of the creation of the universe. Just literal creationists.

I completely agree, althougth I am not Catholic I used to go to a catholic school the r.e (reliqious education.) teacher there said pretty  much the exact same thing. Alot of the stories infact pretty much all of them are not literal but rather are symbolic and have morales to them ie The story of Adam and Eve is not saying that we are all inbred but rather telling us to not give in to temptation or believe talking snakes. Also "The world was built in seven days" is obviously stupid when taking lterally and thinking of OUR/HUMAN'S perception of time. Six days could be six million years for some other race/god.

Again I am not Catholic or Christian I'm just tryig to clear things up for some people.

Reply #634 Posted: January 19, 2007, 12:35:07 am
WIP Sig Comp
[/SIZE]

Offline Spoon

• Just settled in
  • Spoon has no influence.
Quote from: '[TBAG
MrFiskIt']

The earth is flat and is the centre of the universe. Everything rotates around us.

Flippin what now?

Epic winnar

Reply #635 Posted: January 19, 2007, 01:20:49 am

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.
religious fanatics v my g36e

science wins, bitches

Reply #636 Posted: January 19, 2007, 01:34:08 am

Offline Goldo

• Goldo has no influence.
I hate Americans.

Laugh at them here:

Al qaeda is a wing of the masonic order!!! :chuckle: :chuckle:

Reply #637 Posted: January 19, 2007, 03:08:15 am

Offline Dustow

• Just settled in
  • Dustow has no influence.
Quote from: Black Heart
i like the fact that we can right off evolution because its ridiculous to evolve from single cell organisms, and offensive to think we evolved from monkeys, but story involving a talking snake an apple and a spare rib is perfectly rational and acceptable.

In fact evolutionist's believe that we evolved from nothing.. ie the big bang started everything but originated from nothing.. The earth cooled after millions of years... it rained for another million and out of the rain that hit the rocks formed what they call the "soup" and out of the soup spawned cells (from water and rock) and out of that here we are... eventually...  Ithink it's much easier on the human brain to believe that someone made the earth... well that's what I think.

Reply #638 Posted: January 19, 2007, 05:39:07 am

Offline Dustow

• Just settled in
  • Dustow has no influence.

mmmm  what do you base that theory on??  You must have some evidence to back that claim up.

Reply #639 Posted: January 19, 2007, 05:42:01 am

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Dustow
In fact evolutionist's believe that we evolved from nothing.. ie the big bang started everything but originated from nothing.. The earth cooled after millions of years... it rained for another million and out of the rain that hit the rocks formed what they call the "soup" and out of the soup spawned cells (from water and rock) and out of that here we are... eventually...  Ithink it's much easier on the human brain to believe that someone made the earth... well that's what I think.

Wrong. Evolutionary scientists believe that life on earth evolved through a natural process. They don't say SHIT about where the universe came from. That is the realm of astrophysics and Stephen Hawking.

Reply #640 Posted: January 19, 2007, 05:56:56 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
I hate Americans.

Laugh at them here:

FUCKING WIN!

Reply #641 Posted: January 19, 2007, 06:01:49 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Quote from: Tiwaking!
Roosevelt didnt even want to intervene in WWII.

Myth. Roosevelt was very keen to get involved, but he had trouble selling it to the general populace because of the large number of Americans who were descended from Germans and Italians.

Quote from: Arnifix
FUCKING WIN!

Was teh Vodnik getting serviced?

Reply #642 Posted: January 19, 2007, 06:22:33 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Arnifix

Quote from: TofuEater
Was teh Vodnik getting serviced? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NZyZsU87ms

You spend your time on the internet looking for shit like that...

:disappoin

Reply #643 Posted: January 19, 2007, 06:43:47 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Na dood, it was one of the links on the page that BerG posted. :P

Reply #644 Posted: January 19, 2007, 07:04:02 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
MrFiskIt']The earth is flat and is the centre of the universe. Everything rotates around us.

Actually, I remember reading somewhere that this is indeed the case - I mean, the earth is obviously a sphere shape, but because of the constant and relative expansion of the universe, at any moment in time, any position in the known universe could be referred to as the 'centre of the universe' - right down to the atomic level.

And as a Christian, let me tell you: Christians are nuts. Well, some anyway. Like, I have a mate at church who doesn't believe in atoms, particles, elements, etc etc. Since he can't see it with his eyes, it doesn't exist. Thats just ludicrous! And not even counting the fact people have seen it with their eyes using microscopes (which I pointed out, and he dismissed). Another one was concerned when we started discussing Bill Bryson's book, even though it was recommended to me by a visiting preacher from Australia - he felt I shouldn't be reading books that may disagree with the Bible. I was like, "I can make my own judgments you know".

As for the article, Bush administration = fail.

Reply #645 Posted: January 19, 2007, 07:23:54 am

Offline b00sta

• Just settled in
  • b00sta has no influence.
MrFiskIt']Noah put 2 of every animal in a boat.

Mary gave birth without having sex.

The world was made in 6 days.

Again statements but no proof that any of these things did not happen. Bring evidence that this wasn't the case or if you can't the it can't be disproven then you must at least accept it as a possibility.

Reply #646 Posted: January 19, 2007, 09:07:56 am
R*I*P Buddah aka Jeremy Clarke 09.08.09

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
no proof?
Noahs ark is not humanly possible to  maintain all the livestock, let alone collect every animal. theres nothing to suggest a boat that large was ever built outside of the bible.
It's also impossible for our weather to 'produce' rain its a constant cycle, while flooding obviously can occur its always localised, and the oceans CANNOT rise meters upon meters due to rain.

Mary- thats makes an gereat TUI ad.

Telescopes have revealed other planets / systems forming. theres nothing rational to suggest ours didn't form exactly the same way.

google > flat earth myth <, nobody sane ever believed the earth was flat.

Reply #647 Posted: January 19, 2007, 09:40:40 am

Offline true

• Devoted Member
  • true has no influence.
Quote from: SwindLe

Religion isnt flawed as bad as most ppl currently think, its just been used in an unconstructive, negative way by certain ppl which has impacted badly on society in recent times.

I believe that science and religion are essentially part of the same thing but because of the machinations of certain ppl/groups, they have been split apart and used to certain ends, most of which havent been good, and which leads to brother arguing with brother, brother hating brother, brother killing brother.

I also believe the way in which we perceive what the function of science is, is wrong. Many accent cultures and groups used both science and belief in a higher power to wonderful ends. The Egytians practiced advanced chemistry, geometry and nautical practices, as well as having strong belief in many deities/gods. The Aztecs also had strong belief in the higher power and worshipped the gods in great communal ceremonies. They were also master masons, hunters, architects, farmers and had a great understanding of advanced mathmatics and chemistry. Jesus and the Essenes (and various friends of Jesus) practiced advanced geometry and the art of alchemy.

Reply #648 Posted: January 19, 2007, 09:42:28 am
bought wow
quit sauce

Offline Equity

• Addicted
  • Equity has no influence.
i thought  they found what was supposed to be the ark on some random mountain...

Reply #649 Posted: January 19, 2007, 09:52:20 am
"think c2w might be a little to hard core for my skills atm anyways"-Splatter