Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
This thread isn't dead your not fooling me.

Reply #1500 Posted: March 23, 2007, 01:02:48 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Yeah religious people, what you got to say about Christmas now.

Reply #1501 Posted: March 23, 2007, 01:14:47 pm

Offline Santa Claus

• Just settled in
  • Santa Claus has no influence.
Quote from: BerG;370217
Yeah religious people, what you got to say about Christmas now.
STFU.

Reply #1502 Posted: March 23, 2007, 01:20:14 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
no it's not dead, i've been too busy to post lately.

On one of the religious forums i frequent one of the physics guru's (he has a PHD in applied physics) stated this in relation to the "sun rises and sets and hurries back to rise again" bible quotes:

Quote from: Bojan
It all depends on your frame of reference. It is quite possible to construct a non-inertial frame of reference in which the Earth would be stationary and Sun would be moving around it. In order to make sense of it you would need to study some General Theory of Relativity. Which, of course, would require some effort. It's much easier to sit back and throw rocks on those crazy deluded religious people.

Now, I may not have a PHD in physics, but I can tell you that having the entire universe revolve around earth is impossible. For one, the further an object from earth then the faster it's orbital speed must be to maintain 1 complete orbit in a single day.

So, using basic mathematics, I calculated that the furtherest object that could orbit us in 86,400 seconds (1 day) before it broke the speed of light would be about 4.125E+12m. This is a lot less than a light year which is 10.46E+12m.

Proxima Centauri, our clsoest neighbour, is 4.26 light years away. It's orbital speed would be 97,691.56C.

Reply #1503 Posted: March 23, 2007, 02:44:48 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Link to forum please so I can watch you own him.

Reply #1504 Posted: March 23, 2007, 02:51:10 pm

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted

Reply #1505 Posted: March 23, 2007, 02:53:13 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Santa Claus;370225
STFU.

LOL, i pissed myself when i read this, just pure lol, avatar and all!

Reply #1506 Posted: March 23, 2007, 02:53:28 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!

Reply #1507 Posted: March 23, 2007, 02:53:43 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: ™swindLe..;370296
Can this thread die?

No.

Reply #1508 Posted: March 23, 2007, 03:00:08 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!

Reply #1509 Posted: March 23, 2007, 03:00:43 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
if you're not interested then don't read it. This thread is here so that we can explore the relationship between religion and science.

Reply #1510 Posted: March 23, 2007, 03:01:49 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

LOL.

Its great.

That woman that threatenss to ban you i giving some real conclusive answers-

"The Holy Spirit can and does answer this question. But it comes with study and prayer."

Reply #1511 Posted: March 23, 2007, 03:05:56 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: BerG;370307

"The Holy Spirit can and does answer this question. But it comes with study and prayer."

you sure at the end its not meant to say "Stupidity and Ignorance."?

Reply #1512 Posted: March 23, 2007, 03:11:13 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Fragin

• Addicted
  • Fragin barely matters.Fragin barely matters.
Quote from: Santa Claus;370225
STFU.

lol. :rnr:

Reply #1513 Posted: March 23, 2007, 03:12:58 pm
Originally Posted by Templar
If my mother kills someone, then gets out of jail and kills someone again and she is guilty beyond any doubt, then yes I will be sad but she\'d have to go.

Originally Posted by Xt1ncT
You see, you or Pyro doesn\'t get to choose how I define my own words. I do.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: dirtyape;370288
On one of the religious forums i frequent one of the physics guru's (he has a PHD in applied physics) stated this in relation to the "sun rises and sets and hurries back to rise again" bible quotes

It sounds like this guy has a severe case of "Full-of-shitism". I know there was a guy like that once, oh wait at second! It was......
[video]aoz4lCI0gko[/video]
ADOLF HITLER!
Quote from: BerG;370292
Link to forum please so I can watch you own him.

I'd come visit that forum too. But I'd probably be banned after what.....three posts? Eight maximum
Can this thread die?

You could help that process along by leading by example!

....and why the hell arent you looking after your baby? Smacking children may become illegal soon, but smacking bad parents never will be!

Reply #1514 Posted: March 23, 2007, 10:15:06 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline KiLL3r

• KiLL3r has no influence.
Can this thread die?

give us one good reason and it will happen

Reply #1515 Posted: March 23, 2007, 10:34:04 pm

Offline swindle

Quote from: Tiwaking!;370662
....and why the hell arent you looking after your baby? Smacking children may become illegal soon, but smacking bad parents never will be!
God thats a load of bullshit huh? I gotta make good use of it while i can!

OMFG IM JOKING CALM DOWN

Reply #1516 Posted: March 24, 2007, 11:16:28 am

Offline (BHP)Clyock

• Just settled in
  • (BHP)Clyock has no influence.
The trouble with this thread dying is that seven days later its back in your face.

Reply #1517 Posted: March 24, 2007, 02:01:52 pm

Offline BerG

• Terminator

I'm overwhelmingly tempted to post a picture of a big penis on that christian forum (see example here)

Can I?

Reply #1518 Posted: March 25, 2007, 05:42:26 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: BerG;371853
I'm overwhelmingly tempted to post a picture of a big penis on that christian forum (see example here)

Can I?

you may. on one condition

Spoiler :
you insult as many christians as possible :), if they are pro american it might be good to add the caption "was jesus black?"

Reply #1519 Posted: March 25, 2007, 06:06:55 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Those guys on that Christian forum were so annoying. "If we just pretend like the evidence isn't there, we'll die and go to heaven without ever having to acknowledge it!"

Actually, I was talking to my parents about this exact topic (ie, the line between science and religion). My dad is open to evidence on things like evolution, but my mum is totally closed to it, which got me thinking: the question of things like evolution, the big bang, the rise of humanity, and other such stuff, its about more than just disproving religion or discrediting the bible - like, I don't take it that way at all. To me, these questions are the core questions of who I am and where I came from.

Reply #1520 Posted: March 25, 2007, 09:01:24 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
im bored so here comes the stupid pictures

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/catalyst_bucket/1171878689746.jpg
Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Reply #1521 Posted: March 26, 2007, 04:00:55 pm

Offline KiLL3r

If god is everything does that make him/her/it a straight/gay/bi hermaphrodite/thing?

Reply #1522 Posted: March 27, 2007, 04:03:05 pm

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.

Reply #1523 Posted: March 27, 2007, 04:10:54 pm

Offline KiLL3r

Quote from: cata|yst;373449
sure does

woah glad i dont believe in him then. would be kinda confusing meeting him/her/it.

would that also mean god has boobs and facial hair/adams apple/excessive body hair?

Im now confused thou if god made us in his image why arnt we all straight/gay/bi/hermaphrodite/thing with boobs and facial hair/adams apples and excessive body hair?

Reply #1524 Posted: March 27, 2007, 04:13:10 pm