Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline BerG

• Terminator

• BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.BerG is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: ccfc;431583
lol page 69

Wow thats quite a disturbing avatar you've got there :D

Reply #2750 Posted: May 22, 2007, 10:06:23 pm

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;432089
The problem here isn't that I'm arrogant - the problem here is that cobra took offense at me having a little bit of a laugh - it was meant as a joke mate, get over it.

didn't take offense - not even close - not even close to a joke - just wasn't funny

Reply #2751 Posted: May 22, 2007, 11:29:12 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.

Reply #2752 Posted: May 23, 2007, 07:23:22 am

Offline (BHP)Clyock

• Just settled in
  • (BHP)Clyock has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;431833
(And as I mentioned already, God invented the doctors who made the prosthetics, and He made the scientists who are now working on human tissue regeneration techniques. 'Sif Satan or any scientist would give a crap about you and your missing leg without the compassionate side of God that was put into them.)

Hold on here, doesn't most of our scientific (include medical) practices stem from early Greek period methods? You know Hippocrites etc.. and these guys pre-dated any single God entity and infact owed their inspiration to Appolo et al.

So are you saying at a time where God, (in the eyes of the worlds inhabitants), didn't exist he was infact moving the humans around to discover these ideas but later in time when he did exist,(in the eyes of the worlds inhabitants), his followers outlawed many of these practices (that He inspired) as withcraft and devil worship to the point where they would drill a hole in someones head to let the demons out instead of waiting for the headache to go away.

So my question is : Why not reveal His existance at the time of the original concepts so it would all be seen as His work and save us from wandering around with holes in our heads?

Reply #2753 Posted: May 23, 2007, 09:48:41 am

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: (BHP)Clyock;432671
Hold on here, doesn't most of our scientific (include medical) practices stem from early Greek period methods? You know Hippocrites etc.. and these guys pre-dated any single God entity and infact owed their inspiration to Appolo et al.

So are you saying at a time where God, (in the eyes of the worlds inhabitants), didn't exist he was infact moving the humans around to discover these ideas but later in time when he did exist,(in the eyes of the worlds inhabitants), his followers outlawed many of these practices (that He inspired) as withcraft and devil worship to the point where they would drill a hole in someones head to let the demons out instead of waiting for the headache to go away.

So my question is : Why not reveal His existance at the time of the original concepts so it would all be seen as His work and save us from wandering around with holes in our heads?

Because it would influence free will?

I don't think I understood the question :sly:

Reply #2754 Posted: May 23, 2007, 11:41:43 am

Offline (BHP)Clyock

• Just settled in
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;432733
Because it would influence free will?

I don't think I understood the question :sly:

If you are attributing all knowledge and discovery to God (re:doctors) why did he not allow his message to be prevelant from the begining. That is, why go through the pretence of multi-diety worship, why not show himself (send Jesus to earth earlier) and have Christianity as the main religion from day one?

In this way all the knowledge gained by  ancient cultures would have been availible for all time and not lost due to its source. Many medical practices were lost due to thier roots in "paganism", imagine the Dark Ages with all the Greek knowledge inplace. The plague would not have had the same effect for a start.

Reply #2755 Posted: May 23, 2007, 12:06:43 pm

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
  • TuataraDude has no influence.
No doubt about it now. The argument is over. Here is your proof:

[video]QGMuIyBK5P4[/video]

Reply #2756 Posted: May 29, 2007, 04:52:25 pm
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Offline Simon_NZ

• Addicted
  • Simon_NZ has no influence.

Reply #2757 Posted: May 29, 2007, 05:02:12 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.
The tabs on my banana's never work.  Thus God has failed me.

Reply #2758 Posted: May 29, 2007, 05:27:37 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Zarathrustra;439528
The tabs on my banana's never work.  Thus God has failed me.

I got so tired of the tabs that I just bred some bananas with zippers in.

IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!

Reply #2759 Posted: May 29, 2007, 05:45:39 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
most convincing argument for god i have ever heard- in all honesty

Reply #2760 Posted: May 29, 2007, 06:23:14 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.
Damn it... I just broke a tooth trying to eat my coconut... I love coconut, so much tastier than banana.

Reply #2761 Posted: May 29, 2007, 06:53:41 pm

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
um - who opens bananas at that end?

i open a banana from the other end cause it doesnt damage the fruit

Reply #2762 Posted: May 29, 2007, 07:29:12 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: TuataraDude;439491
No doubt about it now. The argument is over. Here is your proof:

[video]QGMuIyBK5P4[/video]

W.

T.

F.

:disappoin

See, I hate stupid crap like this - mostly because the ultimate question is: if God created bananas for ease of entry, and evolution is a crock (ie we didn't come from monkeys), then why do monkeys eat more bananas than humans do? I believe God created everything, but I don't think bananas are the undeniable proof that makes everything fall into place.

If they were, I wouldn't be semi-allergic to them.

I don't know any other way to respond to this.

Reply #2763 Posted: May 29, 2007, 08:30:27 pm

Offline TuataraDude

• Devoted Member
  • TuataraDude has no influence.
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;439833
W.

T.

F.

:disappoin

See, I hate stupid crap like this - mostly because the ultimate question is: if God created bananas for ease of entry, and evolution is a crock (ie we didn't come from monkeys), then why do monkeys eat more bananas than humans do? I believe God created everything, but I don't think bananas are the undeniable proof that makes everything fall into place.

If they were, I wouldn't be semi-allergic to them.

I don't know any other way to respond to this.

The worst thing is, I posted it to add a bit of humour to the debate, but that guy is serious about it.

Reply #2764 Posted: May 29, 2007, 08:34:06 pm
Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in.

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: TuataraDude;439842
The worst thing is, I posted it to add a bit of humour to the debate, but that guy is serious about it.

Don't get me wrong - I think its funny!
I'm just disappointed that me and him have something in common :(

Reply #2765 Posted: May 29, 2007, 08:56:32 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: ThaFleastyler;439906
Don't get me wrong - I think its funny!
I'm just disappointed that me and him have something in common :(

Opposable thumbs?

On a more serious note I was reading the newspaper this morning and came across this in the "Honest to God" column(which is a really interesting column)

http://www.creationmuseum.org/

Yes that is right! A $40 MILLION dollar Museum dedicated to creation science!

How many starving Africans could have that money saved?

Reply #2766 Posted: May 29, 2007, 09:26:25 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline (BHP)Clyock

• Just settled in
Quote from: TuataraDude;439842

The worst thing is that monkeys open them from the other end. Maybe it's our interpretation of the banana that is incorrect.

I've seen this guy before talking about Giraffes and how they are proof of God as only he could have designed them and no way could they have evolved.

Reply #2767 Posted: May 29, 2007, 11:04:17 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.
Monkeys don't demand banana's...they'll eat whatever cut up fruit the zoo keeper throws at them...

then after they have eaten they'll fling their shit at the zoo keeper to let them know who's boss.

Reply #2768 Posted: May 29, 2007, 11:12:58 pm

Offline Black Heart

• Addicted
  • Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.Black Heart is working their way up.
Then why did god make christians so easy to be eaten by lions ? I mean they should be poisonous or something surely.

Reply #2769 Posted: May 30, 2007, 09:16:45 am

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Perhaps there was a skill shortage in heaven and he needed more workers?

Reply #2770 Posted: May 30, 2007, 09:33:33 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: private_hell;439688
um - who opens bananas at that end?

i open a banana from the other end cause it doesnt damage the fruit

Quote from: (BHP)Clyock;440063
The worst thing is that monkeys open them from the other end. Maybe it's our interpretation of the banana that is incorrect.

:D

so who else opens bananas from the bottom?

Reply #2771 Posted: May 30, 2007, 09:43:29 am
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
you guys can't have fully evolved yet or something. Banana eating weirdos.

Reply #2772 Posted: May 30, 2007, 09:52:51 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
im all about less effort fruit - easy peel mandarins, peeling bananas from the bottom

Reply #2773 Posted: May 30, 2007, 09:56:07 am

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
I think easy-peeling mandarins are the REALLY UNDENIABLE proof that God exists.

Along with the easy-open tabs on those small tins of tuna, the wide hole on the top of drinking cans and marmite (just ... cause.)

Actually, while I'm here, let me say that I almost believe that trying to sum up the existence of God in such a small package as a banana peel is almost insulting to the very nature of God. Its obvious to anyone that the existence of God can't be summed up so easily, so why even try?

Reply #2774 Posted: May 30, 2007, 10:10:29 am