Topic: Religion. The evolution, creation and everything in between megathread

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Quote from: KiLL3r;541197
i want that on a t  shirt

You'll make millions. I'd buy one.

Reply #3675 Posted: September 15, 2007, 10:24:03 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline nzjeebs

• Addicted
  • nzjeebs has no influence.
Quote from: KiLL3r;541197
i want that on a t  shirt

If someone did...it would be the 4Chan raid on GPForums all over again, except on Iconz (Its from 4chan)

Reply #3676 Posted: September 15, 2007, 10:27:20 pm
aka Jeebs

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
Make it but don't affiliate it to ICONZ. Problem solved.

Also, Jesus weeps over this thread.

Reply #3677 Posted: September 16, 2007, 08:27:23 am

Offline Poos

• Just settled in
  • Poos has no influence.
Rofl that shirt is just classic:rnr:

Reply #3678 Posted: September 16, 2007, 01:31:17 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
  • DEATH0WL has no influence.

Can you believe I found this thread on the forth page?

Reply #3679 Posted: September 26, 2007, 03:02:50 am

Offline cobra

• Devoted Member
  • cobra has no influence.
this thread keeps getting nailed to that cross and dying but a few days later it's back

Reply #3680 Posted: September 26, 2007, 01:05:54 pm

Offline Steady

• Addicted
  • Steady has no influence.
I went and watched evan almighty. Its shit.

Reply #3681 Posted: September 26, 2007, 01:09:28 pm
SOMETIMES I\'M NOT SERIOUS LOL

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
  • ThaFleastyler barely matters.ThaFleastyler barely matters.
Quote from: cobra;550100
this thread keeps getting nailed to that cross and dying but a few days later it's back

Dude, that rabbit cartoon is epic!
"You must spread more reputation around ... blah blah"

As for the thread ...
"1And lo, 2on the fourth page it rose again ..."

Reply #3682 Posted: September 26, 2007, 06:20:40 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
I tried explaining flying spaghetti monster to a chick at work who's a christian (intelligent design, et al) then my sister as well (who's recently decided to be a christian).

they both said it sounded stupid.

Reply #3683 Posted: September 26, 2007, 06:59:45 pm
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.

Reply #3684 Posted: September 26, 2007, 07:23:31 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Bounty Hunter;550464
I tried explaining flying spaghetti monster to a chick at work who's a christian (intelligent design, et al) then my sister as well (who's recently decided to be a christian).

they both said it sounded stupid.

Stupid?

And the idea that your invisible friend and the great invisible floating all-seeing eye-in-the-sky who watches everything, knows what you do and wants you to die so they can listen to you do nothing but praise how great they are......is not stupid?

Then again, they'll have the last laugh when they're all floating around in heaven looking at people they've left behind after the rapture who cannot be saved(of course)

Try explaining the "Invisible pink unicorn" to them instead. It makes more sense

May the FSM bless you with his noodley appendages

Reply #3685 Posted: September 26, 2007, 09:24:13 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
It's hard to explain things to people when they deliberately refuse to listen.

Like the time the Principal told me to get a haircut then asked if we needed to argue over it.

Knowing how damn stubborn and single-sided he is I simply asked whether there would be any point and he said "No" and burst out laughing.

There's no way that a religious type would be able to convince me theirs a God, as that's completely impossible. Unless they used some sort of bloody mind control tricks, like the "Foot in the door" technique employed by those bloody Mormons.

Reply #3686 Posted: September 26, 2007, 09:51:22 pm

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
Quote from: DEATH0WL;550602
It's hard to explain things to people when they deliberately refuse to listen.

I know the feeling :sunnies:

This all comes back to the old discussion we had here about forcing views on to people. No-one can claim superiority in some of those situations, which is why I'm probably about as anti-door-knocking as you guys are. For me personally, I won't usually cruise around talking about my church and my beliefs unless prodded; I don't deliberately look to try and swing discussions that way.

I think of it like this: I don't like Morris dancing, but I would respect my friends if they did; but at the same time, I wouldn't want them constantly talking to me about morris dancing and constantly inviting me along to "give it a try, you might like it." Its really a consideration issue to me - live and let live, I say.

Reply #3687 Posted: September 26, 2007, 10:46:01 pm

Offline RunningTarget

• Just settled in
  • RunningTarget has no influence.

Reply #3688 Posted: September 27, 2007, 08:21:50 am

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: 'frog.;534843
we are born with this knowledge of right and wrong.

Not really, it is society that teaches moral values. It starts with the parents.

Quote from: KiLL3r;535830
that depends what u define a god as.

I think the simplified definition would be "the reason for existence". I think that is the root of what god should mean. Just rip out all the religious assumptions and humanisation and that's what's left.

Quote from: Shadow Warrior;537066
1st of I am a believer in Creationism more than I am in Evolution for the following reasons...

Awwww.... i missed all the action... but would just like to point out that believing in assumptions is just an expression of your arrogance.

Quote from: Heretic;537610
Anyway it's been fun, I like arguing with deluded people. Laters for good.

:violin: Just another theist ranting about their personal god and behaving childishly when that personal god is challenged. epic fail

Reply #3689 Posted: September 27, 2007, 10:15:28 am
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline frog.

• Devoted Member
  • frog. has no influence.
Quote from: dirtyape;550799
Not really, it is society that teaches moral values. It starts with the parents.

yes this is societies values and morals, to fit in we need them but thats only if you want to fit in. the shadow/superego which is closely connected to the id is what im talking about, i believe this is where our innate sense of right and wrong is what ever they may be and is suppressed by the ego or the conscious.

not to long ago the unconscious side of the self was left at the door ("we have an unconscious mind? are you crazy!?") only to be brought back into the light by the likes of Jung and Freud. still we are not taught anything about this when i believe it is something that the self needs to know.

its hard for me to explain as im still trying to grasp the idea, any corrections will help but i think i have the bases of what i wanted to say. its a great concept to think about.

Reply #3690 Posted: September 27, 2007, 07:07:05 pm
pancakesrreal | Everyone of us is high but you

Offline dirtyape

• Addicted
  • dirtyape has no influence.
Quote from: 'frog.;551233
yes this is societies values and morals, to fit in we need them but thats only if you want to fit in. the shadow/superego which is closely connected to the id is what im talking about, i believe this is where our innate sense of right and wrong is what ever they may be and is suppressed by the ego or the conscious.

hmmmm, i guess you're kinda right, all start out innocient but i'd say that from there it depends on your experience of the world. It would be interesting to see what ethics a child has that has grown up in complete isolation.

Quote from: 'frog.;551233
not to long ago the unconscious side of the self was left at the door ("we have an unconscious mind? are you crazy!?") only to be brought back into the light by the likes of Jung and Freud. still we are not taught anything about this when i believe it is something that the self needs to know.

its hard for me to explain as im still trying to grasp the idea, any corrections will help but i think i have the bases of what i wanted to say. its a great concept to think about.

I think it would be very hard to isolate ones innate ethical values from those imposed by the world around you.

Reply #3691 Posted: September 27, 2007, 10:13:58 pm
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that they are difficult to verify." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline ThaFleastyler

• Addicted
It would be possible to argue that our innate sense of right and wrong is hard coded at birth, and that the experience of the world simply causes you to regard it or disregard it. From that angle, life experience would simply reinforce what we already know, or cause us to do the opposite.

Reply #3692 Posted: September 27, 2007, 11:08:15 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Shadow Warrior;537447
btw the fux part was deliberate.

"JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T REALISE, that was me tryins to be wittyrar."

Did this make anyone else piss themselves with ultimate lulz?

Reply #3693 Posted: September 27, 2007, 11:31:40 pm

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Hori;551643
"JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T REALISE, that was me tryins to be wittyrar."

Did this make anyone else piss themselves with ultimate lulz?

Can't remember, I probably snickered. Stupid troll was too stupid to troll.

PS. Don't tell me you're rereading this thread or something?

Reply #3694 Posted: September 28, 2007, 12:09:23 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
what about the common cold?

a micro organism that changes it's genetic make up to suit the carrier?

surely this proves evolution

what about the existance of DNA? the human genome? the proof that off spring often differ slightly from their parents? or is that why you made sex a bad thing?

Reply #3695 Posted: October 08, 2007, 09:15:59 pm

Offline DDM

• Addicted
  • DDM has no influence.
God made all of those things. He gave them the ability to change and adapt and evolve.

God created evolution.

P.S Not my point of view, but undoubtedly the same excuse many people would give you.

Reply #3696 Posted: October 08, 2007, 09:51:16 pm

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
^
lolz, I got to the last line and was relieved that you were joking.

I think there is a spititual world of some sort, but no-one in this world can and could ever put a name or a face to it. I think it's called Agnostic?

Reply #3697 Posted: October 08, 2007, 09:56:43 pm

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
Quote from: DDM;562173
God made all of those things. He gave them the ability to change and adapt and evolve.

God created evolution.

P.S Not my point of view, but undoubtedly the same excuse many people would give you.

hmm, the problem is inconsistancy in religion and intelligent deisgn.

what applys to one does not apply to another.

which is the common problem, in science and math, you have consistancy.

in science if you add 1 to a number, you get the next number.

1+1 = 2

2+1 = 3

8+1 = 9

in religion 1 and 2 are excusive, they might for all fact be the same, but because it doesnt fit with the theory they're said to be different.

therefore we can say in intelligent deisgn that

1+1 = 8

2+1 = 369,422.00381

8+1 = 0062.-91

double zero sixty two point negative ninety one.

therefore religion will allow us to travel to the edge of space, our ship is x big, has y many people, and is moving at z speed, the distance we need to travel is a, the time it takes is t

t = x + y x z / a

t = 500 + 3 x 62 / 300,000,000

t = last week

therefore when we reach a nebula (which ive heard is where heaven was relocated to when we managed to get above the clouds) we will find nothing there but gravity fields to ruin our faces and a realization that we've been had for the passed 2 thousand years.

Reply #3698 Posted: October 08, 2007, 10:12:49 pm

Offline DEATH0WL

• Addicted
Quote from: DDM;562173

God created evolution.

That would be the easy way out of being trapped in the corner really.

Welcome back! However it'll probably be gone again soon, people are tired of the Ultimate battle by the looks of it...

Reply #3699 Posted: October 08, 2007, 10:14:00 pm