Topic: Random Images

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Fuck off with your activist crap, I'm not here to be preached to. THIS IS SPARTA GAMERHUB.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z264/Emrico1/DSC03202.jpg
Random Images

Nice photography I guess...

Reply #9225 Posted: December 12, 2009, 11:13:11 am

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Geez Em, you on your rags or something...I thought the photos were interesting, that is all. Where was the preaching?

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/Ngati_Grim/1977047566_5c6eb3ae40.jpg
Random Images

Reply #9226 Posted: December 12, 2009, 12:16:44 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
I'm sorry to come off as harsh.

They are amazing photos. It just comes accross as political propaganda stuff to me, and kinda annoys me on a Saturday morning in the lols thread.

No harm done.

China's not all bad.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z264/Emrico1/ZZLLJoBFcBaFjT3wNk0ychegamesfree_ca.jpg
Random Images

Reply #9227 Posted: December 12, 2009, 12:41:15 pm

Offline BloodDonor

• Just settled in
  • BloodDonor has no influence.
theyre looking pretty impressed at something (especially the ones about a third of the way from this end)

large image:
Spoiler :
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/BloodDonor/lol/Q23Id.jpg
Random Images

Reply #9228 Posted: December 12, 2009, 01:07:47 pm
The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be. -- Lao Tsu

Offline varkk

• Just settled in
  • varkk has no influence.
You're doing it wrong

Reply #9229 Posted: December 12, 2009, 08:48:44 pm

Offline Zarathrustra

• Addicted
  • Zarathrustra has no influence.
Quote from: BloodDonor;1035367
theyre looking pretty impressed at something (especially the ones about a third of the way from this end)

large image:
Spoiler :
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/BloodDonor/lol/Q23Id.jpg
Random Images

Arnifix has a bumper car?

AWESOME!

Reply #9230 Posted: December 12, 2009, 10:28:59 pm

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
Quote from: Emrico1;1035357
I'm sorry to come off as harsh.

They are amazing photos. It just comes accross as political propaganda stuff to me, and kinda annoys me on a Saturday morning in the lols thread.

No harm done.

China's not all bad.

lucky its not a lols thread then. guess its much easier to turn a blind eye.

picture of mine taken earlier this year:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9889/32058746.jpg
Random Images

Reply #9231 Posted: December 13, 2009, 06:07:04 am
sila.

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
^ You get to some cool places. Where's that? It sort of looks like behind Mount Somers.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll47/Ngati_Grim/6a00d8341bf7f753ef0120a73e7335970b-.jpg
Random Images

Source

Reply #9232 Posted: December 13, 2009, 08:07:02 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline 5loth

• Addicted
  • 5loth has no influence.
Quote from: Ngati_Grim;1035683
^ You get to some cool places. Where's that? It sort of looks like behind Mount Somers.

yep exactly there.

Reply #9233 Posted: December 13, 2009, 03:37:25 pm
sila.

Offline nzkiwiwhiteboy

• Just settled in
  • nzkiwiwhiteboy has no influence.

Reply #9234 Posted: December 13, 2009, 03:58:21 pm
Death by tray it shall be.

Offline pix

• Addicted
  • pix has no influence.
Ahhhh. I am lost, what do I do!?

http://imgur.com/IVhHh.jpg
Random Images

Sorry about the dual screens.

Reply #9235 Posted: December 14, 2009, 01:10:56 am
I still call it ICONZ.

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.
This is completely unhelpful and off topic but what OS are you running there

Reply #9236 Posted: December 14, 2009, 01:34:11 am
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline pix

• Addicted
  • pix has no influence.
Ubuntu my friend. And this is what you can do with it.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/770/mandriva.png
Random Images

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5460/snapshot6.png
Random Images

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2612/4146363127_c4b9b8fb48_o.png
Random Images

And token "showing off vid"
I present, Compiz.
[video]E4Fbk52Mk1w[/video]

Reply #9237 Posted: December 14, 2009, 01:59:31 am
I still call it ICONZ.

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
Quote from: pix;1036088
Ubuntu my friend.

And how is that working out for you? I have often though of making the change to linux, purely because windows is shitty and expensive, but win 7 made me stay with it.

Reply #9238 Posted: December 14, 2009, 02:09:45 am

Offline pix

• Addicted
  • pix has no influence.
I run linux on all four of my computers. One is a Pentium I @ 133mhz, 92mb ram w/ a 4gb HDD laptop, I still browse the web quite comfortably with DSL or Puppy linux. I quite like linux, flash isn't great on 64bit, which gets annoying.
If you're comfortable with steep learning curves, a terminal and have a passion for computers, I can recommend Arch and Gentoo. For the more every day person, Ubuntu/Mint and Mandriva. The thing I love about Ubuntu is its easy to learn about. And if you do rummage through the CLI and fuck something up, there's generally someone on the forums or documentation that has a resolution.
I have W7 on dual boot for games - But I can run all my current games through cedega anyway, so... I still prefer to do my everyday computing in Ubuntu.

Once you've conquered the basics of controlling a computer via the command line, its hard to go back to the slow process of conventional mouse clicking to get anywhere :P

Installing 10 very separate programs with one command. (downloading, un-packing and installing for all ten, I love 'sudo apt-get install')
Automatic synchronising of libraries between computers.
Automatic backups with cron.
Repositories!
No viruses, yay!
Complete control and customisability.

These are some of the things I like, I understand Linux isn't for everyone, but I've installed it for a few people who are interested. One was a ~50yr old who came from a win95 PC, lived in the whop-whops and didn't have an internet connection :P So you can't tell me Linux is only for the tech-savvy!

EDIT: A picture. Just some art, the guy is me. Took me about 5 minutes including post production and photo, so don't be too critical :P

Reply #9239 Posted: December 14, 2009, 02:13:12 am
I still call it ICONZ.

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
That is impressive i must admit^

Reply #9240 Posted: December 14, 2009, 02:17:31 am

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
Did someone say big pic

Reply #9241 Posted: December 14, 2009, 03:42:14 am

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: pix;1036088
Ubuntu my friend. And this is what you can do with it.

It's just too bad that it's shit. :007:

More chitchat below (no pics)
Spoiler :
And yeh, unlike most distro recommendations, I actually use ubuntu at work. God it fucks me off.
mreeeeh. Update this, update that, but no, you can't get the most recent version because it's not supported by this release... just let me eat all your bandwidth and then some because you're going to have to download the next ISO anyway to upgrade... *urgh*
Just a windows on linux really. But I guess that helps nubs enter the free world, so can't complain too heavily.

Quote from: pix;1036098
I have W7 on dual boot for games - But I can run all my current games through cedega anyway, so... I still prefer to do my everyday computing in Ubuntu.

Installing 10 very separate programs with one command. (downloading, un-packing and installing for all ten, I love 'sudo apt-get install')

EDIT: A picture. Just some art, the guy is me. Took me about 5 minutes including post production and photo, so don't be too critical :P

Nice pic, did you do that with GIMP?

I prefer pacman -S

Cedega.
How's that working out these days?
Last time I looked at it, it hadn't been updated in about 3 years, and vanilla wine was doing a much better job with most games.
Infact, last LAN I went to, didn't even boot to windows, heh.

Reply #9242 Posted: December 14, 2009, 07:20:00 am
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• Addicted
  • Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!Bounty Hunter is awe-inspiring!
i run kubuntu on my desktop.

lost interest....

image for truer story + acceptance for posting in the random images thread

Reply #9243 Posted: December 14, 2009, 09:31:36 am
"We are the majority we arent the tards, the people we pick on are." -Luse_K

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...

Reply #9244 Posted: December 14, 2009, 10:17:35 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Holy shit! .. source?!

Reply #9245 Posted: December 14, 2009, 10:20:25 am

Offline Pagan

• Just settled in
  • Pagan has no influence.
Ghost that is awesome. You must spread reputation blabla.

Will when I can

Reply #9246 Posted: December 14, 2009, 10:30:15 am
----------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by kiwi_mongo  

Sometimes it would just be easier to be single and just wank a lot!

Offline pix

• Addicted
  • pix has no influence.
Quote from: Pyromanik;1036122
It's just too bad that it's shit. :007:

More chitchat below (no pics)
Spoiler :
And yeh, unlike most distro recommendations, I actually use ubuntu at work. God it fucks me off.
mreeeeh. Update this, update that, but no, you can't get the most recent version because it's not supported by this release... just let me eat all your bandwidth and then some because you're going to have to download the next ISO anyway to upgrade... *urgh*
Just a windows on linux really. But I guess that helps nubs enter the free world, so can't complain too heavily.

Nice pic, did you do that with GIMP?

I prefer pacman -S

Cedega.
How's that working out these days?
Last time I looked at it, it hadn't been updated in about 3 years, and vanilla wine was doing a much better job with most games.
Infact, last LAN I went to, didn't even boot to windows, heh.

I've got a pretty old version so I wouldn't know about the recent releases, but it runs games alright - Wine does an ok job, but was getting artifacts in CS. pacman is pretty good, I've had a play around with Arch had Fluxbox/Nautilus install, used it for about 2-3 months, commands don't worry me too much as I always setup alias's anyway.

The Ubuntu upgrade system is a bit broken... to update from 9.04 - 9.10, the download was ~900mb, wtf? I downloaded the ISO and updated from that, 700mb... lol. Its one advantage of a rolling release. I quite like Ubuntu, and a few computer technicians I know do too. There are some pretty knowledgeable people on the forums too, so its not just for noobs :P

When it comes to distros though, its just personal preference.

EDIT: Yeah did the pic with GIMP. I still prefer Photoshop for real photo production. However 99% of photo manipulation usersm GIMP would be ample (and its free!), and for me I use it when I don't need to do anything special.

Reply #9247 Posted: December 14, 2009, 10:36:40 am
I still call it ICONZ.

Offline Pyromanik

• Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!Pyromanik is awe-inspiring!
The only feature I've noticed missing from GIMP that I'd have use for is "save for web".

Reply #9248 Posted: December 14, 2009, 12:51:10 pm
Everyone needs more Bruce Campbell.

Offline ninjaweedman

• Just settled in
  • ninjaweedman has no influence.
Quote from: winter;1036222
Holy shit! .. source?!

SPAAAAAAAAAACEGHETTOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reply #9249 Posted: December 14, 2009, 12:52:49 pm