Topic: Best game reviews eva!

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
Quote from: Codex;907006
I wet myself at his 50 cent one, i really did, GOLD

But I hate to say it, his rant was inaccurate to say the least.

He sings about love songs and more love songs and partying, in which he's been mocked about:

i.e. Jadakiss - Checkmate

[video]rVbPjUgZobA[/video]

I like this 50 Cent diss and more reflective of Yahtzee's rant:

[video]acCjWhIvhlk[/video]

Speaking of Wu-Tang Clan and games:

[video]DIOCgruTkdY[/video]

You dunno how fun this game was back in the day.

Also, it's not like rap and games can't result in a good game:

[video]0iapGFosF_0[/video]

Revolutionary and new in it's concept Def Jam:Icon was (unlike a lot of games these days). The fusion of control of music via a fighting game. The fighting however let it down.

Also:

[video]vCQaTGoE7YM[/video] (PS2/XBOX 1 graphics, 2004)

One of the best fighting games I have played. Yes, really.
And guess what, both are made by EA!
In fact, Def Jam: Fight for NY is rated quite highly (83 and 84 on Metacritic).
Fight for NY was bloody good multiplayer fun. Using the special moves and objects like pool cues to whack people was the shiz.

And yes, I'm sick of defending rap too but yes...

Well, I'll let Chris Rock explain:

[video]z9A2I-X7b-w[/video]

See what I did there....

Reply #350 Posted: March 20, 2009, 12:04:05 am

Offline EXTREAM_FEVAR

• Just settled in
  • EXTREAM_FEVAR has no influence.
Quote from: brucewillis2;906937
fallout 3 is too brown and grey. Needs more colours imo.
Mods.

Reply #351 Posted: March 20, 2009, 08:56:59 am
Ballin

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
He set up the punchline and then delivered upon it perfectly.

Reply #352 Posted: March 24, 2009, 06:23:30 pm

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Arnifix;910420
He set up the punchline and then delivered upon it perfectly.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/624-Resident-Evil-5

You're carrying your armour in a pocket of your armour!!!

AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reply #353 Posted: March 26, 2009, 01:47:33 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Another good one. It highlights everything I've found annoying with the game, but I'm still enjoying it. Although I have not played RE4, or any other RE, so its new to me.

Reply #354 Posted: March 26, 2009, 03:03:34 pm

Offline Scunner

• Addicted
  • Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...Scunner might someday be someone...
Halo Wars, with a bit on X-Blades at the start done by someone from one of the other Escapist video series which was decently funny.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/645-Halo-Wars

Reply #355 Posted: April 02, 2009, 12:08:25 pm

Offline BROX

• Devoted Member
  • BROX has no influence.
Hahaha I loved the part near the end about timed missions in RTS games :)

Reply #356 Posted: April 02, 2009, 05:20:03 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!

Reply #357 Posted: April 16, 2009, 01:59:58 pm

Offline Slim

• Addicted
  • Slim barely matters.Slim barely matters.

Reply #358 Posted: April 30, 2009, 02:25:48 pm
If anyone calls me a PC Fanboy - I will punch them in the Jaw.

Offline Bobyoby

• Devoted Member
  • Bobyoby has no influence.
Haha yeah Yahtzee is pretty funny, ive been watching his vids for a while now. The mans a genius.

Reply #359 Posted: May 04, 2009, 10:50:21 am

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
He's average now.

Reply #360 Posted: May 04, 2009, 11:25:33 am
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline Fakesound

• Addicted
  • Fakesound has no influence.
Quote from: mattnz;930821
He's average now.

Still doesn't fail to crap me up

Reply #361 Posted: May 04, 2009, 02:05:26 pm
Add me on xfire: fakesound

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
Quote from: mattnz;930821
He's average now.

i was only into them when they were underground

Reply #362 Posted: May 04, 2009, 02:20:05 pm

Offline EnjoyTheSauce

• Devoted Member
  • EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.EnjoyTheSauce is working their way up.
He seems to review random games that I don't care about these days.

Reply #363 Posted: May 04, 2009, 02:51:59 pm
Related to *juice*. The Orz like *sauce*, which they seem to acquire through killing: "After the *dancing*, Orz think you will make good *special sauce*. Maybe even for other Orz *party*." It would seem this is likely to be something sinister. The Orz apparently wish those who take part in *parties* to enjoy the *sauce*, as in the above quote, or in their parting words from random encounters: "Do not forget to *enjoy the sauce*."

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Quote from: Fakesound;930931
Still doesn't fail to crap me up

I don't think I've laughed at one this year.

Reply #364 Posted: May 04, 2009, 04:01:12 pm

Offline Fakesound

• Addicted
  • Fakesound has no influence.
Quote from: mattnz;930989
I don't think I've laughed at one this year.

:violin:

lol j/k

Far Cry 2's accents "take yor frustratns out on the zebras" had me actually laughing.

50 cent's review cracked me up - only because I don't like 'him' - Some of his songs are all good, and rap in general is all good. I agree with rap is hard to defend, 2 many drop kicks are in it.

Reply #365 Posted: May 09, 2009, 06:45:07 pm
Add me on xfire: fakesound

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: EnjoyTheSauce;930960
He seems to review random games that I don't care about these days.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/714-The-Chronicles-of-Riddick-Assault-on-Dark-Athena

Considering the amount of fun I had playing Butcher Bay, I was very interested in this review

Reply #366 Posted: May 10, 2009, 05:40:35 pm

Offline AfroDizzzy

• Addicted
  • AfroDizzzy has no influence.
I think he likes the game :>

Reply #367 Posted: May 10, 2009, 06:00:52 pm

Offline mattnz

Quote from: Fakesound;933455
:violin:

lol j/k

Far Cry 2's accents "take yor frustratns out on the zebras" had me actually laughing.

50 cent's review cracked me up - only because I don't like 'him' - Some of his songs are all good, and rap in general is all good. I agree with rap is hard to defend, 2 many drop kicks are in it.

Sorry, it takes something intelligent to get me to laugh.

But srsly, all trolling aside, I get it, he's the Simon Cowell of video games, and really anything he can do about it. He keeps using the same premises for jokes over and over; it's just not gonna work. "And the result is less filling than three Thai ladyboys." Yeah, I get it, you like to punctuate every point with coarse innuendo. It was funny at first.

tbh, it feels like he's gotten out the anger that he's had brewing for a few decades, now he's just printing the money while he can. If he is, good on him, I would do the same. If he's actually trying to come up with original material, god help us all.

Reply #368 Posted: May 10, 2009, 06:40:23 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
This ^

Reply #369 Posted: May 10, 2009, 07:27:47 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Codex

i still like his reviews because he does point out the negative things in the games that actually matter, vs say gamespy who point out the glitch on the wall in level 1 that no one notices

Reply #370 Posted: May 11, 2009, 08:50:39 am

Offline Raped_ByA_Spoon

• Addicted
  • Raped_ByA_Spoon has no influence.
Quote from: Codex;934026
i still like his reviews because he does point out the negative things in the games that actually matter, vs say gamespy who point out the glitch on the wall in level 1 that no one notices

Agree with this.  Still watch them every week and whilst I do not find them as amusing as I did I still do find them amusing, and there is still some originality at times.

I think that he does a good job of giving a serious review in a way which is not dull.  My pet complaint is the games he reviews, so many are going to be shit from the start no matter what (Halo Wars I mean seriously).

Reply #371 Posted: May 11, 2009, 10:10:46 am
Mi aerodeslizador está lleno de anguilas

Offline Bobyoby

• Devoted Member
  • Bobyoby has no influence.
Quote from: Codex;934026

Agreed, Gamespot continues to piss me off with that.

Reply #372 Posted: May 11, 2009, 10:32:30 am

Offline Tiwaking!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/724-Valkyria-Chronicles

PS3 JRPG gets roasted

Personally dislike JRPG's. Too much emphasis on the grind

Reply #373 Posted: May 14, 2009, 09:34:36 am

Offline Tiwaking!

Reply #374 Posted: May 21, 2009, 05:14:23 pm