Topic: The Official Formula 1 thread

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
  • Baffled has no influence.
Quote from: TofuEater;732161
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10515246
I can't believe they gave Hamilton a 10 place penalty for the pit lane incident. Far out - if he was driving a Ferrari he would have been given the keys to Maranello. What a friggen joke.

BS 10 place penalty... he was driving great until then.

Great win for Kubica though and I agree, trade him to McLaren!

Reply #150 Posted: June 09, 2008, 05:29:10 pm

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.
Five places on the grid. Why don't they just bring in a Ferrari rule, which says that all Mclarens must start from the back. :cussing:

Reply #151 Posted: June 22, 2008, 07:54:43 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Go Filipe.

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2008

Pos    No    Driver    Team    Laps    Time/Retired    Grid    Pts

1    2    Felipe Massa    Ferrari    70    1:31:50.245    2    10
2    1    Kimi Räikkönen    Ferrari    70    +17.9 secs    1    8
3    11    Jarno Trulli    Toyota    70    +28.2 secs    4    6
4    23    Heikki Kovalainen    McLaren-Mercedes    70    +28.9 secs    10    5
5    4    Robert Kubica    BMW Sauber    70    +30.5 secs    5    4
6    10    Mark Webber    Red Bull-Renault    70    +40.3 secs    6    3
7    6    Nelsinho Piquet    Renault    70    +41.0 secs    9    2
8    5    Fernando Alonso    Renault    70    +43.3 secs    3    1
9    9    David Coulthard    Red Bull-Renault    70    +51.0 secs    7    
10    22    Lewis Hamilton    McLaren-Mercedes    70    +54.5 secs    13    
11    12    Timo Glock    Toyota    70    +57.7 secs    8    
12    15    Sebastian Vettel    STR-Ferrari    70    +58.0 secs    12    
13    3    Nick Heidfeld    BMW Sauber    70    +62.0 secs    11    
14    17    Rubens Barrichello    Honda    69    +1 Lap    20    
15    8    Kazuki Nakajima    Williams-Toyota    69    +1 Lap    15    
16    7    Nico Rosberg    Williams-Toyota    69    +1 Lap    19    
17    14    Sebastien Bourdais    STR-Ferrari    69    +1 Lap    14    
18    21    Giancarlo Fisichella    Force India-Ferrari    69    +1 Lap    17    
19    20    Adrian Sutil    Force India-Ferrari    69    +1 Lap    18    
Ret    16    Jenson Button    Honda    16    Accident damage    16

Reply #152 Posted: June 23, 2008, 04:37:58 pm

Offline TofuEater

Webber on the front row at Silverstone - excellent stuff. Good to see Kovalainen get his first pole too. Just shows how good those Mclaren's are when the stewards keep their beaks out of it. :rnr:

Reply #153 Posted: July 06, 2008, 03:45:30 pm
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Something has to explain Hamilton's performance last season.

Now Alonso's gone he's got some competition.

Reply #154 Posted: July 06, 2008, 05:03:38 pm

Offline Shasta

• Devoted Member
  • Shasta has no influence.
Enjoy Silverstone while you can. After next year, the British GP is off to Donnington.

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=43211

Reply #155 Posted: July 06, 2008, 09:10:49 pm
I\'ll try to be nicer, if you try to be smarter.

Offline TofuEater

no traction control + wet weather = awesome race.

Spoiler :

Kovalainen was a waste of money. I'd actually rather Mclaren made up with Alonso than keep this pussy on the team. Two races in a row he hasn't been watching his rear view mirror when overtaking, only to be overtaken himself. And twice he spun when put under the slightest pressure from behind. He made a good move to get to fourth in front of Alonso (but even then in a faster car it took him far too long), only to bin it and allow Alonso and Raikonnen to get past. :disappoin

Hamilton was unreal. If he wins the championship i think he'll look back at this race as being the point where it all became possible. To lap every other car in the race bar two (including his own teammate) was an incredible feat, made all the more exciting when Raikonnen and Heidfeld were closing on him.

He was on the wrong tyres after the first pit stop but was still able to hold off fast chasing Barricello and maintain his position until the intermediates came into their own again.

Excellent stuff.

Reply #156 Posted: July 07, 2008, 08:59:27 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Bloody Webber.

Oh well, exciting race!

Reply #157 Posted: July 07, 2008, 01:07:50 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
Have just booked flights to budapest, will post photos. Id actually like a replay of silverstone from the excitement aspect, but sunny weather so the pit gils wear less. HMMMM

Reply #158 Posted: July 16, 2008, 05:46:24 pm

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
Quote from: vedds;756788
Have just booked flights to budapest, will post photos. Id actually like a replay of silverstone from the excitement aspect, but sunny weather so the pit gils wear less. HMMMM

Awesome, have fun! Im jealous...

Isnt it a bit late to be booking tickets though? Must be expensive.

Also how much do the f1 tickets cost and what grandstand are you in?

Reply #159 Posted: July 16, 2008, 06:53:03 pm

Offline vedds

• Devoted Member
  • vedds has no influence.
Its fucking late, Costing $3.2k return to get to london, a mate has  booked flights from london to Bratislava for 50 pounds return, going to train it to Hungary. Tickets cost $300 (100 pounds), no idea what stand. All I know is we're staying in a decent hotel in the center of budapest.

The boys brought me a ticket as a bit of a joke when i was in the uk in January, and I decided fuck it, how often do you get the opportunity to go to F1 in eastern europe with some good mates?

Reply #160 Posted: July 16, 2008, 07:32:21 pm

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
Quote from: vedds;756917
Its fucking late, Costing $3.2k return to get to london, a mate has  booked flights from london to Bratislava for 50 pounds return, going to train it to Hungary. Tickets cost $300 (100 pounds), no idea what stand. All I know is we're staying in a decent hotel in the center of budapest.

The boys brought me a ticket as a bit of a joke when i was in the uk in January, and I decided fuck it, how often do you get the opportunity to go to F1 in eastern europe with some good mates?

Awesome man, will be well worth it. Get lots of pics :D and bring back a pit girl or 2 - they are pretty small so you can probably get them in your suitcase

Reply #161 Posted: July 16, 2008, 08:36:24 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Oh awesome. I am hopefully going to be at Melbourne next year, but don't have anywhere near enough money to consider going overseas to see a race.

Reply #162 Posted: July 16, 2008, 10:37:12 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: vedds;756917

Excellent, i love that kind of behaviour. :rnr:

Reply #163 Posted: July 17, 2008, 07:44:55 am

Offline TofuEater

Brundle: Well that wasn't the best lap of Felippe Massa's career, that's for sure.
*snigger*

Reply #164 Posted: July 21, 2008, 01:37:21 am

Offline Shasta

• Devoted Member
Rofl. Massa is such a fraud. He's fast on a clear track. As soon as there's actual racing to be done, he panics and goes into fail-overdrive. What a joke. He didn't even deserve 3rd. Good on Piquet though, time will tell if he's going to be a lucky wannabe or not, but good on him for doing something right this season finally - and great job making Alonso look like a fiery ball of all-or-nothing. Lewis didn't do too bad either, coming from 1st, to 4th after that last pitstop, then back to 1st again - by passing on the track.

Reply #165 Posted: July 21, 2008, 01:58:16 am

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.
Go Lewis

Nice to see he's showing his talent again after some poor results and the nightmare that was the end of last season.

Reply #166 Posted: July 21, 2008, 12:21:03 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
This session is shaping up to be a real thriller:rnr::rnr::rnr:

Reply #167 Posted: July 21, 2008, 05:06:44 pm

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
Awesome race, gogo hamilton, made it a great finish.

Heiki is still useless, kubica would be a better team mate for hamilton (might even be faster).

Was also great to see the Ferarris struggling! :D

Good result for piquet but alot of it was luck. Also bad luck for timo glock, he was having a great race until his suspension failed.

Reply #168 Posted: July 21, 2008, 05:36:28 pm

Offline Temp

• Addicted
  • Temp has no influence.
It was definitely a very weak fight Massa put up, Schumy must of been watching that and felt disgusted. Shumy probably woulda taken them both out to keep them on 48 points.

Reply #169 Posted: July 21, 2008, 05:56:36 pm

Offline Shasta

• Devoted Member
Quote from: Templar;760017
It was definitely a very weak fight Massa put up, Schumy must of been watching that and felt disgusted. Shumy probably woulda taken them both out to keep them on 48 points.

Lol QFT.

Reply #170 Posted: July 21, 2008, 07:56:25 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

I hate to admit it but you're both right.

I had high hopes for Massa this season, but not so sure now.

Reply #171 Posted: July 21, 2008, 08:36:11 pm

Offline Temp

• Addicted
  • Temp has no influence.
Did you watch the race this morning Zarkov? I had to say I was massively impressed by Massas big cohones at the start and he has gained back my respect with the race he just had.

Spoiler :

What a great disappointment it was that his engine let go with 3 laps left though, heartbreaker.

Reply #172 Posted: August 04, 2008, 04:07:10 pm

Offline TofuEater

Quote from: Templar;770087
Did you watch the race this morning Zarkov? I had to say I was massively impressed by Massas big cohones at the start and he has gained back my respect with the race he just had.

I watched up to the middle of the race. It seems like Hamilton never expected him to make a move like that - i have to say i don't think many people thought he had it in him.
Spoiler :
Disappointing for Hamilton to get a flat, but it seems that he's pretty hard on his tyres.

Reply #173 Posted: August 04, 2008, 04:13:01 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea I watched until there was about 30 laps left, then got distracted, didn't seem like too much was happening, good luck for Kovalainen.

Reply #174 Posted: August 04, 2008, 04:56:37 pm