Topic: The Official Formula 1 thread

Offline Quasikomodo

• Just settled in
  • Quasikomodo has no influence.
Quote from: Zarkov;1005333
Proof that even you could be World Champion in a car like that.

You can say one thing for Button .... at least he was able to take advantage of having the best car in the field , especially the first half of the season. There have been a lot of drivers in the past who haven't been good enough to do that!!

Still believe Vettels the best driver at the moment!

Reply #450 Posted: October 20, 2009, 10:48:15 pm
a cpu, a motherboard, some ram, a gfx card, an optical drive (or 2), a hdd (or 4) and a psu... all in an aluminium case (oops, actually changed to a steel case now!!)

Offline TofuEater

• TofuEater barely matters.TofuEater barely matters.

So what's Barrichello's excuse then? He's a better driver than Schumacher*, so i would have thought he'd piss in.

* Opinion is divided on the subject: Barrichello thinks he is, the rest of the world knows he isn't.

Reply #451 Posted: October 21, 2009, 07:10:43 am
Quote from: Fran O\'Sullivan
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...

I thought he did quite well to hold it together late in the session.Could have easily made a meal of it. I'm glad Brawn didn't dominate in the later stages.It would have made for a dull 2009 session.
Watch those Red bulls in 2010

Reply #452 Posted: October 21, 2009, 07:31:23 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: kilabee;1005492
I thought he did quite well to hold it together late in the session.Could have easily made a meal of it. I'm glad Brawn didn't dominate in the later stages.It would have made for a dull 2009 session.
Watch those Red bulls in 2010

definately glad other cars got competitive. i gave up on the sport when ferrari were uber dominant, tying up series in the middle of the season.

imma agree, red bull will be quick next year

Reply #453 Posted: October 21, 2009, 01:39:44 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Webbsy 2010 Champion.

I wonder when I can bet on that?

Reply #454 Posted: October 21, 2009, 09:46:36 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: TofuEater;1005485
So what's Barrichello's excuse then? He's a better driver than Schumacher*, so i would have thought he'd piss in.

* Opinion is divided on the subject: Barrichello thinks he is, the rest of the world knows he isn't.

Button was saying how amazing it was to be world champion.

The rest of the world agrees with him..

Reply #455 Posted: October 21, 2009, 10:00:10 pm

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.
This is probably quite old but the animation is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/v/oSE1FpwZS9I&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/v/oSE1FpwZS9I&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">

Reply #456 Posted: November 01, 2009, 07:16:05 am
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Wow, very awesome animation.

Reply #457 Posted: November 01, 2009, 04:45:45 pm

Offline Obbles

• Obbles has no influence.
Thats on TV alot

Just paid a 1k for my oz trip next year :bigglasse

Reply #458 Posted: November 03, 2009, 11:02:22 am

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.
Sweet

Im going to dubai for 10 days tomorrow

Reply #459 Posted: November 03, 2009, 11:39:30 am
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline TofuEater

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10607262
It will be interesting to see how many other teams survive the recession.

Reply #460 Posted: November 04, 2009, 04:10:46 pm
The best thing about Finance Minister Bill English\'s latest Budget is that it does finally signal a much greater role for the private sector in the New Zealand economy. And another step along the way to extract this country from the political cul-de-sac in which Helen Clark\'s Labour Government parked us.

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
A1 has effectively crumbled on the organisers side, hopefully F1 doesnt follow suite on the Teams side

Reply #461 Posted: November 04, 2009, 05:44:25 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Just watched the Abu Dhabi race.

What a track! If every track was as new and clean (looking) as that one is, then I feel F1 would be an even more popular sport.

I liked how in the sixth or seventh lap, Vettel's team radio came up, and said 'watch out, the cars infront of you are fighting for position'.

You often see the first few drivers plow through the back markers, and when they do, there is sometimes a change of positions, simply because of where on the track the front markers overtook, which I think is unfair.

Reply #462 Posted: November 04, 2009, 05:49:58 pm

Offline Baffled

• Addicted
  • Baffled has no influence.
Quote from: TofuEater;1013865
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10607262
It will be interesting to see how many other teams survive the recession.

Damn that sucks... I hope Kobayashi gets a good car next year, he sure makes F1 interesting to watch :D

So no more japanese f1, we need a godzilla F1 car... cmon Nissan.

Whats the story with A1? All I know is that the Australian race was cancelled and they are sueing the organisers. Are the other races still happening?

EDIT: so the leaders should slow down to let the back markers race? They are the ones in the way in the first place by not being on the lead lap. I know what you mean it can be rude getting knocked off the track but the leaders have right of way.

Reply #463 Posted: November 04, 2009, 05:50:37 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
No, not saying the leaders should not overtake, I just don't like that it can mess up their race, as it's not likely that the front runners willbe dropped, but especially this year we have seen lots of changes in the drivers lineup.

I know there is nothing that can be done about it.

EDIT: Nice to see Button and Webber talking about the last lap just before they went on the podium, I quite liked that.

Reply #464 Posted: November 04, 2009, 06:08:56 pm

Offline TofuEater

Honda
Toyota
BMW
Renault?

Bridgestone

The poisonous gnome's got his work cut out for him.

Reply #465 Posted: November 06, 2009, 03:53:23 pm

Offline Speakman

im still suprised at toyota expecting to be able to sell the team. you'd have to be mad and super-rich to get into it. although buying a reasonably competitive team could pay off...

Reply #466 Posted: November 06, 2009, 04:01:09 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: JontyB;1015076
im still suprised at toyota expecting to be able to sell the team. you'd have to be mad and super-rich to get into it. although buying a reasonably competitive team could pay off...

It certainly worked for Ross Brawn.

Reply #467 Posted: November 06, 2009, 04:33:22 pm

Offline Speakman

that it did. next season should be interesting

Reply #468 Posted: November 06, 2009, 04:50:52 pm

Offline Xt1ncT

• Addicted
  • Xt1ncT has no influence.
Brawn GP has been bought by Mercedes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

Interesting development - McLaren have done well to secure their engines for the next 6 years as well. At hwich time I expect them to use their own engines which will be developed I would assume over the next 6 years.

Probably also opens the door even wider for JB to join McLaren.

Reply #469 Posted: November 17, 2009, 10:00:10 am

Offline Speakman

Quote from: Xt1ncT;1020729
Probably also opens the door even wider for JB to join McLaren.

and has done.

JB to join Hamilton at McLaren

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8366631.stm

Reply #470 Posted: November 20, 2009, 07:16:35 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

Quote from: JontyB;1022619
and has done.

JB to join Hamilton at McLaren

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8366631.stm

He won't look so flash next season.

Button's a pommy Barrichello.

Reply #471 Posted: November 20, 2009, 08:16:20 pm

Offline Speakman

im just hoping there wont be another case of team favourite.

Reply #472 Posted: November 20, 2009, 08:25:46 pm

Offline TofuEater

Raikkonnen's signed to race WRC next season, but he won't be coming to New Zealand unfortunately. :(

Reply #473 Posted: December 07, 2009, 11:09:00 pm

Offline Speakman

Reply #474 Posted: December 08, 2009, 01:23:54 am