Topic: The Official Formula 1 thread

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:09:09 pm by Speakman

Reply #650 Posted: December 01, 2011, 01:06:02 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Raikkonen!

Reply #651 Posted: December 01, 2011, 03:29:39 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
yeap, I was surprised as well.

For the last two weeks it seemed like he was heading to Williams. Renault/Lotus was pretty out of the blue.

Reply #652 Posted: December 01, 2011, 03:34:26 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Never expected him to come back to Williams, he said when he left he would only come back to a car that had a chance at winning the championship. Obviously Renault/lotus isnt there atm but the team is a hell of a lot better than Williams and are heading in the right direction. Be interesting to see what he can do as Kubica was always brilliant in an under performing car.

Will be the first time 6 F1 Champs have been in a season together, and split over 5 different teams. Schuey, Vettel, Button, Hamilton, Alonso and Kimi. Can't wait till next season, might have to make the trip to the first gp.

Reply #653 Posted: December 01, 2011, 08:34:21 pm

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.
I wonder how many of these F1 tossers are off down to get their nails done and a perm after a race.

F1 = whiny boys club

MotoGP = real blokes racing

Thats right bitches,i went there :D

Reply #654 Posted: December 01, 2011, 08:43:28 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Quote from: Hmmmgood;1452994
I wonder how many of these F1 tossers are off down to get their nails done and a perm after a race.

F1 = whiny boys club

Thats right $#@!es,i went there :D

Have you even looked at the f1 racers atm? Don't think half them know what a razor or a hairbrush is.

Reply #655 Posted: December 01, 2011, 08:48:57 pm

Offline Hmmmgood

• Devoted Member
  • Hmmmgood has no influence.
Yeah thats true,i just saw an interview with Hamilton the other day and laughed my ass off.

Jesus wept what a bitch.

Reply #656 Posted: December 01, 2011, 09:04:18 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Fairly sure you would get more of a reaction trolling on an actual F1 forum, but then you'd probably get banned for it. Meh.

Good move for Renault to get Kimi, hopefully he can put in some good performances, would love to see him winning races, and maybe more. :P

Reply #657 Posted: December 01, 2011, 09:07:26 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Quote from: Hmmmgood;1453000
Yeah thats true,i just saw an interview with Hamilton the other day and laughed my ass off.

Jesus wept what a $#@!.

Hamiltons the exception, he seems to go out of his way to try and look pretty.

Reply #658 Posted: December 01, 2011, 10:58:09 pm

tonybill

I found this forum very interesting. I like it.

Reply #659 Posted: December 12, 2011, 06:34:04 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Quote from: tonybill;1455779
I found this forum very interesting. I like it.

I also found your post very interesting. I like it.

Reply #660 Posted: December 12, 2011, 06:36:48 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Thank god he posted that! I don't know where I would've found my home shades and improvements.

Reply #661 Posted: December 15, 2011, 06:00:52 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Damn it spork, every time I see someone post in this thread im expecting to hear some exciting news about next season. Twice this week now I have been disappointed.

But on another note Lotus Renaults other driver has been confirmed as Romain Grosjean, the team reported that since he last drove for them in 09(was a fill in) he has improved a lot and is a much more mature driver. He won this years GP2 Championship and the GP2 Asia championship. Hopefully the car is a bit more competitive next year.

Reply #662 Posted: December 15, 2011, 06:22:32 pm

Offline Speakman

Here's some big news for ya then

Torro Rosso dropped both Buemi and Alguersuari, to have Ricciardo and Vergne (RBRs reserve) drive for them. Announced today

Reply #663 Posted: December 15, 2011, 06:55:55 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Hmmmgood;1452994

F1 = whiny boys club

Thats right bitches,i went there :D

thank god you did - i sit on my bike in the garage watching Superbikes and motogp

Reply #664 Posted: December 15, 2011, 07:15:09 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Quote from: Speakman;1457022
Here's some big news for ya then

Torro Rosso dropped both Buemi and Alguersuari, to have Ricciardo and Vergne (RBRs reserve) drive for them. Announced today

Awesome. Was hoping Webber would be dropped for Ricciardo tbh, even though I knew it wouldn't happen lol. Good to see him in a semi competitive car instead of the pig hrt.

Reply #665 Posted: December 15, 2011, 07:22:53 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
No way that they would gamble Webber for Ricciardo. :P Best he could've hoped for was Torro Rosso, as Vettel showed, if you are good enough (and perhaps with a little bit of luck) you can win races with Torro Rosso - also as long as they put out a good car for the year. Would love for Ricciardo to actually be decent, as TBH while Webber had potential, he never reached it, and this season he has been less than average for a second driver in the same team as the absolutely dominating reigning two times World Champion.

TBH I think after this year, Red Bull would do well to get Kubica in, as I think he could do really well in a Red Bull. (He has already managed to make his F1 fly)
Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:30:00 pm by Spork

Reply #666 Posted: December 15, 2011, 07:26:42 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Kubicas been rumored to be in talks with Ferrari for 2013 as his contract ends next year with Lotus Renault. Never thought much of Webber really, couple of seasons back was constantly crashing into others, if he wasn't on the pace he would always have something to blame looking for excuses. Bitching about his own team, claiming he had no support and the whole team was focused towards Vettel, even coming over the radio winning a race last year saying "not bad for a number 2 driver huh" just lowered my opinion of him even more.

In a car that Vettel dominated in, he only just managed to finish 3rd in the championship by 1 point, the guys a decent driver but has nothing on the likes of Vettel Alonso etc.

p.s. I think Kubica is a legend, one of the best drivers in the field. The amount of podiums he had last year in an extremely avg car shows the skill of the guy.

Reply #667 Posted: December 15, 2011, 09:40:57 pm

Offline Speakman

I like webber, he's brutally honest and seems to be a pretty upfront and decent guy. He had a lot of issues at the start of the year with KERS, and he have a good start with the new tyres either (same with a lot of the other drivers, no excuse though)

Im a big JB supporter, so I'm hoping McLaren is strong from the start so he can get his second title next year

Put Kubica in Massa's place, and they'll have two drivers winning races. It'd be epic, but watch the politics get in the way

Reply #668 Posted: December 15, 2011, 10:46:09 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Theres a difference between being honest, and shitting on your team which is what he did most of last season. For being in F1 he isn't very professional, admittedly though he did calm down a bit in the 2nd half of this year and conduct himself more as a team player, im thinking its more due to the fact he realized he just isn't fast enough.

Reply #669 Posted: December 15, 2011, 11:10:32 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I'm not going to get into team favouritism as that argument has been done to death by everyone everywhere, but I don't think AMW deserves all the blame.

Reply #670 Posted: December 16, 2011, 12:32:16 am

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
I agree somewhat, but you don't put your views like that out to the public. That sort of stuff is kept in house to deal with. All im saying is I don't see the guy being very professional.

Anyway, bring on next season! Still deciding if I should come over for melb or not.

Reply #671 Posted: December 16, 2011, 12:53:03 am

Offline Speakman

I'd like to go over, but there is no way I could afford it

Reply #672 Posted: December 16, 2011, 09:08:45 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I might be going, went to the last one and absolutely loved it!

Reply #673 Posted: December 16, 2011, 11:30:19 am

Offline Speakman

Hulkenburg and Di Resta for Force India next year

Reply #674 Posted: December 17, 2011, 03:24:15 pm