Topic: What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...

!

around the 40s mark, you can see me in the crowd shot, front & center

rock and/or roll

Reply #3475 Posted: July 06, 2010, 12:49:45 am

Offline Scream

• Devoted Member
  • Scream has no influence.
"Almost Famous" by "Eminem"

Reply #3476 Posted: July 06, 2010, 10:01:28 am
I have too many usernames.. look at my linked accounts haha.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
One of the true greats of NZ music is Chris Knox. A year or two ago he had a stroke. Afterwards Alot of NZ musos gopt together to make an album called Stroke - Songs for Chris Knox.

I'm providing a link to the website, specifically to one of my favourite songs of his, because if you have ever enjoyed any Chris Knox song, or for that matter any alternative NZ music in the last 20 years and don't have this album, you should buy it. (BTW if you leech it, I hope your balls rot off.)

Both versions, by Chris himself, and the Verlaines, are just fine.

http://www.chrisknox.co.nz/muscol/S/Stroke/Stroke/Driftwood-The-Verlaines.html

Reply #3477 Posted: July 06, 2010, 10:24:51 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline Scream

• Devoted Member
"Great DJ" by the Ting Tings

Reply #3478 Posted: July 08, 2010, 11:46:12 am

Offline SteddieEddie

• Addicted
  • SteddieEddie barely matters.SteddieEddie barely matters.
[video]HagzTRmUBIE&feature=related[/video]

Reply #3479 Posted: July 09, 2010, 08:46:59 am

Offline Meat2Potatos

• Just settled in
  • Meat2Potatos has no influence.
Lily Allen

Reply #3480 Posted: July 12, 2010, 08:46:36 pm
"You make life hard, you get hard people" - Jan Molenaar

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
  • ChineseKiwi has no influence.
R. Kelly - Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby, Baby...

Like the late MJ, yes, his personal life is fucked up but his music = great. Contemporary mid 90's RnB on a quiet night = all good...that smoooooooth shit

Reply #3481 Posted: July 14, 2010, 08:10:22 pm

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Reply #3482 Posted: July 14, 2010, 09:41:15 pm
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
^good man - classic Swing brah

Reply #3483 Posted: July 15, 2010, 08:11:33 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

guitarist looks like Penn from penn and teller

Reply #3484 Posted: July 16, 2010, 05:41:59 pm

Offline Scream

• Devoted Member
"Still Alive" by GLaDOS.

XD

Reply #3485 Posted: July 17, 2010, 06:11:50 am

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
Been watching ( for the first time in years) Pink Floyd " Live at Pompeii" Totally awesome movie of Floyd arguably at their best. When this was filmed they had just finished recording Dark Side of the Moon.

Nick mason is a fuckin legend!!

One of These Days I'm Going To Cut You Into Little Pieces

[video]YgvAwBDbuIo[/video]

Reply #3486 Posted: July 17, 2010, 04:18:39 pm

Offline Paralyzed

• Just settled in
  • Paralyzed has no influence.

Reply #3487 Posted: July 18, 2010, 12:21:32 am
The fact is 99% of humanity is made of very good people, but that only 1% is enough to spoil it, causing so much violence that we all pay the price having to defend ourselves. Going to war is one of the most noble things there are but it doesn\'t mean war is good neither stupid.

Offline Dr Woomanchu

I'd like to dedicate this song to Tofu. ;)

[video]0TCH_VYHd2c[/video]

Reply #3488 Posted: July 19, 2010, 01:46:04 pm

Offline Scream

• Devoted Member
"Washing away me in the tides" by Trivium

Reply #3489 Posted: July 20, 2010, 04:02:04 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
Original:

[video]6vmVhaFDe4A[/video]

Cover:

[video]yjetFVpVYYs[/video]

Cover of the cover by original:

[video]hDeE0BTrxsA[/video]

Both pwn tbh in different ways. Taylor Swift = very much a rock fan despite her country-rock music. Taylor Swift live >>>>>>>>>>> her BS overprocessed album voice. Makes the song her own like all great covers do. Props to mutual musician respect.

+1 to Woohoo for listening to Home Brew.

Reply #3490 Posted: July 21, 2010, 02:22:36 am

Offline ptb

• Just settled in
  • ptb has no influence.
b.o.b - nothing on you :D

Reply #3491 Posted: July 21, 2010, 09:53:27 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Run This Town/Posthumus Zone (Jay-Z + Rihanna + Es Posthumus) (Medley)

[video]-F_iGK7Kv1M[/video]

Wow.

Reply #3492 Posted: July 21, 2010, 08:59:36 pm

Offline Scream

• Devoted Member
"The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson

Reply #3493 Posted: July 24, 2010, 04:58:29 pm

Offline Speakman

Reply #3494 Posted: July 24, 2010, 05:20:38 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
BEHEMOTH

Reply #3495 Posted: July 24, 2010, 05:25:18 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
A whole load of substep. Fuck I love dubstep.

Reply #3496 Posted: July 24, 2010, 08:03:57 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
[video]WAQMO8wpAvo[/video]

on vinyl

Reply #3497 Posted: July 24, 2010, 10:33:35 pm
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline Speakman

Black Snake Moan = excellent movie

Reply #3498 Posted: July 24, 2010, 10:40:44 pm

Offline ChineseKiwi

• Addicted
Marit Larsen - Solid Ground

[video]4wydTOEKs3U[/video]

Immense talent. She also sounds exactly the same on record as live and I do mean exactly the same. It's uncanny. Too bad she's only popular in Germany and Norway. btw, German 'pop' tastes shits all over Anglo-western 'pop music' tastes, regardless of genre of song. Her first album is more hit and miss and the hits are very very good indeed, like 'Solid Ground' while her second album is more pop-sounding oriented but more consistent track quality wise. Yes, I like my female 'singer-songwriter' types mmmmmm....k. Always have (whoever neg repped me for it ages back). I like other shit too that's more 'manly' music wise as well so really...good music is good music, regardless of what it is.

Reply #3499 Posted: July 26, 2010, 04:22:34 am