Topic: Old Reliable Suppliers Thread

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
and pbtech

Reply #100 Posted: October 17, 2009, 11:06:47 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline G!mp

• Devoted Member
  • G!mp has no influence.
Cheers for the heads up dood.  O/P updated.

Reply #101 Posted: October 18, 2009, 12:49:22 am

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
Quote from: private_hell;1003261
and pbtech

haven't dealt with pbtech so i can't comment

Reply #102 Posted: October 18, 2009, 01:14:58 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!
i know he has been mentioned earlier in thread, but ive had nothing but good times from tastech guy. got my GFX and monitor through him

he is kinda hard to email and all that, but he does try. my monitor was shipped the day i paid (i.e. before it actually cleared, he took my word for it, poss cause repeating customer), direct next day courier from supplier.

now that is service i like. instead of supplier -> him, day wait, him -> me. definately made up for the very slight sour taste after the weeks wait for GFX card (he did explain).

when he can, he does wonders

Reply #103 Posted: October 18, 2009, 02:32:19 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline AskewDread

• Just settled in
  • AskewDread has no influence.
always had great experiences from modster-pc
http://www.modster-pc.co.nz
brought alot for my old pc from them over the years, free shipping in nz for all orders aswel which made it awesome and they have alot i havnt been able to find other places :)

Reply #104 Posted: November 05, 2009, 10:37:33 am
xLAN Crew Member 2006 - 2011.... FD LAN 12 http://www.fdlan.co.nz

Offline Distorted

• Devoted Member
  • Distorted has no influence.
Have to make another plug for Ascent.
placed an order on Sunday night, expecting it to be processed sometime the next day. At 9am I get an email asking to confirm my credit card, I confirm it at 11:30 and by 2pm part of my order has already arrived here in Chch. Obviously the goods that arrived the same day were shipped out of Chch, but hey - I'm impressed! :)

Reply #105 Posted: December 01, 2009, 09:19:51 am
[23:46] <Hori> I\'d do gay for pay
[23:46] <Hori> if the pay was right

I think I would know where to sign on a sexual harrassment settlement, thank you[/CENTER]

Offline gat

• Just settled in
  • gat has no influence.
Gotta say, Computer Lounge been giving me excellent service ever since I started buying from them.

Recenly bought a Corsair HX-750 PSU from them, arrived next day, then broke. So I sent it back and also asked them for a replacement, they emailed back within a couple of hours, saying the supplier was out of stock with that particular model, but at the supplier's expense, decided to give out an HX-1000 PSU which was win. A+++

Reply #106 Posted: December 21, 2009, 08:54:16 pm

Offline G!mp

• Devoted Member
  • G!mp has no influence.
Quote from: virus
stay away from NZ laptops, they tried to screw my brother, holding him off for cheaper parts and then sending him a cheaper, worse laptop than what he ordered, trying to trick us.

From another thread

O/P updated....

Reply #107 Posted: January 21, 2010, 05:56:23 pm

Offline Surago

• Devoted Member
  • Surago has no influence.
I've been using Playtech for a while and am still pleased with their service.

Tho i wish they would sort out their damn online credit card gateway service provider.  Morons at ZipZap let their SSL Cert expire just after Xmas which was the first problem, and i've been unable to use online credit card orders with them since (thru Playtech).

Tho to Playtech's credit (pardon the pun) they call me up and get the details (i.e. i don't have to call them).  Which is pretty smart business in my mind.  (other outfits would just ignore you or send an email extending the process).

Have also used ComputerLounge a couple times and had no problems with them either.

Tho i must say i have never had any problems with the product provided, so haven't had to deal with RMA's or anything like that, and that is usually the true test of a supplier.

Reply #108 Posted: January 22, 2010, 01:48:57 am

Offline G!mp

• Devoted Member
  • G!mp has no influence.
OP updated.

I suggest reading the rating of companies before doing business with that company.

NZ OC Zone
http://www.nzoczone.com/
Reason: Very unreliable and dodgy advertising, have noticed on pricespy multiple comments regarding bait and switch tactics and not refuinding promptly.  By the comments judgement STAY CLEAR OF OC  ZONE.

Reply #109 Posted: February 04, 2010, 08:47:34 pm

Offline nzkiwiwhiteboy

• Just settled in
  • nzkiwiwhiteboy has no influence.
Quote from: G!mp;1063749
OP updated.

I suggest reading the rating of companies before doing business with that company.

NZ OC Zone
http://www.nzoczone.com/
Reason: Very unreliable and dodgy advertising, have noticed on pricespy multiple comments regarding bait and switch tactics and not refuinding promptly.  By the comments judgement STAY CLEAR OF OC  ZONE.

Thanks a bunch for that,I was about to buy a grapic card from them on wed nesday.+1

Reply #110 Posted: February 04, 2010, 10:20:04 pm
Death by tray it shall be.

Offline Catalyst

• Addicted
  • Catalyst barely matters.Catalyst barely matters.
agree with gimp

stay clear of those idiots. i had to wait over 2 weeks for a refund from them because the item i tried to get was out of stock even though they had told me in an email they had it

also their english is so bad its hard to understand them

Reply #111 Posted: February 04, 2010, 10:33:54 pm

Offline pyro

• Addicted
  • pyro has no influence.
Quote from: cata|yst;1063813
agree with gimp

stay clear of those idiots. i had to wait over 2 weeks for a refund from them because the item i tried to get was out of stock even though they had told me in an email they had it

also their english is so bad its hard to understand them

Same thing here, ordered a DVD writer was told they had it in stock only to get a reply later saying they were out of stock and they suggested another player for me. Luckily I hadn't put through the money.

Reply #112 Posted: February 05, 2010, 12:00:01 am

Offline philo-sofa

• Addicted
  • philo-sofa barely matters.philo-sofa barely matters.
Can't say I've had issues with OCZone, in fact they echanged my DOA Seagate 1.5TB immediately, however I appear to be in a minority there (have always gone into the store to check on stock and collect - which might explain the discrepancy).

Reply #113 Posted: February 05, 2010, 12:20:01 am

Offline HandofBlood

• Just settled in
  • HandofBlood has no influence.
Someone in town for the weekend lol:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o282/Handofblood4U/Photo-000d.jpg
Old Reliable Suppliers Thread

Reply #114 Posted: February 12, 2010, 06:39:17 pm
i5-4670K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z87 Extreme4 | 8GB Corsair Dominator | EVGA/Asus GeForce GTX 680  SLi | 250GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB | Windows 7 Pro 64bit | Corsair AX860i PSU | NZXT Phantom White

Offline Chiggah

• Just settled in
  • Chiggah has no influence.
Retailer: Computerlounge
Rating: 11/10
Price: Bought a $1800 system from them in late 2008
Comments: Mid 2009, one of my systems had a "whiny" noise and I thought it was a fan problem so I left it as is for almost a year. Didn't get it checked till yesterday with the CL team due the random annoying sound was getting unacceptable. I thought it was my Corsair HX620 playing up with its "coil whines" but Paul actually took the time to solve my problems and delivered updates to me progressively. Paul then discovered it was my Asus 4850 messing up after failing 3 load tests. He swapped it out for a Sapphire 4850 Toxic. Total turnaround time to fix my issues was really really quick too. Didn't expect it to be so fast and no hassles. At first I thought it was a minor fan problem, but it turned out to be a bigger issue that it seemed. Hence, I would recommend to purchase from these folks. A++ service. Kudos to Paul and CL team.

Reply #115 Posted: March 22, 2010, 09:31:28 am

Offline =C=

• Devoted Member
  • =C= has no influence.
Computer Lounge
http://www.computerlounge.co.nz
Pros: Free Postage. Very reliable
Con: TBA, no problems so far.

The only con i've had with these guys is "email communication". I'm not sure if emails get lost at their end but sometimes there are no replies so I go with the alt pb tech or playtech.

If they're understaffed and emails arn't being attended i'm sure they are looking a bit of $ because of it.

3 stores I always recommend will be the above mentioned.

Reply #116 Posted: June 24, 2010, 03:18:35 pm
Intel i7 860 @ 4Ghz OC | ASUS P7P55D Pro | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | GTX 980 SLI | 860W PSU | Lian-Li DragonLord Case K62B | ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound h4x |

Offline Chiggah

• Just settled in
  • Chiggah has no influence.
NFC @ Newmarket is pretty good

Reply #117 Posted: July 04, 2010, 05:37:09 pm

Offline philo-sofa

• Addicted
  • philo-sofa barely matters.philo-sofa barely matters.
I haven't found them to be particularly good..

Reply #118 Posted: July 05, 2010, 09:45:44 pm

Offline Dr Woomanchu

• Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!Dr Woomanchu is leading the good life!
I've got into the habit of sourcing stuff from Dove, through 3rd parties. Prices are OK and the rare time I've had issue's, they've always been fixed quickly with no hassles. Kris got a laptop through them as well. After it having to be returned and fixed/replaced 3 times, they replaced it with a different brand laptop with higher specs.

I've been in business once or twice, and I'd say from personal experience they rate right up there as suppliers go.

Downside is that they're wholesalers, so you have to know people with an account

Reply #119 Posted: July 05, 2010, 09:51:12 pm

Blackwatch Off Topic - Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Offline woofnstuff

• Addicted
  • woofnstuff has no influence.
yeah agree with woohoo,
In Auckland i use a few suppliers dove being one :)

my flatmate had huge hassles with computer lounge took them 3 months to replace his PSU, then they supplied him with the wrong modular cables for it.

Reply #120 Posted: July 06, 2010, 10:32:09 am
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world... Those who understand binary and those who don\'t.

Offline O-L-W-A-G

• Addicted
  • O-L-W-A-G has no influence.
stopped using ascent they just don't like replacing faulty goods

8600gt
aiptek 600u tablet
seagate 500gb

Reply #121 Posted: December 19, 2010, 04:24:54 pm

Offline Clin

• Addicted
  • Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!Clin is awe-inspiring!
I used a company called Ktech http://www.impc.co.nz for both components and printer consumables, and find the process is simple and efficient.

I can vouch for Elive, although I've only bought my Lycosa from them.

I'd like to say this of playtech though. I ordered an item on the afternoon of 23rd Dec 2010 and they had it at my house in Napier Christmas Eve.
I was very impressed. The salesman even told me that it would be the following week as Overnight generally still means two days.

Reply #122 Posted: January 08, 2011, 01:51:39 pm

lol @ console hate

Offline G!mp

• Devoted Member
  • G!mp has no influence.
Updated the OP.

Just a few little changes.

I've had some reasonable (not great) service from Expert Infotech and have also found them to be very cheap with a lot of things. But, their service isn't great and they tend to parallel import. So if your buying anything with power packs etc (camera chargers, phone chrargers) it will be for another country. Good thing though is they do provide a free adaptor.

BTW, my bargain find so far: buying a 6950 for $530 and modding it to a 6970. You can save yourself $200+.

Reply #123 Posted: January 11, 2011, 08:59:51 pm

Offline Dr. Acula

• Just settled in
  • Dr. Acula barely matters.Dr. Acula barely matters.
http://www.legionenterprises.co.nz Anybody know much about these guys? Things seem rather cheap, so I'd love to buy some stuff from them IF they're legit.

Edit: Guess I'll find out for myself, been told by 'NZGramps' that they're all good, so hopefully receiving my ATX modding kit in the mail very soon =D
Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:22:19 pm by Dr. Acula

Reply #124 Posted: June 02, 2011, 05:24:32 pm
Dr. λculał

i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H100i Push/Pull | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 | 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme @ 2000MHz | 2x ASUS DirectCU II 7970 3GB @ 1000/1400 | 2x Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240GB Raid0 | 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair AX1200W Gold | Raidmax Platinum