Topic: Old Reliable Suppliers Thread

Offline GhostOfGallipoli

• GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...GhostOfGallipoli might someday be someone...
just another plug for ascent;

been buying afew small pieces from them lately as i do a bit of a rolling upgrade of my gear (bigger parts in the near future), always prompt with deliveries...

hit a small bump this week when the RAM i bought last week is on special this week, so i sent them a short email not knowing what response i would get;

nothing was a problem, nice wee credit for the difference against my next order.

great service + in my book

Reply #75 Posted: February 25, 2009, 06:57:34 pm

Offline Scorched_onion

• Addicted
  • Scorched_onion has no influence.
Quote from: spongemaster001;804078
I just want to say, stay away from nzoczone whatever you do.
Absolutely horrid place.

Could you explain why please? cause a friend of mine bought his whole PC off there and i was planning on getting some shit from there...

Thanks for the thread gimp, is going to help me with my new build.

Quote from: lowrex;804478
Good to hear :)

Always awesome hearing good feedback from customers

(I work for them)

Do you get discounts?? :bounce:

Reply #76 Posted: February 25, 2009, 07:22:27 pm

Asus P5Q P45 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 3ghz, from 2.33 | HD6850 1gbGDDR5 | NZXT Tempest | Seagate 1TB | Gigabyte Odin Pro 550w | 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL DDR2-1000 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | BenQ T2200HD 22" 1920x1080 | Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Gaming Mouse | Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech Z2300 2.1

Quote from: Pyromanik;1442484
WANK UPSIDE DOWN: GIVE YOURSELF A FACIAL

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Has anyone used http://www.tronix.co.nz ?

I want to buy a DSTT for my nintendo DS so I can use it to store documents and take notes in class, NOT to play pirated games

Reply #77 Posted: February 26, 2009, 07:24:32 pm
I am now banned from GetSome

Offline G!mp

• Devoted Member
  • G!mp has no influence.
OP updated as C1com, no longer exsists.

Reply #78 Posted: April 03, 2009, 11:35:56 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Xenolightning;888994
Add to bad list =3

with http://www.silenx.co.nz
Reason: Ordered, was not contacted with any confirmation of payment shipping for 2weeks until I contacted them and supposidly it was a "glitch" in their staff not putting it out to ship.

Quoting self :O Also add these guys to neutral list, the support was good, and have since re-ordered and had no issues, turned up after 2 days. No confirmation still but meh, i got my $100 worth of fans :D

Reply #79 Posted: April 04, 2009, 12:36:15 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline Scorched_onion

• Addicted
Quote from: IGimpI;916728
OP updated as C1com, no longer exsists.

LIES!!! i heard they were selling their website coding cause they have a new website???

Reply #80 Posted: April 04, 2009, 02:57:50 pm

Asus P5Q P45 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 3ghz, from 2.33 | HD6850 1gbGDDR5 | NZXT Tempest | Seagate 1TB | Gigabyte Odin Pro 550w | 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL DDR2-1000 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | BenQ T2200HD 22" 1920x1080 | Microsoft Sidewinder x8 Gaming Mouse | Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard | Logitech Z2300 2.1

Offline Matt

• Addicted
  • Matt has no influence.
Was a scam, owner fled back to Korea(?) and left suppliers 20k+ in debt (likely far more)

Reply #81 Posted: April 04, 2009, 11:14:08 pm
Quote from: Templar;966121
NOTICE: ICONZ Arena to close its doors.

Quote from: spongemaster001;966138
Oh well thats gay.
I worked so hard for my rep.

Codex

Quote from: Arnifix;891265
Codex, getting an authorisation reversed doesn't require them to fax the bank anything unless the bank is shit. If you explain to them what the go is, they'd probably up your credit limit temporarily.

My card is a debit card, no credit. The bank wouldn't do shit until they got a fax from ifocus, which didn't happen and after much yelling finlly got my money back just in time to be able to do anything in wellington :/

Quote from: lt_auty;917044
Was a scam, owner fled back to Korea(?) and left suppliers 20k+ in debt (likely far more)

Ouch

Reply #82 Posted: April 06, 2009, 09:29:54 am

Offline Arnifix

• Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.Arnifix has an aura about them.
Quote from: Codex;917464
My card is a debit card, no credit. The bank wouldn't do shit until they got a fax from ifocus, which didn't happen and after much yelling finlly got my money back just in time to be able to do anything in wellington :/

You have a Visa Debit card? In that case, haha.

Reply #83 Posted: April 06, 2009, 10:03:58 am

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.

Offline Tiwaking!

• Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!Tiwaking! is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Tiwaking!;895411
Has anyone used http://www.tronix.co.nz ?

I want to buy a DSTT for my nintendo DS so I can use it to store documents and take notes in class, NOT to play pirated games

WOAH!
Order Number: 921
Date Ordered: Friday 08 May, 2009

Current time: 09:11 a.m., Saturday 09 May 2009

It arrived in the mail this morning. I ordered it at 2pm yesterday

Awesome service!

Reply #84 Posted: May 09, 2009, 09:11:10 am

Offline Scorched_onion

• Addicted
I dont really see whats wrong with Oczone, i bought my MB, GFX card, HDD, DVD drive and PSU from there, they didn't have the stock i wanted so they offered similar products, got it all sweet and dandy, was good.....

Reply #85 Posted: May 09, 2009, 12:12:22 pm

Offline Into The Void

• Devoted Member
  • Into The Void has no influence.
What's PCU like? http://www.pcu.co.nz/

Where else in CHCH would be good to get a gaming PC. This is for a friend, not me.

Reply #86 Posted: May 10, 2009, 03:42:22 pm

Offline Scorched_onion

• Addicted
Some places i used for my rig:

NZoczone - Ordered motherboard, hard drive, graphics card, ram and dvd drive here, they didn't have some of the stock i wanted but they offered the next best thing, good service, helpful staff, english ain't 100% though but its understandable. Decent shipping prices and speed.

PCTronix
- Ordered my power supply here, again, they didn't have the stock but they offered me a better power supply which was good, free shipping for the first 15kgs which is excellent. Helpful staff and easy to understand.

Paradigm PC's - Ordered my case from here, shipping wasn't very expensive and didn't take forever, side panel was a little scratched but that was probably the manufacturers fault because the box had no holes.

PCOnlineshop - Ordered my CPU, got it nice n' quick, staff are helpful and easy to understand. Shipping was fast and not very expensive.

Loving my new rig, really fast, suprisingly quiet for the 9 fans in total it has haha. Would buy from these guys again.

PS: Im so tired, i need to go to fucking bed lol.

Reply #87 Posted: June 05, 2009, 06:55:14 pm

Codex

ifocus at their dirty games again with azures ram,

His corsair ram died, it has a lifetime warranty, he emailed ifocus asking to rma the ram under warranty but they said they wouldn't do it because they were trying to tell him that the warranty for corsair ram is actually only a year.

He copied and pasted the lifetime warranty page from corsairs website

Dirty ifocus pricks

Reply #88 Posted: July 17, 2009, 10:23:21 am

Offline AntzBongo

• Devoted Member
  • AntzBongo has no influence.
Quote from: Scorched_onion;944750
Some places i used for my rig:
PCOnlineshop - Ordered my CPU, got it nice n' quick, staff are helpful and easy to understand. Shipping was fast and not very expensive.

over the last couple of years ive got probably 3-4k worth of parts through these guys, most of the time its ok, but what pisses me off is:

if a part is out of stock, the 1st time this happened they just let the order sit there, after about 3 days i emailed them and asked whats up, they said, oh yeah theres no stock, do you want one of these instead, so i told them which one i wanted and asked to let me know in the future.

after that every tiem i placed an order i added "If there is no stock please let me know so i can change my order". and then it happened again, and then the 3rd time. the last time i needed those parts within about 5 days, which is pretty reasonable, the order sat there till wednesday, i emailed them, thursday they came back with the same reply saying there was no stock. so i told them to bugger off, i got my parts a few days later but never dealt with them since.

pbtech and playtech so far have been my favourites, they always contact you asap when theres no stock, or let you know if there are problems.

Reply #89 Posted: July 17, 2009, 10:29:30 am

Offline Rex 2.1

• Just settled in
  • Rex 2.1 has no influence.
Generally if its outside of ifocus' one year warranty they wont replace the product meaning he'll have to go thru corsair

Thats what we tell customers when the purchase high end gear so they know what to do

Again also some of our suppliers will replace stock in manufactures warranty and not theirs/ours

Reply #90 Posted: July 17, 2009, 10:31:03 am
REX AND BOB, TF2 PROS
New MSN, please add me rex@lolwtf.co.nz, will be blocking downies that add me :3

Offline BloodDonor

• Just settled in
  • BloodDonor has no influence.
ive got nothing but praise for ascent... theyve even helped me sort out rma's for items i didnt buy from them, due to the other store not wanting to know

bought a few times from pp.co.nz, theyre good as well

never buy from OCZone... last year i ordered a GFX card from them, got an email confirming order, but saying they needed to confirm stock, and shipping costs... 3 days later i emailed them, no reply... several emails later, i never heard from them :anger:

Reply #91 Posted: July 17, 2009, 11:55:57 am
The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be. -- Lao Tsu

Offline camy205

• Addicted
  • camy205 barely matters.camy205 barely matters.
Went to PBtech and Atech in wellington today, got the cold shoulder from both of them, didn't even have any 80mm fans. Quay computers is a good place though, very friendly and helpful.

EDIT:Bought a g7 yesterday paid and told it will be shipped off today, then got an email saying

"Hey, Cameron

We don't have G7 in stock.

Please email me bank account number, we will refund to you ASAP.

Cheers

Luke"

I rage as there was nowhere saying it was in stock (here) so I ask, "Thats ok, when is it in stock?"

I get replied with a "It seems to be discontinued."

Fucking useless dicks, why would a product that's discotinued be in there site still? Jeez

EDIT, Lol nerd rage.

Reply #92 Posted: July 17, 2009, 12:22:05 pm
Quote from: Craigorsarus;1484182
GetSome Thread - Generic Timeline:

- Actual Topic
 - Variation of Topic
 - Someone calls someone a retard
 - Fight
 - Actual Topic
 - Fight
 - Troll
 - Your Mum
 - You\'re*
 - TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL
 - What is this thread about?

Offline Tiwaking!

Anyone else used http://www.techmaster.co.nz before?

I ordered and paid for an external HDD case and its still payment pending.

I ordered it on: 10/02/2009

Reply #93 Posted: October 05, 2009, 12:38:08 pm

Offline Dee-Zilla

• Just settled in
  • Dee-Zilla has no influence.
Quote from: Tiwaking!;995802
Anyone else used http://www.techmaster.co.nz before?

I ordered and paid for an external HDD case and its still payment pending.

I ordered it on: 10/02/2009

They might not have your payment yet if you only ordered Friday.

Reply #94 Posted: October 05, 2009, 12:43:08 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Quote from: Dee-Zilla;995805
They might not have your payment yet if you only ordered Friday.

Yep. 100% correct. Got this email today:

Monday, 5 October 2009 4:24:33 a.m

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Processing

Reply #95 Posted: October 05, 2009, 08:50:45 pm

Offline Tiwaking!

Two days after processing, its arrived! Its all in perfectly working order and Im very please

Two thumbs up for TechMaster!

Reply #96 Posted: October 07, 2009, 11:36:28 am

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
Be aware of PC Gear Dunedin, had a very bad experience with them.

Order $4200 system,paid for it last Monday with my credit card so they received my money straight away, was told that everything was order, checked with them that all the orders had gone through alright, which they confirmed and said that the case and graphic cards where sent had being sent as i had paid for a 1/3 of the system at the end on the previous week, asked for tracking numbers for both items on Monday and only got a track n trace for the case on Tuesday, only to find out that the case was not sent on Monday but was picked up Tuesday midday. Case arrived on Thursday as expected with being 2 day shipping, but no graphics cards, psu arrived on Friday which was alright but then get an email saying that they can't get the motherboard i ordered and i will have to choose another one which pissed me off because i asked them on Monday if the orders were alright and they said yes. Come Monday this week, nothing arrives not even the new motherboard i arranged and told them to get to me on Monday. Tuesday nothing  arrives so i ring them up and the cpu hasn't left, 2 out of the 3 hard drives haven't left and the graphics cards haven't being sent either and there is a delay on the ram and they don't know when it will be available, so i get them to cancel my order because of this big ass cluster fuck and ask for a refund, which they follow up on but they say their EFTPOS machine has a limit on it so they can't do my whole refund at once, 3 days later the first part of the refund comes through and its only $280 which is fucking shit if their machine had a limit would not be as small as $280 and it would take them 10 days to refunded me which is bullshit so i have told them i want to see all my refund on my card buy Wednesday next week otherwise i am going to follow up with some sort of legal action. So I will see how that goes

Reply #97 Posted: October 17, 2009, 08:22:30 pm

Offline Kaizer

• Devoted Member
  • Kaizer has no influence.
Ouch. To avoid these typs of things, its best to pickup all the parts yourself and to only pay on pickup. If you are adament on shipping the goods, use reliable stores like computerlounge or playtech.

Reply #98 Posted: October 17, 2009, 09:50:31 pm
Gigabyte P55 UD4|Intel i7 860 @ 3.6GHZ|Prolimatech Megashadow|SuperTalent 4GB 1600|Corsair HX 620|ATI Radeon 5870|Samsung F3 1TB|LG W2353V 23"|Lian Li Dragonlord KCB62|Logitech G930|Logitech G500

Offline NZFez

• Just settled in
  • NZFez has no influence.
I've learn't my lesson only going to be buy stuff from playtech,pp and ascent

Reply #99 Posted: October 17, 2009, 09:53:55 pm