Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.

Water beetle. by faulkick, on Flickr

This is one of many water beetles which decided to make my swimming pool home during winter when we were not putting any chemicals in the pool.

In a coffee jar, using extension tubes.

Reply #1350 Posted: September 01, 2011, 01:26:08 am

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
Cool

Reply #1351 Posted: September 01, 2011, 09:52:33 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Yea thanks Emrico :) although that's a pretty bad photo, as it kept on darting about inside the jar, and when ever I moved the jar it would move again, so I had to wait for it to stop moving right infront of the camera, as the extension tubes are a bit difficult to handle especially when trying to focus on something moving.

Reply #1352 Posted: September 01, 2011, 02:52:07 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Some things that go on and on

and some rocks.

Reply #1353 Posted: September 01, 2011, 04:47:34 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:27:28 pm by deadmeatwalking

Reply #1354 Posted: September 04, 2011, 03:15:49 pm

Offline NZGramps

• Devoted Member
  • NZGramps has no influence.
cool shots deadmeat :)

Reply #1355 Posted: September 06, 2011, 11:57:49 am
Keep off the Lawn!!

Offline BushySB

• Devoted Member
  • BushySB has no influence.
Very cool!!! Love the second pic!

Reply #1356 Posted: September 06, 2011, 12:10:05 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
from the opening of the RWC fireworks display over Auckland city

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/fw9911_30_1.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/fw9911_30.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/fw9911_25.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/fw9911_23.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/fw9911_19.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/fw9911_2.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/fw9911_1.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/fw9911.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1357 Posted: September 10, 2011, 03:33:26 pm

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
  • Postal2 has no influence.
Nice work, there are some awesome images and tips in this thread, took a few nights to get through all 66 pages.
Thanks for the tip deadmeat, I got a ND fader and got a few shots at sunset before the RWC fireworks

This one was taken with ND fader set to Max, Exposure time 1/3sec, ISO-800, at 5:55pm

Exposure time 6sec, ISO-100, at 6:30pm

Exposure time 30sec, ISO-100, at 8:50pm

Exposure time 170sec, ISO-100, at 11:15pm

Taken on my Canon EOS 450D
I have so many Images that I want to share, but don't want to over do it, so when the time is right ill post some more :D

P.S. Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2011 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14792580
Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:19:57 pm by Postal2

Reply #1358 Posted: September 14, 2011, 12:15:47 am

Offline BushySB

• Devoted Member
  • BushySB has no influence.
Chilling over at bayswater aye. Nice pics

Reply #1359 Posted: September 14, 2011, 08:42:46 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Freakin awesome Postal looks really good mate

thanks heaps for that link theres some stunning photography there

the nd fader image came out really well mate love how you used the maxed out cross incorporated into the image  

have a good long play with it and you'll find the sweet spot (normally about 3 - 4 stops from max) using iso 100 and really low appature (22ish) and you can do full daylight shots 40 seconds long or so

Reply #1360 Posted: September 14, 2011, 09:20:04 am

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
Sweet thanks
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1421464
maxed out cross incorporated into the image
not what I was expecting but looked cool so I went with it.
Yes time for a long play :D

Reply #1361 Posted: September 14, 2011, 11:11:46 pm

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
Sweet thanks
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1421464
maxed out cross incorporated into the image

not what I was expecting but looked cool so I went with it.
Yes time for a long play :D

Reply #1362 Posted: September 14, 2011, 11:21:29 pm

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
  • foRsakEn has no influence.
Here's a taste of WRC Coffs' Harbour 2011.

Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:29:07 pm by foRsakEn

Reply #1363 Posted: September 15, 2011, 07:16:16 pm
Want to see how your PC stacks up against the rest?

GetSome\'s Official Benchmarking Leaderboards

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Daddy Long Legs by faulkick, on Flickr

Just found this next to my BBQ, pretty bad ass, I guess it is true that Daddy Long Legs do not get fucked over by any other spiders.

Reply #1364 Posted: September 16, 2011, 02:11:27 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

This bird was ruthlessly knocking coffees over at Arthur's pass.

Reply #1365 Posted: September 18, 2011, 04:00:14 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Wicked shot!

Reply #1366 Posted: September 18, 2011, 04:42:16 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member

Untitled by LSDesignsNZ, on Flickr

Untitled by LSDesignsNZ, on Flickr

Reply #1367 Posted: September 19, 2011, 02:17:37 pm

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
WOW nice. :D

Reply #1368 Posted: September 19, 2011, 02:45:42 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
These forums need a feature, where after every time DMW posts an image in this thread, there are 10 posts by people complimenting the photos, I don't think he knows how to take a bad photo. :P

[/jealousfactor]

Reply #1369 Posted: September 19, 2011, 03:12:04 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
LOL everyone takes bad photos bro i just choose not to show them .... in saying that if you want help or any info just ask i am more than glad to help out where i can :)

Reply #1370 Posted: September 19, 2011, 03:16:55 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
I'm sure everyone takes bad photos, it's just down to who has the discipline not to post them. Something about trying to capture a moment in time, and then really wanting to share that moment with people, despite your reproduction of it being crap etc etc

Reply #1371 Posted: September 19, 2011, 03:17:33 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
well you see every photo no matter who calls what crap ect ... is a photo take by some one from there point of view,  if you think its a cool photo and you like it post it.

Photography is a way of capturing an moment in time its that moment you see that no one else does so if you do capture and share it hey thats up to you. Dont let anyone tell you its a shit photo ... a shit photo compared to what the identical moment someone else took the exact same photo ? haha  doest happen
do what makes you happy take photos of what inspires you
shoot your way

when your comfortable and get in the place you wanna be everything else will fall into place

Reply #1372 Posted: September 19, 2011, 03:26:12 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
omg warm fuzzies

Reply #1373 Posted: September 19, 2011, 03:41:20 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Haha yea, I wasn't really being serious when I said you don't take 'bad' photos, was just trying to make a different post from the usual 'zomg fantastic shot!111oneone'

Speaking of warm fuzzies, first one to guess what plant this is, gets a brownie point.

Photomatix, the HDR program I use, seems to modify the photos when saving them or something, because all the shots which I use PM to process, look different in the program, to what they do when viewing outside of it, such as in this post.

Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:10:04 am by Spork

Reply #1374 Posted: September 20, 2011, 01:05:07 am