Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Here is a picture I took a while ago.

Spot not only the imperfection but what caused it :)

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=ztyvv4rl.yu0.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1450 Posted: January 22, 2012, 12:03:56 am
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/muriwai_7.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/muriwai_4.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/muriwai.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/muriwai_11.jpg
Cool photos you've taken
Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:39:30 am by deadmeatwalking

Reply #1451 Posted: January 24, 2012, 12:22:06 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Woah man. Epic.  

Second picture tops it for me. Very very cool.

Reply #1452 Posted: January 24, 2012, 05:37:44 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline .osiRiS

• Administrator
  • .osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!.osiRiS is a rising star!
What kind of post editing do you do DMW with those water shots?

Reply #1453 Posted: January 24, 2012, 07:07:46 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Looks like a 3bracket HDR ..  could be wrong but has the beauty of HDR

Reply #1454 Posted: January 24, 2012, 07:10:18 pm

Offline swindle

Long exposure.

Reply #1455 Posted: January 24, 2012, 07:45:43 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
I agree, that second one is amazing, great work once again mate!

Reply #1456 Posted: January 24, 2012, 09:32:17 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
no HDR involved here has a lil bit of lightening on the grass and under the light line from the sun (which would normally be dark because of light refraction through the lens) and a wee lil bit of clarity added to it in RAW but thats it (i hardly ever use HDR) all my stuff is edited in camera RAW and then processed through PS CS5 to remove dust spots / sea spray where possible

the water has no edit as the natural light is enough to highlight it and its milky due to as Swindle said long exposure

Reply #1457 Posted: January 24, 2012, 09:41:19 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Took this yesterday, but don't have my laptop operational atm so no photoshop - stunning frescos all down this alleyway.

If you look at the edge of the white building, where it meets the shorter wall - just by the wall-light it looks like it's curving back - is this a case of the lens distorting the perspective?
Canon 300d / 18-55mm lens

Reply #1458 Posted: January 24, 2012, 10:00:54 pm

Offline swindle

You won't get any lens distortion in a 18-55. Not wide enough.

I see what you mean, I guess its just a trick of the light :)

Reply #1459 Posted: January 24, 2012, 10:34:23 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
yeah its a trick of the light if you look closely the whole row of buildings is on a tilt back due to the angle the photo was shot it is in a way cause by lens distortion as the front element of a lens isn't flat its convexed  this causes the light to bend as it travels through the lens hence causing the buildings to look like they are on a lean :P

Reply #1460 Posted: January 25, 2012, 11:15:06 am

Offline swindle

Random one from taking my daughter to the playground. Kinda dangerous really...

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=0iqwb1ck.yrt.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1461 Posted: January 25, 2012, 11:02:10 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
^Bright day eh? I like it.

Reminds me of when I was a kid, there was a playground at my school made almost entirely from wood, was so damn cool, except for the blisters and splinters and other problems you would get. I remember we used to have races to see who could run around the outside edge balanced along similar wooden logs as pictured above, and one of them was sticking out of the ground in exactly the same way - often lead to kids stubbing their feet pretty badly at times. Running around in sandals as well, so not much protection at all.

Reply #1462 Posted: January 26, 2012, 11:35:01 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Spork;1464167

Reminds me of when I was a kid, there was a playground at my school made almost entirely from wood, was so damn cool, except for the blisters and splinters and other problems you would get. I remember we used to have races to see who could run around the outside edge balanced along similar wooden logs as pictured above, and one of them was sticking out of the ground in exactly the same way - often lead to kids stubbing their feet pretty badly at times. Running around in sandals as well, so not much protection at all.

so memories of last year then eh spork.... :-P

Reply #1463 Posted: January 26, 2012, 12:17:32 pm

Offline swindle

Quote from: Spork;1464167

f/2.8 for the bokeh yo. I washed it out a little in lightroom because the colors where shitty.

Reply #1464 Posted: January 26, 2012, 06:08:29 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
This kind of question is probably asked a thousand times but...

I've got a Fujifilm S5000 camera -> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms5000/

W
hat would I need to take mega sexy shots that you are all taking? Without needing a tripod? A costly lens? Better knowledge about settings?

Reply #1465 Posted: January 26, 2012, 09:58:36 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
you should learn to operate the camera manually, or as manual as you can on 1 of those. You should still be able to take quite shallow DoF images etc if you want.

Reply #1466 Posted: January 26, 2012, 10:07:35 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline swindle

Quote from: `Kayne;1464364

I've got a Fujifilm S5000 camera -> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilms5000/

W
hat would I need to take mega sexy shots that you are all taking? Without needing a tripod? A costly lens? Better knowledge about settings?

It has manual controls bro.

And a viewfinder, albeit 89% frame coverage.

Use them.

Here, this will help.

Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:58:31 pm by swindle

Reply #1467 Posted: January 26, 2012, 11:55:45 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: `Kayne;1464364

W

Photoshop. (for those of us who can't afford lenses, DSLRs or tripods)

Reply #1468 Posted: January 27, 2012, 12:43:31 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Some Photos from a mates wedding...

these were pre wedding getting readdy the rest of the shots i have processed and given to the couple,

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=nk4hlqoe.o0b.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=h0ssxdpg.k2z.jpg
Cool photos you've taken
Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:59:56 pm by Xsannz

Reply #1469 Posted: January 29, 2012, 12:45:32 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Looks like he forgot to shave half his face.

Reply #1470 Posted: January 29, 2012, 02:36:20 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: mycoolcar;1464876
Looks like he forgot to shave half his face.

i will accept your trolling in the bf3 section but sod off were your comments are not welcome.

Reply #1471 Posted: January 29, 2012, 03:47:10 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

Reply #1472 Posted: January 29, 2012, 04:08:18 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Not trolling. That is my legit opinion.

Nice photo, but it is a pity he forgot to shave. Wedding photos are with you for life, so you may as well make yourself look good for them.

Reply #1473 Posted: January 29, 2012, 04:09:46 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
Quote from: mycoolcar;1464911
Not trolling. That is my legit opinion.

Nice photo, but it is a pity he forgot to shave. Wedding photos are with you for life, so you may as well make yourself look good for them.

that was him shaving.. his wife didnt want him clean shaven, he normally sports a full beard .. but trimmed it down to that for the wedding...

Reply #1474 Posted: January 29, 2012, 04:25:06 pm