Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=phvr5ud5.5tq.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

100ISO - 70MM - f/4.0 - 1/250sec.

Reply #1475 Posted: January 30, 2012, 05:53:56 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

(Full res: right-click/view image)
Panorama, lens flare fucks me off :@  

This was such an impressive wall though.

And here's a wanky shot I took the yesterday morning:

Reply #1476 Posted: January 31, 2012, 12:01:08 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
That first one isn't working for me super_whorey.

EDIT: I really like the second one though, super cheesy with the hot air balloons, but it's still good. :P

EDIT2: Ah, after 10 minutes it loaded, may just be because I'm international, although looks like its from Flickr?
Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 12:40:18 am by Spork

Reply #1477 Posted: January 31, 2012, 12:34:11 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Quote from: Spork;1465196
That first one isn't working for me super_whorey.

EDIT: I really like the second one though, super cheesy with the hot air balloons, but it's still good. :P

EDIT2: Ah, after 10 minutes it loaded, may just be because I'm international, although looks like its from Flickr?

Probably because it's an 8mb file. Whoops, should have compressed.

Reply #1478 Posted: January 31, 2012, 01:03:39 am

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
Nice cant check meta data on the phon... what lense were you using for shot 1

Reply #1479 Posted: February 02, 2012, 01:34:52 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Have you moved to Melborne?

Reply #1480 Posted: February 02, 2012, 01:37:48 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Quote from: Xsannz;1465856
Nice cant check meta data on the phon... what lense were you using for shot 1

EF-S 18/55 (the only lens I have on a camera I don't own)

Have you moved to Melborne?

Negative, have been over here for the summer (eq/boring understimulating city respite), but back to Chch soon for study.

Reply #1481 Posted: February 02, 2012, 02:02:39 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Silver Efex Pro 2 is a cool program.

My girl little girl.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=iegzx1yd.djl.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1482 Posted: February 02, 2012, 09:28:50 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline swindle

Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:25:44 pm by swindle

Reply #1483 Posted: February 05, 2012, 09:20:33 pm

Offline swindle

Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 09:36:13 am by swindle

Reply #1484 Posted: February 05, 2012, 09:20:50 pm

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
  • Postal2 has no influence.
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2365/20120204141012ps.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1485 Posted: February 06, 2012, 12:24:24 am

Offline swindle

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=ehde5evj.fhx.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1486 Posted: February 06, 2012, 03:48:16 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
All my hipster friends are totes loving instagram right now - with it's sepia and washed out tones and nasty filters and overlays.

So I thought I'd try to replicate it in Photoshop! I even added a really bad lens flare for the ultimate effect.

Reply #1487 Posted: February 06, 2012, 07:29:34 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Haha perfect, Although it needs more compression so you can replicate an iPhone photo, and also the black border generally takes up 90% of the photo.

Reply #1488 Posted: February 06, 2012, 09:49:39 pm

Offline swindle

The black boarder is a fantastic separator for forums etc imo.

Reply #1489 Posted: February 06, 2012, 10:09:41 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
Thought I'd try take it a step further.
Photoshop's kind of fun, but I've never really got into these gimmicks. Interesting to play around with, but I don't really take anything that's been edited like this seriously.

The vintage effect is kind of negated by the television antenna on the neighbour's roof.

Reply #1490 Posted: February 07, 2012, 03:29:23 am

Offline swindle

My daughter being a fool :p

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=fkhkprjg.32q.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1491 Posted: February 08, 2012, 11:16:41 pm

Offline Xsannz

• Addicted
  • Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!Xsannz is awe-inspiring!
At the local market playing with the 24-70mm

was shot at 24mm f2.8 as light was low and overcast, converted to b+W with max blu filter in PS to pop out the darkish areas, then sepia over the top and cropped down to keep subject the main thing in the frame.

comments welcome as i shoot alot but my Post processing has always been a slap dash process...

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=utzjwbxn.yjz.png
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1492 Posted: February 11, 2012, 01:35:44 pm

Offline swindle

Its a nice picture :)  Good composition. The sepia is what really makes it though. Works well.

Baking with my girl today.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=f1ftcq4q.shh.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1493 Posted: February 11, 2012, 06:45:47 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
  • Oddball has no influence.
I like the dutch tilt there swindle, works for it.

Reply #1494 Posted: February 11, 2012, 09:57:13 pm
A testament to my ICONZ Legacy: http://i.imgur.com/z1qGsZ3.png
Retired warden of the getsome concentration camp for stupid people.

Offline swindle

Cheers man.

Yeah, the tilt...

Either sets the picture off, or its a total failure. 2 years using a DSLR and that's my best one, by far lol.

Reply #1495 Posted: February 11, 2012, 10:00:25 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
It did catch my eye for sure, even the values (particularly the contrast) are great and DOF is working for it :)

@Xsannz - there's a lot more that goes into a sepia photograph than that color ;)

Reply #1496 Posted: February 11, 2012, 10:04:06 pm

Offline swindle

<3 Silver Efex Pro2...

Control points? Yes fucking please...

Reply #1497 Posted: February 11, 2012, 10:05:25 pm

Offline Oddball

• Devoted Member
I've never actually heard of that before, just checked it out... the name really put me off, sounds all.. gimmicky... but the videos look really good, not to mention the actual marketing presentation in the video was nicely done. I'll definitely have to look into it when I get some equipment again.

Reply #1498 Posted: February 11, 2012, 10:12:47 pm

Offline swindle

Funny. That was exactly what I thought.

Love it now. ATM I'm only doing black and white. I really really enjoy black and white.

Reply #1499 Posted: February 11, 2012, 10:14:37 pm