http://imageshack.us/a/img855/6122/bubblez.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

and some random dog
http://imageshack.us/a/img515/8602/dogln.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1950 Posted: December 30, 2012, 08:15:59 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!

IMG_0102 by tasmanexpress, on Flickr

IMG_0085 by tasmanexpress, on Flickr
Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:55:31 pm by Zarkov

Reply #1951 Posted: December 30, 2012, 09:45:09 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Godwits at Ambury Farm Park today.

IMG_0208 by tasmanexpress, on Flickr

And a Pied Stilt.

IMG_0197 by tasmanexpress, on Flickr
Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:04:27 pm by Zarkov

Reply #1952 Posted: December 31, 2012, 08:02:23 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

Reply #1953 Posted: January 01, 2013, 03:45:44 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
That last B&W is fucking awesome, hori!

Reply #1954 Posted: January 01, 2013, 04:04:03 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Cheers matey,

How did you get the sepia tone on the picture of your cousin? Is that done in-camera or post?

I don't really know what the fuck I'm doing with LR, so it's something I'm trying to find out from people (as opposed to the paralysis of having a million google results all suggesting different things).

Anyway, here's another shot from the same day

And here's my flickr photostream

Reply #1955 Posted: January 02, 2013, 01:07:37 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Super_Hori;1513305
Cheers matey,

How did you get the sepia tone on the picture of your cousin? Is that done in-camera or post?

Mainly post, but the picture itself was taken with spot metering, which allowed me to get that effect. In Lightroom I mainly changed it to black and white and played around with the tone until I got something that felt 'summery' whilst still being technically B&W (well.. sepia)

Reply #1956 Posted: January 02, 2013, 07:30:01 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: Super_Hori;1513305
I don't really know what the fuck I'm doing with LR, so it's something I'm trying to find out from people (as opposed to the paralysis of having a million google results all suggesting different things).

I was in the same boat, so just started playing with shit to see what happens. Turns out it was a pretty good way to do it, and then look to google for more specific things which you would expect to be able to do in some hardout program, e.g. I presumed LR could do batch processing, which was useful to me for timelapse's, google showed me the way.

Reply #1957 Posted: January 02, 2013, 08:44:03 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

Reply #1958 Posted: January 02, 2013, 05:44:32 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Awesome photos mate, that first one is awesome.

Reply #1959 Posted: January 02, 2013, 07:38:12 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
awesome as !!

went to the coromandel for a week or so

Untitled by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

this has been shrunk so i could upload it but the original is 35,000 pix wide

i took shitloads lol so more may pop up as i go :P

Reply #1960 Posted: January 03, 2013, 12:46:29 am

Offline Speakman

• Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!Speakman is awe-inspiring!

Pano from my Galaxy S3 looking across Banks Peninsula from Wainui Beach out towards the Akaroa side.

Not bad for a first attempt
Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:56:12 am by Speakman

Reply #1961 Posted: January 03, 2013, 12:53:17 am
Quote from: Mellcor
i had kinda hope speakman had died, what a pity

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Stopped by Waihi.

Person for scale, this is a HUGE hole.

Reply #1962 Posted: January 04, 2013, 08:03:40 pm

Offline krasher

• Addicted
  • krasher has no influence.
LOVE those sunset/star shots deadmeat. Love them. Single exposure or blended shots? What iso/speed you shooting in. I think mine go grainy once they get that well exposed. Need better gear.

My backyard by moonlight. ISO100 - BULB, about a minute.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7654[/ATTACH]
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:29:02 pm by krasher

Reply #1963 Posted: January 05, 2013, 09:19:44 pm
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
single exposures mate :) its the moon rising over kennedy bay 1st star one is 39 sec F4 ISO-2000  and the second is 44 sec F4 Iso-400  :)

Reply #1964 Posted: January 06, 2013, 07:31:23 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted

OMGICANMAKEITAINSTAGRAMINPOST

Reply #1965 Posted: January 07, 2013, 11:42:24 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
fuk off back to instagram dik

Cool picture mate, liking the colors.

Reply #1966 Posted: January 08, 2013, 07:34:15 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
omg thats so deep. The door to no where is like a metaphor for of life man.

Reply #1967 Posted: January 08, 2013, 09:56:00 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
I wonder who Katie is.

Reply #1968 Posted: January 08, 2013, 09:57:15 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
katie holmes ?

Reply #1969 Posted: January 08, 2013, 10:42:26 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Nah man Katie Piper

Reply #1970 Posted: January 08, 2013, 11:20:27 am

Offline winter

• Addicted
Some new'uns.

Took this on New Years day, crazy stoked with the composition, could've used a bit of tweaking but it looked awesome at the time and didn't come out a bit blurry until after I had uploaded them ah well.. onwards and upwards!

this was just a bumblebee doing his shit.

and then yet another photo of my son, quality of the image is pretty sweet considering it was taken with my nifty fifty and natural light.

and finally a starry shot on New Years eve night - not to happy with the quality, really blurry and left my shutter at home so could only manage a 30 second exposure..
Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:52:31 pm by winter

Reply #1971 Posted: January 08, 2013, 12:49:10 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
THB, for star photos you kinda don't want much longer than 30sec, unless you are trying to get trails and shit. Also need no clouds, or very slow moving ones, as they go all blurry and shit in long exposures (which at times can look cool, but if you are going to stack a bunch of images, it totally fucks them).

Seens f2.8 or lower glass or a high iso low noise camera are the best things to have for stars.

I do quite like the lower right of the star photo though with the silhouette of the tree.

Reply #1972 Posted: January 08, 2013, 01:10:11 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
Quote from: mycoolcar;1513847
THB, for star photos you kinda don't want much longer than 30sec, unless you are trying to get trails and shit. Also need no clouds, or very slow moving ones, as they go all blurry and shit in long exposures (which at times can look cool, but if you are going to stack a bunch of images, it totally fucks them).

Seens f2.8 or lower glass or a high iso low noise camera are the best things to have for stars.

I do quite like the lower right of the star photo though with the silhouette of the tree.

Yeah, def need a better lens, that shot was taken with my 18-55 iirc on my 600D - I'll keep giving sky shots a try until I get em figured.

+ practice practice practice.
Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 03:23:10 pm by winter

Reply #1973 Posted: January 08, 2013, 02:00:37 pm

Offline krasher

• Addicted
  • krasher has no influence.
Love the bumble bee! Gotta be quick to get it in focus with that narrow DOF.

Star/Night photos are fun. I think I need to up my ISO a bit. 100 was me being too extreme trying to avoid noise but I can go WAY higher iso than that by the looks.

Reply #1974 Posted: January 08, 2013, 03:25:09 pm
=]IRBS[=

i5 2500k|GTX560ti|GA-Z68X-UD3|8Gig DDR3 1600|24" LG 19x12|650W Corsair|64GB SSD Cache WD640