Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
yeah mate you really need to push the iso for star shots .... any more than 30 secs on an 18mm lens with an crop sensor will cause star tracking ( trails) i generally (on a dark night with NO external light) ill always shoot at iso 2000, i still get some noise at that but use a noise filter in Ps  try at iso 800 next time with a real high Fstop F2.8 or F3.5 or F4  :)

Reply #1975 Posted: January 08, 2013, 10:46:16 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1513925
yeah mate you really need to push the iso for star shots .... any more than 30 secs on an 18mm lens with an crop sensor will cause star tracking ( trails) i generally (on a dark night with NO external light) ill always shoot at iso 2000, i still get some noise at that but use a noise filter in Ps  try at iso 800 next time with a real high Fstop F2.8 or F3.5 or F4  :)

Cheers bud, will give it a shot (geddit) - the noise on my 600D is quite substantial at iso 2k but might be okay at around 800.

Haven't tried the noise filter in PS, will give that a try also.

Reply #1976 Posted: January 09, 2013, 08:24:53 am

Offline private_hell

• Addicted
  • private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.private_hell is on the verge of being accepted.
a couple from new years in the sounds

i really need to figure out a better way to stabilise the camera - some of the other pics came out a bit shaky
Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:23:08 pm by private_hell

Reply #1977 Posted: January 09, 2013, 06:18:37 pm
"Let him who desires peace prepare for war" - Flavius Vegetius Renatus (375AD) De Rei Militari

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1513925

Do you use a plugin with PS to noise filter? Or just the built in stuff?

Reply #1978 Posted: January 09, 2013, 09:05:43 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
yeah sure do mate its called imagenomic noiseware pro

Reply #1979 Posted: January 10, 2013, 12:18:08 am

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Monotonous monochrome.

Reply #1980 Posted: January 13, 2013, 11:10:50 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
That second photo, Hori. Some consultant must have been doing the rounds up and down the country with that installation. We have one almost identical to it in a courtyard here in Palmy.

Reply #1981 Posted: January 13, 2013, 11:48:55 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
That second photo, Hori. Some consultant must have been doing the rounds up and down the country with that installation. We have one almost identical to it in a courtyard here in Palmy.

Reply #1982 Posted: January 13, 2013, 11:49:11 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Interesting Rii, don't spose you have a Street-view link?

Here's the background on the CHCH one:

http://www.ccc.govt.nz/thecouncil/newsmedia/mediareleases/2010/201005253.aspx

Edit:

D/w

http://www.publicsculpture.org.nz/index.php?page=numbers

Same guy, Anton Parsons.

Reply #1983 Posted: January 13, 2013, 11:54:47 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
love that second one as well ... i would love to see an edit if you played with the contrast and exposure and darkened it up a lil ... just a thought :)

Reply #1984 Posted: January 14, 2013, 12:32:58 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
a couple from Piha last night

Untitled by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #1985 Posted: January 14, 2013, 12:39:10 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
A few shots from down south over the last week or so.

Reply #1986 Posted: January 14, 2013, 10:53:12 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
A few shots from down south over the last week or so.

Lightning over Twizel.

Mt Cook over a rare calm Lake Pukaki.

Lake Benmore in full spill, this was fucking awesome!
Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:56:07 am by Growler

Reply #1987 Posted: January 14, 2013, 10:53:33 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Super_Hori;1514485

Coleman Place, Palmerston North, New Zealand

Google Maps that, go to StreetView and then pan to the left.

Reply #1988 Posted: January 14, 2013, 05:40:40 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

Quote from: Super_Hori;1514485

Coleman Place, Palmerston North, New Zealand

Google Maps that, go to StreetView and then pan to the left.

Reply #1989 Posted: January 14, 2013, 05:40:57 pm

Offline Chilli

• Addicted
  • Chilli has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1514524

Lake Benmore in full spill, this was fucking awesome!

Great shots, but being there watching that wouldve been epic indeed.

Reply #1990 Posted: January 14, 2013, 05:45:06 pm
♣ Free Tampons ♣

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Growlers lightening makes me hard.

Reply #1991 Posted: January 14, 2013, 07:16:38 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Growlers lightening makes me hard.

Reply #1992 Posted: January 14, 2013, 07:16:55 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
So hard I double, or even triple post up in here.

Reply #1993 Posted: January 14, 2013, 07:18:29 pm

Offline Chilli

• Addicted
Quote from: winter;1513839

this was just a bumblebee doing his shit.

sick quality  _b

Lovin these too

Reply #1994 Posted: January 14, 2013, 10:06:18 pm
♣ Free Tampons ♣

Offline winter

• Addicted
  • winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!winter has great potential!
Quote from: Chilli;1514634
sick quality  _b

Lovin these too

Cheers, the bokeh is a bit messy on that lens to be honest - but that's what you get for a cheap almost toy-like lens haha.

Reply #1995 Posted: January 15, 2013, 07:51:02 am

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
Nordkapp at Okura yesterday.

Taken with my little Fuji minus the underwater casing.

Poor image, but I like the composition.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3816/kel001.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reply #1996 Posted: January 15, 2013, 08:18:15 am

Offline Chilli

• Addicted
Quote from: Zarkov;1514654
Nordkapp at Okura yesterday.

Taken with my little Fuji minus the underwater casing.

Poor image, but I like the composition.

Is that your sea kayak Zar!?

I really need to get a decent camera, would love to have shots like these :<

Reply #1997 Posted: January 15, 2013, 08:34:01 am
♣ Free Tampons ♣

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

IT'S A BANANA.

GET IN THE BANANA, ZARKOV.

GET IN.

Reply #1998 Posted: January 15, 2013, 03:41:39 pm

Offline winter

• Addicted
^clearly a racist - remove all of his rep and give it to me.

Reply #1999 Posted: January 15, 2013, 03:49:48 pm