Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Star trails from last night.

Star Trails by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2050 Posted: February 07, 2013, 12:48:23 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
tuesday night ... lol Mcc stars are the new black :P

senic stars 622013_10_@ by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

senic stars 622013_12_@ by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2051 Posted: February 08, 2013, 10:26:13 am

Offline Valvanite

• ZUUUNE

• Valvanite has no influence.
Amazing time exp man. wicked.

Im still not using digital. Not bvecause I cant afford to. But because I still enjoy taking 35mm shots as a hobby and the excitement I get when a new film gets developed.

More recently I photographed the 2013 Airsoft nationals last weekend in Chch.

But heres a few I took while living in Queenstown.

Reply #2052 Posted: February 08, 2013, 03:59:12 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Nah it's Global Warming. That blue isn't the sky, it's New Zealand under water. The bears are adjusting fine, I'm not sure about us bottom-dwellers.

Reply #2053 Posted: February 08, 2013, 08:45:39 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Put the 50mm lens on today and left everything else at home, because I wanted to actually move around and think a bit more. As it turned out my day got cut short, so I only got about
75 frames shot which was disappointing.

Quote from: mycoolcar;1517042
What tripod did you end up getting?

I got an Inca i3170, I think - it's really shitty; but it only cost me $30 and I needed one badly.

Quote from: Valvanite;1517300
Im still not using digital. Not bvecause I cant afford to. But because I still enjoy taking 35mm shots as a hobby and the excitement I get when a new film gets developed.

That portrait shot is really nice.

I really enjoyed playing with my father's minolta over Christmas - and using a film camera I thought a lot about each shot before pulling the trigger.
However, full-time Film would be prohibitively expensive for me; Digital has meant photography is accessible to me while trying to learn.

The best thing about film though is the finality of it, I can't develop film so it's really up to the people I take it to, once the shutter's clicked.
Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 09:12:18 pm by Tandoori

Reply #2054 Posted: February 09, 2013, 09:07:32 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Muriwai by night

ISO-800
F4
195"
@ 10mm

Muriwai nights by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2055 Posted: February 10, 2013, 04:02:58 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1517234
senic stars 622013_12_@ by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Scenic drive?

Pretty sure I have taken star shots from the same corner. People driving past gave me weird looks.

Valvantine, are you a hipster? Just kidding!
Shots of airsoft plz.

Reply #2056 Posted: February 10, 2013, 05:17:57 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Quote from: mycoolcar;1517510
Scenic drive?

Pretty sure I have taken star shots from the same corner. People driving past gave me weird looks.

yeah bro Scenic drive (lolspelling) and i got the same ... peeps slowing down but its the corner just past the Piha/scenic drive intersection on the left

Reply #2057 Posted: February 10, 2013, 05:55:57 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Sunset a few days ago.

Auckland Sunset by mcctravels, on Flickr

And a shot from my travels over the weekend, more to come. (I want a graduated filter now).

Misty Valleys of the North by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2058 Posted: February 10, 2013, 09:28:49 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
one of my favourites from this weekend

Untitled by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Reply #2059 Posted: February 10, 2013, 11:42:11 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
How me and my boy spent Sunday.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=iwzwwhxc.2q5.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #2060 Posted: February 11, 2013, 10:28:21 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Mr Meat, did you light the foreground with your torch?

Mr owler, did you catch anything?

Reply #2061 Posted: February 11, 2013, 05:40:22 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Went to Waipu Caves (yes there are caves at Waipu!)

Waipu Caves - Reflection by mcctravels, on Flickr

Waipu Caves by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2062 Posted: February 11, 2013, 08:17:04 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
yeah sure did mate

Growler got some mean colours in that shot

love the cave pics Mcc

Reply #2063 Posted: February 11, 2013, 08:20:41 pm

Offline Zarkov

• Cat

• Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!Zarkov is awe-inspiring!
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9708/kaikouraalbatross024.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Avian horror off the Kaikoura coast.

And something cuter from Ulva Island.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/441/stewartisle024.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:09:45 pm by Zarkov

Reply #2064 Posted: February 11, 2013, 09:03:57 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Quote from: deadmeatwalking;1517585
one of my favourites from this weekend

Untitled by Lindsay sops, on Flickr

Seeing that photo made me realize I know you from the D-Photo forums! :)

Wonderful photos on here guys, somehow I don't think to look in here.
I shall from now on I promise.  :)

Reply #2065 Posted: February 12, 2013, 06:09:28 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
LOL yeah for sure mate haven't really been active on there as late but posted a few pics there as a resurgence i guess :P

Reply #2066 Posted: February 12, 2013, 06:14:10 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
Those night shots were amazing!

Here's one from me then, cruising in Opotiki

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7745[/ATTACH]

Reply #2067 Posted: February 12, 2013, 06:18:49 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
Thats quite an awesome image mate love the creative editing fits well

Hows the shop these days ?

Reply #2068 Posted: February 12, 2013, 06:24:13 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
all good, quite busy actually! shhh

Reply #2069 Posted: February 12, 2013, 06:44:45 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
haha sweet mate :P

Reply #2070 Posted: February 12, 2013, 07:25:34 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Went for a little drive, ended up at Cape Reinga.

Lighthouse by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2071 Posted: February 12, 2013, 07:39:37 pm

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
You must have a dodgy GPS, that is not Invercargill at all!

Reply #2072 Posted: February 12, 2013, 08:21:10 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
haha "a little drive"  like the lil engine that could :P  Epic shot tho mate

Reply #2073 Posted: February 12, 2013, 09:34:24 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
I have some star shots to come too, just having a play around with them. Was perfect conditions, no other light, no cloud, cool clear night, no moon (until about 6am when it started to rise).

Reply #2074 Posted: February 12, 2013, 09:43:50 pm