Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Growldizzle, the light in that photo is awesome. Sky is awesome too, and no clouds!

I'ma get myself some filters.

Reply #2150 Posted: April 03, 2013, 07:24:32 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Yeh, marina again.

Marina Afternoon by mcctravels, on Flickr

Marina movement by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2151 Posted: April 04, 2013, 11:02:22 am

Codex

Do you live in a boat

Reply #2152 Posted: April 04, 2013, 03:04:20 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
I wish!

Its on my way to work, so I stop by. Been trying to find other cool places on my way, but nothing compares.

Reply #2153 Posted: April 04, 2013, 08:06:23 pm

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: mycoolcar;1522580
I wish!

Its on my way to work, so I stop by. Been trying to find other cool places on my way, but nothing compares.
Have you tried the local playground?

Reply #2154 Posted: April 04, 2013, 11:12:21 pm
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Wouldn't be much point, kids are not there when I drive past. Maybe I can convince some to join in on a dawn photo session, are you free next week?

Reply #2155 Posted: April 05, 2013, 08:56:02 am

Offline Xenolightning

• GS Developer
  • Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!Xenolightning is awe-inspiring!
Yep, can I bring my Camo Trenchcoat?

Reply #2156 Posted: April 05, 2013, 09:31:51 am
-= Sad pug is sad =-

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Yes, might need some face paint too... or I can supply.

Reply #2157 Posted: April 05, 2013, 10:17:30 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
LOL just add clown face :P

anything down at Herald island mate .. or down the back end of Hobsonville air base .. at the old sunderland bay from the wharf ?

Might go down there tomorrow morning if the weather looks ok

Reply #2158 Posted: April 05, 2013, 10:29:42 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Went to Hobsonville Point today. Sunrise was pretty shit and there was too much wind to get flat water. Its typical the days I worked this week (tues & wed) had super incredible awesome sunrises, while Thursday was raining, and Fridays had no colour :(

Will see what magic post can do to some of these images.

Reply #2159 Posted: April 05, 2013, 11:00:09 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
im keen to go out there tomorrow you keen brah ?

Reply #2160 Posted: April 05, 2013, 01:55:39 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Probably keen. What time you thinking?

Cloud Movement by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #2161 Posted: April 05, 2013, 05:32:26 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
lol prolly 5 or 6 am :P

Reply #2162 Posted: April 05, 2013, 05:33:41 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
WhaT!

Its still dark then. Blue hour normally starts about 6:50, with sunrising around 7:40 ATM.

Reply #2163 Posted: April 05, 2013, 05:44:20 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
yeah but when you shoot 400 sec exposures all the light rules walk right out the door ;)

Reply #2164 Posted: April 05, 2013, 06:33:47 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
So I found this abandoned building complete with hipster graffiti quote, so I took a photo and smashed it with the editing stick.

Hipster Graffiti by mcctravels, on Flickr

Might turn up tomorrow AM Mr.Dead. Will decide at about 5am when I look out the window. Will send you a magical text message if I am.

Reply #2165 Posted: April 05, 2013, 08:09:17 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
sweeeet

Reply #2166 Posted: April 05, 2013, 08:56:18 pm

Offline Mayhem_Lee

• Addicted
  • Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.Mayhem_Lee is working their way up.
Still amazes me the size of machinery the use in mining, I raise your Huge Hole for the Gaping Hole of Kalgoorlie Super-pit.
Not that I know how to have the full size image...

Quote from: mycoolcar;1513503
Stopped by Waihi.

Person for scale, this is a HUGE hole.

Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:05:14 pm by Mayhem_Lee

Reply #2167 Posted: April 08, 2013, 09:59:33 pm

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.

View across Otago Harbour from the hill above Harrington Point Road. Pukekura to the right, Aramoana in the centre and Port Chalmers off to the left there.

For some reason CS6 isn't liking the idea of merging 15 .cr2s, so I had to convert them to .jpeg (which meant I couldn't do a better job of reducing noise and preserving clarity - c'est la vie).

Reply #2168 Posted: April 11, 2013, 07:30:07 pm

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Horizon. Level. Needs.

Nice though.

Reply #2169 Posted: April 11, 2013, 08:02:10 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Tandoori

• Addicted
  • Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.Tandoori is a force to reckon with.
Can you explain?
(or scribble some arrows on a copy?)

I'm guess it's because I didn't take the originals with a tripod so there's some distortion; but my eyes can't see it. / how to correct?

Reply #2170 Posted: April 11, 2013, 08:12:51 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Right side needs to be lower.

Reply #2171 Posted: April 11, 2013, 08:22:34 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7852[/ATTACH]
thats level bro  ... if you use the crop tool in cs6 you can use the horizontal lines to level the horizon [ATTACH=CONFIG]7853[/ATTACH] like this

Reply #2172 Posted: April 11, 2013, 09:02:28 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Hori, find an app called 'PTgui Pro'

there are off site backups out there, is the best joining tool I have found.

Reply #2173 Posted: April 12, 2013, 07:31:12 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline bigROBOTbill

• Addicted
  • bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.bigROBOTbill has a powerful will.
In CS6 once the layers are blended go to the crop tool and along the top there is a straighten tool, click on the left water line, drag it to the right water line and hit enter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7855[/ATTACH]

Reply #2174 Posted: April 12, 2013, 08:29:48 pm