Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/fin3everytime.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/fin6everytime.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/fin2everytime.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/finfin.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #700 Posted: June 14, 2010, 06:02:08 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
  • foRsakEn has no influence.
Nice one bro :) How do I go about makin a stamp like you put on your pics lol

Reply #701 Posted: June 14, 2010, 06:22:49 pm
Want to see how your PC stacks up against the rest?

GetSome\'s Official Benchmarking Leaderboards

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
no offence intended, but I think his stamps are too big, by a HUGE mile.

Reply #702 Posted: June 14, 2010, 07:08:09 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
I'm just after something small in a corner so people
know it's mine etc :) how do you do it lol

Reply #703 Posted: June 14, 2010, 08:41:21 pm

Offline Deviant

• Addicted
  • Deviant has no influence.
Quote from: foRsakEn;1278053

just make something small and chuck it on top in photoshop.

Reply #704 Posted: June 14, 2010, 09:39:16 pm
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.4GHz | ASUS P5Q-EM | XFX 8800GT EXTREME | 2x2Gb G.Skill DDR2-1066MHz | Vista Premium x64 | Silverstone ST75F 750w Modular | Zalman Cooling | 1.32TB HDD | Samsung 226BW | LanBox Lite
| 13354 3Dmark06 |

Offline Paralyzed

• Just settled in
  • Paralyzed has no influence.
Didn't get many photos on my trek though the tongariro crossing, but this is what I have to share.

Reply #705 Posted: June 14, 2010, 10:15:19 pm
The fact is 99% of humanity is made of very good people, but that only 1% is enough to spoil it, causing so much violence that we all pay the price having to defend ourselves. Going to war is one of the most noble things there are but it doesn\'t mean war is good neither stupid.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!

If you set your D90 up, the copyright data is in the exif data in the photo.

Reply #706 Posted: June 14, 2010, 10:24:40 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
Really like the lighting and focus in those Tongariro shots man : )

Reply #707 Posted: June 14, 2010, 10:36:16 pm

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
Quote from: Growler;1278136

If you set your D90 up, the copyright data is in the exif data in the photo.

Yea I noticed that in the exif data. Ta :)

Reply #708 Posted: June 14, 2010, 11:18:57 pm

Offline Distorted

• Devoted Member
  • Distorted has no influence.
Growler, are you familiar with the road over porters pass?

Reply #709 Posted: June 15, 2010, 12:22:25 am
[23:46] <Hori> I\'d do gay for pay
[23:46] <Hori> if the pay was right

I think I would know where to sign on a sexual harrassment settlement, thank you[/CENTER]

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
Couple more shots from the rally

More on my flicr

Reply #710 Posted: June 15, 2010, 12:41:33 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
Woah man

Those are wicked

:D

Reply #711 Posted: June 15, 2010, 05:44:45 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
Cheers dude! I can't stop clicking haha having way too much fun :) posting now from my iPhone after havin a quick walk around waiting for the mrs to finish her guitar lesson lol. Got another rally at the end of July so more pics to come!!

Bro show us more Wellington pics!

Reply #712 Posted: June 15, 2010, 06:33:07 pm

Offline G!mp

• Devoted Member
  • G!mp has no influence.
Do a Mt Vic Pana, or a Kapiti Coast one.

Reply #713 Posted: June 16, 2010, 07:58:37 pm

Offline swindle

Mt Vic pana would be cool

Good idea

Reply #714 Posted: June 16, 2010, 10:25:25 pm

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quick question

Spoiler :
http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/743/940743_090930132420_41694Fujifilm-FinePix-S5000-fron.jpg

Fujifilm FinePix S5000, Is this a good camera or good ish? I like the photo's you guys take and wouldn't mind taking high quality photos of my amphibious friends :)

Reply #715 Posted: June 16, 2010, 11:47:26 pm
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline Growler

what's your budget?

Reply #716 Posted: June 17, 2010, 12:05:21 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: Growler;1279073
what's your budget?

I own that camera, but when ever I try take a high detail picture of my Axolotls, its blurry and usually out of colour. Which i realise has a large possibility of being my fault, But I would like to if i can actually take good photos with this camera.

Reply #717 Posted: June 17, 2010, 12:39:16 am

Offline Growler

Most of those finepix are good/great cameras.

Can you factory reset the camera, that would be my 1st suggestion, just mke sure in all the times of using it you havent accidently put or activated a weird setting.

Make sure shooting at highest rez, put white balance to auto, shoot within the cameras designed focus ranges and try and shoot without using the digital zoom.

Post some pics after you have tried that and let us see what you mean.

Reply #718 Posted: June 17, 2010, 08:14:09 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
Quote from: Growler;1279114
Most of those finepix are good/great cameras.

Can you factory reset the camera, that would be my 1st suggestion, just mke sure in all the times of using it you havent accidently put or activated a weird setting.

Make sure shooting at highest rez, put white balance to auto, shoot within the cameras designed focus ranges and try and shoot without using the digital zoom.

Post some pics after you have tried that and let us see what you mean.

Any particular settings? Its going to be a close up photo of a fish tank that has a light :x

Heres an attempt of playing with the camera, with no clue what i'm doing!

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/700/dscf4072.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

That still looks fuzzy though

Reply #719 Posted: June 17, 2010, 07:04:22 pm

Offline smegmacheese

• Devoted Member
  • smegmacheese has no influence.
Looks very grainy man. Try adjusting the ISO for the light levels? And think about where your light source is when you take the shot. Generally a good idea to have back lighting. Not sure how to work that with a tank. Other annoyance I have with aquarium shots is glass reflection.

Reply #720 Posted: June 17, 2010, 09:31:15 pm

Offline swindle

You're shooting inside man

Problem #1

Reply #721 Posted: June 17, 2010, 11:15:29 pm

Offline Growler

Why is shooting inside a problem?

Reply #722 Posted: June 18, 2010, 08:21:19 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline swindle

Poor light conditions

I imagine that camera wouldn't be so good at shooting inside, especially with the flash off?

Reply #723 Posted: June 18, 2010, 04:48:09 pm

Offline G!mp

• Devoted Member
  • G!mp has no influence.
Quote from: swindle;1279649
Poor light conditions

I imagine that camera wouldn't be so good at shooting inside, especially with the flash off?

Quote from: swindle
Remember, its the person holding the camera, not the camera :)

Your contradicting yourself. Your pro, why not give him tips on how to improve his shot.

I agree with smegma, if you can get a bit more back light without getting any reflection on the glass, it might help. Are you using a tripod/table/chair? That will drop the blurriness quite a bit, plus setting your ISO to a lower rating (1600 ISO -> 400 ISO) will help as well.

The lower you drop your ISO the longer the shutter needs to stay open, so your mate needs to hold real still. Try starting from ISO 800 then working your way down from there. Also when you trigger yer camera put a time delay to prevent movement from your hands.

If your still having problems with grainy pics, then you might have to put the pic through photoshop to reduce the noise.

Reply #724 Posted: June 18, 2010, 05:09:04 pm