Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline foRsakEn

• Addicted
  • foRsakEn has no influence.
Interesting day at Lakeside,

Found some cars from auszoku.net

Reply #825 Posted: September 27, 2010, 01:01:44 am
Want to see how your PC stacks up against the rest?

GetSome\'s Official Benchmarking Leaderboards

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.
Sorry about the shitty quality, the ole point and shoot aint too good in low light.

Twas a rather striking sunrise this morning though.

Reply #826 Posted: September 28, 2010, 09:37:52 am
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
not the best pic but this fucker was crawling up the curtains in the lounge (the matchstick is a big firelighting beehive matchstick btw :P

Reply #827 Posted: September 29, 2010, 09:12:53 am

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
should of lit that fucker on fire!

Reply #828 Posted: September 29, 2010, 09:56:49 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
nah it didnt hurt anyone lol so i put it in a bush outside no point killing a predator that kills the pests :P

Reply #829 Posted: September 29, 2010, 11:44:38 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
fairy falls waitakere ranges thats the top half i couldnt get to the bottom i had both my kids with me all in all the falls from top to bottom is 272 feet high
round trip walk is 1 1/2 hours through the ranges. The bottom half of the trek was too steep for my 3 yr old and 5 yr old

Reply #830 Posted: October 02, 2010, 05:33:07 pm

Offline Nostargate

• Addicted
  • Nostargate barely matters.Nostargate barely matters.
Quote from: EskemoJoe;1314723
Sorry about the shitty quality, the ole point and shoot aint too good in low light.

Twas a rather striking sunrise this morning though.

One does not merely point and shoot into Mordor.

Reply #831 Posted: October 02, 2010, 06:41:54 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Another part of my Tekapo pano. Still 1 more part to go.

Reply #832 Posted: October 04, 2010, 12:26:08 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
* Spork rushes off to buy a 400 inch tv just so he can see the whole thing.

Reply #833 Posted: October 06, 2010, 01:28:18 am

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
That is one super handsome pano you got there Growler.

Reply #834 Posted: October 11, 2010, 08:47:47 pm

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
A couple from riding the rail trail.

Reply #835 Posted: October 15, 2010, 10:10:11 pm

Offline Virus.

• Devoted Member
  • Virus. has no influence.
Some real nice farmy photos there, Joe.

Reply #836 Posted: October 16, 2010, 06:40:42 pm

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
wicked just got an Canon EOS 400d today twin lens kit a 75-300 and 18-55 fucking love it

Reply #837 Posted: October 19, 2010, 01:38:49 pm

Offline Growler

nice mate! good bit of kit!

Reply #838 Posted: October 19, 2010, 03:29:27 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline 420fairy

• Mother Of Dragons

• 420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!420fairy is awe-inspiring!
Quote from: EskemoJoe;1319768
That is one super handsome pano you got there Growler.

youll have to see what he sent me home with.

absolutely breathtaking

Reply #839 Posted: October 19, 2010, 04:36:33 pm

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
Dude, resize...

Reply #840 Posted: October 20, 2010, 09:44:05 am

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
lol yeah RB just looked at it :P
*delete* lol

*edit* lol looks noisy as fuck here dunno why original isnt well you get the general idea :P

Reply #841 Posted: October 20, 2010, 09:48:56 am

Offline Retardobot

• Admin Of This Place

• Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!Retardobot is awe-inspiring!
That's better!

I think it's noisey due to the high JPEG compression you've used to save a file of that size into only 60KBs.

Reply #842 Posted: October 20, 2010, 10:06:29 am

Offline Growler

yeah, Ri got it on the head, too much jpeg compression

Reply #843 Posted: October 20, 2010, 11:21:07 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/IMG_7851.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/IMG_7788.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

a few new ones from the new camera

focal length :49mm  ISO:400  SS: 1/200  Exp Bias : +2  Apt: 5.6

Reply #844 Posted: October 29, 2010, 12:55:48 pm

Offline Growler

mate they are leaps and bounds ahead of your older ones.

Can you take a snap of your setup for doing these, like where you have the drips, lights, colours etc. Would be great to see!

Reply #845 Posted: October 29, 2010, 01:24:02 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Just a note, they look slightly front focused, try going to 6.7, will give you a slighty deeper DOF, but not too much to detract from the shot.

Reply #846 Posted: October 29, 2010, 01:28:29 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/lsdesignsnz/IMG_7852.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

a bit primitive but seems to do the job i need to invest in a flashgun :P

my dad when he gets back from holiday is building me a laser break trigger at the moment all these are taken from reaction

http://photocritic.org/camera-laser-trigger/ <<< trigger build project instructions

awesome ty Growler will try that on the next lot and post up the results all this is set up in my garage under the house so i can completely black it out which makes the light box much brighter

Reply #847 Posted: October 29, 2010, 01:50:02 pm

Offline Growler

So the colour you get in the shot etc, do you drop some coloured paper/card etc behind the water?

Reply #848 Posted: October 29, 2010, 03:15:01 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
yeah sure do i have a few canvas's painted with various tones of reds and blues which in turn reflects the light off and onto the water's surface causing the surface colours the last 2 i just posted up tho where done with a plain white background.
i was previously using oval bowl (bad mistake ) it causes the pics to look out of level
the drops are made with a mix of food colour (queens brand) and water
i am lookin at getting my hands on some electrical transformer oil because its a little thicker and reduces the amount of rippling.

Reply #849 Posted: October 29, 2010, 03:28:36 pm