Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!

Reply #600 Posted: April 19, 2010, 10:59:19 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Panorama taken at the top of Stony Bay Pass Road. 44 photos stitched to make a 360° Panorama. Still a little bit of work to do in the sky, but is a MASSIVE file to work on.

This is a lowrez higly compressed jpeg version, roughly 2.5% of the full size image. The full size image you can see the boats in Akaroa Harbour, which is the bay closest to the bottom in the sun glare.

WARNING IT IS BIG (in pixels), if you want to view full-size I suggest downloading it.

Reply #601 Posted: April 20, 2010, 10:42:48 am
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
A batch from the weekend in Akaroa.

Reply #602 Posted: April 20, 2010, 01:03:49 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

more

Reply #603 Posted: April 20, 2010, 01:06:20 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline prolax

• Administrator
  • prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...prolax might someday be someone...
love the panorama - how did you go about doing it?

Reply #604 Posted: April 20, 2010, 06:59:32 pm

Offline Growler

Quote from: prolax;1248823
love the panorama - how did you go about doing it?

D90 + Tripod + Raw + full manual mode + infinity focus etc.

Set the rig up and spent a good 20 mins getting the tripod as level as possible (my old 'Slik' has not bubbles :( ) so was constantly spinning the head through 360 to make sure was as good as I could get. I shot this with all images in portrait is roughly 40+ pics, or 2 x 20 really as there is 2 storys of images.

Once happy with alignment I manualy set the camera up to shoot about 1-2 steps to dark in the darkest part of the frame/panorama. SO I think I was f13 at 1/350. all metering spot, no active lighting etc (I think I may of done this wrong) Pretty much you dont want the camera to change ANY settings in ANY way at all so that from frame to fram the only thing changing is the actual data. So when you get to the bright section it's not blown out, and not overly dark in the shadows. I hope this makes sense.

Then I picked a start point on the hills away in the background and shot going round the full 360, I tried to leave about a 15% overlap in each frame by picking something from each frame. Speed is reasonably important for things like light & clouds, but go as fast and cleanly as possible and environment allows. The top row I had the hills on the back of the harbour at about the 1/4 mark on the VF frame, and the 2nd row I knew if I kept the hills at just below the top I would be sweet.

Stitched together using PTGUI, worths it weight in gold for this sort of work, messy with such a big one, but still get beautiful results.

Reply #605 Posted: April 20, 2010, 11:05:36 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline enzyme

• I Posted!
  • enzyme has no influence.
went down to hamilton on the weekend, haven't looked at all of my photos yet but this one was the first I've done

Ford fan haha

Reply #606 Posted: April 21, 2010, 07:06:03 pm

Offline G!mp

• Devoted Member
  • G!mp has no influence.
BBBOOOOOOOOOO  HHHIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS

Awesome photo though, you actually made the ford look like it MIGHT win.  :P

Reply #607 Posted: April 21, 2010, 09:07:36 pm

Offline EskemoJoe

• Addicted
  • EskemoJoe has no influence.
Quote from: enzyme;1249905
Ford fan haha

Leave. Your type is not welcome here.

(cool photo though, its allowed to stay)

Reply #608 Posted: April 21, 2010, 09:25:16 pm
Mmmm... Blueberry Muffins *drools*

Offline Growler

Another star trail, caught a few planes flying through the area too.

Peacock Fountain in the Christchurch Botanical Gardens

Reply #609 Posted: April 22, 2010, 09:25:35 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Inspiring work mate. Absolutely love it.

Reply #610 Posted: April 23, 2010, 02:41:21 am

Offline D

• Addicted
  • D has no influence.
Wow that's amazing Growler.

Nice stuff there

Reply #611 Posted: April 23, 2010, 07:17:29 am
Snow whites hot though. I\'d bang her with her 7 dwarfs playing with my butt crack at the same time.

Oh!

Offline System

• I Posted!
  • System has no influence.
Nice enzyme, that courtney?

Reply #612 Posted: April 23, 2010, 11:46:33 am

Offline InstigatoR

• Just settled in
  • InstigatoR has no influence.
Quote from: System;1251531
The text on the side that says 'Courtney' suggests yes

Reply #613 Posted: April 23, 2010, 11:13:21 pm

Offline Ngati_Grim

• Addicted
  • Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.Ngati_Grim is on the verge of being accepted.
Quote from: InstigatoR;1252200
The text on the side that says 'Courtney' suggests yes

haha Lion Red and Jim Beam..Target Audience much?
Responsible Advertising?
FUCK OFF!

Reply #614 Posted: April 24, 2010, 12:43:55 am
Recycle your red poppies, paint them white, and wear them throughout the year.

Offline enzyme

• I Posted!

Yeah it's courtney

Another couple of the drift utes, trying for some funky long crop effects or something xD

Reply #615 Posted: April 24, 2010, 09:53:21 am

Offline Distorted

• Devoted Member
  • Distorted has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1248247
Panorama taken at the top of Stony Bay Pass Road. 44 photos stitched to make a 360° Panorama. Still a little bit of work to do in the sky, but is a MASSIVE file to work on.

This is a lowrez higly compressed jpeg version, roughly 2.5% of the full size image. The full size image you can see the boats in Akaroa Harbour, which is the bay closest to the bottom in the sun glare.

WARNING IT IS BIG (in pixels), if you want to view full-size I suggest downloading it.

I need to explore new areas around Banks Peninsula to explore.

You might want to try the Smartblend plugin for PTGui

Reply #616 Posted: April 24, 2010, 10:41:13 am
[23:46] <Hori> I\'d do gay for pay
[23:46] <Hori> if the pay was right

I think I would know where to sign on a sexual harrassment settlement, thank you[/CENTER]

Offline enzyme

• I Posted!
another... haha just going through them slowly and posting up the good ones
Van Driftbergen

Reply #617 Posted: April 25, 2010, 12:11:54 am

Offline switch.

• Devoted Member
  • switch. has no influence.

Reply #618 Posted: April 25, 2010, 09:17:06 am

Offline Growler

Quote from: Distorted;1252370

Thanks mate,

Installed smartblend and panoramatools, saved all points so just re-rendering now. See what sort of results I get.

Reply #619 Posted: April 25, 2010, 10:15:43 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Distorted

• Devoted Member
  • Distorted has no influence.
Quote from: Growler;1252789
Quote from: Distorted;1252370

Thanks mate,

Installed smartblend and panoramatools, saved all points so just re-rendering now. See what sort of results I get.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing if you get some improved results :)

Reply #620 Posted: April 25, 2010, 12:26:45 pm
[23:46] <Hori> I\'d do gay for pay
[23:46] <Hori> if the pay was right

I think I would know where to sign on a sexual harrassment settlement, thank you[/CENTER]

Offline Growler

failed on the blend..... dont know why, the error was cryptic. Do you know if I have to enter any partmeters into ptgui for it?

Reply #621 Posted: April 25, 2010, 06:00:25 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Deviant

• Addicted
  • Deviant has no influence.

Reply #622 Posted: May 06, 2010, 08:22:05 pm
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.4GHz | ASUS P5Q-EM | XFX 8800GT EXTREME | 2x2Gb G.Skill DDR2-1066MHz | Vista Premium x64 | Silverstone ST75F 750w Modular | Zalman Cooling | 1.32TB HDD | Samsung 226BW | LanBox Lite
| 13354 3Dmark06 |

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Awesome stuff mate, I think the small size does it a bit of injustice though.

I had an awesome opportunity to take a pretty nice photo this morning, if I was not already running late for work, my neighbour had his Porsche 911 (or something along those times) out the front of his house, and it had just been raining, but there was a very small gap in the cloud, and the sun was shining onto the car, showing every little rain drop on the car.

Looked awesome, but yea, I was already running late for work, so had no time. :(

Reply #623 Posted: May 07, 2010, 02:35:31 am

Offline swindle

• swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!swindle is a rising star!
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/Realcool.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/epic.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/thirsty2.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/swind1e/vnice.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #624 Posted: May 09, 2010, 10:15:33 pm
If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.