Topic: Cool photos you've taken

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
Tekapo on Friday, started driving up the lake, was windy when I started, about half way down the lake the wind died for about 5 minutes. Rest of the time i was there the lake was whitecaps and the sky was grey.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=2ur5kbc3.k0a.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1775 Posted: September 04, 2012, 03:39:45 pm
Think of me like Yoda,
but instead of being little and green,
I wear suits and I'm awesome.
I'm your bro - I'm Broda!

Offline Demandred

• Game Server Admin
  • Demandred has no influence.
^epic

Reply #1776 Posted: September 06, 2012, 10:45:48 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
What Dem said, that is an absolutely fantastic photo, Growler!

Reply #1777 Posted: September 07, 2012, 09:23:29 am

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
  • Postal2 has no influence.
Thats a mean pic Growler,
I have also been doing some Time Lapse
but some of my time lapses that I do at night my camera fogs up, has anyone got any ideas how I can stop this?

Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:23:41 pm by Postal2

Reply #1778 Posted: September 08, 2012, 02:18:22 pm

Offline Growler

• Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!Growler is awe-inspiring!
lens fogging is normally caused by taking a lens from a warm to cool setting, try leaving it outside of the camera caase for 30 mins prior to starting shooting to let it cool down to ambient temp etc.

Reply #1779 Posted: September 08, 2012, 03:22:50 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Had the condensation issue in Fiji. Camera in room which was 21c and reasonably dry, going out into 95% humidity at 31c made for lots of condensation. As Mr Growler said just have to wait for it to clear/for glass to get warmer.

Postal, how have you been adjusting your exposure and white balance during timelapse's? Just doing it slowly as the lighting changes? Sunsets are cool to record, but difficult to adjust the camera to the lighting without it being super noticeable on the end product.

Like this.

Reply #1780 Posted: September 09, 2012, 10:09:25 am

Offline Growler

there are remotes for timelapse that will slide the timers gradually for you.

google will be your friend here!

Reply #1781 Posted: September 09, 2012, 10:22:39 am
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
  • mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...mycoolcar might someday be someone...
Ah, I already have a remote, a Hahnel Giga T Pro, sadly it doesn't have features like that. All good, will just have to play with settings and get to know how things work a bit better.

Reply #1782 Posted: September 09, 2012, 11:23:47 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Same remote as I use!

Reply #1783 Posted: September 09, 2012, 03:21:51 pm

Offline Postal2

• I Posted!
  • Postal2 has no influence.
I set the remote to about 10sec and the camera to Av or No Flash and let the camera adjust the exposure time from about 1/250 in the day to the full 30sec when it gets dark
Im using Canon 450D and Yongnuo TC-80N3a Remote

Reply #1784 Posted: September 09, 2012, 08:23:28 pm

Offline Growler

Reply #1785 Posted: September 09, 2012, 09:21:53 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Growler

Reply #1786 Posted: September 09, 2012, 09:24:55 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Went to visit Growler today, took this.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=ijs3cbh4.bnl.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Even went inside her. Here's what she looks like.

http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=31donseu.1ax.jpg
Cool photos you've taken

Reply #1787 Posted: September 14, 2012, 11:48:24 am

Offline Growler

A magnificent machine!

Reply #1788 Posted: September 14, 2012, 02:41:17 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline Emrico1

• Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!Emrico1 is a rising star!
The submarine is nice too!

Reply #1789 Posted: September 14, 2012, 05:35:28 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
I've started making gifs, they are like a mini-timelapse. I don't want to hear complaints about WAHH my internet/pc/modem/face cant handle all those gifs. If you have issues, upgrade something.

Reply #1790 Posted: September 21, 2012, 02:08:42 pm

Offline Craigor

• Administrator
  • Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!Craigor is awe-inspiring!
My computer was too powerful for the gifs and they played too quickly for me to see them.

Reply #1791 Posted: September 23, 2012, 12:12:00 pm
<a href="steam://friends/add/76561197966242864/">Add me to Steam</a> <- Fixed! lol

Offline mattnz

• mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.mattnz is working their way up.
Same.

Reply #1792 Posted: September 23, 2012, 03:39:23 pm
Now that you have read this, plz give me neg rep :>

Offline deadmeatwalking

• Devoted Member
  • deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.deadmeatwalking is a force to reckon with.
Freakin awesome mate, never tried to use a .Gif  looks good though mate well done :)

Reply #1793 Posted: September 23, 2012, 08:43:24 pm

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
*sigh* its hard to find a good gif host.

Any suggestions?

Reply #1794 Posted: September 24, 2012, 09:17:08 am

Offline Kayne

• Addicted
  • Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!Kayne is awe-inspiring!
iforce.co.nz?

(If that works, there you go :P)

Reply #1795 Posted: September 24, 2012, 10:31:12 am
Top Geary - 27th May 2016 at 12:10 AM
I've learnt to ignore when you say derogatory things to me

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Weird, I thought I tried it and no work for some reason. meh.

Reply #1796 Posted: September 24, 2012, 10:36:11 am

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Been playing around with a few things in post processing.

Have had some horrible results, these are the 3 I like the most.

NYC by mcctravels, on Flickr

DC Capitol by mcctravels, on Flickr

Streets of Chicago by mcctravels, on Flickr

Reply #1797 Posted: September 28, 2012, 05:12:13 pm

Offline Growler

Do you shoot in Raw MCC?

Reply #1798 Posted: September 28, 2012, 06:19:24 pm
Think of me like Yoda,

Offline mycoolcar

• Addicted
Raw + JPEG.

The ones above were processed from jpegs because the program I am using isn't that pro.

Reply #1799 Posted: September 28, 2012, 06:57:07 pm