Topic: Football Thread (formally Soccer Thread)

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
For doing what, bitching and moaning about how he is fucking shit (at least compared to what he gets paid), and looking like Shrek?

Reply #1100 Posted: October 28, 2010, 02:06:33 am

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
It would take alot of coin for him to smile when he sees his ugly mug in the mirror every morning.

Reply #1101 Posted: October 28, 2010, 05:59:40 am

Offline Wandarah

• Addicted
  • Wandarah has no influence.
I imagine they've signed a nice contract for him to stay quiet, and he'll be off in Jan or the Summer. Same as Ronaldo - better than him going on a free.

It's best not to think about how much these cunts get paid.

Reply #1102 Posted: October 28, 2010, 12:20:31 pm
Immanentize the eschaton

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
  • Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.Spork is working their way up.
Man I was feeling bad about that Newcastle game, woke up this morning, watched the goals and the last ten minutes, that was fantastic.

Reply #1103 Posted: October 28, 2010, 10:50:54 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
  • maorifulla has no influence.
lets hope arsenal can maintain this momentum over the season

ive always had a soft spot for the gunners (my father being a fan) plus i just enjoy their style of football

Reply #1104 Posted: October 29, 2010, 06:52:10 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Yea, I really hope they at least win the Carling Cup, I know it isn't really that prestigious a trophy these days, but the players really need to be able to claim ownership of something after all the hard work they have done, I mean, sure, I want them to win because I support them, but the main reason is for the players.

However, I do believe that if they do win the CC this year, if they don't win anything else this year, next year they definitely will.

Reply #1105 Posted: October 29, 2010, 11:18:19 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin

Reply #1106 Posted: October 29, 2010, 11:20:20 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1324367
easy games coming up against Blackburn

Oh yea, that worked out well for you. :P

Both Arsenal and Chelsea were very lucky to take full points from their games tonight.

Also, FUCK YEA WOLVES!

Come on you Spurs, there is hardly I game where I allow myself to support such a filthy team, but this is one of them.

Reply #1107 Posted: October 31, 2010, 05:23:46 am

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
  • Thetruereddevil has no influence.
Quote from: Spork;1326353
Quote from: SteddieEddie;1324367
easy games coming up against Blackburn

Oh yea, that worked out well for you. :P

Both Arsenal and Chelsea were very lucky to take full points from their games tonight.

Also, FUCK YEA WOLVES!

Come on you Spurs, there is hardly I game where I allow myself to support such a filthy team, but this is one of them.

HAH citeh

and supporting spurs eh, signs of desperation:)

Reply #1108 Posted: October 31, 2010, 06:50:29 am

henno

What's the first rule of sport?

Play the whistle.

Sweet justice lol

Reply #1109 Posted: October 31, 2010, 07:19:29 am

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
but but but!

goodbye spurs

Reply #1110 Posted: October 31, 2010, 07:22:09 am

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
hahahah citeh!

Reply #1111 Posted: October 31, 2010, 08:31:29 am

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: henno;1326357
What's the first rule of sport?

Play the whistle.

Sweet justice lol

Nani asked the ref about three times before putting it in the net lol

Could have been a penalty, if not should have been a free kick against Nani for handball, but ref called neither....

Silly Goalie

Reply #1112 Posted: October 31, 2010, 09:22:13 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
It's around about this time where Lpool bounce back and the top 4 continues as normal, losing to Wolves.. City do not deserve to be in the top 4.

(Little bit ironic I know) :P

Reply #1113 Posted: October 31, 2010, 05:04:20 pm

Offline maorifulla

• Addicted
I bloody hope so

but im enjoying Man Citehs run of 2 games 1 goal for and 5 against lol

considering the money they have spent and the get beaten buy a bottom 4 team

LOL

Reply #1114 Posted: October 31, 2010, 06:54:10 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I just saw the Nani goal... WTF Gomes?

What was the controversy about? Was it meant to be a free kick for Gomes?

Reply #1115 Posted: October 31, 2010, 09:25:23 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1326600
I just saw the Nani goal... WTF Gomes?

What was the controversy about? Was it meant to be a free kick for Gomes?

he thought it was, ref never blew whistle, what else could nani di, he basically asked if it was ok lol

Reply #1116 Posted: November 01, 2010, 07:57:49 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
Wasn't it a handball by Nani? Didn't the assistant ref call him over? What sort of conversation did they have? How did the ref let it be a goal?

Reply #1117 Posted: November 01, 2010, 07:17:03 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted
  • kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...kilabee might someday be someone...
Rules of football
#1 - Play to the whistle

Reply #1118 Posted: November 01, 2010, 07:32:36 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
Quote from: Spork;1327115
Wasn't it a handball by Nani? Didn't the assistant ref call him over? What sort of conversation did they have? How did the ref let it be a goal?

he was pulled back by a defender went down, collecting the ball with his hand when he fell
no penalty, gomes picks up ball, places it down as he thinks its a free kick, places it RIGHT IN FRONT OF NANI

nani looks at ref, looks again, asks was there a whistle, shoots the ball, Gomes clicks at last second, dives, misses, throws toys

Reply #1119 Posted: November 01, 2010, 09:11:32 pm

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
lul. that's funny

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3205348/Man-City-stars-want-Mancini-axed.html

LOL. THATS HILARIOUS.

I hope they do axe him. Fucking idiots, Mancini is a brilliant manager.

I mean, even Sir Alex or Wenger would find the Mancs hard to manage as they are now.. If they axe Mancini, who do they exactly want?

Reply #1120 Posted: November 01, 2010, 10:23:11 pm

Offline kilabee

• Addicted

Reply #1121 Posted: November 01, 2010, 10:25:38 pm

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
manage themselves, you see because they are paid so much they know better right?

Reply #1122 Posted: November 02, 2010, 10:52:21 am

Offline Spork

• Game Server Admin
I like what Harry Redface is doing, it really is pretty bad how there is no penalty for refs fucking up, which they do a lot. Even if this incident was correct, I still think there should be a panel who look into it, and if the ref made the wrong decision, which could have changed the game, then they should be dealt with.

Reply #1123 Posted: November 02, 2010, 11:29:59 am

Offline Thetruereddevil

• Addicted
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=838185&sec=england&cc=3436

aaaand it continues

yes a free kick should have been given, but gomes still fucked up

Fergie summed it up best, after the game saying to 'appy 'arry "I've got no F*** idea what just happened there"

and yes i do agree in a way spork, though some referees have been demoted before, was it graham poll with THREE yellow cards to one player?

i know in the NRL refs get demoted for bad performances for example

maybe a ref gets dropped to Championship, League One, or even reffing Leeds Uniteds next home game? I think i remember reading there is a rating system each coach does and individual experts for each game, just seems to be little consequence eh

Reply #1124 Posted: November 02, 2010, 11:40:54 pm